Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79284 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #775 on: March 02, 2020, 10:01:10 pm »
Five deaths in King County and one in Snohomish County.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #776 on: March 02, 2020, 10:02:35 pm »

My preference @corbe

For a Mexican beer made in no more than Juarez Mexico or at least that state of Chihuahua, not too bad. They've got their own style down there.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:05:04 pm by TomSea »

Online DB

« Reply #777 on: March 02, 2020, 10:11:34 pm »
True dat.  The masks I've seen in all these pictures from Asia and elsewhere are worthless at warding off viral exposure.  The masks are intended to be worn by people who are coughing, and medical personnel to prevent contaminating the patients.

As I suspected from the start, the virus gets airborne by hitching a ride on expelled spittle, it doesn't just float in the air by itself.  Shield the coughs and sneezes from the inside of the mask, not the outside.

It is also possible that the typical mask works as an atomizer when someone wearing one sneezes through it... Especially after being saturated with previous sneezes... The finer the mist, the longer it stays in the air...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #778 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:26 pm »
It is also possible that the typical mask works as an atomizer when someone wearing one sneezes through it... Especially after being saturated with previous sneezes... The finer the mist, the longer it stays in the air...

I don't mind saying, that would have to be a really disgusting mask, to be that soaked with mucous.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #779 on: March 02, 2020, 10:59:11 pm »
“A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly”  - IMPOTUS today.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #780 on: March 02, 2020, 11:00:59 pm »
“A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly”  - IMPOTUS today.

It's pretty cheeky of him, considering he personally created the novel Corona virus to crush Chinese manufacturing companies, eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #781 on: March 02, 2020, 11:27:23 pm »
Why believe anything China claims?

From what I have seen on Youtube videos, etc., much of China is still under major lockdown.

Can't prove it, but I think this is a man-made monster and it is killing far more Chinese than they are saying.

Everybody understands the dangers of the flu and related complications that kill hundreds of thousands every year. We don't need a wild card thrown in the mix. Especially one that tries to kill you and if that doesn't work it tries to kill you again.

A vaccine won't stop it.

Coronavirus update: recent developments in vaccine research
By Hannah Balfour (Drug Target Review)
27 February 2020

Researchers have identified new compounds with activity against the novel coronavirus called COVID-19 and other coronaviruses eg, severe acute respiratory syndrome virus (SARS-CoV) and Middle-East respiratory disease virus (MERS-CoV).

Scientists working towards a broad-spectrum antiviral able to combat all the coronaviruses identified a target – a ‘main protease’ that is essential for viral replication.
According to the team, enteroviruses, such as those causing foot and mouth disease and the common cold, also have a similar protein called the 3C protease for viral replication, so can also be treated through this target.

~snip~

“Our previous experience working with other coronaviruses, including both MERS and SARS, allowed us to mobilize quickly against COVID-19 and successfully complete the critical preliminary steps to engineer viable vaccine candidates,” said Stanley Erck, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novavax. “Now that the protein has been expressed stably in our baculovirus system, we aim to identify the optimal candidate and scale up production of sufficient vaccine for preliminary clinical trials. We are now well-positioned to advance the COVID-19 vaccine candidate to Phase I clinical testing in May or June.

So they are attacking on two fronts. Antiviral drugs that cure you. Vaccines that help you from needing to be cured.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #782 on: March 02, 2020, 11:40:42 pm »
from Fred's post above:
"We are now well-positioned to advance the COVID-19 vaccine candidate to Phase I clinical testing in May or June."

Sumthin' tells me that if this epidemic keeps on growin' and growin', they're going to have to accelerate "the trial phase" of the vaccine (or antiviral drugs), and get them into the general population early (provided the initial testing looks to yield results that are safe)...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #783 on: March 02, 2020, 11:46:38 pm »
CDC drops coronavirus testing numbers from their website

Nothing To See Here

The change comes as testing is expected to expand across the country
By Mary Beth Griggs Mar 2, 2020, 3:06pm ES

A tally of the number of people tested for the novel coronavirus disappeared from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website on Monday. The change was first reported by journalist Judd Legum on Twitter. The disappearance of the numbers comes less than a week after the first cases of the virus with unknown origins were reported in the US. In the past few days, six deaths due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, have been confirmed in Washington state.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #784 on: March 02, 2020, 11:49:30 pm »
Texas police say local meth is contaminated with coronavirus, offer to test it

‘If you have meth with you, please get it tested prior to use’

The offer comes in a public service announcement posted by the Johnson City Police Department to Facebook. (Source: Johnson City, Texas, Police Department)

By Ed Payne | February 27, 2020 at 6:43 PM EST - Updated February 28 at 1:22 AM

JOHNSON CITY, Texas (Gray News) – Police in central Texas say they have reason to believe methamphetamine in Blanco County may be contaminated with the coronavirus and should be checked.

The offer comes in a public service announcement posted by the Johnson City Police Department to Facebook.

“If you have meth with you, please get it tested prior to use,” the post says, offering addresses where people can take their drugs for testing.

<..snip..>

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/02/27/texas-police-say-local-meth-is-contaminated-with-coronavirus-offer-test-it/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #785 on: March 02, 2020, 11:57:38 pm »

Online DB

« Reply #786 on: March 02, 2020, 11:59:40 pm »
From what I have seen on Youtube videos, etc., much of China is still under major lockdown.

Can't prove it, but I think this is a man-made monster and it is killing far more Chinese than they are saying.

Everybody understands the dangers of the flu and related complications that kill hundreds of thousands every year. We don't need a wild card thrown in the mix. Especially one that tries to kill you and if that doesn't work it tries to kill you again.

A vaccine won't stop it.

Coronavirus update: recent developments in vaccine research
By Hannah Balfour (Drug Target Review)
27 February 2020

Researchers have identified new compounds with activity against the novel coronavirus called COVID-19 and other coronaviruses eg, severe acute respiratory syndrome virus (SARS-CoV) and Middle-East respiratory disease virus (MERS-CoV).

Scientists working towards a broad-spectrum antiviral able to combat all the coronaviruses identified a target – a ‘main protease’ that is essential for viral replication.
According to the team, enteroviruses, such as those causing foot and mouth disease and the common cold, also have a similar protein called the 3C protease for viral replication, so can also be treated through this target.

~snip~

“Our previous experience working with other coronaviruses, including both MERS and SARS, allowed us to mobilize quickly against COVID-19 and successfully complete the critical preliminary steps to engineer viable vaccine candidates,” said Stanley Erck, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novavax. “Now that the protein has been expressed stably in our baculovirus system, we aim to identify the optimal candidate and scale up production of sufficient vaccine for preliminary clinical trials. We are now well-positioned to advance the COVID-19 vaccine candidate to Phase I clinical testing in May or June.

So they are attacking on two fronts. Antiviral drugs that cure you. Vaccines that help you from needing to be cured.

Thank you for the info.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #787 on: March 03, 2020, 12:47:19 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #788 on: March 03, 2020, 12:56:52 am »
from Fred's post above:
"We are now well-positioned to advance the COVID-19 vaccine candidate to Phase I clinical testing in May or June."

Sumthin' tells me that if this epidemic keeps on growin' and growin', they're going to have to accelerate "the trial phase" of the vaccine (or antiviral drugs), and get them into the general population early (provided the initial testing looks to yield results that are safe)...

There are still less than 100 cases in the U.S.  One of the biggest concerns is that there are 2 cases now where patients have not been in countries where the virus is more prevalent.  Secondly, it is still unknown if the virus will be affected when temperatures rise as is the case for the flu virus.  What if it mutates?

So many unknowns ... the thought of people lining up in masses to get this vaccine once available, I find frightening.  How many people get the flu shot and still get the flu?  How many people may get this vaccine and then become ill and would have been just fine without it?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #789 on: March 03, 2020, 04:40:31 am »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #790 on: March 03, 2020, 05:05:19 am »
Excerpts, this first story involving the police is curious, see full article for details.

5 Dallas Officers Potentially Exposed to Coronavirus While Arresting Suspect

But jail staff notified the police department about a potential exposure to the COVID-19 virus after the man displayed symptoms of the virus and was taken via a private ambulance to Parkland Hospital, the report said.

Elsewhere in Texas, the mayor of San Antonio declared a public health emergency to prevent more than 100 people who are being held in quarantine from leaving and entering the city. It came after a coronavirus patient who was held in isolation tested negative for the virus twice before the person was let out into the community for about 12 hours, only to test positive for the virus.

More at: https://www.theepochtimes.com/five-dallas-officers-potentially-exposed-to-coronavirus-while-arresting-suspect_3258034.html

I heard something about San Antonio earlier, the patient tested negative 2 times, was let out in the community for about 12 hour, "only to test positive for the virus."

Just heard too, NTD News is "New Tang Dynasty", it's like Epoch Times, founded by the Falun Gong apparently.

Here is another real "scare" story" , are we to believe this? Well, Reagan alumni, who I have mentioned before and John Hopkins professor, Steve Hanke

tweeted this... So?? WTH? Credible or not?? That's some weird stuff, I've thought better on posting it but I guess, I will go ahead, totally unverified.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

NTD News, New Tang Dynasty's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NTDTV/videos

https://www.theepochtimes.com/250-people-being-monitored-for-coronavirus-in-arizona-officials-say_3257827.html
250 People Being Monitored for Coronavirus in Arizona, Officials Say

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:08:19 am by TomSea »

Online libertybele

« Reply #791 on: March 03, 2020, 05:11:58 am »
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-us-cases-health-risk-2020-1
The US has reported 6 coronavirus deaths among more than 100 cases. Here's what we know about the US patients.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

There is much more unknown about this virus then known and that is the scary part.

