Author Topic: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump  (Read 6319 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ted Cruz: 2020 election is a 'coin flip' for Trump
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2019, 03:58:00 pm »
   I'm satisfied @sneakypete that had the Trumpers not cut off their nose to spite their face a President Cruz would have secured the Southern Border and eliminated ocare by now and would not have appointed Gorsuch and Kavanaugh to the SC, granted I am drinking earlier and earlier, or so it seems.

@corbe

So,you are in the majority of the Trump haters,who hate him because he beat Cruz?

BTW,did you see Cruz on the PBS political talk show this weekend? There is,and always has been,something about Cruz that really creeps me out,but I think he did a very respectable job of sounding conservative  and pretending to support Trump,while keeping his options open for a run for the WH himself in 2020. He is obviously trying to position himself as an option to Trump in case his support drops between now and the primary,while still staying respectable towards him and mostly supporting his positions.

He definitely needs to finish eating that goat that is smeared across his face before the elections,though. There is no way that is going to help him come "cast your vote time".

Yes,there ARE some people who can really pull-off wearing a beard. None of them are named Ted Cruz.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2019, 04:04:24 pm »

It's a Texas thang @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2019, 04:05:41 pm »
   I have it on good authority @Applewood that Haley doesn't shave either, like they all do now.  wink777

LOL

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2019, 05:01:53 pm »
No, the RIGHT answer is that he should have figured he'd need a vote or two before pissing off absolutely everyone who might have formed a coalition.

If Trump had not made the hideous remark about McCain, he may have gotten an Obamacare repeal, among other things.  Coalition-building is a minimum expectation for someone in his position.  I don't understand why he gets a pass on his incompetence, and don't see any evidence that he has learned from his experience.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2019, 05:25:35 pm »
@sneakypete

Yes,there ARE some people who can really pull-off wearing a beard. None of them are named Ted Cruz.

Well, on that at least, you and I are in agreement.   happy77

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2019, 06:01:14 pm »
Oh here we go -- the "Deep State" and "globalists" excuse.  You do know those labels are conspiracy theory BS, don't you?

Bottom line is that neither Trump nor the Republicans wanted to work together because neither of them had any intention of keeping their promises to the voters.  It's not some bogus conspiracy.  Just plain, simple  lying to the voters and sitting on their butts doing nothing but collecting their pay and enjoying the benefits of their offices.

@Applewood

Like the Left...there are certain people on the right that have to create boogeymen to mask the fact their guy hasn't delivered half of what he promised.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:02:11 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2019, 06:03:03 pm »
The 9th Circuit ... miracles are happening there.

I’m with @Right_in_Virginia on this one.  Trump has outperformed my expectations on the judiciary.  That will earn him my vote in 2020.
James 1:20

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2019, 06:09:53 pm »
@Applewood

Like the Left...there are certain people on the right that have to create boogeymen to mask the fact their guy hasn't delivered half of what he promised.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/for_being_such_an_idiot_trump_is_pretty_smart.html

Here's an article about some of you 'Dudes' ... at the top of American Thinker.   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2019, 06:12:48 pm »
Oh come on, as far as Ted's beard; I absolutely love it on him!!!  Just look at those 'puppy dog eyes'.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »
Oh come on, as far as Ted's beard; I absolutely love it on him!!!  Just look at those 'puppy dog eyes'.

Absolutely agree, @libertybele

If President Trump didn't exist, I'd accept him as the Booby Prize.  Nothing wrong with him.

He had to go home every night and sleep with his wife....WTF did anyone expect him to do at the convention??

Politics is a contact sport.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2019, 06:22:15 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/07/for_being_such_an_idiot_trump_is_pretty_smart.html

Here's an article about some of you 'Dudes' ... at the top of American Thinker.   happy77

Thanks for once again proving to everyone here you have no clue about me...much less who my "dudes" are.

Try harder next time.  It will save you from spreading fake news about a TBR member.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2019, 06:28:02 pm »
Thanks for once again proving to everyone here you have no clue about me...much less who my "dudes" are.

Try harder next time.  It will save you from spreading fake news about a TBR member.

My post wasn't meant as any insult, @txradioguy    Just meant to be informative.

That said, no matter how hard you try to distance yourself from them.... you'll NEVER wash the association off.

Stop kicking yourself in the ass for not picking the winner out of the gate.   

