Author Topic: Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020  (Read 1892 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2019, 10:06:08 pm »
You need to brush up on your vintage Charlie Daniels.

Not a chance. I know every CDB song by heart.
I got the reference.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 10:06:44 pm »
And it ain't vintage by the way. That stuff plays over here all the time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 10:07:44 pm »
He is not uneasy! :cool:

What do you know, ol Green Teeth?

happy77

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2019, 10:12:23 pm »
Not a chance. I know every CDB song by heart.
I got the reference.

Well you sure did fool us.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2019, 10:14:13 pm »
Well you sure did fool us.

Well that ain't hard to do, jussayin.  :cool:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2019, 10:19:27 pm »
Well that ain't hard to do, jussayin.  :cool:

See y'all at the Dew Drop Inn!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2019, 10:34:17 pm »
See y'all at the Dew Drop Inn!

Seriously! Honest to God, the Dew Drop is over in Coram. I spent many a night in that fine establishment... Then I went to 4 Corners... Till they tore it down... Then it was the Blue Moon... Unless I was feeling rowdy, which was the Packer's Roost on up the canyon, which has been there the whole dang time... The deputies expect my kind of shenanigans up there in the canyon. But I digress...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2019, 10:45:52 pm »
He is not uneasy! :cool:

Not much of a rider, either, for quite some time now.  We pray it gets better, though.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2019, 10:48:19 pm »
Seriously! Honest to God, the Dew Drop is over in Coram. I spent many a night in that fine establishment... Then I went to 4 Corners... Till they tore it down... Then it was the Blue Moon... Unless I was feeling rowdy, which was the Packer's Roost on up the canyon, which has been there the whole dang time... The deputies expect my kind of shenanigans up there in the canyon. But I digress...

LOL.  When I was a young pup my grand dad took me to his place where he wet his whistle.  It was called....you guessed it....the Dew Drop

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2019, 11:02:25 pm »
LOL.  When I was a young pup my grand dad took me to his place where he wet his whistle.  It was called....you guessed it....the Dew Drop

And then there was the Dixie Inn... It is gone too now.
You might guess I have a fond appreciation for a good honkytonk. Somehow, they are always named the same...  :shrug: If there's a Dixie Inn or a Dew Drop Inn, I know exactly what I will get inside, no matter where I am

:beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2019, 12:39:12 am »
I'd like to see Roy Moore come back and win this time, just for the heck of it.
And I think he WOULD win, although not by a large victory.

He would make the most "conservative" senator you'd get for a long time. And a good supporter of Mr. Trump's policies, even if Mr. Trump doesn't recognize that.

Having said that...
... are there no young lions left down there in Alabama?
Who can defend and fight "on the right" ...?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2019, 04:34:07 pm »
'The president is very angry with Jeff': Potential GOP rival cautions Sessions against Senate bid
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-president-is-very-angry-with-jeff-potential-gop-rival-cautions-sessions-against-senate-bid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2019, 05:34:04 pm »
Well, the president should just let go of his anger.  Sessions left the AG post what seems like ages ago.  Trump has his lackey in that spot now, Barr.  When is he going to give it a rest?

I agree with those who say it should be up to Jeff Sessions if he wants to run and it should be up to the voters in Alabama if they want him back as senator.  Everyone else, including Trump and all of us, should stay out of it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2019, 05:51:34 pm »
While we Americans and the conservative-bent state of Alabama need a conservative representation in this seat, this is the "Lautenberg" method and should be discarded.

We do not need career politicians in the Congress.  It was one reason why Trump was elected. 

Need some younger, fresh blood Alabama.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:56 pm »
Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020
October 29, 2019 | Frieda Powers

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions is reportedly mulling over a return to politics and may be seeking to regain his old Senate seat in Alabama.

The former Republican lawmaker may be seriously considering regaining the seat won by Democratic Sen. Doug Jones in a special election in 2017, Republican sources with knowledge of the situation said, according to Associated Press.

Sessions has reportedly made some phone calls about the possible bid for his old seat, according to the anonymous sources. If he does, in fact, decide to run, he has until 5 p.m. Nov. 8 to make it official and come in by the deadline set by the Alabama Republican Party.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/29/harsh-reactions-as-jeff-sessions-considers-seeking-old-senate-seat-in-2020-845491

They just don't want to retire!   RBG?

