Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79308 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #700 on: February 27, 2020, 05:12:04 pm »
The same three networks that spent last week spreading fear and panicking the public about corona—essentially a variation of a flu bug—refused to cover the president’s press conference. Sounds like they’ve got an agenda.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #701 on: February 27, 2020, 05:17:43 pm »
Pence taps career health official to coordinate White House coronavirus response
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/484938-pence-taps-career-health-official-to-coordinate-white-house-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #702 on: February 27, 2020, 05:29:10 pm »
The same three networks that spent last week spreading fear and panicking the public about corona—essentially a variation of a flu bug—refused to cover the president’s press conference. Sounds like they’ve got an agenda.

I watched it live. It was on CNN, Fox, MSNBC and I imagine OAN et. all. The broadcast networks don't bother as the cable news outlets is what people watch nowdays, that and live on-line streaming.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #703 on: February 27, 2020, 05:32:54 pm »
Israeli scientists: 'In three weeks, we will have coronavirus vaccine'

A team of Israeli scientists are on the cusp of developing the first vaccine against coronavirus, according to Israel’s Minister of Science and Technology, Ofir Akunis. If all goes as planned, the vaccine could be ready within three weeks and available in 90 days.

“Congratulations to MIGAL [The Galilee Research Institute] on this exciting breakthrough. I am confident that there will be further rapid progress, enabling us to provide a needed response to the grave global COVID-19 threat,” Akunis said, referring to the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

More:  https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-scientists-In-three-weeks-we-will-have-coronavirus-vaccine-619101

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #704 on: February 27, 2020, 05:35:57 pm »
Pence taps career health official to coordinate White House coronavirus response
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/484938-pence-taps-career-health-official-to-coordinate-white-house-coronavirus

FTA:

Birx currently serves as the ambassador-at-large for the State Department coordinating the U.S. efforts to combat HIV/AIDS. An Obama-era appointee, she has held that role since 2014.

Since everything O'Bastard touches turns to shit, how is this Birx person being elevated a good thing?  O'Bastard actually went out of his way to staff his agencies with libtards.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #705 on: February 27, 2020, 06:10:04 pm »
I watched it live. It was on CNN, Fox, MSNBC and I imagine OAN et. all. The broadcast networks don't bother as the cable news outlets is what people watch nowdays, that and live on-line streaming.

...unless it happens those people are watching their favorite shows.

Cable news viewership is still dwarfed by broadcast news audiences and previously the broadcast networks felt a responsibility to preempt regular programming to carry presidential news conferences on a topic of such national concern. They certainly did with every inane Obama utterance.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 06:11:16 pm by aligncare »

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #706 on: February 27, 2020, 06:16:40 pm »
FTA:

Since everything O'Bastard touches turns to shit, how is this Birx person being elevated a good thing?  O'Bastard actually went out of his way to staff his agencies with libtards.

Because certainly, at a time like this, a political loyalty test is infinitely more important than her credentials and experience in these matters.

She seems to be a good pick in that she has the right scientific and medical experience plus experience in interagency coordination and international cooperation.

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #707 on: February 27, 2020, 06:19:17 pm »
...unless it happens those people are watching their favorite shows.

Cable news viewership is still dwarfed by broadcast news audiences and previously the broadcast networks felt a responsibility to preempt regular programming to carry presidential news conferences on a topic of such national concern. They certainly did with every inane Obama utterance.

People who are more interested in watching Judge Judy, Ellen or Wheel of Fortune, aren't going to watch the press conference

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #708 on: February 27, 2020, 06:30:08 pm »
FTA:

Because one group Obama looked out for was the homosexual population. There is a good chance this person is competent. (One of the reasons for Obamacare was to let the rest of us pay for AIDS patients.)
As long as the doctor does medicine before politics, and keeping in mind immuno compromised people are more at risk than the general population, this might be a decent pick.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #709 on: February 27, 2020, 06:34:43 pm »
Iranian deputy health minister, diagnosed with coronavirus, goes into quarantine as locals accuse Tehran of cover-up
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/iranian-health-minister-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-goes-into-quarantine-as-locals-accuse-tehran-of-cover-up.html
FEB 26 2020

KEY POINTS

Iran’s government confirmed 139 cases and 19 deaths from the fast-spreading virus as of Wednesday, the highest number of fatalities outside China, where the disease has taken more than 2,600 lives and sickened more than 80,000.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo expressed concern on Tuesday that Tehran may be withholding “vital details” and urged all countries to “tell the truth about the coronavirus.”

Iran’s neighbors have shut their borders with the country and most Middle Eastern countries have now suspended flights to and from Iran.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #710 on: February 27, 2020, 06:41:30 pm »
Trump has a genuine problem in that virtually everyone at the CDC is against him, i.e. uber liberals.  And I do not put it past these folks to drag their feet to make this outbreak worse than what it could be.  Do not underestimate the ability of these liberal healthcare folks to be extremely political.

