Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10780 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2019, 05:53:09 pm »
So there it is, then.   If Trump adopts the position of the gun extremists, he loses the election.  If he rejects the position of the gun extremists, he loses the election. 

Start stockpiling supplies for that bunker, sir.
It isn't just the top of the ticket. Any congresscritter who votes for gun control better line up that lobbying job.
(You are the extremists calling for infringing a enumerated Right that Constitutionally proscribes infringement) What other Civil Rights do you want to mess with?

At least in this neck of the woods, the firearm owners voted for Trump, not Hillary. All of those 80,000,000 votes would have cinched the last go-round. Voting for the RKBA should cinch 2020. Voting against the RKBA (essentially, the Constitution) will cinch it, too, but not in his favor.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:57:57 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »
It isn't just the top of the ticket. Any congresscritter who votes for gun control better line up that lobbying job.

As I politely explained to my Senator yesterday.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2019, 06:05:44 pm »
As I politely explained to my Senator yesterday.

Go ahead, destroy conservatism for a generation, in service to your selfishness and willful disregard of the community's legitimate concerns over mass shootings. 

But engaging on the issue,  conservatives can help shape the details of laws to make sure they are efficacious and respectful of the rights of law abiding gun owners.   But if bullying is all the extremists have got,  then I'll cheer when the Courts take their rights away.     

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2019, 06:09:13 pm »
Go ahead, destroy conservatism for a generation, in service to your selfishness and willful disregard of the community's legitimate concerns over mass shootings. 

But engaging on the issue,  conservatives can help shape the details of laws to make sure they are efficacious and respectful of the rights of law abiding gun owners.   But if bullying is all the extremists have got,  then I'll cheer when the Courts take their rights away.     

So, it sticks in your craw that I had an opportunity to speak with my Senator and exercised my 1st Amendment right.  Well, why not throw another Amendment under the bus?

I've seen your version of "conservatism," and I'll take a pass on it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2019, 06:09:19 pm »

By being complicit in the destruction of a Constitutional Right, conservatism will have become another meaningless label.
I refuse to give up one jot or tittle of my Rights so some jackass politician can wave a label around in another fit of electoral false advertising.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2019, 06:10:51 pm »
By being complicit in the destruction of a Constitutional Right, conservatism will have become another meaningless label.
I refuse to give up one jot or tittle of my Rights so some jackass politician can wave a label around in another fit of electoral false advertising.

Then suffer the consequences.   The problem is, your extremism causes harm to far more than yourself.   It is high time for the rest of us to stand up to bullying.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »
So, it sticks in your craw that I had an opportunity to speak with my Senator and exercised my 1st Amendment right.  Well, why not throw another Amendment under the bus?

I've seen your version of "conservatism," and I'll take a pass on it.

You didn't "speak to your Senator", you threatened him.   What would stick in my craw is if he capitulates to such bullying.   Responsible gun owners want the same thing most of the rest of us want -  the right to protect ourselves in the context of a system of laws that protects innocents from mass murder.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2019, 06:15:55 pm »
Then suffer the consequences.   The problem is, your extremism causes harm to far more than yourself.   It is high time for the rest of us to stand up to bullying.

We...aren't the extremists.  And the bullys are the ones like you trying to force normal people to give up a Constitutional right.

You don't get to corrupt the language like that to make the people standing up for what's right look like the bad guys.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #183 on: August 08, 2019, 06:16:16 pm »

Did you notice that my mere mention of the subject to my Senator meant I "bullied" a former A-10 pilot?  Well...she is about a head shorter than I....

I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2019, 06:17:35 pm »
You didn't "speak to your Senator", you threatened him.   What would stick in my craw is if he capitulates to such bullying.   Responsible gun owners want the same thing most of the rest of us want -  the right to protect ourselves in the context of a system of laws that protects innocents from mass murder.   

Ummm...

That's the Senator @Cyber Liberty was talking to.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #185 on: August 08, 2019, 06:17:52 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****

"Her."  It's a sad day when we cannot discuss policy with our elected representatives for fear of being accused of "bullying."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #186 on: August 08, 2019, 06:17:54 pm »
BULLYING? Us?

HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE US OF BULLYING YOU?

What do you call your incessant nonsensical characterization of those who only want to MAINTAIN our Constitutional Rights as "extremists"?

What do you call threats of State sponsored force against those who exercise our civil rights?

You are the extremist, here, calling for Americans to discard their birthright, willfully pissing on the graves of the milllions who have died to secure those Rights.

But go ahead, and resume your threats and insults, it's all you got.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2019, 06:18:04 pm »
Did you notice that my mere mention of the subject to my Senator meant I "bullied" a former A-10 pilot?  Well...she is about a head shorter than I....

No one bullies an A-10 pilot

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2019, 06:20:36 pm »

WTH do you care about "conservatism?"  I have yet to see a post of yours arguing a conservative position on any issue with a degree of controversy swirling around it.

