Author Topic: White House bans CNN reporter from Rose Garden event  (Read 6861 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: White House bans CNN reporter from Rose Garden event
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 02:40:45 pm »

Not really, but I don't like it when Politicians (regardless of party) attacks the press.

How can you support a free press but not free political speech?

I do not believe the press should be left unchallenged as they act as an arm of the democrat party.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 02:45:30 pm »
And especially CNN as a part of a "Free Press"?

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:
Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.

Thanks Bigun. Imagine how much worse its gotten since 1880.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 02:50:00 pm »
Thanks Bigun. Imagine how much worse its gotten since 1880.

You're welcome and I don't have to imagine as I see it every single day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 02:54:35 pm »
White House Correspondents Association protests exclusion of CNN reporter from one event following rude behavior
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/white_house_correspondents_association_protests_exclusion_of_cnn_reporter_from_one_event_following_rude_behavior.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:55:13 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 02:58:24 pm »
White House Correspondents Association protests exclusion of CNN reporter from one event following rude behavior
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/white_house_correspondents_association_protests_exclusion_of_cnn_reporter_from_one_event_following_rude_behavior.html

Let them protest!  Sticking by this will send a REAL message IMHO!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2018, 03:00:36 pm »

The WHCA is just doing what they have to.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2018, 03:08:19 pm »

Lol was the WH press pool chanting 'throw him out'?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2018, 03:12:48 pm »
I think, as a show of unity the WHPC should boycott covering all future pressers or events featuring the Pres. 

That will show Trumps who runs barter town!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2018, 03:40:36 pm »
I think, as a show of unity the WHPC should boycott covering all future pressers or events featuring the Pres. 

That will show Trumps who runs barter town!

888high58888 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2018, 05:22:33 pm »
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/07/25/fox-news-viewers-are-attacking-bret-baier-heres-how-hes-responding/amp

Some viewers thought Baier had shown disloyalty to Trump because he said that Fox News stood “firmly” with CNN on the issue of press availability. The Trump administration had told a CNN reporter that she was not allowed at an announcement at the Rose Garden because she acted inappropriately earlier that day. She denies their characterization of her behavior.

“As a member of the White House press pool, Fox stands firmly with CNN on this issue of access,” Baier said immediately after the story broke.

I agree with Baier on this one.  Remember when CNN stood with Fox when 0bama banned them?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 06:12:15 pm »
Let them protest!  Sticking by this will send a REAL message IMHO!
What are they gonna do, file negative stories about Trump and his administration? Boycott news briefings? Do more negative opinion pieces?
I really miss the days when they gave the news straight first and then declared opinion pieces after. Even though we knew the anchors(Cronkite) slipped their bias into stories it was never as overt as what we are shoveled today.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2018, 06:12:57 pm »
And especially CNN as a part of a "Free Press"?

One night, probably in 1880, John Swinton, then the preeminent New York journalist, was the guest of honour at a banquet given him by the leaders of his craft. Someone who knew neither the press nor Swinton offered a toast to the independent press. Swinton outraged his colleagues by replying:

Source: Labor's Untold Story, by Richard O. Boyer and Herbert M. Morais, published by United Electrical, Radio & Machine Workers of America, NY, 1955/1979.

Wish I had seen this before deciding in 1975 to pursue a degree in journalism.

I hate when that happens.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2018, 06:16:10 pm »
Wish I had seen this before deciding in 1975 to pursue a degree in journalism.

I hate when that happens.

LOL!  How many millions are there dissatisfied because their career choice turns out to be something other than what they thought it would be?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 03:55:24 am »
Why are you being so dense? This is not about questions it's about very bad manners!

I watched.  It was the blond that was shouting get out that was bad manners.  Were done, were done over the question.  The video starts with that so hard to tell what happened before the blond started yelling for everyone to leave.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 04:01:25 am »
I watched.  It was the blond that was shouting get out that was bad manners.  Were done, were done over the question.  The video starts with that so hard to tell what happened before the blond started yelling for everyone to leave.

I agree.  The banned reporter seemed to be acting just fine.  Her banning seems arbitrary and capricious.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 04:07:58 am »
I agree with Baier on this one.  Remember when CNN stood with Fox when 0bama banned them?

Exactly.  Its unconstitutional to ban press.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 12:27:57 pm »
Her banning seems arbitrary and capricious.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2018, 12:35:57 pm »
While I agree that the reporter was being obnoxious, I think that another tactic could have been used. Let her continue her obnoxious behavior, release the vid in a Tweet, then let society criticize her and CNN.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2018, 02:42:16 pm »
Still doesn’t give them the right to act rood and indignant in the white house.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2018, 02:43:58 pm »
Exactly.  Its unconstitutional to ban press.
Nothing unconstitutional about it. They have to apply for credentials. They can be granted or revoke at any time.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2018, 03:06:07 pm »
Still doesn’t give them the right to act rood and indignant in the white house.

You didn't watch the video.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2018, 04:12:43 pm »
Nothing unconstitutional about it. They have to apply for credentials. They can be granted or revoke at any time.

Not to mention there is legal precedent in the matter from past court cases.   CNN and this hack journalist babe can pound sand.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:13 pm »
They should ban any and all reporters who refuse to mind their manners regardless of who they work for and this particular reporter was making an absolute ass of herself.

I would suggest something like a 10 day suspension for poor manners, followed by a period of probation.

Reporters have the right and duty to question authority but not to make asses out of themselves.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2018, 08:55:42 pm »
What are they gonna do, file negative stories about Trump and his administration? Boycott news briefings? Do more negative opinion pieces?
I really miss the days when they gave the news straight first and then declared opinion pieces after. Even though we knew the anchors(Cronkite) slipped their bias into stories it was never as overt as what we are shoveled today.

Yes.  Cronkite definitely parsed the news a bit but he was far more subtle about it which resulted in nobody knowing or resenting it.

The media has become so overtly biased that people don't trust them for straight news anymore
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.