Author Topic: ‘Never Trumpers’ unite to back Trump’s battle for Kavanaugh  (Read 28203 times)

Offline corbe

Good Point @TomSea but both Gorsuch and Kavanaugh should NOT have been a stretch for the GOP, since McConnell went thermal.
   Hypothetically, how would a Strict Constitutionalist like Cruz or Lee fare through that good ol boys club, even being that they are universally hated by that august body?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Can't really fault him.  But we will have to wait and see which way Kavanaugh rolls.

YEP.

My guess is going to be the direction Republicans have been going for a long time.  Further left.

Yep, sommore. Trading a Scalia and a Kennedy for two Kennedys is going in the wrong direction. Jussayin.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
YEP.

Yep, sommore. Trading a Scalia and a Kennedy for two Kennedys is going in the wrong direction. Jussayin.

If you keep telling yourself that you are 'winning' over and over again, you may one day believe it - despite evidence to the contrary.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
YEP.

I don't think the US will ever recover from GOP adopting to social justice madness.  We have allowed our morals to be tossed in the wind for too long.  A more Conservative Judge could not be confirmed at this time.  Look what they did to a moderate judge.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

If you keep telling yourself that you are 'winning' over and over again, you may one day believe it - despite evidence to the contrary.

Yeah, that don't work for me.  :shrug:
Every time I have to drag myself back up off the ground, I know that ain't winning.
Funny that way, I guess.

Offline roamer_1

I don't think the US will ever recover from GOP adopting to social justice madness.  We have allowed our morals to be tossed in the wind for too long.  A more Conservative Judge could not be confirmed at this time.  Look what they did to a moderate judge.

Maybe so. But that suggests that any part of what you are seeing is real...

Turtle, the Great Conservative Parliamentarian...
Susan Collins, the Great Conservative Orator...
Lindsay Friggin Elf-shoes Graham (Lindsay Friggin Graham, now), the Great Conservative Warrior...

Gimme a break *****rollingeyes*****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yeah, that don't work for me.  :shrug:
Every time I have to drag myself back up off the ground, I know that ain't winning.
Funny that way, I guess.

Defeatist.

No one likes negativity Hoss.    So we have been told repeatedly.

Isaiah 30:10 dude.  We be living in it.

Reality is too tough for snowflakes and it's not fair.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

You left out that Great Conservative Warrior Joe Manchin.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Defeatist.

Yeah... It's what I do. Not seeking after truth... Just being contrary, doncha know.

No one likes negativity Hoss.    So we have been told repeatedly.

Rose (orange) colored glasses just ain't my thing.

Isaiah 30:10 dude.  We be living in it.

AND HOW.

Offline roamer_1

You left out that Great Conservative Warrior Joe Manchin.

IKR? Who's buying this crap?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Maybe so. But that suggests that any part of what you are seeing is real...

Turtle, the Great Conservative Parliamentarian...
Susan Collins, the Great Conservative Orator...
Lindsay Friggin Elf-shoes Graham (Lindsay Friggin Graham, now), the Great Conservative Warrior...

Gimme a break *****rollingeyes*****

The only way you will find Conservatism these days would be to go outside the GOP.

Lindsay Friggin Elf-shoes Graham  :mauslaff:  I think Mr. Elf is going way overboard now.  Hard to take him seriously.  He's trying to impress way to hard.  Trump and Elf shoes are like the Odd Couple.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:17:42 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

Trump and Elf shoes are like the Odd Couple.

LOL!

Just wait...
We still have to see how that Ultra-Conservative new senator from the Great State of Utah fits into this mess...  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

LOL!

Just wait...
We still have to see how that Ultra-Conservative new senator from the Great State of Utah fits into this mess...  *****rollingeyes*****

Who's that?

Offline roamer_1

Offline Chosen Daughter

Mitt Romney.

Nothing new about than roamer.  That's recycling.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay
I was one of those who have given you a ration of crap.   I painted you with too broad a brush.  I was wrong and I apologize.

Oh, @Axeslinger  You weren't that bad and I totally forgive you and deeply appreciate the apology.  It is a rare thing for me to get.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

Romney's a Republican first and foremost he'll do everything he can to protect the Brand, even it he's convinced he has to destroy Trump to do that..  Stock up on popcorn.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Establishment types, Rhino's?  According to Susan Collins Kavanaugh should have been a golden gift to Democrats from the Republican party.  I have no complaints as long as his decisions are based on the Constitution.  But when Collins went on about same sex marriage and abortion I wondered what their problem with him was?  I understand legal precedence.  Can't really fault him.  But we will have to wait and see which way Kavanaugh rolls.

My guess is going to be the direction Republicans have been going for a long time.  Further left.

C'mon you guys.  I think Kavanaugh will be a great Justice.  He had to take certain lines to get by the idiots.  He's made so many decisions in his time on lower courts and all of them have been beyond criticism.  I'm thinking and hoping he will be a strong states rights advocate and will help states to pass anti-abortion laws statewise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   Romney's a Republican first and foremost he'll do everything he can to protect the Brand, even it he's convinced he has to destroy Trump to do that..  Stock up on popcorn.

Romney is a weak guy.  I couldn't believe how he laid down in the second debate with Obama after showing a little something in the first one.  Obama should have been a piece of cake for Romney to out-debate.  Obama is dumb.  I don't think Trump has much to fear from Romney.

Offline corbe

Your Boys just made a a valiant Goal Line stand
   Houston 16
   Dallas 13 
   4th quarter.

Incidentally Romney's Niece runs the GOP and has a lot of power especially now that they fired the Fixer, Cohen.

Offline goatprairie

Romney is a weak guy.  I couldn't believe how he laid down in the second debate with Obama after showing a little something in the first one.  Obama should have been a piece of cake for Romney to out-debate.  Obama is dumb.  I don't think Trump has much to fear from Romney.
One thing that Trump gets right about Democrats is that you can't be nice them...because they certainly will not be nice to you. You have to tell the truth about them.
Tell the truth....Dems are scoundrels. Both McCain and Romney tried to be nice. They both got beat.

Offline Chosen Daughter

C'mon you guys.  I think Kavanaugh will be a great Justice.  He had to take certain lines to get by the idiots.  He's made so many decisions in his time on lower courts and all of them have been beyond criticism.  I'm thinking and hoping he will be a strong states rights advocate and will help states to pass anti-abortion laws statewise.

Not yours or mine.  Never happen.  I have my sights on defunding Planned Parenthood.  It is unconstitutional for our government to force Americans to pay for abortion.

Offline Hoodat

I have my sights on defunding Planned Parenthood.  It is unconstitutional for our government to force Americans to pay for abortion.

I have my sights set on NOT funding Planned Parenthood.  Every year, it requires action and a vote to fund them.  Without that action or vote, they would not receive a dime of taxpayer money.

The term 'defund' implies an action be taken, when in reality no action at all is required.  Unfortunately, our Republicans take action each and every year to hand over $500 million of our money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

I have my sights set on NOT funding Planned Parenthood.  Every year, it requires action and a vote to fund them.  Without that action or vote, they would not receive a dime of taxpayer money.

The term 'defund' implies an action be taken, when in reality no action at all is required.  Unfortunately, our Republicans take action each and every year to hand over $500 million of our money.

And we must not exclude the president from this failure.  He keeps signing it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And we must not exclude the president from this failure.  He keeps signing it.

And you just love to blame him, don't you?  Well, news flash.  It is not his fault.