Author Topic: ‘Never Trumpers’ unite to back Trump’s battle for Kavanaugh  (Read 28530 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   What are you doing up, so early @Emjay   :smokin:

I have to get up early to take my little puppy for a walk before it gets really hot.  And I have to take a couple of minutes to be a voice for reason before I go.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have to get up early to take my little puppy for a walk before it gets really hot.  And I have to take a couple of minutes to be a voice for reason before I go.

In my experience, puppies don't appreciate voices of reason unless it involves eating or chasing a ball.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
In my experience, puppies don't appreciate voices of reason unless it involves eating or chasing a ball.

Sanguine, puppies are not the only critters who fail to appreciate voices of reason.  Smitty really hates it when I sing to him or recite poetry to him.  And I'm not even sure that my dear friend, @corbe appreciates my voice of reason.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Holy smokes...I'm amazed, as always, by those who will support Trump whatever his position on any issue may be and those that don't can seemingly turn a simple tread into a marathon opus....

This great country in in peril, not because the politician of the day, be it Trump or anyone else, but because of the moral rot that has permeated the county as a whole since the 60's. The founders recognized the fragility of the experiment with the Constitutional Republic they were setting up.... knowing that it would only have a chance for success if the those consenting to be governed were "righteous" and were governed by those who were beyond moral reproach.

It often seems to me that both the political left and right are basically sports fans who don't like sports so they found another hobby. Unfortunately, it was politics.... both the political right and left have been successful in equating Conservatism with the political right, which in my view is totally inaccurate.

Conservatism, is a lifestyle, an inbred philosophy and way of life that, if lucky, one is born into. God, country and service is the way of ones life. A Conservative in my view does not pick and chose, nor distinguish their political beliefs from other parts of their life.

Trump, made a good pick and got a good SC but that in no way implies the man is a Conservative... :shrug:

Amen.  Great post.

Trump has turned the presidency into comedy reality show.  Yes he has done some good things.  He has also been very bad for debt.  He hasn't even come close to the finish line on campaign promises.  Backward on debt.  Building 100 million dollar 4 mile sections of wall. Bad!   Jobs are up. 2 new Supreme Court justices.  Great!

Tickets to Trump rallies get a comedy show.  Mocker in Chief.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sanguine, puppies are not the only critters who fail to appreciate voices of reason.  Smitty really hates it when I sing to him or recite poetry to him.  And I'm not even sure that my dear friend, @corbe appreciates my voice of reason.

Odd.  My puppies don't seem to appreciate my singing either. 

Offline corbe

@Emjay As an Avowed NT'er I already have too many voices in my head for yours to be heard, much less understood.   wink777
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Holy smokes...I'm amazed, as always, by those who will support Trump whatever his position on any issue may be and those that don't can seemingly turn a simple tread into a marathon opus....

This great country in in peril, not because the politician of the day, be it Trump or anyone else, but because of the moral rot that has permeated the county as a whole since the 60's. The founders recognized the fragility of the experiment with the Constitutional Republic they were setting up.... knowing that it would only have a chance for success if the those consenting to be governed were "righteous" and were governed by those who were beyond moral reproach.

It often seems to me that both the political left and right are basically sports fans who don't like sports so they found another hobby. Unfortunately, it was politics.... both the political right and left have been successful in equating Conservatism with the political right, which in my view is totally inaccurate.

Conservatism, is a lifestyle, an inbred philosophy and way of life that, if lucky, one is born into. God, country and service is the way of ones life. A Conservative in my view does not pick and chose, nor distinguish their political beliefs from other parts of their life.

Trump, made a good pick and got a good SC but that in no way implies the man is a Conservative... :shrug:

@montanajoe   I'm conservative myself and I don't like the current social fads concerning sexual mores either, but remember the pendulum always swings. 

I think you are being somewhat dismissive of people who are interested in politics.  They are not like sports fans at all.  Sports are fun.  It may make us blue if our team loses but not despondent.  I was despondent over the recent battle about Judge Kavanaugh.  I was terrified that this good man could be ruined by an evil woman and her cohorts.

And I think you are unfairly dismissive about Trump.  He is not an Ideologue, he's more of a practical guy.  But his practical ideas have been quite beneficial to the country in many, many ways.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Emjay As an Avowed NT'er I already have too many voices in my head for yours to be heard, much less understood.   wink777

@corbe   Should I stop talking then?