The "community" is free to have as many legitimate concerns as they wish, on a whole host of issues.

However, the "community" is not authorized to interfere with natural rights.

You understand that, yes?  The rights that are endowed upon mankind by its Creator....  or put another way for those not all that keen on the concept of a "Creator," the rights that are endowed upon mankind by the nature of his humanity....

Yes, those rights....  you and the "community" have no say about them.  Not one iota.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2019, 06:22:23 pm »
the right to protect ourselves in the context of a system of laws that protects innocents from mass murder

Lets be perfectly clear here.  There is nothing in anything you wish would happen concerning the 2nd Amendment or what any of these fascist Democrat's running for President have proposed ...that would stop mass murders from occurring.

NOTHING!

There's not a background check...insurance or registration scheme..."assault weapons" ban...you name it that would have stopped any of the mass shootings committed in the last 50 years.

You continue spitting into the wind with your desire to deny people Constitutional rights.  But make no mistake if you were to ever (God forbid) get your way...those "innocent people" you claim to care so much about...will be in more not less danger of being slaughtered than they are right now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2019, 06:22:44 pm »
No one bullies an A-10 pilot

Nosir.  When I greeted her, I did not say it's an honor to meet a Senator, I told her it's an honor to meet an A-10 pilot, and thanked her for doing it so well.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2019, 06:24:29 pm »
Nosir.  When I greeted her, I did not say it's an honor to meet a Senator, I told her it's an honor to meet an A-10 pilot, and thanked her for doing it so well.

Nice!  888high58888

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2019, 06:26:47 pm »
We...aren't the extremists.  And the bullys are the ones like you trying to force normal people to give up a Constitutional right.

Freedom of speech is the very first amendment to the Constitution yet we put parameters around this right.  No one can yell "fire" in a theater and there are libel and slander laws "dictating" what people cannot say or write.  The Right to Assemble, also a First Amendment right, requires a permit.  And freedom of religion protected in #1 is limited on government property and public schools.

What the hell makes the 2nd amendment so damn sacrosanct that we cannot put parameters around this amendment too?

And please, spare me the "if you don't know, I can't explain it" nonsense

@txradioguy
@Bigun
@Cyber Liberty

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:41:23 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2019, 06:28:44 pm »
WTH do you care about "conservatism?"  I have yet to see a post of yours arguing a conservative position on any issue with a degree of controversy swirling around it.

The "community" is free to have as many legitimate concerns as they wish, on a whole host of issues.

However, the "community" is not authorized to interfere with natural rights.

You understand that, yes?  The rights that are endowed upon mankind by its Creator....  or put another way for those not all that keen on the concept of a "Creator," the rights that are endowed upon mankind by the nature of his humanity....

Yes, those rights....  you and the "community" have no say about them.  Not one iota.

I guess I need to post this again as apparently it was missed the first time around!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2019, 06:30:03 pm »
Nice!  888high58888

It's true.  Senators are nothing to me, but heroes who wear our country's uniform are special to me.  And thank you for that, Sarge.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2019, 06:32:14 pm »
I guess I need to post this again as apparently it was missed the first time around!

"Ignored" != "Missed."
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2019, 06:37:34 pm »
Freedom of speech is the very first amendment to the Constitution yet we put parameters around this right.  No one can yell "fire" in a theater and there are libel and slander laws "dictating" what people cannot say or write.  The Right to Assemble, also a First Amendment right, requires a permit.  And freedom of religion protected in #1 is limited on government property and public schools.

What the hell makes the 2nd amendment so damn sacrosanct that we cannot put parameters around this amendment too?

And please, spare me the "if you don't know, I can't explain it  :bs: "

@txradioguy
@Bigun
@Cyber Liberty

It's very simple.  Without the 2nd Amendment there is no 1st Amendment...there is no Bill of Rights.  It literally protects all the others from being tossed away like an old rag by all of these hard left Progressives running amok in today's society.

The 2nd Amendment prevents tyranny. The 80 million gun owners in this country and their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms is what stands between our nation being a Representative Republic...and the old USSR writ large in the 21st Century by Progressives like Hillary...Sanders and their ilk.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:39:29 pm by txradioguy »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2019, 06:40:11 pm »
It's true.  Senators are nothing to me, but heroes who wear our country's uniform are special to me.  And thank you for that, Sarge.

No thanks needed my friend.  It's an honor to be able to do it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2019, 06:40:37 pm »
It's very simple.  Without the 2nd Amendment there is no 1st Amendment...there is no Bill of Rights.  It literally protects all the others from being tossed away like an old rag by all of these hard left Progressives running amok in today's society.

The 2nd Amendment prevents tyranny.

B I N G O ! ! !

Winner, Winner Chicken dinner!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2019, 06:45:28 pm »
It's very simple.  Without the 2nd Amendment there is no 1st Amendment...there is no Bill of Rights. 

If this was the truth, the Founders would have made the right to bear arms the first amendment to the Constitution.

Please stop making up crap to suit your gun fixation.