Author Topic: Melania Trump Unveils the 2018 White House Christmas Decorations, and They’re Straight Out of Gilead  (Read 4840 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Christmas showcases ‘Spirit of Patriotism’
by Paul Bedard
 | November 26, 2018 09:34 AM

more w/video of short tour
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/trump-christmas-showcases-spirit-of-patriotism

First lady Melania Trump has unveiled the first family’s Christmas theme and it focuses on the “American Treasures” of the nation and a special focus on the country’s “spirit of patriotism.”

“This is a joyous time of year when we decorate the White House for the Christmas Season,” said he first lady in announcing the decorations. “Our theme honors the heart and spirit of the American people,” she added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It’s that time of year again: Melania Trump has unveiled the 2018 White House Christmas decorations (they are very pointedly described as Christmas decorations, not “holiday”), and the Internet’s reactions to the First Lady’s interior design choices were as mixed as ever. Trump once again revealed the decor courtesy of a highly stylized video montage, in which she wanders around her home surveying, well, a ton of holiday stuff; and once again, it seems that FLOTUS has chosen a theme more inspired by hell than a holly, jolly Christmas.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-unveils-2018-white-173604907.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

There’s a short video at the link. The trees with white lights in one of the rooms is nice, but the choice of the red forest is.....interesting.

Offline RoosGirl

There’s a short video at the link. The trees with white lights in one of the rooms is nice, but the choice of the red forest is.....interesting.

LOL. Oh joy and happiness.  Their decorations are the gifts that keep on giving. Sooooo much fun to be had.

You know someone is going to Photoshop the two little girls from The Shining into that hall of red trees.

REDRUM baby!

Offline edpc

Melania Trump's 'Blood' Red White House Holiday Trees Bestow the Internet With So Many Gifts

http://time.com/5463388/melania-trump-christmas-decorations-trees-memes/

I’m not sure if this wreath of ‘Be Best’ pencils symbolizes the watchful eye of Trump....or the other end.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:48:29 pm by edpc »

Offline mountaineer

Sure, let's bring back the Clinton sex toy Christmas tree!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

Or the Obama Mao-y Christmas!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Theme is:  "American Treasures"

This year's theme is 'American Treasures,' which will honor the 'unique heritage of America,' the East Wing announced Monday morning, with
several ornaments featuring engravings of the White House itself

Lots more photos here, including several American city etchings:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6430263/Melania-Trump-announces-White-House-Christmas-plans-theme-American-Treasures.html

Official 2018 WH Ornament

Offline mountaineer

Obama’s Mao Balls Get Pitched into Trash Heap of History – Patriotism Is Back In the White House
 by Jim Hoft
 November 26, 2018

Back in 2009 President Obama and First Lady Michelle decorated the annual Christmas Tree with Christmas tree balls of mass-killer Mao Tse Tong and and photos of Barack Obama.

But those days are over.  The Mao balls were pitched into the trash heap of history.

On Monday First Lady Melania Trump revealed the annual White House Christmas decorations. Like last year, this year’s display is one of superior style, beauty and reverence.

There were even patriotic Christmas balls with photos of George Washington.  ... Gateway Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

Offline goodwithagun

It looks like that time of the year month.

Whose job is it to make sure the strings are tucked in?
I stand with Roosgirl.

I have to laugh at the ridiculousness of commercials.  A coat and gloves through the White House?

The WH was decorated over the Thanksgiving weekend while the Trumps were in Mar-a-Lago.  She took a tour of the finished product after exiting Marine One upon their return.  I'm guessing she kept the coat on because she was wearing jeans.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:49:22 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

They use those to string the popcorn..

Seriously?  Where did all the self-respecting women go?   

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:51:57 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4T4dDOtng

! No longer available

Her gloves look like they are ready to slap someone across the face for insubordination.......I LOVE IT!!!

BTW what the hell is Gilead?

Offline RoosGirl

The WH was decorated over the Thanksgiving weekend while the Trumps were in Mar-a-Lago.  She took a tour of the finished product after exiting Marine One upon their return.  I'm guessing she kept the coat on because she was wearing jeans.

I love going on Thanksgiving vacay in Palm Beach and coming home and the servants have the house decorated for Christmas.

Offline edpc

The new name for the USA in Handmaid's Tale.

Offline libertybele

The red Christmas trees are hideous.  The rest of the decorations are ok.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goodwithagun

Seriously?  Where did all the self-respecting women go?

Find out who’s peeing in your Cheerios every morning and make it a priority to stop them.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Wingnut

Darmok and Gilead at Tanagra.  His arms wide open.

Find out who’s peeing in your Cheerios every morning and make it a priority to stop them.

There was a time a few years ago @goodwithagun when women would be insulted by anything resembling your post.  Now even self-proclaimed conservative women jump in and up the ante.  Asking where self-respecting women went has nothing to do with "peeing in Cheerios" --- another classy example --- it's a serious question.   

Try remembering there's a high road, too.