Author Topic: Hollywood Celebrity Calls For Americans To Shut Down Economy To Oust Trump  (Read 921 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 28th, 2020
Hollywood Celebrity Calls For Americans To Shut Down Economy To Oust Trump
By  Joseph Curl
DailyWire.com

Hollywood celebrities say some dumb things, but we’d like to nominate this for dumbest all-time.

Patricia Arquette, who describes herself on her Twitter page as “actress — activist — troublemaker,” is calling for Americans to conduct a one-day economic shutdown in order to damage the U.S. economy and hurt President Trump.

The C-list actress posted a message to Instagram on Thursday to promote an event March 2. She told her 146,000 followers not to make any purchases for a 24-hour period.

“A REMINDER: Please contact everyone you know. On Monday, March 2nd, there is an Economic Shutdown. #Shutitdown. It’s easy,” she wrote in her post.

“DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON ANYTHING ANYWHERE. our goal is to cause a $238.2 billion dollar blip on the federal government’s records.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/hollywood-celebrity-calls-for-americans-to-shut-down-economy-to-oust-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Hollywood Celebrity Calls For Americans To Shut Down Economy To Oust Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 03:14:04 pm »
I wonder if Liberalism (leftism) is contagious?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:14:10 pm »
Just another noname nobody in Hollywood attempting to become famous on Donald Trump's coattails.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 05:40:04 pm »
I wonder how many libs are as crazy as Arquette to wish people lose jobs/go hungry because they hate someone so much. I'll bet quite a few.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 05:48:00 pm »
When I see sh*t like this, I think of lifetime ban of ever again watching her.  The simple fact is, we just do not need airhead Hollywood pukes attempting to lead anything.  She is just one more POS that I will turn off when I see her.

I literally threw out every DVD with DeNiro that I had in my collection.  BTW, the worst movie I have seen since 1977 is The Irishman with DeNiro and Pacino.  What a piece of total crap.  I could not believe it was nominated for an Oscar.  Ugggh!!!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 06:29:51 pm »
DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON ANYTHING ANYWHERE

So I'm not supposed to buy groceries next week?

Lord, save us from stupid celebrities.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mortarman

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 06:38:03 pm »
This means I get to delete the Start Network from my TV. The show Medium on that channel.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 06:51:22 pm »
She describes herself as an actress, really, since when does a pair of tits act because that's about all the talent she ever had and her talent has been...........sagging shall we say?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 06:52:19 pm »
Ah yes, commies - oppressing, burning, butchering, starving, destroying economies - all just to destroy their political enemies and grab power.

In otherwards, just another day at the office.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:21 pm »
When I see sh*t like this, I think of lifetime ban of ever again watching her.  The simple fact is, we just do not need airhead Hollywood pukes attempting to lead anything.  She is just one more POS that I will turn off when I see her.

I literally threw out every DVD with DeNiro that I had in my collection.  BTW, the worst movie I have seen since 1977 is The Irishman with DeNiro and Pacino.  What a piece of total crap.  I could not believe it was nominated for an Oscar.  Ugggh!!!
"the worst movie I have seen since 1977 is The Irishman"

I didn't hate it, but it wasn't that good. I judge the worth of a movie on whether I'd like to watch it again. I don't really care to see it again.
It's vastly overrated.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 07:51:51 pm »
Patricia Arquette (no idea how to pronounce that name)
I have honestly never heard of this person before today. So I looked up her filmography and immediately understood why. I've never watched anything that she has been in. Those are all shows and movies that I avoid. And now, that's a good thing.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2020, 07:58:09 pm »
Ah yes, commies - oppressing, burning, butchering, starving, destroying economies - all just to destroy their political enemies and grab power.

In otherwards, just another day at the office.
"Ah yes, commies"

I view  them more as parasites. They don't want to give up their wealth, they simply have no idea how wealth is created. Arquette is just another stupid, liberal fool who vastly overestimates her value to the world.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2020, 08:00:23 pm »
Patricia Arquette (no idea how to pronounce that name)
I have honestly never heard of this person before today. So I looked up her filmography and immediately understood why. I've never watched anything that she has been in. Those are all shows and movies that I avoid. And now, that's a good thing.