Offline corbe

@corbe   Should I stop talking then?

Absolutely not, It's all just 'white noise' and usually relaxes me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

@montanajoe   I'm conservative myself and I don't like the current social fads concerning sexual mores either, but remember the pendulum always swings. 

I think you are being somewhat dismissive of people who are interested in politics.  They are not like sports fans at all.  Sports are fun.  It may make us blue if our team loses but not despondent.  I was despondent over the recent battle about Judge Kavanaugh.  I was terrified that this good man could be ruined by an evil woman and her cohorts.

And I think you are unfairly dismissive about Trump.  He is not an Ideologue, he's more of a practical guy.  But his practical ideas have been quite beneficial to the country in many, many ways.

...who’s gotten big things done in the face of tremendous opposition, and resistance even from within his own party. Think of that. Every president in recent memory got a honeymoon after election – Trump got incoming mortar fire. Yet, he beat them all back and is winning in spite of treacherous state actors and actions to undermine his presidency.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:31:41 am by aligncare »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
...who’s gotten big things done in the face of tremendous opposition, and resistance even from within his own party. Think of that. Every president in recent memory got a honeymoon after election – Trump got incoming mortar fire. Yet, he beat them all back and is winning in spite treacherous state actors and actions to undermine his presidency.

I know @aligncare   It is funny to be how unflappable he is.  It is hysterical.  He does not feel the blows and he gives much better than he gets.  He is truly the President for these times.  It's taken me a while to appreciate that because I used to cringe a little at some of his tweets, but no more.

He's managed to turn the entertainment community leftists into caricatures as they've gone nuts with rage at their inability to bring him down. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Absolutely not, It's all just 'white noise' and usually relaxes me.

Ouch, corbe, that is just mean.

Offline corbe

Ouch, corbe, that is just mean.

You are a White Woman, am I correct?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

SMH......always the bleep.   **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

It's encouraging @DCPatriot that after 16 pages someone still gives a $hit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

That information is currently unavailable to you, corbe.

Offline Axeslinger

Ha, ha, ha @Night Hides Not   Recent developments here have caused me to understand your position, if not totally agree with it.

@Emjay

I’m sorry.  I trust you know why.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

I’m sorry.  I trust you know why.

I don't, but my memory is not all that great.

Offline Axeslinger

I don't, but my memory is not all that great.
@Emjay
I was one of those who have given you a ration of crap.   I painted you with too broad a brush.  I was wrong and I apologize.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:10:45 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
SMH......always the bleep.   **nononono*

@corbe is just following your example.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

It's encouraging @DCPatriot that after 16 pages someone still gives a $hit.

As far as I can tell they don't.  This thread is a whose who in butt kissing.  Kavanaugh was old news as soon as the vote was over.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
As far as I can tell they don't.  This thread is a whose who in butt kissing.  Kavanaugh was old news as soon as the vote was over.

Just wait until it gets to the point where we are discussing Lincoln and the Civil War.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Just wait until it gets to the point where we are discussing Lincoln and the Civil War.

That would be older news.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
...who’s gotten big things done in the face of tremendous opposition, and resistance even from within his own party. Think of that. Every president in recent memory got a honeymoon after election – Trump got incoming mortar fire. Yet, he beat them all back and is winning in spite of treacherous state actors and actions to undermine his presidency.

goopo

Quite true, and Kavanaugh really was a favorite of a lot of establishment types, small wonder, McConnell and Graham were at the forefront of this fight.

Perhaps, to an extent, they are unified now. Let's see how well that can work and if it is not too late.

Offline Chosen Daughter

goopo

Quite true, and Kavanaugh really was a favorite of a lot of establishment types, small wonder, McConnell and Graham were at the forefront of this fight.

Perhaps, to an extent, they are unified now. Let's see how well that can work and if it is not too late.

Establishment types, Rhino's?  According to Susan Collins Kavanaugh should have been a golden gift to Democrats from the Republican party.  I have no complaints as long as his decisions are based on the Constitution.  But when Collins went on about same sex marriage and abortion I wondered what their problem with him was?  I understand legal precedence.  Can't really fault him.  But we will have to wait and see which way Kavanaugh rolls.

My guess is going to be the direction Republicans have been going for a long time.  Further left.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:30:48 am by Chosen Daughter »