Author Topic: ‘Never Trumpers’ unite to back Trump’s battle for Kavanaugh  (Read 28533 times)

Offline RoosGirl

I'm going to have to get another job.

Hah, I had to get a part time job to afford it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hate. Heck no. Men like Jesus, Buddha and Gandhi exemplify the divine nature of mankind. Great folks to emulate...terrible men to use in a quest to condescend to your fellow man.

INVAR's approach to Christianity is embodied here:
 â€œEverything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats"

Good Lord!  Some people on this forum are as nasty as democrats and as hard to get along with.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@RoosGirl
@goodwithagun

The Aberlour 12 isn’t a bank breaker and is a very nice highland single malt.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goodwithagun

@RoosGirl
@goodwithagun

Taking that into consideration! I’ll peruse the liquor store tomorrow.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

@RoosGirl
@goodwithagun

Are they Catholic or Protestant?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

I'm trying the Balvenie.  Very, very nice.

@Sanguine

Lord, that's upper-class imbibing!  Have a taste for me!

Silver Pines

Bunch of lushes on this forum

*sip*

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm going to have to get another job.

888mouth

I was in a little Irish pub conversing with a couple of old boys. Having a taste of this and that. Then one of those guys told the bartender, "give him some Jimmy's". The bartender brought out a plain quart jar. Talk about smooth. I was very impressed. They were impressed--with my stamina. And were nice enough to make sure I got back to the B&B.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Sheesh. Y'all have high-maintenance men... Throw a sixpack of PBR in the fridge for me to find every now and then, and I am a happy, happy guy...

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm trying the Balvenie.  Very, very nice.

Which one? The wrong answer puts you on ignore!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
888mouth

I was in a little Irish pub conversing with a couple of old boys. Having a taste of this and that. Then one of those guys told the bartender, "give him some Jimmy's". The bartender brought out a plain quart jar. Talk about smooth. I was very impressed. They were impressed--with my stamina. And were nice enough to make sure I got back to the B&B.

There's a lot to be said for stamina.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Are they Catholic or Protestant?

Speyside scotch....guessing they’re catholic.  It’s not the peaty type.  Some prefer smokier types, but this isn’t one.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bunch of lushes on this forum

*sip*

We do what we can.  happy77

Offline montanajoe

Holy smokes...I'm amazed, as always, by those who will support Trump whatever his position on any issue may be and those that don't can seemingly turn a simple tread into a marathon opus....

This great country in in peril, not because the politician of the day, be it Trump or anyone else, but because of the moral rot that has permeated the county as a whole since the 60's. The founders recognized the fragility of the experiment with the Constitutional Republic they were setting up.... knowing that it would only have a chance for success if the those consenting to be governed were "righteous" and were governed by those who were beyond moral reproach.

It often seems to me that both the political left and right are basically sports fans who don't like sports so they found another hobby. Unfortunately, it was politics.... both the political right and left have been successful in equating Conservatism with the political right, which in my view is totally inaccurate.

Conservatism, is a lifestyle, an inbred philosophy and way of life that, if lucky, one is born into. God, country and service is the way of ones life. A Conservative in my view does not pick and chose, nor distinguish their political beliefs from other parts of their life.

Trump, made a good pick and got a good SC but that in no way implies the man is a Conservative... :shrug:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 02:38:34 am by montanajoe »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Which one? The wrong answer puts you on ignore!

Doublewood, 12 years.

You just had to get me to say that.   :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

Doublewood, 12 years.

You just had to get me to say that.   :whistle:

Well done. Here is your new avatar.....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Well done. Here is your new avatar.....

Yeah, like you could put me on ignore.   :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah, like you could put me on ignore.   :laugh:

Of course not. I dig chicks with whips.

Offline Mesaclone

@Mesaclone

What great accomplishments did I ignore?  Please be specific.

Having listed them many times, and others having done the same, feel free to review posting histories or simply look them up yourself. I'd certainly start with the lowest unemployment rate since 1969, rising wages, and multiple Supreme Court appointments...beating Hillary in the election should count as well, as its near certainty that no other Republican could have done so. You could then turn to other economic items like the renegotiation of NAFTA...and work up from there.

Its all well and good to point out his shortcomings...increasing the deficit certainly qualifies...but consider the alternative with these as well...a government shutdown that would launch the Dems to a broad electoral victory in 2018 and 2020 for example.  But feel free to explore such issues on your own...its not my task to persuade you, I simply am asking you to look at ALL the facts/accomplishments of the President...as well as his failures (which are, interestingly, akin to Reagan's failures back in the 80's).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline goodwithagun

Sheesh. Y'all have high-maintenance men... Throw a sixpack of PBR in the fridge for me to find every now and then, and I am a happy, happy guy...

Meh. Stops him from complaining about me getting my nails done  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline aligncare

Having listed them many times, and others having done the same, feel free to review posting histories or simply look them up yourself. I'd certainly start with the lowest unemployment rate since 1969, rising wages, and multiple Supreme Court appointments...beating Hillary in the election should count as well, as its near certainty that no other Republican could have done so. You could then turn to other economic items like the renegotiation of NAFTA...and work up from there.

Its all well and good to point out his shortcomings...increasing the deficit certainly qualifies...but consider the alternative with these as well...a government shutdown that would launch the Dems to a broad electoral victory in 2018 and 2020 for example.  But feel free to explore such issues on your own...its not my task to persuade you, I simply am asking you to look at ALL the facts/accomplishments of the President...as well as his failures (which are, interestingly, akin to Reagan's failures back in the 80's).

You have the patience of a saint @Mesaclone

Why bother trying to educate Trump’s critics? They’ll just keep moving the goalposts and find something else to criticize – unless of course you really are a saint ...OMG! Mesaclone is a saint! Right here @TBR!

:0001:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

<Comment on the topic, not the other posters.>
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:28:23 pm by Mod2 »

Offline goodwithagun

@Mesaclone   <Comment on the topic, not the other posters.>

Because <Comment on the topic, not the other posters.>
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:29:54 pm by Mod2 »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
womp, womp

Offline corbe

What are you doing up, so early @Emjay   :smokin:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.