Author Topic: Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020  (Read 1891 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020
October 29, 2019 | Frieda Powers

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions is reportedly mulling over a return to politics and may be seeking to regain his old Senate seat in Alabama.

The former Republican lawmaker may be seriously considering regaining the seat won by Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in a special election in 2017, Republican sources with knowledge of the situation said, according to Associated Press.

Sessions has reportedly made some phone calls about the possible bid for his old seat, according to the anonymous sources. If he does, in fact, decide to run, he has until 5 p.m. Nov. 8 to make it official and come in by the deadline set by the Alabama Republican Party.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/29/harsh-reactions-as-jeff-sessions-considers-seeking-old-senate-seat-in-2020-845491
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

IMHO Jeffie Sessions was bought and paid for by the left while he was the AG.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

IMHO Jeffie Sessions was bought and paid for by the left while he was the AG.

I don't think so. I think his recusal was legit, and I admire him for it.
That being said, I am not a fan. While he is generally a reliable Conservative, his views on asset forfeiture and wire tapping make me cringe.

Jeff Sessions On The Issues

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If the good people of Alabama want to put Jeff Sessions back in the U. S. Senate they surely have the right to put him there.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

If the good people of Alabama want to put Jeff Sessions back in the U. S. Senate they surely have the right to put him there.

I would much prefer Judge Roy Moore, Alabama... But you do as you see fit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would much prefer Judge Roy Moore, Alabama... But you do as you see fit.

I don't live in Alabama and have no say in the matter one way or the other.  I very much like Judge Moore as well but it's for the people of Alabama to decide. Not us and certainly not the swamp critters in Washington!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why? Really. Why would he do this? Unless he has some agenda to accomplish.
He has more than enough money and retirement for life. There is no legitimate reason for him to go back to work at 73 years. Especially since we know he is only going to coast and sleep through his term like he did as AG.

It makes you wonder. What is he doing? What does he have in mind? Jeez man! Live life! Spend time with the family. Travel the world. What the hell is he thinking!? Unless he has some ulterior reason for doing this.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

Jeff Sessions doesn’t need to run for Senate
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 04:16:06 pm »
Jeff Sessions doesn’t need to run for Senate

Published 9 hours ago on October 29, 2019   

By CQ Livingston
ï‚™   

It’s time to retire from public life, Jeff Sessions. You’ve done your duty. You’ve done many good things. And while you didn’t accomplish what you set out to accomplish as Attorney General, your previous service to the country and to Alabama were excellent. It’s time to move along, whether that means retirement or something in the private sector. Alabama is going to elect a conservative to your old seat. In fact, you running would only muddy the waters and increase the chances that Democrat Doug Jones will retain his seat.

I’m writing all of this in response to reports that the former Attorney General is considering running for his old Senate seat. My colleague wrote an article about it two weeks ago, but until now I didn’t think it was likely the 72-year-old Sessions really wanted to dive back in. Reports from multiple sources indicate he’s testing the waters, which is a very bad sign. We have five strong conservative candidates already in the mix. They have plenty of battling to do with each other. Having Sessions enter now isn’t going to improve the situation.

Now, it’s time to be honest. I’ve had a grudge against Sessions ever since he came out as full-blown civil asset forfeiture confiscation supporter. He loves the idea of taking property from people without due process and for essentially whatever reason the government sees fit. None of his potential opponents, should he choose to run, feel the same way. It may not be a huge issue to most, but it differentiates Sessions from other conservatives in a very bad way. Why would Alabama or America want a conservative with such an authoritarian view against property rights when we have plenty of candidates to choose from who won’t steal what doesn’t belong to them?

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2019/10/29/jeff-sessions-doesnt-need-run-senate/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Why? Really. Why would he do this? Unless he has some agenda to accomplish.
He has more than enough money and retirement for life. There is no legitimate reason for him to go back to work at 73 years. Especially since we know he is only going to coast and sleep through his term like he did as AG.

It makes you wonder. What is he doing? What does he have in mind? Jeez man! Live life! Spend time with the family. Travel the world. What the hell is he thinking!? Unless he has some ulterior reason for doing this.

Agreed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I don't live in Alabama and have no say in the matter one way or the other.  I very much like Judge Moore as well but it's for the people of Alabama to decide. Not us and certainly not the swamp critters in Washington!

That's right.

Offline roamer_1

Re: Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 04:23:52 pm »
Especially since we know he is only going to coast and sleep through his term like he did as AG.

I don't think that's right. I would encourage you to look at what he did do as AG, and not rely exclusively on Tumpian angst because of his recusal. I do not agree with all of it, but he was definitely not coasting or asleep.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 04:27:05 pm »
I don't think that's right. I would encourage you to look at what he did do as AG, and not rely exclusively on Tumpian angst because of his recusal. I do not agree with all of it, but he was definitely not coasting or asleep.

What exactly did he do as the AG?  He should have fired Rosenstein; no instead he goes before Congress and basically states that Rosenstein is eseentially investigating himself -- if that didn't throw up a red flag I don't know what did.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 04:32:12 pm »
What exactly did he do as the AG?  He should have fired Rosenstein; no instead he goes before Congress and basically states that Rosenstein is eseentially investigating himself -- if that didn't throw up a red flag I don't know what did.

Do your own homework. It ain't hard to find.
He cannot fire Rosenstein if he is recused. He cannot influence anything having to do with the Tump campaign investigation. Part and parcel with recusal.

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 04:58:56 pm »
I don't think so. I think his recusal was legit, and I admire him for it.
That being said, I am not a fan. While he is generally a reliable Conservative, his views on asset forfeiture and wire tapping make me cringe.

Jeff Sessions On The Issues

There it is in a nutshell. That's a show stopper right there.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 05:01:23 pm »
There it is in a nutshell. That's a show stopper right there.

@DB
That's right. And I would keep my mouth shut if that very real issue were the focus...
But it is not. The focus is upon fealty to Tumpy the Clown.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 05:05:57 pm »
Do your own homework. It ain't hard to find.
He cannot fire Rosenstein if he is recused. He cannot influence anything having to do with the Tump campaign investigation. Part and parcel with recusal.

Problem was "the Trump campaign" should have been easily definable - realistically, Mueller's investigation went waaaay beyond it.

There was nothing preventing Sessions from involving himself in those other portions. Instead he sat there like a wart while the rats used every questionable means possible to hogtie the administration.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 05:11:20 pm »
Problem was "the Trump campaign" should have been easily definable - realistically, Mueller's investigation went waaaay beyond it.

There was nothing preventing Sessions from involving himself in those other portions. Instead he sat there like a wart while the rats used every questionable means possible to hogtie the administration.

That simply is not true. Sessions was an unrepentant Tump fanboi from day one, in the campaignup to his neck. ANY investigation by him against Tump would not be considered legit - Would not be the impartial position that the law requires.

Turn it the other way around: If Obummer's AG were investigating Obummer, you'd rightly be crying bullsh*t, and you know it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 05:21:16 pm »
@DB
The focus is upon fealty to Tumpy the Clown.
Sessions performance has nothing to do with 'fealty' or fidelity. It has to do with a person doing their f**king job, no matter who the President is. Sessions hid under his desk for two years. Even those examples you beg us to research, were not done by Sessions. They were done by noname staffers which Sessions gave full control while he was hiding out in the Bahamas. I would bet that Sessions doesn't know a damn thing about what went on while he was AG. And he didn't want to know.

"Yes! Yes, of course! You can act in my name. Just make sure you keep me out of it. Call me in Nassau if you need anything."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:29:32 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 05:27:52 pm »
Sessions performance has nothing to do with 'fealty' or fidelity. It has to do with a person doing their f**king job, no matter who the President is. Sessions hid under his desk for two years.

Simply not true.

Even those examples you beg us to research, were not done by Sessions. They were done by noname staffers which Sessions gave full control while he was hiding out in the Bahamas. I would bet that Sessions doesn't know a damn thing about what went on while he was AG. And he didn't want to know.

That accusation can be made of ANY director. Management is always delegation. The rest of that statement is spin.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 05:34:38 pm »
That simply is not true. Sessions was an unrepentant Tump fanboi from day one, in the campaignup to his neck. ANY investigation by him against Tump would not be considered legit - Would not be the impartial position that the law requires.

Turn it the other way around: If Obummer's AG were investigating Obummer, you'd rightly be crying bullsh*t, and you know it.

I didn't expect Sessions to investigate Trump. I expected him to attempt to maintain integrity of the process. To do what Barr is now tryin to do retroactively.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 05:44:08 pm »
I didn't expect Sessions to investigate Trump. I expected him to attempt to maintain integrity of the process. To do what Barr is now tryin to do retroactively.

Barr will fail at that, and fail while looking like an attack dog for Tumpy. Watch and see.
Either way, Barr was not IN the campaign up to his lips, like Sessions was. Therein lies the rub.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 05:51:08 pm »
Merged topics

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 06:01:24 pm »
I'm with @Bigun:  It's up to Alabamans, not me.  I have big problems with Sessions about civil asset forfeiture and wire tapping, too @roamer_1.

@Sighlass
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 06:40:29 pm »
I stand with the mindset like what  Lynyrd Skynyrd told Neil Young when it comes to meddling with the south and alabama,

"I hope Neil Young will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:41:15 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2019, 06:50:25 pm »
Barr will fail at that, and fail while looking like an attack dog for Tumpy. Watch and see.
Either way, Barr was not IN the campaign up to his lips, like Sessions was. Therein lies the rub.

Good heavens you sound like Once-ler.