Author Topic: Melania Trump Unveils the 2018 White House Christmas Decorations, and They’re Straight Out of Gilead  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The thing is, the times you’ve been cornered by others you are also posting on other threads, clearly not living life outside this forum. I don’t take it personally, I actually enjoy that you have been bested and can’t graciously accept it. It’s fun.

OMG .. Welcome to the Web's finest chat room for shut-ins.   :laughingdog:

I'm not going to waste any more time with you @goodwithagun  --- but now you have something to chat about, so do be a dear and thank me.   88devil

Offline Applewood

Wow!  This thread deteriorated into a pissing match in a hurry. 

Getting back to the topic -- personally, I'm not a fan of ostentatious Christmas displays, but this is the White House and I guess gaudy Christmas decorations are almost a requirement. 

But I will say this display is a helluva lot better than the trash the Obamas sported during their White House years.

Online mountaineer

But I will say this display is a helluva lot better than the trash the Obamas sported during their White House years.
That's a given. Also, I didn't realize those red trees were made from cranberries.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RoosGirl

That's a given. Also, I didn't realize those red trees were made from cranberries.

Guess they found something to do with all the extra cranberry crop this year.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Also mentioned on Flotus thread
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

There’s a short video at the link. The trees with white lights in one of the rooms is nice, but the choice of the red forest is.....interesting.

I saw someone say they looked like they came from the Red Wedding.

Online roamer_1

The red Christmas trees are hideous.  The rest of the decorations are ok.

Honestly... That mottled red reminds me of shag carpeting I had back in the day. I literally had to look closely.

Offline aligncare

In matters of taste there can be no dispute. Some Latin guy said that. Only, he said it in Latin.  happy77

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I do have staff, if by staff you mean kids. The seven year old knows how mommy likes her coffee.
Irish?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

OMG .. Welcome to the Web's finest chat room for shut-ins.   :laughingdog:

I'm not going to waste any more time with you @goodwithagun  --- but now you have something to chat about, so do be a dear and thank me.   88devil

2018: The year Christmas came early.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

Shaka, when the walls fell.

The problem with this scenario is that the metaphors are meaningless without an underlying story. Telling the underlying story requires actual words. They cannot create a metaphor with other metaphors which have no meaning without knowing the story of those metaphors. This episode was stupid, in my opinion.

We can say for example, 'Scotty on the Enterprise...too slow', which would translate to, 'Damn it Scotty I need more power, or we're all dead!'. But there is no way to know the meaning of the phrase without knowing who Scotty is in the first place. Nevermind. I'm just being overly pedantic. Suspension of disbelief is hard for me when the plot of the story is so stupid that it becomes insulting.

Well that was putting 10 dollars worth of thought into a 2 dollar problem!   But you do make several good points!
@240B
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Kalhua please
I was always partial to Tia Maria. My wife worked for a doctor who invited the staff to his wedding and reception, one of only two times in my life I have been totally blitzed, I drank all the Tia Maria they had(and they had A LOT!)

Offline Frank Cannon

Tribute to the creator of Spongebob passing?

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Frank Cannon

"Hey! Youze gotta get over here. The cranberry trees are in and the harvest is going to be huuuuuge."

Online mountaineer

"Hey! Youze gotta get over here. The cranberry trees are in and the harvest is going to be huuuuuge."
In another couple of days, they're going to have to cook all those cranberries into sauce and will need a few truckloads of turkey to go with it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well that was putting 10 dollars worth of thought into a 2 dollar problem!   But you do make several good points!
@240B
@The Ghost

Timba, his arms wide.
See the source image
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:33:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sokath, his eyes open.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

There’s a short video at the link. The trees with white lights in one of the rooms is nice, but the choice of the red forest is.....interesting.

Melania was born in Novo Mesto, Slovenia and raised in the Eastern European tradition.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2018/dec/03/blog-posting/no-red-trees-dont-symbolize-blood-jesus-and-resurr/

And:  "...first lady Melania Trump was born in Slovenia, which is in south central Europe, not eastern Europe."

I was wondering how you dyed a tree anyway.  It would take a really big vat.  And, red over green makes brown.

Online mountaineer

Slovenia is beautiful, at least what we saw of it from the train (we were traveling from Zagreb to Salzburg, as I recall). I'd like to go back.