Author Topic: Another Prominent Anti-Trump Republican Just Went Down In Minnesota. Here's Why This Keeps Happening  (Read 22308 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If you're looking for morality from government, you're looking in the wrong place.

So we should just expect wickedness and tyranny from government then.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@musiclady   If you want to change your party (and, in so doing, support a really evil party) that is totally your business.

It's beginning to seem like I'm not the one who is obsessed with crudeness.  Other people seem to enjoy talking about it so they can say how offended they are.

@Emjay

And they are doing their little superiority dances while doing it. If they didn't have something to offend them,they just wouldn't be happy and have to invent it themselves. Which is a large part of what they do here. They post what they post so that everyone can see how much more moral and proper they are than anyone else.

The truth is that deep down they are nastier than Trump has ever been.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

As usual - you Trump fanatics are disgustingly wrong - just like your Leftist counterparts who also engage in defining deviancy down and ascribing it to everyone so as to excuse  the one whom they have made their ruler.  Except you guys have tossed a nice twist in there "Let us sin all the more that grace may abound!"

Some of us were raised with morals that we did not discard because animal impulses overrode self control.  Something Trump still has not mastered.

@INVAR

Your mommy must be SOOO proud of you for finding so much pleasure in so much denial.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

And they are doing their little superiority dances while doing it. If they didn't have something to offend them,they just wouldn't be happy and have to invent it themselves. Which is a large part of what they do here. They post what they post so that everyone can see how much more moral and proper they are than anyone else.

The truth is that deep down they are nastier than Trump has ever been.

@sneakypete   I'm not gonna say that and I don't even think it but Luke had a little something to say about virtue signaling:

"The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don't cheat, I don't sin, and I don't commit adultery. I'm certainly not like that tax collector!"

There are people who should take that verse to heart.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete   I'm not gonna say that and I don't even think it but Luke had a little something to say about virtue signaling:

"The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don't cheat, I don't sin, and I don't commit adultery. I'm certainly not like that tax collector!"

@Emjay

Thank you! I had to laugh out loud at the line about the tax collector.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR

Your mommy must be SOOO proud of you for finding so much pleasure in so much denial.

We'll how about dumping the proof on the board about my denial there god.  Obviously you must be that all-knowing omniscient fairy tale imaginary being to be able to know how I comported myself among women decades ago to claim I am denying having behaved like Trump.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I imagine you were likely one of the very people outraged over Bill Clinton's behavior. 

We probably should have just ignored it and instead continued to think of him as good, moral, upright and a great statesman - or risk damnation for "judging" him.

As usual, you people do as the Left, and pervert the verse to accommodate licentiousness as something we should ignore in the character of our leaders and not consider or mention or discuss when it is OUR GUY in the White House.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I imagine you were likely one of the very people outraged over Bill Clinton's behavior. 

We probably should have just ignored it and instead continued to think of him as good, moral, upright and a great statesman - or risk damnation for "judging" him.

As usual, you people do as the Left, and pervert the verse to accommodate licentiousness as something we should ignore in the character of our leaders and not consider or mention or discuss when it is OUR GUY in the White House.

Well, @INVAR I was outraged over Clinton's behavior.  But Clinton abused or raped at least two women on record and probably many more.  To say nothing of actually having sex with a young employee in the Oval Office.  And, yes, it was with another complicit woman.  I think he and his wife were criminals.

But Trump simply indulged in some locker-room talk and he was actually amazed and decrying the behavior of women around a celebrity or especially a rich celebrity.  We see women hanging around concerts and sports venues offering themselves to the guys.  It's sad.

I don't personally think that Trump abused women.  Used, maybe.

And I'm glad you are a good person.  We need all the good people we can get.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
For some of us the situation is not different.

The fact that Trump bragged about grabbing women’s genitals and now Republicans don’t care because he gets things done doesn’t make the party more attractive.

It just makes us not want to be Republicans.

Your problem isn't really with the "party", though.  The party establishment detested Trump.  They just didn't have the votes to defeat him.

Your problem really is with those voters who voted for Trump in the primary, and presumably with those who support him now.  Absent that support from those ordinary voters/citizens, he'd be a footnote of a failed Presidential campaign.

But it should be realized that the voters whom you dislike aren't going go away just because Trump eventually will.  Third party efforts will run  into the same core problem: there simply are not enough voters who see things the way you do.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Thank you! I had to laugh out loud at the line about the tax collector.

@sneakypete   Yep.  All the years I went to Bible Class kind of inured me against proclaiming my own virtue.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well, @INVAR I was outraged over Clinton's behavior. 

So you judged him by your own admission simply because he was not the one you voted for.  How wonderfully hypocritical of you.

So Clinton denied having 'sex with that woman' and Trump bragged about it and admitted it - and, Clinton outraged you but Trump elates you.

I cannot help but laugh at the abject hypocrisy on display here.

And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good, except God alone." - Mark 10:18

BTW, you forgot to add the /sarc tag after you wrote that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@INVAR   You are hopeless.  You've twisted everything I said.  I don't think you are stupid but you are obviously blinded by hatred.  I'm putting you back on ignore because it's depressing to read clueless idiocy over and over again.

Offline Frank Cannon

That stiff Pawlenty is still around? What a joke. Besides ripping off Sarah Palins book cover, this guy is a loser. That is why he lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We'll how about dumping the proof on the board about my denial there god.  Obviously you must be that all-knowing omniscient fairy tale imaginary being to be able to know how I comported myself among women decades ago to claim I am denying having behaved like Trump.

