Author Topic: Trump: I will deliver State of the Union 'when the shutdown is over'  (Read 6653 times)

Online corbe

Trump: I will deliver State of the Union 'when the shutdown is over'

By Mary Tyler March - 01/23/19 11:16 PM EST   

President Trump said late Wednesday that he would deliver his State of the Union address after the ongoing partial government shutdown is over.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426717-trump-i-will-do-state-of-the-union-when-the-shutdown-is-over
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump: I will deliver State of the Union 'when the shutdown is over'
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:30:40 am »

I know I'm gonna get in trouble here, for this.

Tomorrow's another Day.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:32:53 am »
Makes sense for him to look like he's backing down on this, and willing to "work with" the Dems, as long as he doesn't back down on the wall also.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 04:36:44 am »
Makes sense for him to look like he's backing down on this, and willing to "work with" the Dems, as long as he doesn't back down on the wall also.

I couldn't agree more. Trump is God. Good call.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 04:41:07 am »
Pelosi punked his orange ass.... :silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 04:44:45 am »
   If I wasn't stoned none of this would make sense.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 04:52:56 am »
Maybe Trump should have the gas turned off on Capital Hill...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:09 am »

My momma told me to not count my chickens before the eggs hatch!  I think that was good advice and you should adhere to it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 05:05:03 am »
Never, never in my life time, have I seen this much NASTY BEHAVIOR FROM THE DEMON-RATS!   We have the best president, finally, and ignorant people want to trip him up at every turn and think they are clever.  USEFUL IDIOTS.  They support communism. They are now too dumb to exist.  They are killing our country. 

Sorry...

http://youtu.be/Gw8c2Cq-vpg

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 05:06:39 am »
Yes, the best in a long time. Since George Washington. I think some are mind controlled. MK ULTRA

www.magapill.com

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 05:10:24 am »
    Even during the Civil War Lincoln managed to not postpone his SOTU and this 2019 $hitshow is somehow oneupmanship in Trump's 2019, I, for one, aint buying this BS but my TDS is obvious to all here.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 05:18:14 am »
    George Washington, Really @LegalAmerican I always wish I was high enough to believe any of your stuff.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 05:25:36 am »
Yes, the best in a long time. Since George Washington. I think some are mind controlled. MK ULTRA

www.magapill.com

I agree fully with you except for the last part. Michelob Ultra is a really lousy beer.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 05:35:38 am »
Can't figure out why Trump would cave on this considering that Pelosi isn't giving him squat.  This was his chance to make his case before a national audience to explain the state of the union's Southern border as an open sieve placing a substantial drain on America's limited resources.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 05:42:19 am »
Can't figure out why Trump would cave on this considering that Pelosi isn't giving him squat.  This was his chance to make his case before a national audience to explain the state of the union's Southern border as an open sieve placing a substantial drain on America's limited resources.

And I can't figure out for the life of me how Trumpers would think this is good?  Its a huge missed opportunity.   ****sheep****

Come on!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 05:42:45 am »
Can't figure out why Trump would cave on this considering that Pelosi isn't giving him squat. 

We don't know what the hell is going on. Trump is changing his tune about once an hour. Hoyer is contradicting Pelosi. The Senate is broken into 10 factions of stupidity. The House is doing a lot of talking but not acting. This feels like a bunch of back room wheeling and dealing going on.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 05:43:43 am »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 05:47:46 am »
We don't know what the hell is going on. Trump is changing his tune about once an hour. Hoyer is contradicting Pelosi. The Senate is broken into 10 factions of stupidity. The House is doing a lot of talking but not acting. This feels like a bunch of back room wheeling and dealing going on.

So Trump is your god because you don't know what is happening?

He didn't have to give it in Congress because they don't care.  Its the people who need to hear what's really happening at the border.  And the steady stream of endless caravans.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 05:50:16 am »

So, SSDD.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 05:51:26 am »

Because unlike the Repukes, the Democrats stick together.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 05:52:53 am »
    I know I'm gonna get in trouble here, for this.

Tomorrow's another Day.

Like!!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 05:58:12 am »
So, SSDD.

Uh. We're talking about Washington DC and McConnell, Schumer, Pelosi and some no name GOP House sub-leader right? It's freaking Groundhog Day man. Of course it is.

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 01:05:55 pm »
This is indeed troubling. The White House/Sanders already stated that there would be a State of the Union on Tuesday.  Trump fired back at Pelosi.  Something has happened as to why he caved.  He had several options to move forward with the SOTU just as he had options to fight this battle long ago.  A couple of things;

I kept waiting for Mitch to extend an invitation to give the SOTU and none was given.

There was mention of the Gang of 20 working behind the scenes and then there was mention of Mitch and Chuckie striking a deal.

SCOTUS threw Trump a blow and refused to take up DACA, so that eliminated Trumps bargaining chip.

The DEMS played dirty refusing to pay the federal workers.

I highly doubt that Nancy and the DEMS are going to give him his money; so he's back to either caving to the agreements that Congress has come up with, or he declares a national emergency.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 01:20:20 pm »
Fantastic!  Here is to hoping we won't suffer through a SOTU in 2020 either. :beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 01:23:33 pm »
My momma told me to not count my chickens before the eggs hatch!  I think that was good advice and you should adhere to it.

@Bigun  What, and break his losing streak on being 96.8% wrong about Trump? (Well, Trump’s not perfect, you know)

@montanajoe