Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump  (Read 6325 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2019, 02:01:54 pm »

Ahhhh,I see you are one of those confused people that think a President is a dictator,and can do whatever he wants,even if the RINO's in his own party refuse to back him.

So much for the Great Negotiator.  :silly:

Wrong question,and it shows your Party Creature mindset.

The RIGHT question to ask is "Did his party work with him to help him accomplish the goals he ran on?" The obvious answer is "No",because they don't want to see those promises fulfilled because it would upset some of THEIR little apple carts.

No, the RIGHT answer is that he should have figured he'd need a vote or two before pissing off absolutely everyone who might have formed a coalition.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2019, 02:05:57 pm »
:rolling: 

Really?  Instead of calling me names and hurling accusations at me,  how about you and @sneakypete give me some evidence of what Trump has actually accomplished as to all of his major campaign promises such as ending the invasion of illegals and "refugees," reducing our runaway spending, real tax reform, ridding us of Obamacare and so on? Did he really work with his own party to get things done?  Apart from a few PR photos of so-called meetings and news reports of his temper tantrums ar a couple of these "meetings"  -- which I think were staged -- he didnt do jack.

This first term has been one big reality tv show with phony crises and controversies, staff being hired then fired and so on.  All this presidency needed is the requisite reality tv catfight between 2 scantily clad babes in the swimming pool. In any event, Trump has been a phony president who has done nothing for supporters but entertain them. 

Trump has never taken this job seriously and the only reason he is suddenly coming alive now is that he wants to be re-elected. Where was he when he had Republican majorities in both houses of congress?  Now that he no longer has the house and may very well lose the senate, he is promising to get things done if re-elected?  If Trump supporters believe that, I have some prime swamp land to sell them.

I completely agree with most of what you have stated; he loves the limelight and he certainly knows how to pack a stadium and say what his crowds want him to say.  He's never really stopped campaigning and now that he's seeking re-election, he's again I believe in his favorite environment.

Promising to get things done if re-elected?  Who have we heard that from before?  IF both the House and Senate are lost in 2020, he will get even less done.  There will be nothing holding him back as he will already have won a second term and we will definitely see the true DJT.  That is a concern of mine.

In his defense he has displayed patriotism, lowered unemployment, brought some jobs back and I'm still evaluating those tax cuts. He's made an alliance again with Israel.  Keep in mind the liberal leftists are doing and have been doing everything in their power to undermine his presidency.  Yes absolutely he should have worked with his majority when he had it to secure our borders.  He should have NEVER signed any bill that didn't benefit border security.  Never. Nor should he have used amnesty as a bargaining chip.  As for his primary promise to build a wall and secure the border he has utterly FAILED.

Enter the radical left; two Muslims elected to Congress and one who wants to eliminate aircraft in the name of going green, among others.  I believe we actually have a crisis in Congress.  Both parties have lost their direction and have FAILED our country.  I agree it is difficult to discern at times the difference between the two parties anymore. I believe at present that the DEMS are far more radical and destructive than the GOP.

Indeed, you most absolutely vote your conscience.  If you choose to abstain from voting that is your choice and I don't feel you should be chastised for doing so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2019, 02:26:47 pm »
@Applewood

It is not true an unfair to say Trump not fighting for his agenda. One example

There’s A Full-Fledged Fight Over The Wall Going On In The Supreme Court

And that's been a big problem with this president.  Trump has been doing far too much "fighting" and not trying to work with people to get things done.  He started out his presidency by dissing the Republicans, who naturally wouldn't work with him.  So he decided to do things on his own though executive actions.  Then these actions have been challenged in the court and he has had to spend a lot of time and resources "fighting" those challenges in the courts.    If he had tried to work with congress, he might have been able to get at least a few things done without all this waste of time, money and energy.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:30:18 pm by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2019, 02:32:49 pm »
@libertybele

Thank you for such a calm and rational response.   happy77

Offline Applewood

« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2019, 02:40:53 pm »

@sneakypete

Ahhhh,I see you are one of those confused people that think a President is a dictator,and can do whatever he wants,even if the RINO's in his own party refuse to back him.

Actually, I believe it's been Trump who has wanted to be a dictator or at least a king.  otherwise, as I said, he would have at least tried to work with congress instead of issuing edicts that were mostly successfully challenged in the courts.

Wrong question,and it shows your Party Creature mindset.

The RIGHT question to ask is "Did his party work with him to help him accomplish the goals he ran on?" The obvious answer is "No", because they don't want to see those promises fulfilled because it would upset some of THEIR little apple carts.

Seems to me that Trump doesn't want to accomplish those goals either.  Otherwise, he would have made the effort to do so. 

Yes, I am aware that Republicans as a whole have been the do-nothing party.  But a good "boss" would have found some way to motivate these guys to get up off their backsides and do something.  Carrot or stick -- whatever might have worked.  Trump didn't do it.

And by the way -- I have said this before -- I didn't expect him to accomplish everything.  He likely would have had to make some compromises and concessions.  But as I keep saying, Trump didn't even try. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:42:37 pm by Applewood »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2019, 02:41:43 pm »
Save your breath. They’re not into the logic of advancing the court toward a more constitutional role in the future. They want the man making those appointments gone. He offends their virtue. That’s all that matters.

Therefore, nothing Trump does to constitutionally move, where he can, his conservative agenda forward, is good enough for them.

And to say that Trump doesn’t work hard, is ludicrous. The guy’s been a workaholic his entire life. Trump’s output has demonstrably outstripped previous modern president’s.

I have also noticed that they seldom take me on. Trumps appointment to the courts have been excellent, it is the
compromised Roberts that is the problem. Give Trump one more appointment (Amy Barrett) and we will have
and constitutional court for a generation. Lower courts are being remade too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2019, 02:50:46 pm »
I completely agree with most of what you have stated; he loves the limelight and he certainly knows how to pack a stadium and say what his crowds want him to say. 

I've never understood why fellow Americans coming together to see and support the POTUS so upsets some; especially when this is the very thing that saved Cruz's job.   :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2019, 02:52:33 pm »
I've never understood why fellow Americans coming together to see and support the POTUS so upsets some; especially when this is the very thing that saved Cruz's job.   :shrug:

That kind of comment helps explain the upset.

Cruz saved Cruz's job, though I am glad that Trump chimed in towards the end and supported him.  And, did so apparently enthusiastically.

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2019, 02:52:59 pm »
@sneakypete

As usual, on the subject of Trump, you like many of his other supporters, are full of horse manure. 

Such bitterness can't be good for your health.   happy77

Offline jpsb

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2019, 02:54:57 pm »
And that's been a big problem with this president.  Trump has been doing far too much "fighting" and not
trying to work with people to get things done.  He started out his presidency by dissing the Republicans, who naturally wouldn't work with him.  So he decided to do things on his own though executive actions.  Then these actions have been challenged in the court and he has had to spend a lot of time and resources "fighting" those challenges in the courts.    If he had tried to work with congress, he might have been able to get at least a few things done without all this waste of time, money and energy.

As I have already said, Chamber of Commerce Ryan who just happened to be the Speaker of the House and John Butt Hurt McCain were NEVER going to work with Trump. Never ever ever both and a few others hate
Trump. Do you really think the globalists in Congress are going to work with Trump on building The Wall or on
securing our borders? If you do you are crazy, we are in a fight and Trump is fighting as best he can. Right
now it's activist judges stopping Trump's every move but slowing things get to the SC where hopefully there is
still some sanity.

Look at the repeal Ocare vote, passed every time Obama was in office, but once Trump was elected it failed.
Why because they hate Trump and do not want to give him any wins. That is what he is up against, it's the
deep state (swamp) vs the (sane) people and the peoples leader is Trump.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2019, 02:55:41 pm »

I have never understood people who need that 'big show' thing. A gaudy waste of time.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2019, 03:05:42 pm »
As I have already said, Chamber of Commerce Ryan who just happened to be the Speaker of the House and John Butt Hurt McCain were NEVER going to work with Trump. Never ever ever both and a few others hate
Trump. Do you really think the globalists in Congress are going to work with Trump on building The Wall or on
securing our borders? If you do you are crazy, we are in a fight and Trump is fighting as best he can. Right
now it's activist judges stopping Trump's every move but slowing things get to the SC where hopefully there is
still some sanity.

Look at the repeal Ocare vote, passed every time Obama was in office, but once Trump was elected it failed.
Why because they hate Trump and do not want to give him any wins. That is what he is up against, it's the
deep state (swamp) vs the (sane) people and the peoples leader is Trump.

Oh here we go -- the "Deep State" and "globalists" excuse.  You do know those labels are conspiracy theory BS, don't you?

