Author Topic: Live Thread: Impeachment Trial Day 9  (Read 2802 times)

Online corbe

Re: Live Thread: Impeachment Trial Day 9
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2020, 05:25:13 am »
   @Right_in_Virginia I wish I shared your faith in McConnell to pull this off, these are tight margins on these possible upcoming votes, but like McCarthy in the House, they've disappointed me to many times to share your level of confidence.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2020, 05:32:37 am »
   @Right_in_Virginia I wish I shared your faith in McConnell to pull this off, these are tight margins on these possible upcoming votes, but like McCarthy in the House, they've disappointed me to many times to share your level of confidence.   :beer:

I won't exhale until the vote is taken.  Our spineless RINO population in congress has a history of going squishy when the chips are down.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2020, 06:31:38 am »
So, even if this saga of calling witnesses were to end, Larry Elder tonight says, this isn't an end to them trying to call Bolton and etc. They'll try to call him again at some time, subpoena him. It just won't be in this trial. He's probably correct and I wish I could state it as eloquently as he did.
@TomSea
They don't need to call him.  He's writing a book.  Everything comes out eventually.

I don't know about anyone else but I thought this was a great impeachment.  Epic in fact.  I can't wait for the next one.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2020, 11:58:58 am »
@TomSea
I don't know about anyone else but I thought this was a great impeachment.  Epic in fact.  I can't wait for the next one.

An epic display of Democrat obstuction and egregious abuse of power.  And hypocrisy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2020, 12:49:51 pm »
An epic display of Democrat obstuction and egregious abuse of power.  And hypocrisy.

When it comes to the trashpile of human history this one is a standalone.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2020, 01:21:34 pm »
Bolton backs officials called in House impeachment hearing
By Marina Pitofsky - 01/31/20 07:43 AM EST

Former national security adviser John Bolton at a private event on Thursday defended the officials who testified in the House impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

Bolton, speaking in Austin, Texas, said members of the Trump administration should “feel they’re able to speak their minds without retribution,” KXAN reported.

The former national security adviser defended former National Security Council senior director for Europe and Russia Fiona Hill, former top National Security Council aide Tim Morrison, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Bill Taylor, the former top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine and former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, the outlet reported.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/480836-bolton-backs-officials-called-in-house-impeachment-hearing

:shrug:

Before, Bolton was hired by the Trump WH, I'd watch him on FOX or FOX business and he was supportive of the President. We will have to see how this all goes. I'm not calling him a backstabber though, to me, this is all disagreeable what he did.

Again, my personal view, he sees how we treat NK, Iran, perhaps Russia too, with kid gloves where as Bolton would likely drastically deal with them so this is a bit of his way to lash back. I don't really think he sees some great moral dilemma in all of this. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:24:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2020, 02:27:28 pm »

Before, Bolton was hired by the Trump WH, I'd watch him on FOX or FOX business and he was supportive of the President. We will have to see how this all goes. I'm not calling him a backstabber though, to me, this is all disagreeable what he did.

Again, my personal view, he sees how we treat NK, Iran, perhaps Russia too, with kid gloves where as Bolton would likely drastically deal with them so this is a bit of his way to lash back. I don't really think he sees some great moral dilemma in all of this. Just my opinion.

A lot of Trump's problems with former staff like Bolton is his inability to treat subordinates with respect during dispute.  From Tillison, to Mattis, to Sessions....  The pattern is undeniable.  I support the POTUS acquittal, but he really needs to re-evaluate his managment style. Otherwise, subsequent retributive events from exiting staff are inevitable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2020, 03:55:22 pm »
The former national security adviser defended former National Security Council senior director for Europe and Russia Fiona Hill, former top National Security Council aide Tim Morrison, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Bill Taylor, the former top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine and former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, the outlet reported.

That last part makes zero sense.  Yovanovitch perjured herself, was complicit in the Burisma dealings, and was in charge when millions in US AID money came up missing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2020, 04:00:17 pm »
A lot of Trump's problems with former staff like Bolton is his inability to treat subordinates with respect during dispute.  From Tillison, to Mattis, to Sessions....  The pattern is undeniable.  I support the POTUS acquittal, but he really needs to re-evaluate his managment style. Otherwise, subsequent retributive events from exiting staff are inevitable.

This is the typical mindset characteristic of an entrepreneur.  While superbly talented when it comes to vision, they are also extremely difficult to work for.  Entrepreneurs seek loyalty above all else from their subordinates.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2020, 04:02:42 pm »

Bolton thought he'd run the show,   Trump just saw him as a source of input, and Trump made decisions based on that input.  Bolton couldn't handle that.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2020, 04:30:05 pm »
Bolton thought he'd run the show,   Trump just saw him as a source of input, and Trump made decisions based on that input.  Bolton couldn't handle that.

John Bolton is just like all other Diplomats and former diplomats!  They imagine that they are VERY much more important than they actually are.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2020, 04:32:38 pm »
This is the typical mindset characteristic of an entrepreneur.  While superbly talented when it comes to vision, they are also extremely difficult to work for.  Entrepreneurs seek loyalty above all else from their subordinates.

Well put.  OTOH, as much as Trump values loyalty....    That trait is a two way street.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:07 pm »
John Bolton is just like all other Diplomats and former diplomats!  They imagine that they are VERY much more important than they actually are.
Bolton has never been the lead horse, always pushing letting others take the heat.
Now he is getting yelled at and he does not like it..

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:26 pm »

@catfish1957

I agree,but just don't see that happening this late in his life.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2020, 04:38:08 pm »

@Bigun  :amen:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2020, 04:40:36 pm »
@catfish1957

I agree,but just don't see that happening this late in his life.

@sneakypete

Agreed.  In some ways this is still better than the style of a squishy GHWB, and others.  Leading by consensus is part of the reason this country has gone to hell the past 30 years.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2020, 05:43:10 pm »
@sneakypete
 Leading by consensus is part of the reason this country has gone to hell the past 30 years.

@catfish1957

There is no such thing as leading by consensus. That is a "the borg" leading. Herd mentality. Rule by mob.

Real leaders lead from the front,and it it is up to those following to catch up. If they can't,they get replaced by someone who can.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2020, 07:03:50 pm »
@catfish1957

There is no such thing as leading by consensus. That is a "the borg" leading. Herd mentality. Rule by mob.

Real leaders lead from the front,and it it is up to those following to catch up. If they can't,they get replaced by someone who can.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2020, 07:46:02 pm »

I don't call it lashing back.  I call it defending your good name.  It was the same with Sessions.  Fully supported Trump and the agenda he set for the Republican party going forward from the election.

I will not call John Bolton a liar.  And without his testimony he doesn't even get a chance to defend his name.  And now he is being dragged through the mud.  But don't expect it to stop here.  There are months left before the election and I imagine that Bolton will now continue to defend himself with other avenues.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.