It is no mystery to me why Trump selected Pence to head up the effort.  The fact is that all these medical folks are uber liberals, and they are not to be trusted. 

Evidence of this fact that the test kits for this virus do not work.  That is convenient, and very handicapping in the event we have a real outbreak in the USA.  The liberals are so desperate they will pull very dastardly actions to knock Trump down.

For all here, trust people in the medical field at your own peril.  Should you end up with the virus, I would suggest that if it is severe, do everything you can to avoid going to a hospital.  Our hospitals are rich in bugs that if you get exposed while your immunity is lowered, you could easily die.  I am talking about bugs that do not respond to antibiotics.

Fact is, the CDC is not tracking fully all the people dying from these bugs at present.  They are only implementing programs now to track them, and they are doing it in only a handful of states.

As a final note, if any of you caught the Glenn Beck segment on corona virus one week ago or so, he implied that the Chinese were burning what had to be over 14,000 bodies right outside of Wuhan at one time to produce some sulphur gas seen via satellite.  If what he reported is accurate, then the mortality rate is much higher.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #711 on: February 27, 2020, 06:42:58 pm »
People who are more interested in watching Judge Judy, Ellen or Wheel of Fortune, aren't going to watch the press conference

Not sure what you’re trying to say here. If all three networks interrupted their programming it would certainly get their viewers attention with coverage of a message update from the president and CDC medical experts.

It’s pretty obvious to me the networks didn’t want that to happen.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #712 on: February 27, 2020, 06:46:20 pm »

As a final note, if any of you caught the Glenn Beck segment on corona virus one week ago or so, he implied that the Chinese were burning what had to be over 14,000 bodies right outside of Wuhan at one time to produce some sulphur gas seen via satellite.  If what he reported is accurate, then the mortality rate is much higher.
The CDC has been preoccupied for years with things like motorcycle helmets and "gun violence".

As for Beck's emissions estimate, that leaves out the number of infected. Chances are good the Chinese aren't reporting either infected nor mortality honestly, so the rate may still be low, but the number of infections grossly understated.

It's just unreliable data.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #713 on: February 27, 2020, 06:47:48 pm »
Not sure what you’re trying to say here. If all three networks interrupted their programming it would certainly get their viewers attention with coverage of a message update from the president and CDC medical experts.

It’s pretty obvious to me the networks didn’t want that to happen.

I'd venture that the demographic addicted to Judge Judy, et. al. leans quite a bit lefter than normal folks.  A lot of anecdotal scuttlebutt out there, that that same demographic group was none too pleased with the dims pre-empting their viewership with that impeachment "stuff".  :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #714 on: February 27, 2020, 06:49:12 pm »
One more thought, when it pertains to hospitals, studies show that doctors in particular do not wash their hands going from one patient to another.  It was like 20%, and nurses were at 47% or so.  If you or someone you know ends up in a hospital, regardless of reason, demand all people that approach you or someone you know wash their hands before they touch anyone.

Believe it or not, the CDC in Africa with the ebola outbreak had training on why it was important to wash your hands.  The medical folks in Africa were utterly clueless as to why this is important.

If you go to a hospital, visit someone in a hospital, please try and thoroughly wash your hands when you enter your home, wash them after going anywhere outside your house and return home.

WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING IN YOUR HOME
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 06:50:49 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #715 on: February 27, 2020, 06:59:29 pm »

Listening to Rush; he states he has been misquoted, and the media is "weaponizing" the Corona-virus

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #716 on: February 27, 2020, 07:10:50 pm »
Trump has a genuine problem in that virtually everyone at the CDC is against him, i.e. uber liberals.  And I do not put it past these folks to drag their feet to make this outbreak worse than what it could be.  Do not underestimate the ability of these liberal healthcare folks to be extremely political.

It is no mystery to me why Trump selected Pence to head up the effort.  The fact is that all these medical folks are uber liberals, and they are not to be trusted. 

Evidence of this fact that the test kits for this virus do not work.  That is convenient, and very handicapping in the event we have a real outbreak in the USA.  The liberals are so desperate they will pull very dastardly actions to knock Trump down.

For all here, trust people in the medical field at your own peril.  Should you end up with the virus, I would suggest that if it is severe, do everything you can to avoid going to a hospital.  Our hospitals are rich in bugs that if you get exposed while your immunity is lowered, you could easily die.  I am talking about bugs that do not respond to antibiotics.

Fact is, the CDC is not tracking fully all the people dying from these bugs at present.  They are only implementing programs now to track them, and they are doing it in only a handful of states.

I listened to a segment of Beck's on the coronavirus -- estimates by his researcher is closer to 350,000 infected, I don't recall the mortality rate.