@INVAR

The truth hurts,doesn't it?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@INVAR   You are hopeless.  You've twisted everything I said.  I don't think you are stupid but you are obviously blinded by hatred.  I'm putting you back on ignore because it's depressing to read clueless idiocy over and over again.

Yes.  Please.

Put me back on ignore, because I have no intention of shutting up, regardless if you think it's 'hatred'.

You're busy marching to the wide gate, and outraged that anyone would try warning you to take the narrow one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@INVAR

The truth hurts,doesn't it?

No, @sneakypete   the truth does not hurt @INVAR ... he is immune and totally insulated from it.  I tried being nice to him and reasoning with him.

He twisted all my words and attributed stuff to me I never thought nor said.  It is better to just ignore him.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No, @sneakypete   the truth does not hurt @INVAR ... he is immune and totally insulated from it.  I tried being nice to him and reasoning with him.

He twisted all my words and attributed stuff to me I never thought nor said.  It is better to just ignore him.

^^^^^  LESSON 1 in the art of PROJECTON

Offline DB

Well, @INVAR I was outraged over Clinton's behavior.  But Clinton abused or raped at least two women on record and probably many more.  To say nothing of actually having sex with a young employee in the Oval Office.  And, yes, it was with another complicit woman.  I think he and his wife were criminals.

But Trump simply indulged in some locker-room talk and he was actually amazed and decrying the behavior of women around a celebrity or especially a rich celebrity.  We see women hanging around concerts and sports venues offering themselves to the guys.  It's sad.

I don't personally think that Trump abused women.  Used, maybe.

I'm curious... What is the real difference between "used" and "abused"? Isn't by definition using someone, abusing them for your benefit?

Offline musiclady

Your problem isn't really with the "party", though.  The party establishment detested Trump.  They just didn't have the votes to defeat him.

Your problem really is with those voters who voted for Trump in the primary, and presumably with those who support him now.  Absent that support from those ordinary voters/citizens, he'd be a footnote of a failed Presidential campaign.

But it should be realized that the voters whom you dislike aren't going go away just because Trump eventually will.  Third party efforts will run  into the same core problem: there simply are not enough voters who see things the way you do.

Unfortunately, I realize that.

Constitutionalism, morality, honor, integrity........... just a minority view now.  Neither the Democrats, nor the Republicans care about any of those things. 

Just power.  Control.  Populism.  Being OK with distortions of decency and law because "our guy" is doing it.

The people who once at least claimed to believe in the same things that most of us used to believe in, no longer do.

I've not only lost the party I once belonged to.  I realize that in doing so, the country is lost.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DB

Unfortunately, I realize that.

Constitutionalism, morality, honor, integrity........... just a minority view now.  Neither the Democrats, nor the Republicans care about any of those things. 

Just power.  Control.  Populism.  Being OK with distortions of decency and law because "our guy" is doing it.

The people who once at least claimed to believe in the same things that most of us used to believe in, no longer do.

I've not only lost the party I once belonged to.  I realize that in doing so, the country is lost.

How long has it been that way and we foolishly believed, hoped, otherwise?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@musiclady

Yeah,because it has nothing to do with individual freedoms to live our lives in peace,it all has to do with people like you who want to see the government punish people because they don't believe in your superstitions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He twisted all my words and attributed stuff to me I never thought nor said.

@Emjay

Yet he wants to condemn everyone else in sight for not being more truthful and Godly.

It is best to just ignore  him.

You can't ignore evil because if you do,you give it permission to spread. You MUST speak out against the tyrants that want to control everyone's lives or there will be no freedom to do anything but follow orders.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:19:50 pm by sneakypete »

Offline musiclady

How long has it been that way and we foolishly believed, hoped, otherwise?

Too long.

I am loyal to a fault, and I kept hoping against hope that "my" party was the one that actually stood for the values they claimed they did.

As I have said...... I am late to the party, but now that I've gotten there, I'm sorry it took so long.

It just took blatant and arrogant disregard of every principle they claimed to believe in to jar me loose.

That happened in May of 2016, and I don't think it will change enough for me to become a Republican again in my lifetime.

@DB

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Yet he wants to condemn everyone else in sight for not being more truthful and Godly.

As opposed to you, who condemns everyone who believes in God and does not support Trump as evil??

You can't ignore evil because if you do,you give it permission to spread. You MUST speak out against the tyrants that want to control everyone's lives or there will be no freedom to do anything but follow orders.

Ah yes, I'm "evil" for advocating biblical morality and moral character be upheld.   A morality that YOU reject as "evil" and assert it is being forced on everyone, simply because we advocate it.  Like the Godless Left - you are no more interested in liberty than they are - and would happily silence everyone who speaks that which offends you.

No marvel, for even the religious rulers in Yeshua's day accused Him of being a demon for speaking that which they had rejected.

Offline musiclady

As opposed to you, who condemns everyone who believes in God and does not support Trump as evil??

Ah yes, I'm "evil" for advocating biblical morality and moral character be upheld.   A morality that YOU reject as "evil" and assert it is being forced on everyone, simply because we advocate it.  Like the Godless Left - you are no more interested in liberty than they are - and would happily silence everyone who speaks that which offends you.

No marvel, for even the religious rulers in Yeshua's day accused Him of being a demon for speaking that which they had rejected.

How does an agnostic or atheist even talk about the concept of "evil?"   It's just a made-up concept.

If there is no God, there is no good, and if there is no opposition to God and His Laws, there is no evil.

When the foundation of truth is removed, there is nothing but air.