Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10686 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2019, 09:55:19 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, I know that, however, what I said is true.  If he does universal background checks, gun owners will still vote for him due to Dems want the guns.  Really, what would you do if he does it?

@Victoria33

I honestly don't know, which is why I hope it's just mere bluster.  This is one of my two or three most important hot buttons, which is why I've posted so much on this thread.  It's a likely deal-breaker, where I decide not to vote for him, consequences be damned.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2019, 10:21:42 pm »
Is that a threat?   Reads like a threat.

LOL!!!   :laugh:  Nope, not a threat.   :laugh: :laugh:  Just a commentary on some of the lunatic comments.   

"Reads like a threat" is now one of them.   :laugh:

@rustynail

FWIW .. I lost the bet.   :beer:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:23:07 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2019, 10:25:00 pm »
You have not made the case that more gun control would save lives.

I haven't tried to do that @Cyber Liberty   I have tried to make the case that rightly crated red flag laws will. 

« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2019, 10:26:57 pm »
Pushing back the boundaries of ignorance and superstition has its risks I suppose.  I'll take my chances.

How is being a proponent of rightly crafted red flag laws ignorant and superstitious @Bigun

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2019, 10:32:51 pm »
I haven't tried to do that @Cyber Liberty   I have tried to make the case that rightly crated red flag laws will.

In that case, I'm in the wait-and-see camp.  The left has a heavy load to lift to convince me this is a good idea, but let them try.  I hope it makes more sense then the foolish insurance/registration scam that's being bandied about.  I'm afraid it will encourage SWATing by litigants trying to weaponize it, like in ugly divorces and the like.  There are certainly 4th and 5th Amendment issues as well.

We have laws not being enforced.  We should be looking at those, and laws that have failed or succeeded.  I think NICS can be improved, for example.

I appreciate your taking my question seriously.  This thread is becoming a bit of a cartoon. rrthree
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:38:23 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2019, 10:33:45 pm »

IF... after application for firearm, the person is deemed "OK", all papers, forms and documents...data should be destroyed.

Nobody in government should know what kind of...or how many firearms you own or where you keep them.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2019, 10:35:42 pm »
How is being a proponent of rightly crafted red flag laws ignorant and superstitious @Bigun

There is a risk the laws will be poorly crafted, as all laws passed in a hurry are.  The "tell" for me is the way the left is screaming "Fix it right now, this second!"  They are demanding both Houses of Congress return from Recess right now, before anything is on paper.

(Don't mean to step on your reply, @Bigun!)
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2019, 10:37:26 pm »
IF... after application for firearm, the person is deemed "OK", all papers, forms and documents...data should be destroyed.

Nobody in government should know what kind of...or how many firearms you own or where you keep them.

That's the way it's supposed to be, under current law. I think retention is 90 days from purchase, then shredded.  Problem is, that's just the paper.  What about the computerized records?
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #258 on: August 08, 2019, 11:10:00 pm »
That's the way it's supposed to be, under current law. I think retention is 90 days from purchase, then shredded.  Problem is, that's just the paper.  What about the computerized records?

28 CFR § 25.9 - Retention and destruction of records in the system

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/25.9
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2019, 11:22:54 pm »

Oh, I know that.  Had tongue firmly in cheek when I posted.

After all, you can't even trust the FBI anymore!!  Or the CIA.  Or NSA. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2019, 11:24:32 pm »

For allowed transactions it's 24 hours I believe.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2019, 11:34:18 pm »
For allowed transactions it's 24 hours I believe.

Supposed to work that way.

Speaking of records, that would leave only the hardcopy of the purchase paperwork held by the place of purchase, which they are supposed to store for 20 years, as evidence of what you have in your closet.

If you purchased your's within the past 20 years in a gun shop that has since closed, you're screwed - the ATF already has your record.

I wonder if anyone here knows if these same rules apply to AR lowers as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:49:01 pm by skeeter »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2019, 11:42:38 pm »
Everything You Need to Know About Federal Background Checks

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/07/gun-background-check-nics-guide/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2019, 12:34:34 am »
So there it is, then.   If Trump adopts the position of the gun extremists, he loses the election.  If he rejects the position of the gun extremists, he loses the election. 

