Author Topic: ‘Never Trumpers’ unite to back Trump’s battle for Kavanaugh  (Read 28202 times)

Offline Hoodat

Well, news flash.  It is not his fault.

Unbelievable.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
And you just love to blame him, don't you?  Well, news flash.  It is not his fault.

News Flash

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

And you just love to blame him, don't you?  Well, news flash.  It is not his fault.

@Emjay
It's never his fault.  Somehow he was always tricked or thwarted.  Often by the GOPe and rats he gave campaign contributions too  How could it be Trump's fault when he said the spending bills he signed were "unacceptable?"  Look up the word "unacceptable" Never Trumpers and decide if you want to live in a world where rat's can accuse a SCOTUS nominee of filthy behavior and lose.    /sarc

Who is to blame when a GOP President, Senate, and House continue with the same practices they campaigned against?

! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:03:21 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Not yours or mine.  Never happen.  I have my sights on defunding Planned Parenthood.  It is unconstitutional for our government to force Americans to pay for abortion.

Do you think it is unconstitutional to force pacifists to pay tax money to support the military?

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

Not yours or mine.  Never happen.  I have my sights on defunding Planned Parenthood.  It is unconstitutional for our government to force Americans to pay for abortion.

Do you think it is unconstitutional to force pacifists to pay tax money to support the military?

At least we've determined that our tax money does indeed fund abortion.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

Interesting question.

Along that line since I believe it’s morally wrong to accept government handouts, I suppose I could demand that portion of my money that goes to pay for welfare deducted from my tax bill.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:45:22 pm by aligncare »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Actually @Chosen Daughter it's unconstitutional for our government to *force* Americans to pay for anything.

That being said, what other expenditures would you like to see on the chopping block?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:59:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Wow what a typical leftist trap question.  So much for your cries of unite!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow what a typical leftist trap question.  So much for your cries of unite!

It's an interesting line of thought, but unfortunately @Jazzhead picked one of the very few Constitutional duties of the federal government to use here.  Yes, pacifists living in the US should have to pay to fund the military.  Welfare - no. 

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

No, not at all.

Preamble:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of ...

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline roamer_1

It's an interesting line of thought, but unfortunately @Jazzhead picked one of the very few Constitutional duties of the federal government to use here.  Yes, pacifists living in the US should have to pay to fund the military.  Welfare - no.

That's right. Welfare, Social Security, etcetera ad infinitum - All may have a place, but that place is not the federal government.

:beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.”

― James Madison
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

No, because it is in the Constitution to fund the military.  It is necessary for the defense of the country.  How could it be unconstitutional when it is in the Constitution?

It isn't however in the Constitution that people must pay to kill babies.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That's right. Welfare, Social Security, etcetera ad infinitum - All may have a place, but that place is not the federal government.

:beer:

Yep that is unconstitutional also.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Actually @Chosen Daughter it's unconstitutional for our government to *force* Americans to pay for anything.

That being said, what other expenditures would you like to see on the chopping block?

Common sense cuts to welfare.  Like forcing people to raise illegal immigrant families.  Providing food, phones, health........

And before you or anyone says illegals can't get welfare, yes they can and do.  All part of chain migration and children they have during their illegal stay in the United States. 

That is charity and its unconstitutional to force me to pay for it.  It is charity and it is illegal.  Against our laws yet we still allow it.  Thousands come across the border every day.  And a four mile section of fence here and there isn't going to stop them.  It takes maybe an hour to walk around.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Common sense cuts to welfare.  Like forcing people to raise illegal immigrant families.  Providing food, phones, health........

And before you or anyone says illegals can't get welfare, yes they can and do.  All part of chain migration and children they have during their illegal stay in the United States. 

That is charity and its unconstitutional to force me to pay for it.  It is charity and it is illegal.  Against our laws yet we still allow it.  Thousands come across the border every day.  And a four mile section of fence here and there isn't going to stop them.  It takes maybe an hour to walk around.

Just getting rid of the duplication, waste, fraud, and abuse within the fed gov itself would be a very good thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

What services are invaluable, and incapable for the several states to administer?

Military
Foreign Services
Interstate and international due process/interdiction (Federal LEO)
Weights and measures

What else?

