Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10699 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2019, 07:14:06 pm »
It's not nonsense.  I'm weary of hearing you speak of God-given natural rights and never once address the natural right to life.

I think you defile the concept of God-given natural rights when you use them to defend and support the weapons that kill --- rather than the innocent lives lost because of them.

@EdJames

You have not made the case that more gun control would save lives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2019, 07:16:41 pm »
Why are you bringing state militias into this conversation?
Oh silly me, that was when we had a Federal Government not a National one. In those days, every state had its own army (Militia). The militias were seen as the counter to the power of the standing Federal Army, in the event the Federal Army was used as an instrument to impose tyranny.
(My state of origin was invaded by two of those State militias, at the behest of the Federal Government, and not defended by it. The result was the first deaths of what came to be known as The Civil War. (The Pratt Street Riots) The Governor of the State failed to call out the State Militia, but had ordered them to place their arms in the armories which remained locked. Not only was the State invaded, but by the end of that conflict, my family had lost well over half of their landholdings, and that just in one State. Never again.)

The bottom line was that the presence of arms in the hand of the people would serve as the bulwark against tyranny, imposed by the Federal Government, should it become ambitious in that regard.

The Right continues thus, despite the shift in the form of governance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2019, 07:20:36 pm »
It's not nonsense.  I'm weary of hearing you speak of God-given natural rights and never once address the natural right to life.

I think you defile the concept of God-given natural rights when you use them to defend and support the weapons that kill --- rather than the innocent lives lost because of them.

@EdJames

I am actually shocked and stunned that you have allowed your emotions to reduce your thought process to such a level of absurdity, @Right_in_Virginia.

But perhaps I should not be....  for all of the blather that we are hearing from everyone about the horror, outrage, pain, and the community's despair, is simply emotionally laden responses that are an affront to reason.

Use that big brain that you have and take a moment to actually THINK about what you are saying....  not about how you FEEL about the topic....

Take the sum total of all of the horrors that have been inflicted on mankind by itself from the beginning of time....  that cumulative basket, while certainly horrific and emotionally draining to even consider, has absolutely no place in a rational discussion of natural rights....  and the duties that we have to protect them.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2019, 07:27:05 pm »

@EdJames

Not sure I understand your implication here. I am pro 2A exactly because I am pro life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2019, 07:36:44 pm »
I am actually shocked and stunned that you have allowed your emotions to reduce your thought process to such a level of absurdity, @Right_in_Virginia.

"Shocked!"  "Stunned!" --- yeah, no emotion there.   *****rollingeyes*****

I'm being cold-hearted factual, and you damn well know it.   And I nailed you fair and square.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:39:04 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline EdJames

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2019, 07:38:41 pm »

I'm being cold-hearted factual, and you damn well know it.   And I nailed ya fair and square.

:silly:

Not really, but if you want to believe that, who am I to stop you?

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2019, 07:39:30 pm »
:silly:

Not really, but if you want to believe that, who am I to stop you?

You are no one.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2019, 07:39:50 pm »

I'm being cold-hearted factual, and you damn well know it.   And I nailed ya fair and square.

:rolling: :silly:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2019, 07:41:03 pm »
Not sure I understand your implication here.

That's okay.

Offline thackney

« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2019, 07:42:43 pm »

I'm being cold-hearted factual, and you damn well know it.   And I nailed you fair and square.

For the record, I found your twisting of other people's words to be highly insulting for the topic.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2019, 07:49:39 pm »
:rolling: :silly: 

Many here need to hope no one's monitoring the gun fanatic threads --- what with the coming red flag laws and all.  Another reason to keep your fingers crossed, boys  :crossed:

000hehehehe

« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2019, 07:50:53 pm »
For the record, I found your twisting of other people's words to be highly insulting for the topic.

I find your twisting my words because you don't agree with them to be highly insulting for any topic.

But, thanks anyway.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2019, 07:51:53 pm »

Many here need to hope no one's monitoring the gun fanatic threads --- what with the coming red flag laws and all.  Another reason to keep your fingers crossed, boys  :crossed:

000hehehehe

Pushing back the boundaries of ignorance and superstition has its risks I suppose.  I'll take my chances.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2019, 07:54:33 pm »

Bullshit yourself.  You don't appear to understand anything about natural rights. 

Then neither did Justice Scalia. 