After Sessions BEGGED president TRUMP for the job of DOJ,  he recused himself from the job. Almost 3 years, we had no DOJ!  He needs to be a democrat. RINO.   His new quest is not about being 'noble'.  He wants to undermine president TRUMP, for firing him, by getting his old power back.  Revenge.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »
Why? Really. Why would he do this? Unless he has some agenda to accomplish.
He has more than enough money and retirement for life. There is no legitimate reason for him to go back to work at 73 years. Especially since we know he is only going to coast and sleep through his term like he did as AG.

It makes you wonder. What is he doing? What does he have in mind? Jeez man! Live life! Spend time with the family. Travel the world. What the hell is he thinking!? Unless he has some ulterior reason for doing this.

Yes, I believe he has an agenda.  Almost 3 years of DOING NOTHING, for our country, and recusing himself from the job of DOJ.  President TRUMP finally fired him, after Lindsey Graham told President, 'He would have hell to pay, if he fired SESSIONS".  Now, Sessions want to undermine presidents agenda.  PROSPERITY.  SESSIONS IS A RINO.  SWAMP.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2019, 08:39:00 pm »
October 25 at 9:14 AM

“It doesn’t matter who is in, I’m in it because I want to give the people a voice. They didn’t have a voice last Senate election. It was stolen from them. I like Jeff Sessions, I know him. It’s up to him. It wouldn’t affect one way or another what I do.” (Judge Roy Moore)
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2019, 09:51:55 pm »
Well, the president should just let go of his anger.  Sessions left the AG post what seems like ages ago.  Trump has his lackey in that spot now, Barr. When is he going to give it a rest?

I agree with those who say it should be up to Jeff Sessions if he wants to run and it should be up to the voters in Alabama if they want him back as senator.  Everyone else, including Trump and all of us, should stay out of it.
Barr is a lackey?

Barr is a lot of things, but a lackey is definitely not one of them.  Where did you ever get the idea that Barr is some ideological go-along type of guy who only obeys commands?

And BTW, read the Constitution of the United States.

It authorizes in a single individual ALL power of the Executive.  Means Barr MUST be beholden to who he reports to.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2019, 10:06:42 pm »
Problem was "the Trump campaign" should have been easily definable - realistically, Mueller's investigation went waaaay beyond it.

There was nothing preventing Sessions from involving himself in those other portions. Instead he sat there like a wart while the rats used every questionable means possible to hogtie the administration.

Bingo!    :yowsa:

Online corbe

« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2019, 11:07:02 pm »
    I've missed you, @LegalAmerican but if I started a poll about the Briefer that I miss the most @Emjay would be at the top of my list.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2019, 11:45:39 pm »
Good heavens you sound like Once-ler.
I thought is was against house rules to slander someone on this forum.

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2019, 11:54:46 pm »
Problem was "the Trump campaign" should have been easily definable - realistically, Mueller's investigation went waaaay beyond it.

There was nothing preventing Sessions from involving himself in those other portions. Instead he sat there like a wart while the rats used every questionable means possible to hogtie the administration.
Yep.  He was, like we say about a lot of leftists, a useful idiot as a cheerleader.  He was a placeholder rather than fulfilling the duties of the position of AG.

In my mind, Sessions disqualified himself from any position of merit with his support of Eric Holder's nomination to be AG.  His statement on that speaks volumes of being out-to-lunch.

But other Republicans said they would vote for Mr. Holder despite his acknowledged mistakes. Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”  https://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html

Offline Applewood

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2019, 12:12:29 am »
Barr is a lackey?

Barr is a lot of things, but a lackey is definitely not one of them.  Where did you ever get the idea that Barr is some ideological go-along type of guy who only obeys commands?

And BTW, read the Constitution of the United States.

It authorizes in a single individual ALL power of the Executive.  Means Barr MUST be beholden to who he reports to.

As I understand it, the AG swears an oath like this:

I, __________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Seems to me the Attorney General is obliged to support and defend the Constitution.  The oath does not say he is to be loyal to the president no matter what.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2019, 12:16:54 am »
As I understand it, the AG swears an oath like this:

Seems to me the Attorney General is obliged to support and defend the Constitution.  The oath does not say he is to be loyal to the president no matter what.

What if supporting the Constitution leads to the same action as supporting the President?  Is that being a "Lackey?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: