Author Topic: White House bans CNN reporter from Rose Garden event  (Read 6821 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House bans CNN reporter from Rose Garden event
« on: July 25, 2018, 11:07:06 pm »
White House bans CNN reporter from Rose Garden event
By Emily Birnbaum - 07/25/18 06:29 PM EDT

The White House on Wednesday banned a CNN reporter from a press event in the Rose Garden, for asking questions to President Trump, according to a CNN report.

Kaitlan Collins, a White House reporter for CNN, was acting as the "pool reporter" for all networks during President Trump's meeting with European Union (EU) commissioner Jean-Claude Junker on Wednesday afternoon.

Collins reportedly asked the president questions about the day's most talked-about stories, a typical move for a pool reporter. 

She asked, "Did Michael Cohen betray you, Mr. President?" and repeated the question once, according to CNN.  She then asked, "Mr. President, are you worried about what Michael Cohen is about to say to the prosecutors? Are you worried about what is on the other tapes, Mr. President?"

When Trump didn't respond, Collins asked, "Why is Vladimir Putin not accepting your invitation, Mr. President?"

Trump ignored the questions and said, "Thank you very much, everybody" to the press pool.

more
http://thehill.com/media/398889-white-house-bans-cnn-reporter-from-rose-garden-event
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: White House bans CNN reporter from Rose Garden event
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 11:11:12 pm »
They should ban any and all reporters who refuse to mind their manners regardless of who they work for and this particular reporter was making an absolute ass of herself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 11:19:01 pm »
Remember the time the rest of the media pool chased down the reporter from the Daily Caller for daring to ask Obama a question during an even in the Rose Garden?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:41:54 am »
Remember the time the rest of the media pool chased down the reporter from the Daily Caller for daring to ask Obama a question during an even in the Rose Garden?

I'm still laughing at the time reporters wanted to ask Hillary questions, and they tried to chase her ambulance across a park.  Or the time she was walking in some sort of parade and the presstitutes were forced to follow behind a rope like the bunch of sheep that they are.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 12:45:44 am »
I remember a time.... :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 03:51:25 am »

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” host Bret Baier reacted to the White House blocking CNN White House Correspondent Kaitlan Collins from an event on Wednesday by stating that Fox “stands firmly with CNN on this issue of access.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/07/25/fncs-baier-on-cnn-reporter-blocked-from-event-fox-stands-firmly-with-cnn/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 04:13:16 am »
On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Special Report,” host Bret Baier reacted to the White House blocking CNN White House Correspondent Kaitlan Collins from an event on Wednesday by stating that Fox “stands firmly with CNN on this issue of access.”

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/07/25/fncs-baier-on-cnn-reporter-blocked-from-event-fox-stands-firmly-with-cnn/
I’m guessing Bret Baier doesn’t appreciate a right as opposed to a privilege.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 07:01:49 am »
They should ban any and all reporters who refuse to mind their manners regardless of who they work for and this particular reporter was making an absolute ass of herself.
:amen:  President Trump is so honest that I can't imagine asking him questions about whore hush money or what Putin has over him?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 08:28:52 am »
:amen:  President Trump is so honest that I can't imagine asking him questions about whore hush money or what Putin has over him?

Asking him questions is one thing. Shouting over him and generally making an ass out of yourself is quite another!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 11:35:34 am »
The media should go on strike and refuse to ask questions.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 11:36:56 am »
If Trump is a tough guy, why is he afraid of CNN asking tough questions?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 01:41:22 pm »

Why are you being so dense? This is not about questions it's about very bad manners!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 01:56:27 pm »

You know damn well what CNN's game is. Why pretend you don't?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 02:01:46 pm »
Why are you being so dense? This is not about questions it's about very bad manners!

I'm not being dense.. Besides Reagan put up with Sam Donaldson and Reagan didn't kick him out.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 02:09:47 pm »

I'm not being dense.. Besides Reagan put up with Sam Donaldson and Reagan didn't kick him out.

Thsi CNN azzhole ain't Sam Donaldson and Donald Trumt ain't Ronald Reagan!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 02:11:56 pm »
Their reasoning was the questions were improper for the setting.  Well, make a setting for the questions to be answered.  Trump won't answer them and Sanders is always referring those questions to outside counsel.  Have Guiliani do a Q&A with the press pool.  That ought to be fun.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:21:03 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 02:12:41 pm »

The news media tactic of steering the narrative, to the exclusion of any other information, has been much refined since 1988.

IMO its stupid not to make the single most prominent offender pay some kind of price for practicing it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:15:15 pm by skeeter »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 02:12:51 pm »
This same media applauded a reporter being tossed out for shouting questions at President Ebola.
So I'm not buying the fake outrage
Countdown to Resignation

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 02:18:40 pm »
The news media tactic of steering the narrative, to the exclusion of any other information, has been much refined since 1988.

Precisely. This ain’t your grandfathers’ media environment anymore.

Only Donald Trump had the temperament and skills to survive the attacks. None of his 16 primary opponents could have weathered the storms, none.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 02:20:49 pm »
Precisely. This ain’t your grandfathers’ media environment anymore.

Only Donald Trump had the temperament and skills to survive the attacks. None of his 16 primary opponents could have weathered the storms, none.

The loud noises CNN makes at press events enables the MSM's constant lies of omission.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 02:22:12 pm »
Trump is being too thin-skinned here. I know the press is against him (and most of us), but he needs to be a big boy and take it.  An adversarial press should be a given.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 02:26:35 pm »
Trump is being too thin-skinned here. I know the press is against him (and most of us), but he needs to be a big boy and take it.  An adversarial press should be a given.

Espcially since there is a right to a FREE PRESS..

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 02:31:25 pm »

Espcially since there is a right to a FREE PRESS..

Do you believe our news media behaves as a free press?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 02:37:10 pm »

Not really, but I don't like it when Politicians (regardless of party) attacks the press.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 02:37:48 pm »

And especially CNN as a part of a "Free Press"?

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:

"There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.
There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

"The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread.
You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?
We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.

- J. R. R. Tolkien