You've proven that you are either a despicable troll, or a blithering idiot!

I prefer to be in agreement with Justice Scalia than an arrogant fool such as yourself.   
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:58:03 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2019, 07:55:36 pm »

000hehehehe

All you’re doing with that is justifying the skepticism of them, not the acceptance.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2019, 07:57:24 pm »
Then neither did Justice Scalia.   But I prefer to be in agreement with Justice Scalia than an arrogant fool such as yourself.

No you don't.  You can't cherry pick quotes if he's talking to your face.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2019, 08:02:13 pm »
Then neither did Justice Scalia. 

I prefer to be in agreement with Justice Scalia than an arrogant fool such as yourself.

:bigsilly:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2019, 08:14:06 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@Cyber Liberty

If Trump does background checks, gun owners will STILL vote for him because the other choice wants NO GUNS.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:21 pm »
@Smokin Joe
@Cyber Liberty

If Trump does background checks, gun owners will STILL vote for him because the other choice wants NO GUNS.

I'm fine with the background checks, just the way they are.  The left has been thumping the tub for "universal" background checks, which could make felons of a father who gifts a firearm to his child, or someone who allows someone else to borrow their gun to try out at a shooting range (depending on how the law is written). 

I am philosophically opposed to any law that makes felons out of otherwise law-abiding citizens.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2019, 08:29:08 pm »
I'm fine with the background checks, just the way they are.  The left has been thumping the tub for "universal" background checks, which could make felons of a father who gifts a firearm to his child, or someone who allows someone else to borrow their gun to try out at a shooting range (depending on how the law is written). 

I am philosophically opposed to any law that makes felons out of otherwise law-abiding citizens.

I'm opposed to ANY new laws until we start enforcing the ones we already have!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2019, 08:38:52 pm »
I'm opposed to ANY new laws until we start enforcing the ones we already have!

Absolutely!  Consider the NICS registry.  If there have been failures, they've been on the reporting end, not the purchasing.  People who should have been on the list were not, for various reasons.  Jared Loughner, the shooter of Gabby Giffords, murderer of a Federal Judge and small child was supposed to be reported but wasn't because his Mommy was a good friend of the corrupt Sheriff Dupnik of Pima County (Tucson).  Another killer was recently to have been discovered to have had a domestic violence conviction in a military courts, but it wasn't reported to NICS as required by law.

Like any other database, it's Garbage In, Garbage Out.  Fix that problem before extending the errors to even more people, or it will only make things worse in terms of keeping guns away from dangerous people.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2019, 09:09:17 pm »

The expanded background checks the left want implemented have to do with private sales. They want to make it where if I had a couple of 1911’s in my collection that I wanted to sell you we couldn’t meet at you place and exchange the guns for $$$. We’d have to conduct the transaction at a licensed gun dealer and have him run a NICS check on you and charge whatever rate he charges per gun to complete the transaction.

Never mind the fact in the last 100 years there hasn’t been a mass shooting with a gun that was bought or sold in a private transfer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2019, 09:14:18 pm »
The expanded background checks the left want implemented have to do with private sales. They want to make it where if I had a couple of 1911’s in my collection that I wanted to sell you we couldn’t meet at you place and exchange the guns for $$$. We’d have to conduct the transaction at a licensed gun dealer and have him run a NICS check on you and charge whatever rate he charges per gun to complete the transaction.

Never mind the fact in the last 100 years there hasn’t been a mass shooting with a gun that was bought or sold in a private transfer.

We're dealing with that here in CA already. Because of the administrative costs and liability concerns it's getting harder and harder to find someone with an FFL willing to facilitate the transaction. Many gun shops still do but they make it a pain in the arse because it's not worth their while.

All according to plan, I'm sure.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2019, 09:41:14 pm »

000hehehehe
Is that a threat?   Reads like a threat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2019, 09:51:47 pm »
I'm fine with the background checks, just the way they are.  The left has been thumping the tub for "universal" background checks, which could make felons of a father who gifts a firearm to his child, or someone who allows someone else to borrow their gun to try out at a shooting range (depending on how the law is written).   I am philosophically opposed to any law that makes felons out of otherwise law-abiding citizens.
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, I know that, however, what I said is true.  If he does universal background checks, gun owners will still vote for him due to Dems want the guns.  Really, what would you do if he does it?