@Jazzhead  I guess being half-wrong isn't as bad as being 100 percent wrong. The ONLY "extremists" are the anti-gun/anti-freedom loons.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2019, 12:38:47 am »
It isn't just the top of the ticket. Any congresscritter who votes for gun control better line up that lobbying job.
(You are the extremists calling for infringing a enumerated Right that Constitutionally proscribes infringement) What other Civil Rights do you want to mess with?

At least in this neck of the woods, the firearm owners voted for Trump, not Hillary. All of those 80,000,000 votes would have cinched the last go-round. Voting for the RKBA should cinch 2020. Voting against the RKBA (essentially, the Constitution) will cinch it, too, but not in his favor.

@Smoking Joe

BINGO! If Trump caves to the gun-grabbing left,he is out of office after the votes are counted. If he is doing as I suspect/hope and just jerking their chains to make them even nuttier and refuses to vote for any new gun grabs,he WILL be re-elected. The Dims have NOBODY withing shouting distance of sane or even smart,and that will become more obvious with each day that passes. Uncle Joe Biden is the best they have,and he is not only senile,he was a border-line retard on the best day he ever saw.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #265 on: August 09, 2019, 12:39:59 am »
Go ahead, destroy conservatism for a generation,   

You should try being honest and admit you are a leftist. I'd have more respect for you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #266 on: August 09, 2019, 12:41:09 am »
Then suffer the consequences.   The problem is, your extremism causes harm to far more than yourself.   It is high time for the rest of us to stand up to bullying.

@Jazzhead

Is that you,Hillary?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: August 09, 2019, 12:43:03 am »

Responsible gun owners want the same thing most of the rest of us want -  the right to protect ourselves in the context of a system of laws that protects innocents from mass murder.   

@Jazzhead  You can't possibly be THAT stupid in real life. You HAVE to be a Dim shill. The ONLY system that protects innocents is a free system where the citizens are armed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #268 on: August 09, 2019, 12:44:53 am »
*****rollingeyes*****

"Her."  It's a sad day when we cannot discuss policy with our elected representatives for fear of being accused of "bullying."

@Cyber Liberty

Notice how it is NEVER "bullying" when the far left threatens mere leftist politicians with removal from office?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #269 on: August 09, 2019, 12:51:35 am »
I guess I need to post this again as apparently it was missed the first time around!

@Bigun

More importantly,the VERY weapons named as protected weapons are military-grade fireams "as carried by the typical infantry soldier". Not derringers,not duck guns,but military grade rifles and handguns.

Crew-served weapons,such as cannons,were to be held "by the community" in storage buildings near the town center so the militia could quickly get them rolling with the powder and balls loaded in wagons to follow along.

I bet,and hope,that causes some heads to explode.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2019, 12:53:48 am »
If this was the truth, the Founders would have made the right to bear arms the first amendment to the Constitution.

Please stop making up crap to suit your gun fixation.

@Right_in_Virginia

Has someone hacked your account? I know you know better than that. Every heard of a guy named Thomas Jefferson? Look up what he had to say about this issue.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2019, 12:56:22 am »
Then why didn't the founder make the right to bear arms the first amendment?  @Bigun

@Right_in_Virginia

Because before the First Amendment became the law of the land,there was nothing to protect

[That's enough. Stop the insults]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:10:46 am by Mod1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2019, 12:58:35 am »
Correct.   We need to win an election folks.   That requires engagement, as the President has advocated,  on ways to protect the public from mass shootings,  within the protections of the Constitution.   

Because that is what the public demands.

@Jazzhead

No problem. Lock up violent offenders with serious prison time,and put nutcases away in mental institutions.

Problem solved.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2019, 01:00:52 am »
Why are you bringing state militias into this conversation?

@Right_in_Virginia

THAT's funny,I don't care who you are!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2019, 01:07:07 am »
@Smokin Joe
@Cyber Liberty

If Trump does background checks, gun owners will STILL vote for him because the other choice wants NO GUNS.

@Victoria33

We already have background checks in place. For at least a couple of decades. What the Dims and RINO's are pushing for now is beyond a step too far. They know this,and that is why they are pushing for it so hard. Even they know they have no chance at all unless they can make Trump look like Hitler.