Author Topic: Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020  (Read 1905 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Harsh reactions as Jeff Sessions considers seeking old Senate seat in 2020
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2019, 12:45:23 am »
As I understand it, the AG swears an oath like this:

Seems to me the Attorney General is obliged to support and defend the Constitution.  The oath does not say he is to be loyal to the president no matter what.
That is correct.  He must defend the Constitution.

What we are talking about is the usage of the word 'lackey' which is a servant.

Barr is no servant.  But the one who calls the shots as per the Constitution is the President.  Barr must obey the President as long as it does not violate his oath of office.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2019, 01:23:01 am »
    IMHO, Jeff Sessions was once considered the most prominent Conservative in the US Senate.  He was the first Senator to endorse Trump and paid a heavy price.  He was right to recuse himself from the Russian $hit, he was a member of the Armed Services Committee and meeting with them all the time and knew about the Trump Tower meeting CF.
   It's up to the voters of Alabama and I trust them to make the right decision, especially if Trump/Mitche's RNCC stay out ot it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2019, 01:29:12 am »
    IMHO, Jeff Sessions was once considered the most prominent Conservative in the US Senate.  He was the first Senator to endorse Trump and paid a heavy price.  He was right to recuse himself from the Russian $hit, he was a member of the Armed Services Committee and meeting with them all the time and knew about the Trump Tower meeting CF.

That's right.

It's up to the voters of Alabama and I trust them to make the right decision, especially if Trump/Mitche's RNCC stay out ot it.

That's right too, but it ain't gonna happen. I can hear the axe grinding even now.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2019, 01:37:59 am »
That's right.

That's right too, but it ain't gonna happen. I can hear the axe grinding even now.
@roamer_1
As long as the axe is being ground and not being slung....
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2019, 01:51:51 am »
@roamer_1
As long as the axe is being ground and not being slung....

LOL! Well... ceding to your authority on the matter... but in my experience, the one happens before the other.