Also there are two things that KILL this virus; bleach and sunlight.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #717 on: February 27, 2020, 07:15:39 pm »
One more thought, when it pertains to hospitals, studies show that doctors in particular do not wash their hands going from one patient to another.  It was like 20%, and nurses were at 47% or so.  If you or someone you know ends up in a hospital, regardless of reason, demand all people that approach you or someone you know wash their hands before they touch anyone.

Believe it or not, the CDC in Africa with the ebola outbreak had training on why it was important to wash your hands.  The medical folks in Africa were utterly clueless as to why this is important.

If you go to a hospital, visit someone in a hospital, please try and thoroughly wash your hands when you enter your home, wash them after going anywhere outside your house and return home.

WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING IN YOUR HOME

When you are out, carry hand sanitizer and drench your hands -- it needs to be the alcohol type. Let air dry.
When entering your vehicle, before you touch the steering wheel -- use hand sanitizer.
Don't touch your face when you're out.
Once you get home, thoroughly wash your hand with soap and water long enough to sing Happy Birthday.
Sanitize all door handles that you touched to get into your home.
Wash your hands thoroughly again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #718 on: February 27, 2020, 07:43:02 pm »
Turn Off The News (Build A Garden)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #719 on: February 27, 2020, 07:57:43 pm »
Listening to Rush; he states he has been misquoted, and the media is "weaponizing" the Corona-virus

Much like they did with Bush after Katrina.  Bank on it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #720 on: February 27, 2020, 08:08:39 pm »

For all here, trust people in the medical field at your own peril.   Should you end up with the virus, I would suggest that if it is severe, do everything you can to avoid going to a hospital.  Our hospitals are rich in bugs that if you get exposed while your immunity is lowered, you could easily die.  I am talking about bugs that do not respond to antibiotics.

Yes, virtually everyone working at the CDC is working against Trump and all are uber liberals. Every single man and woman working at the CDC.

Glen Beck? FWIW I was out in my car earlier today and caught some of his program. In about 10 minutes of listening I heard so many falsehoods that I started yelling at the car radio. At one point he was saying he didn’t believe that anti-bacterial soap was good but now with this virus, everyone should be using lots and lots of anti-bacterial soap because evidently he doesn’t know the difference between a virus and a bacteria and that was only one example. Beck like Limbaugh are both idiots on this subject but on opposite ends of the spectrum.  But hey, if you want to listen to talk radio jocks instead of people in the medical field be my guest. BTW, Glen was also promoting getting a “home surgery kit” just in case during the Coronavirus global catastrophe, someone in your family need to have their appendix taken out. He wasn’t joking.

“sulphur gas seen via satellite”

https://fullfact.org/health/satellites-wuhan-sulphur-dioxide-coronavirus/

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/26/facebook-posts/china-air-quality-projections-used-promote-coronav/

Offline berdie

« Reply #721 on: February 27, 2020, 08:56:58 pm »
This is one of those times I truly wish I hadn't thought I was so darn smart and went to college instead of the workforce.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a degree in biotech and really get the gist of this...or be able to cure it.

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #722 on: February 27, 2020, 09:33:36 pm »
I almost want to just go get this bug and get it over with. Spend a week or so puking and then get better and have it done.
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #723 on: February 27, 2020, 09:53:32 pm »
https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/james-carstensen/eu-defends-open-border-decision-coronavirus-spreads

EU Defends Open Border Decision as Coronavirus Spreads

Berlin (CNSNews.com) – European ministers are defending a controversial decision to keep internal borders open despite fears of the China-originated coronavirus, which has hit Italy particularly hard, spreading to more countries.

“This is a situation of concern but we must not give in to panic,” E.U. Health Commissioner Stella Kyriakides told reporters in Rome on Wednesday. “We must also be vigilant when it comes to misinformation and disinformation.”

“Viruses know no borders, it is only through global cooperation and coordination that we will be able to contain the spread of COVID-19,” she added on Twitter.

Given the outbreak in Italy, this decision seems unwise.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #724 on: February 27, 2020, 09:56:19 pm »
Israeli scientists: 'In three weeks, we will have coronavirus vaccine'

A team of Israeli scientists are on the cusp of developing the first vaccine against coronavirus, according to Israel’s Minister of Science and Technology, Ofir Akunis. If all goes as planned, the vaccine could be ready within three weeks and available in 90 days.

“Congratulations to MIGAL [The Galilee Research Institute] on this exciting breakthrough. I am confident that there will be further rapid progress, enabling us to provide a needed response to the grave global COVID-19 threat,” Akunis said, referring to the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

More:  https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israeli-scientists-In-three-weeks-we-will-have-coronavirus-vaccine-619101

It sounds like there are several vaccines in the work, two in the US and this one from Israel. And ??? too? If this vaccine from Israel works, that will set up some interesting, ummm, international reaction.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.