Bottom line is that neither Trump nor the Republicans wanted to work together because neither of them had any intention of keeping their promises to the voters.  It's not some bogus conspiracy.  Just plain, simple  lying to the voters and sitting on their butts doing nothing but collecting their pay and enjoying the benefits of their offices.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2019, 03:08:56 pm »
So much for the Great Negotiator.  :silly:

No, the RIGHT answer is that he should have figured he'd need a vote or two before pissing off absolutely everyone who might have formed a coalition.

@roamer_1

If Trump didn't exist you would have to invent him to explain your fantasy world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2019, 03:10:05 pm »
I have never understood people who need that 'big show' thing. A gaudy waste of time.

I repeat ... this "gaudy waste of time" served Teddy well.  One would hope this would at least soothe your rage.   :shrug:

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2019, 03:10:40 pm »
@roamer_1

If Trump didn't exist you would have to invent him to explain your fantasy world.

888high58888  @sneakypete

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2019, 03:13:09 pm »
So far, as predicted, Judicial appointments have been of little consequence. To be fair - I left judicial appointments in a sort of limbo, hoping to be found wrong... But so far - the results are disappointing.

So sorry. Try again.

The 9th Circuit ... miracles are happening there.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2019, 03:15:57 pm »
Oh here we go -- the "Deep State" and "globalists" excuse.  You do know those labels are conspiracy theory BS, don't you?

Bottom line is that neither Trump nor the Republicans wanted to work together because neither of them had any intention of keeping their promises to the voters.  It's not some bogus conspiracy.  Just plain, simple  lying to the voters and sitting on their butts doing nothing but collecting their pay and enjoying the benefits of their offices.

If you think the deep state is some kind of conspiracy theory then there is no point in continuing the conservation.
The deep state is real and it is fighting everything Trump is trying to do. Don't believe me? Watch Mueller
testify before congress on the 24 (if he has the balls to show up).  Start reading about the effort to undo the
2020 election. Think about Hillary getting off scot free for numerous felonies. Explain that sans a deep state
hidden gov.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2019, 03:21:55 pm »
And that's been a big problem with this president.  Trump has been doing far too much "fighting" and not trying to work with people to get things done.

@Applewood

Code for "He's not playing the game right by allowing RINO's to profit from selling their votes/influence to the Dims."

He started out his presidency by dissing the Republicans,

You actually say that like it is a BAD thing. We wouldn't be where we are today if it weren't for the alleged Republicans selling out their votes to the left for personal profits or to appease blackmailers.]

who naturally wouldn't work with him.

Of course not! Who the hell does he think he is,the President?

So he decided to do things on his own though executive actions. 

Primarily because the alleged Republicans wouldn't work with him because it would mean they would lose all or most of their graft money.

Then these actions have been challenged in the court and he has had to spend a lot of time and resources "fighting" those challenges in the courts.   

See the above.

If he had tried to work with congress, he might have been able to get at least a few things done without all this waste of time, money and energy.

If he had worked with congress,he would have been nothing more than just another Boy Jorge or John McLunatic,selling the country down the drain for personal or family profits.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:28:39 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2019, 03:25:52 pm »

I don't either.

However, it apparently is useful in terms of getting out the vote, encouraging people to advocate on your behalf to other citizens, etc....  The failure to do such events is something most of the political experts agree really hurt Hillary in swing states.

But...I still think most politicians are egocentric douchebags.

Offline corbe

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2019, 03:33:04 pm »

CRUZ/Haley 2020
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2019, 03:35:33 pm »

CRUZ/Haley 2020

@corbe

I guess you are satisfied that Cruz will cooperate with the RINO's and the left to get legislation passed,and it will be back to business as usual in DC?

Offline corbe

« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2019, 03:39:36 pm »
   I'm satisfied @sneakypete that had the Trumpers not cut off their nose to spite their face a President Cruz would have secured the Southern Border and eliminated ocare by now and would not have appointed Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to the SC, granted I am drinking earlier and earlier, or so it seems.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2019, 03:43:16 pm »

CRUZ/Haley 2020

Neither is an NBC so there is that.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2019, 03:53:36 pm »

CRUZ/Haley 2020

Would be nice, but I still say Ted needs a shave.  LOL

Offline corbe

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2019, 03:57:27 pm »
   I have it on good authority @Applewood that Haley doesn't shave either, like they all do now.  wink777