Author Topic: Why Trump Is Right to Withdraw Troops  (Read 5752 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Why Trump Is Right to Withdraw Troops
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2018, 05:48:32 am »
There may or may not be an argument for a troop reduction or withdraw but you don't do it with a Tweet or against the advice of the generals you put in charge.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 06:53:14 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2018, 06:05:15 am »
There may or may not be an argument for a troop reduction or withdraw but you don't do it with a Tweet or against the advice of the generals you out in charge.

:amen:  This was one of my fears with Trump -- he may align himself with the most brilliant and best of the best people, but would he actually listen to them??

Obviously the answer is no.  One of my biggest fears with Trump may be a reality.   Is he is so narcissistic that he refuses to listen?  In this case, it could prove to be detrimental for the country.

I really would like to know WHY he is making this decision??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2018, 02:29:07 pm »
:amen:  This was one of my fears with Trump -- he may align himself with the most brilliant and best of the best people, but would he actually listen to them??

Obviously the answer is no.  One of my biggest fears with Trump may be a reality.   Is he is so narcissistic that he refuses to listen?  In this case, it could prove to be detrimental for the country.

I really would like to know WHY he is making this decision??

It may be as simple as this was one of his campaign promises, and he was feeling a lot of heat over the lack of movement on illegal immigration control. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2018, 03:19:05 pm »
There may or may not be an argument for a troop reduction or withdraw but you don't do it with a Tweet or against the advice of the generals you put in charge.

@NavyCanDo

ROFLMAO! Generals are not in charge,and with any luck at all will never be in charge in the US. If they WERE in charge,we would all be wearing uniforms and doing close order drills on high school football fields.

Generals are like a little boy with a hammer that sees everything as a nail. Aggression is the nature of the beast. Unfortunately,most of the flag officers in our military now have only seen battle from a distance. This includes Mattis,who seems to have been VERY careful to avoid infantry assignments until he was a field grade officer who would get staff positions.

You ain't going to like this,but the situation gets even worse once you get away from the US Army and the USMC because only a handful of people in the US Navy or the USAF have ever experienced actual combat,and most of them were enlisted swine,not officers and gentlemen.

If you want to find out what the US Military needs for war-fighting,ask a Sergeant First Class/E-7 with a Combat Arms MOS,not his battalion commander. I can practically guarantee you that number 1 on their lists will be "smarter recruits" because the quality of your common foot soldiers and their ability to take and understand orders is where the rubber meets the road.

What they do NOT need is female commanders,trans-sexuals,bi-sexuals,homosexuals,bestiality fans,etc,etc,etc. They need someone that can lead by example and inspire confidence.

BTW,NavyCanDo,this one should make you feel better. My niece is married to a sailor that enlisted in the Navy right out of high school. He was sent to language school to learn Arabic and related dialects,and is probably on his 3rd enlistment now and was a E-6 the last I heard of him. He was also sent to radio school. Despite being a sailor (technically) he has spent his entire career attached to either USMC units or US Army units. Frankly I am shocked he was even able to get promoted being so far from "the chow line",and my hat is off to the US Navy for keeping him in mind and rewarding him for his hard and dangerous work.

Not really sure what he is doing right now. Last i heard he was being assigned to the Pentegram,so he is probably in some signal intelligence unit and translating messages instead of humping a rucksack with a radio and a M-16.

Frankly,I don't understand why he doesn't apply for a commission as either a Warrant Officer or a commissioned officer. People with his skill sets are in demand,and as far as I can see,will remain in demand for a good number of years.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:27:48 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2018, 06:48:44 pm »
For some, just pin a name tag on someone w/the label general
and they instantly become a clone of Julius Caesar. Hmmm........
Mattis was commissioned in 1972 w/a few M/E assignments since.
The second coming of Alexander he most emphatically ain't!

Oceander

« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2018, 06:51:34 pm »
It may be as simple as this was one of his campaign promises, and he was feeling a lot of heat over the lack of movement on illegal immigration control. 

So it’s just a knee-jerk reaction?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »

Perhaps a 'deal' was made with the Saudis.

In exchange for not pursuing Yashoggi's murder, the Prince agreed to take the Syria baton from the USA...in the meantime, those monies can now be used for border security on the southern border here.

...because it's been announced that UAE and Saudi Arabia will pick up the slack in Syria.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2018, 06:56:34 pm »
Perhaps a 'deal' was made with the Saudis.

In exchange for not pursuing Yashoggi's murder, the Prince agreed to take the Syria baton from the USA...in the meantime, those monies can now be used for border security on the southern border here.

...because it's been announced that UAE and Saudi Arabia will pick up the slack in Syria.   :shrug:

:bigsilly:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2018, 07:39:42 pm »
WASHINGTON (AP) — Brett McGurk, the U.S. envoy to the global coalition fighting the Islamic State group, has resigned in protest over President Donald Trump's abrupt decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, a U.S. official said, joining Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in an administration exodus of experienced national security figures.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-envoy-anti-coalition-quits-over-trumps-syria-160834367--politics.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2018, 08:53:25 pm »

Everyone will draw their own conclusions.