Offline roamer_1

Add
Coin of the Realm
Interstate systems (road, track, navigable waterways)

Offline Hoodat

Along that line since I believe it’s morally wrong to accept government handouts, I suppose I could demand that portion of my money that goes to pay for welfare deducted from my tax bill.

@aligncare

That portion is in excess of 100%.  Every single dollar collected from the federal income tax still does not cover the amount paid in direct payment handouts (entitlements [sic]) to individuals.  Every single dollar you pay in federal income tax goes towards income redistribution.  Every single dollar.  Our government borrows to pay for everything else (defense, etc.)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You would think a lawyer would know those kind of things.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

You would think a lawyer would know those kind of things.

A lawyer would know those kind of things.  Anyone who does not has no business being a lawyer.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay
It's never his fault.  Somehow he was always tricked or thwarted.  Often by the GOPe and rats he gave campaign contributions too  How could it be Trump's fault when he said the spending bills he signed were "unacceptable?"  Look up the word "unacceptable" Never Trumpers and decide if you want to live in a world where rat's can accuse a SCOTUS nominee of filthy behavior and lose.    /sarc

Who is to blame when a GOP President, Senate, and House continue with the same practices they campaigned against?

! No longer available

@Once-Ler   There are two sides to that coin.  It is sometimes his fault, but in your world, it is ALWAYS his fault.  Your world is a strange one, by the way.  A lot of us see progress.  We see an improving economy.  We see a President who unashamedly promotes his own country.  We see a man who is able to make International trade deals favorable to America when no other President even tried.

We see a President who supports the military and the police.  We see one who desperately wants to protect our country from being overwhelmed with illegal immigrants but who has been thwarted in those efforts by Obama appointed judges and a timid Congress.

We also see a guy who has no filter; who shoots his mouth off constantly and who offends a lot of people.

But, we don't care.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Just getting rid of the duplication, waste, fraud, and abuse within the fed gov itself would be a very good thing!

Yeah, Bigun.  It doesn't get much press but Trump has made a lot of efforts to cut back useless and duplicate government agencies.  Sometimes it's good to have a practical business man on board.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

@Once-Ler   There are two sides to that coin.  It is sometimes his fault, but in your world, it is ALWAYS his fault.  Your world is a strange one, by the way.  A lot of us see progress.  We see an improving economy.  We see a President who unashamedly promotes his own country.  We see a man who is able to make International trade deals favorable to America when no other President even tried.

We see a President who supports the military and the police.  We see one who desperately wants to protect our country from being overwhelmed with illegal immigrants but who has been thwarted in those efforts by Obama appointed judges and a timid Congress.

We also see a guy who has no filter; who shoots his mouth off constantly and who offends a lot of people.

But, we don't care.

When he took the oath of office, Trump was handed the nuclear football. Damn right it's his "fault", when he signs legislation that he's publicly railed against. Can't have it both ways.

By his actions, he's demonstrated he's not against illegal immigration as much as you think. He has a long, documented history of hiring foreign workers at his resorts.

Believe me, when it comes to Trump, we KNOW you don't care. He has carte blanche to do whatever he wants, because it's all couched in MAGA and Winning!

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
When he took the oath of office, Trump was handed the nuclear football. Damn right it's his "fault", when he signs legislation that he's publicly railed against. Can't have it both ways.

By his actions, he's demonstrated he's not against illegal immigration as much as you think. He has a long, documented history of hiring foreign workers at his resorts.

Believe me, when it comes to Trump, we KNOW you don't care. He has carte blanche to do whatever he wants, because it's all couched in MAGA and Winning!

Most real conservatives do care, though.  It's just that... with the economy going so swimmingly at the moment, with the military being rebuilt and revamped... which means national security is increased, most of us are willing to give Trump some leeway on the issues we do not give him an "A+" approval on.  Issues like the spiraling, out of control debt/deficit, which ... if not curbed, will eventually collapse our economy completely like a deflated balloon, or like an exploded and crashed Hindenburg.

My main concern is how clueless Trump might be as to the efforts and tactics of the left re: tanking our economy under his "guidance".... which they are no doubt working feverishly on behind the scenes.  He seems to come off as clueless about such things at times... but makes you wonder if it's all an act.  Time will tell, I guess.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.