Speculation keeps cropping up that this is a lab made monster virus ... even that still hasn't been completely debunked and certainly the WHO nor the CDC will ever admit it, if it is.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #792 on: March 03, 2020, 05:22:31 am »
The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over coronavirus
PUBLISHED MON, FEB 3 2020 11:20 AM EST
UPDATED TUE, FEB 4 2020 8:20 PM EST
Jessica Bursztynsky
@JBURSZ
KEY POINTS
The flu remains a higher threat to U.S. public health than the new coronavirus.
This flu season alone has sickened at least 19 million across the U.S. and led to 10,000 deaths and 180,000 hospitalizations.
Roughly a dozen cases of the deadly coronavirus have been identified in the U.S., though the number has mushroomed across its outbreak zone in China.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-world-frets-over-coronavirus.html?__twitter_impression=true

Larry Elder
@larryelder
The flu has already killed 10,000 across US as world frets over #coronavirus.
b
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 05:23:57 am by TomSea »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #793 on: March 03, 2020, 12:06:21 pm »
Covid-19: Day 64: Mar 3d: Ex-Ethics Chief, White House, "punish anyone who leaks information": Stop buying masks, US Surgeon: FEMA preparing for virus emergency: Confirmed cases above 90,000: German football club ejects Japanese fans from stadium: Spike! 75 countries affected

The Big Wobble 3/3/2020

A big spike in affected countries around the world yesterday bringing the total to 75. Total confirmed cases now at 90.927, 6,806 of these people are in a critical condition. The death toll is 3,123 at a rate of 3.43%. https://wuhanviruslive.com/

Another whistleblower is missing in China! ‘They’re chasing me’: the journalist who wouldn’t stay quiet on Covid-19 Li Zehua is missing, presumed detained. He’s one of many for whom the coronavirus crisis has led to a political awakening and a demand for free speech. Guardian

China confirmed a new record low in confirmed cases since the early days of the outbreak at 125. This officially brings the total up to 80,151- the smallest increase since the outbreak began. WIKIPEDIA

More: http://www.thebigwobble.org/2020/03/covid-19-day-64-mar-3d-white-house-leak.html

Animated map of confirmed COVID-19 cases spreading from 2020-01-12.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:COVID-19-outbreak-timeline.gif#/media/File:COVID-19-outbreak-timeline.gif

Offline TomSea

« Reply #794 on: March 03, 2020, 12:21:21 pm »
'Don't shake hands... bump elbows!'

Virologist Dr Lindsay Broadbent has given handshakes the thumbs down - telling the BBC that there are alternative ways of greeting one another to minimise the risk of passing on the virus.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-51716375

Online libertybele

« Reply #795 on: March 03, 2020, 12:59:38 pm »
A big spike in affected countries around the world yesterday bringing the total to 75. Total confirmed cases now at 90,927, 6,806 of these people are in a critical condition. The death toll is 3,123 at a rate of 3.43%. https://wuhanviruslive.com/

@Elderberry those are the stats that needs to slap everyone in the face.  The death toll is climbing. 75 countries are now infected. 

We know that the virus spread very easily like the flu. The stats on the 2019-2020 flu virus:

32,000,000 - 45,000,000 have been infected - 18,000 to 46,000 people have died  or roughly .01% of those infected.
In comparison, almost 3.5% of those infected dying from the coronavirus compared to .01% of those infected dying from the flu virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #796 on: March 03, 2020, 12:59:50 pm »
There is a lot of data around concerning the flu. 10,000 dead in the U.S this flu season. So far.

Corona is new and unknown. It seems to be more easily transmitted than the fu. Will it be seasonal?
Overall, per the CDC, the death rate of those who have been infected with the flu this flu season is 0.05%. According to the research conducted by the Chinese CDC, the case-fatality rate of novel coronavirus in China is 2.3%.

Online libertybele

« Reply #797 on: March 03, 2020, 01:11:19 pm »
There is a lot of data around concerning the flu. 10,000 dead in the U.S this flu season. So far.

Corona is new and unknown. It seems to be more easily transmitted than the fu. Will it be seasonal?

If it isn't we will soon see a global pandemic. So far over 3% of those infected die.  Does the incubation period extend beyond 14 days?  Does this virus act similar to Hepatis C virus in that a person can contract the virus and it lay dormant for years?  How long can the virus survive on surfaces?

The big question still remains, is this virus indeed a lab made 'monster' virus that can mutate and or resurface in those who have already been infected?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #798 on: March 03, 2020, 01:55:46 pm »
If it isn't we will soon see a global pandemic. So far over 3% of those infected die.  Does the incubation period extend beyond 14 days?  Does this virus act similar to Hepatis C virus in that a person can contract the virus and it lay dormant for years?  How long can the virus survive on surfaces?

The big question still remains, is this virus indeed a lab made 'monster' virus that can mutate and or resurface in those who have already been infected?

Under the defintion of pandemic this is a pandemic. I read that it can survive on surfaces for up to nine days. Now that it is here it will always be around. Whether it becomes a recurring seasonal bug, who nows? If it isn't mutating how is it it can reinfect a person?

If it isn't such a big deal how much of China is still under quarantine?

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-