Pronounced AR-KET

Comes from a family of actors.  Her brother and sister are in the business as was her father.  Her grandfather, Cliff Arquette, used to portray a character named Charley Weaver, on a number of talk shows and other tv appearances years ago. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Z-lister desperate for any attention she can get.

Calling her a celebrity is a stretch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

This "brilliant" idea is proposed on Democratic Underground discussion forums just about once every 6 months since November, 2016. As demonstrated by CfA and Hobby Lobby, Progs' boycotts don't work. Dick's Sporting Goods, OTOH ...

I have a couple pair of shoes approaching wear-out, so maybe tomorrow would be a good time to go shoe shopping ... maybe some Hoka Arahi on clearance at Sports Basement ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

So I'm not supposed to buy groceries next week?

Lord, save us from stupid celebrities.    *****rollingeyes*****

No, not next week, just Monday.  Everybody still buys everything they need, just on a different day.  Then you pretend like that made a difference in the economy.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

rangerrebew

Doesn't this dumb *ss realize the entertainment industry is part of the economy.  Is she willing to cut off her nose to spite her face? :thumbsdown:

Offline goatprairie

Doesn't this dumb *ss realize the entertainment industry is part of the economy.  Is she willing to cut off her nose to spite her face? :thumbsdown:
I don't believe they can think beyond their next bong hit.

Offline verga

I wonder how many libs are as crazy as Arquette to wish people lose jobs/go hungry because they hate someone so much. I'll bet quite a few.
I am not certain if it is 'crazy" or just completely self absorbed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

I am not certain if it is 'crazy" or just completely self absorbed.
To wish that the American economy goes sour just because you hate someone so much entailing all that means for average people indicates a level of mental illness.
When Obama was president, I never wished people would lose their jobs or go hungry because I greatly disliked him.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
It’s not working. Dow , Nasdaq , and S&P are all up today as of now. Last weeks losses are being erased.

If I want financial advice I’d ask Warren Buffett or even someone who works in the industry, or some investment company. Heck I’d even ask that annoying guy on CNBC. What’s his name? Jim Kramer?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

Patricia Arquette, who describes herself on her Twitter page as “actress — activist — troublemaker,” is calling for Americans to conduct a one-day economic shutdown in order to damage the U.S. economy and hurt President Trump.

Just one day?  How about if I go the whole year without watching a new movie?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

Well, guys, I violated the boycott.  Went to the mall, found a lovely winter turtleneck on clearance for $6.00. Then I went to the supermarket and bought some groceries.  By the way, the supermarket was well stocked -- no evidence of panic buying or shortages yet, but that might be because the coronavirus hasn't hit this area yet.

@Gefn   Reputable advisors are telling people not to go to the extreme such as taking the money out of the market and putting it under the mattress, and they are right.  Can't say if today's upswing means the market crisis is over completely, but it may be a sign that the hysterics have eased somewhat.  I'd like to think that this weekend's news conference might have actually allayed fears.  I missed most of Trump' remarks in the beginning, but the rest of the team --VP Pence, the HHS head and the other guy (Surgeon General?) sounded authoritative and reassuring, and those things were what we all needed -- not all the whining, finger pointing and stupid ideas like this boycott over the last few days. 

Offline thackney

Well, guys, I violated the boycott.  Went to the mall, found a lovely winter turtleneck on clearance for $6.00. Then I went to the supermarket and bought some groceries.  By the way, the supermarket was well stocked -- no evidence of panic buying or shortages yet, but that might be because the coronavirus hasn't hit this area yet.

@Gefn   Reputable advisors are telling people not to go to the extreme such as taking the money out of the market and putting it under the mattress, and they are right.  Can't say if today's upswing means the market crisis is over completely, but it may be a sign that the hysterics have eased somewhat.  I'd like to think that this weekend's news conference might have actually allayed fears.  I missed most of Trump' remarks in the beginning, but the rest of the team --VP Pence, the HHS head and the other guy (Surgeon General?) sounded authoritative and reassuring, and those things were what we all needed -- not all the whining, finger pointing and stupid ideas like this boycott over the last few days.

In my area, Texas Gulf Coast, we found Wal-Mart to be sold out of any product that was "Sanitizing", wipes, lotion, etc
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Bought a set of cast iron skillets.
They are currently baking in the oven for season.