Author Topic: Live Thread: Impeachment Trial Day 9  (Read 2947 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Live Thread: Impeachment Trial Day 9
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2020, 04:02:33 am »
   Lamar Alexander is a NO!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2020, 04:03:47 am »
Where did you hear that
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2020, 04:03:52 am »
Alexander is a NO!!!  Via CNN

Offline corbe

« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2020, 04:04:56 am »
   On CNN, the only news channels I get. They just announced it. @mystery-ak
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2020, 04:06:08 am »
Okay fox has it
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline corbe

« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2020, 04:06:36 am »
   McConnell won't allow Schumer to weasel CJ Roberts to tie break vote.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2020, 04:08:08 am »
Murkowski wants to read tonight Romney wants to hear from Bolton
Support the USO

Offline corbe

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2020, 04:09:48 am »
   I guess I need to get use to this idea of PRESIDENT Trump cause it looks to me like he's gonna be around for another 5 years.   22222frying pan

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2020, 04:14:12 am »
   Lamar Alexander is a NO!

From Alexander's site:

“I worked with other senators to make sure that we have the right to ask for more documents and witnesses, but there is no need for more evidence to prove something that has already been proven and that does not meet the United States Constitution’s high bar for an impeachable offense. …The Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate.

“The question then is not whether the president did it, but whether the United States Senate or the American people should decide what to do about what he did. I believe that the Constitution provides that the people should make that decision in the presidential election that begins in Iowa on Monday. …Our founding documents provide for duly elected presidents who serve with ‘the consent of the governed,’ not at the pleasure of the United States Congress. Let the people decide.” – Senator Lamar Alexander

Offline corbe

« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2020, 04:15:23 am »
Murkowski wants to read tonight Romney wants to hear from Bolton

I knew she could read because she had to instruct her voters how to spell her name when she ran as a write-in against a good Tea Party Candidate~Joe Miller, Thank You McConnell.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:38 am »
   I knew she could read because she had to instruct her voters how to spell her name when she ran as a write-in against a good Tea Party Candidate~Joe Miller, Thank You McConnell.

Do we have the up to date count now that Alexander has committed?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2020, 04:39:18 am »
   Seems to depends on Murkowski at this point, whether it's a tie or not. @catfish1957

Offline corbe

« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2020, 04:42:44 am »
   Collins and Romney are lost that gives Cocaine Mitch a 51~49 depending on Bitch Murkowski to avoid the CJ Roberts tie breaker question, as I figure it.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2020, 04:43:03 am »
Do we have the up to date count now that Alexander has committed?

The Dems needed four defections to pass the witness vote.  With Romney, Collins and Murkowski likely defections, the RATS needed Lamar or one other Pubbie to get to 51.   It looks like it will be a 50-50 vote against additional witnesses with Pence breaking the tie.

There are probably 53-54 votes to acquit.  Hopefully that will happen late tomorrow night so it's not hanging over the head of Trump when he delivers the SOTU on Tuesday night.  I do look forward to watching Nancy's hangdog look in the background as Trump itemizes the list of successes and achievements with the smell of victory about him.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 04:44:16 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2020, 04:44:01 am »
So, even if this saga of calling witnesses were to end, Larry Elder tonight says, this isn't an end to them trying to call Bolton and etc. They'll try to call him again at some time, subpoena him. It just won't be in this trial. He's probably correct and I wish I could state it as eloquently as he did.

Offline corbe

« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2020, 04:48:10 am »
   I don't believe VP Pence can be a tie~breaker in this trial @ArneFufkin and a 50/50 goes for immediate end and Vote, but I could be wrong.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2020, 04:49:18 am »
   I don't believe VP Pence can be a tie~breaker in this trial @ArneFufkin and a 50/50 goes for immediate end and Vote, but I could be wrong.

I think you're right, Corbe.  I hadn't heard Pence mentioned at all in the scenarios.

Offline corbe

« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2020, 04:50:54 am »
   The dems are trying to arrange CJ Roberts to be the tie breaker vote but McConnell has other ideas, let's hope he can pull it off.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2020, 05:08:31 am »
   The dems are trying to arrange CJ Roberts to be the tie breaker vote but McConnell has other ideas, let's hope he can pull it off.

Maybe Murkowski will shock the world.  Cruz indicated he and other Senators have had lengthy discussions with her.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2020, 05:08:57 am »
   Collins and Romney are lost that gives Cocaine Mitch a 51~49 depending on Bitch Murkowski to avoid the CJ Roberts tie breaker question, as I figure it.

The Chief Justice does not get a vote @corbe

Per Senate rules a 50/50 tie means the resolution fails ... and no more witnesses.

Next action:  A vote on each article of impeachment.

Offline corbe

« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2020, 05:11:41 am »
   Don't you think @Right_in_Virginia that Schumer will introduce a motion to do just that, give CJ Roberts a chance to screw America again?

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2020, 05:12:40 am »
The Dems needed four defections to pass the witness vote.  With Romney, Collins and Murkowski likely defections, the RATS needed Lamar or one other Pubbie to get to 51.   It looks like it will be a 50-50 vote against additional witnesses with Pence breaking the tie.

There are probably 53-54 votes to acquit.  Hopefully that will happen late tomorrow night so it's not hanging over the head of Trump when he delivers the SOTU on Tuesday night.  I do look forward to watching Nancy's hangdog look in the background as Trump itemizes the list of successes and achievements with the smell of victory about him.

Romney and Murkowski represent pretty Red states.  Let's hope there are repercussions.  Add the fact, that I feel Romney tanked the POTUS  election and '12, and has no business here at a national level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2020, 05:19:28 am »
   Don't you think @Right_in_Virginia that Schumer will introduce a motion to do just that, give CJ Roberts a chance to screw America again?

I put nothing past Schumer @corbe  But a member of the judicial branch has no standing to vote in the legislature.

If Schumer wants to open that can of worms, he's dumber than bag of rocks.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2020, 05:22:13 am »

Like everyone else, I sure don't want witnesses.

OTOH, seeing the Bidens squirm and hanging themselves on the stand does give me some some pleasurable thought.