It's not a reflection of your intellect.  It's a reflection of one's ego.   :patriot:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2019, 06:37:16 pm »
I honestly can't believe the Cruz/Trump supporter wars are being revived three years after the primaries were over.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2019, 06:47:07 pm »
I honestly can't believe the Cruz/Trump supporter wars are being revived three years after the primaries were over.

Some of us just aren't going to sit idly by while some of them wish to re-write history.  That's all.

It's says a helluva lot more about THEM however.   

Online roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2019, 08:04:45 pm »
@roamer_1

If Trump didn't exist you would have to invent him to explain your fantasy world.

It's bare fact, Pete. I just ain't drank the koolaid. Put away brightfart.com , set aside your hopes and loyalties, and look at the damn sign on the ground. You know how, and it ain't that hard.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2019, 08:09:05 pm »
I repeat ... this "gaudy waste of time" served Teddy well.  One would hope this would at least soothe your rage.   :shrug:

I have no rage @Right_in_Virginia . And I don't care how it may have helped Cruz - If it did, it is far less than the slander and libel Tump did in the first place.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2019, 08:09:55 pm »
The 9th Circuit ... miracles are happening there.

Meh.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2019, 08:17:09 pm »

It's a Texas thang @sneakypete

No @corbe It's a Western thang. Been cool enough here that I still have all my hair... If it keeps up, I will go into fall with a tail and beard already made...

Online libertybele

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2019, 08:20:11 pm »
Some of us just aren't going to sit idly by while some of them wish to re-write history.  That's all.

It's says a helluva lot more about THEM however.

There seems to be a definite difference in opinion as to the history between Trump and Cruz.  I don't think there will ever be an agreement. 

The fact does remain of course that Trump is OUR President.  Cruz merely stated that Trump's re-election isn't a certainty; 50-50...more or less a warning shot.  I don't see his comment as any more than that.   

Since his election Trump has lost some of his base and he has lost some that were undecided and have vowed not to vote for him.  There is no denying that he has absolutely FAILED to keep his promise on the border and equally as troubling is the runaway deficit under Trump which is now at over $22 Trillion.  Outside of his character flaws, I believe those are the two issues that have turned voters away.

I find those issues troubling as well.  I am also concerned that IF re-elected there will be no reason for Trump to keep promises made or make attempts to keep those promises.  Once re-elected, I believe we will see the real DJT.  Though with some reservations about him, as of now, I still plan to vote for him as I feel that the agenda of the radical left will be even worse.

We all must make our own personal decision and vote our conscience.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2019, 08:27:13 pm »
If Trump had not made the hideous remark about McCain, he may have gotten an Obamacare repeal, among other things.  Coalition-building is a minimum expectation for someone in his position.  I don't understand why he gets a pass on his incompetence, and don't see any evidence that he has learned from his experience.

@cato potatoe
That's exactly right. This superman bullcrap just naturally has to stop. The whole game is deal making and bridge building, and he's got *nothing* done... And what he has got done - the stuff we get to keep - Is more tremendous debt... And anything else we may get is offset by that by an order of magnitude.

I don't think folks can even grasp what a trillion dollars is.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2019, 08:32:47 pm »
It may be a bit of crying wolf, but why not?
No one wants voters to be complacent.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2019, 08:40:55 pm »
I don't either.

However, it apparently is useful in terms of getting out the vote, encouraging people to advocate on your behalf to other citizens, etc....  The failure to do such events is something most of the political experts agree really hurt Hillary in swing states.

But...I still think most politicians are egocentric douchebags.

888high58888

Offline aligncare

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2019, 09:12:28 pm »
I don't either.

However, it apparently is useful in terms of getting out the vote, encouraging people to advocate on your behalf to other citizens, etc....  The failure to do such events is something most of the political experts agree really hurt Hillary in swing states.

But...I still think most politicians are egocentric douchebags.[/b

Which is exactly why Trump caught on with voters. He’s not a career politician and has the impolitic habit of speaking his mind about the issues working Americans care about.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 09:13:47 pm by aligncare »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2019, 09:17:50 pm »

Some people have never let them die.  You can tell which ones here like to stir them up every so often.  Out of the blue they'll toss the same old disproved lies about Cruz from the 2016 campaign as if they were somehow now the gospel truth.

Offline berdie

« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2019, 09:21:41 pm »
Which is exactly why Trump caught on with voters. He’s not a career politician and has the impolitic habit of speaking his mind about the issues working Americans care about.

And he certainly is humble. :rolling: