Author Topic: Milo Yiannopoulos Encourages Vigilantes to Start ‘Gunning Journalists Down’  (Read 5291 times)

Offline RoosGirl

*Snort* That makes no more sense than if I said the NT's embraced the anarchists in Sproul Plaza.

There are stereotypes for a reason. It doesn't mean "every" it just means a "signficant number" fall into that stereotype.  If you don't then you don't.

Offline skeeter

There are stereotypes for a reason. It doesn't mean "every" it just means a "signficant number" fall into that stereotype.  If you don't then you don't.

Thats correct. But there're also very good reasons use of stereotypes should be discouraged.

But whatever. This is just a news forum and folks have to vent.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:36:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline RoosGirl

Thats correct. But there're also very good reasons use of stereotypes should be discouraged.

But whatever. This is just a news forum and folks have to vent.

That's right, just discussion.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Milo must have known this would not be perceived well, maybe he did it to backstab or maybe there is some context.

Still, Trump has been nailing one success after another, I'd rather be a part of the part and we will suffer stereotypes.

Any negative behavior should be condemned, still, I think it's not just one but two Bernie Sanders supporters who have been shown to have actually acted and caused mayhem. One case is the shooting at that baseball field. People are hardly branding Bernie nor his supporters as violent crazies.

Offline goodwithagun

*Ahem*   The "Right" did not 'embrace' Milo.   ForeverTrump® did.

Sorry, I meant what you posted.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
*Ahem*   The "Right" did not 'embrace' Milo.   ForeverTrump® did.

I didn't, Ted Cruz doesn't.

I think Never Trumpers, turning their back on the many accomplishments of Trump, turning their backs on the unborn have to attack Trump at every turn since they sit on their hands and do nothing.

A broad generalization to cover up their own failures.

Laura Ingraham made that controversial statement about the Never Trumpers being on the same side as Planned Parenthood. Might as well follow that logic.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:09:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I think Never Trumpers, turning their back on the many accomplishments of Trump, turning their backs on the unborn have to attack Trump at every turn since they sit on their hands and do nothing.

Your broad generalization of what Trump has done and hasn't done is disturbing too.

Nothing says "turning your back on the unborn" like fully funding Planned Parenthood.  The other "accomplishments" you repeatedly list are just as easily dispelled by facts and reality.  And that includes the repeated lie that Cruz "endorsed" Trump.

@goodwithagun was accurate in his description in who exactly embraced Milo.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

What the hell are you even talking about "turning their backs on the unborn"?

Silver Pines

Laura Ingraham made that controversial statement about the Never Trumpers being on the same side as Planned Parenthood. Might as well follow that logic.

@TomSea

As usual, the refrain is all about Trump winning, Trump’s successes, etc.  Always the man/personality instead of the country.  In his recent book, Jonah Goldberg said what I’ve always thought—-human beings are hard-wired to desire a strong leader we can look up to in awe.

As for once again accusing people on this forum of being pro-abortion, shut your <NOPE> mouth.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:00:53 pm by Mod5 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

<NOPE>[/b][/i]

<NOPE - personal attack>

There - that work any better to get the disgust over his comment across?

Oh, so we cannot call his comment disgusting and reprehensible either?

I see.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:11:51 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Victoria33

Tried to reply via PM, but low and behold, you have to unblock me. 

Thank you so much for your well-thought, detailed reply.

I, too, was totally shocked my post on the thread was completely ignored.

I took so long with that post because the MODS and staff here are nervous about posts appearing to support retaliatory violence toward the Left and Antifa.

By the time I was finished there were another 2 dozen posts full of snark and typical nonsense we see around here...thus my "edit to add" in the original post.

People in the forum refuse to discuss what you and I 'KNOW' to be coming in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks again, Victoria.

I'd love to post your PM on the thread,....it's a shame you didn't post it there.   Lots of good stuff there.   

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33  Tried to reply via PM, but low and behold, you have to unblock me.  Thank you so much for your well-thought, detailed reply. I, too, was totally shocked my post on the thread was completely ignored.
I took so long with that post because the MODS and staff here are nervous about posts appearing to support retaliatory violence toward the Left and Antifa.
By the time I was finished there were another 2 dozen posts full of snark and typical nonsense we see around here...thus my "edit to add" in the original post.
 People in the forum refuse to discuss what you and I 'KNOW' to be coming in the not-too-distant future.
Thanks again, Victoria. I'd love to post your PM on the thread,....it's a shame you didn't post it there.   Lots of good stuff there.    :patriot:
@DCPatriot

Didn't realize you were blocked - must have happened a long time ago - you are not blocked now; sorry that happened.

Offline goodwithagun

The layers of irony here are deep and wide.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

Didn't realize you were blocked - must have happened a long time ago - you are not blocked now; sorry that happened.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

Why is everybody dancing around?  Nobody wants this to happen. 

It's a shame this topic is so sensitive as to be virtually, taboo.

Love to partake in a serious, mature discussion, snark-free and AT/NT-free with all of you what members here think would be the course of events if such a thing started to happen.

From a myriad of levels and/or POVs, it would keep us busy for days. 

My first question, thinking about this all day, is...how would the newsreaders/editors/programmers react?

Would the news be presented more equitably?  Or, would they double down?

There has to be a major on-camera figure in the media that 'KNOWS' they're spewing lies and bullshit everyday.

I'm speaking about the ones who love their celebrity and realize they've gone too far and desperately want no part of it anymore.

Or would their screams get louder?

edited to add:
Geez....just read the thread to catch up since I tried to compile this post.

**nononono*

I honestly think, God forbid this happen, that they would double down.

A) It’s the only thing they know how to do. References: Hogg, Moms Against, etc. to whom the media give platforms even when the Average American knows the truth. If you haven’t done this, go to the comments section of an article on guns or immigration. The majority of the posters agree with us, not the celeb/media/Dems.

B) It’s too difficult for them to admit they’ve been that wrong for that long. What the media is doing is crazy and that’s a really difficult thing for them to own up to. References: Rosanne vs. Peter Fonda.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:59:32 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
My first question, thinking about this all day, is...how would the newsreaders/editors/programmers react?

Would the news be presented more equitably?  Or, would they double down?

@DCPatriot the longer I'm in this business the more I realize that they've never presented the news fairly or equitably.  And those that did are few and far between.  My heat of the moment thought is that maybe a Murrow or Pyle on the battle front gave good honest reporting of what was happening.

But Cronkite in Vietnam....did not.

Before deregulation we didn't realize just how much the three TV networks and certain print publications controlled what we knew and what we didn't.

Look at how the NY Times not only covered up Stalin's genocide in Siberia...but the Holocaust as well.

The problem these days is you don't have people with J School backgrounds providing us the "news".  They are more than likely to have PolySci or Law Degrees and have basically been told sit here read this and *poof* you're a journalist.  And they hang out in an anchor chair as long as the money is good or until a Lib is in the WH and they can jump into a cushy Cabinet level job until those 8 years are up and they can walk back into the news room at ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox etc in D.C. and pick up where they left off.

It's almost like the news anchors and commentators in the Pseudo Media we have at the major level are every bit as much of a plant as the government employees at Justice and the EPA that carry on the Progressive agenda long after the Progressive President leaves office.

There has to be a major on-camera figure in the media that 'KNOWS' they're spewing lies and bullshit everyday.

I don't think they believe they are spewing lies.

Actually they tend to look at themselves as some kind of championing hero...shining the light on truth and justice. 
And they all believe completely in what they are saying on the air.

And honestly since most of the major media figures are former politicians or have worked for politicians they believe the crap they are spewing wholeheartedly.

Yet most of them actually deny...sometimes vociferously that they are impartial and apolitical.

Which we both know is crap.

The whole incident with Bernard Shaw on the first night of the bombing in Iraq in 1991 comes to mind as well.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline goodwithagun

Food for thought @DCPatriot and @txradioguy : The Internet and smart phones have made it easier for us to not only report real news, but also publicly call out the bullshit. Just look at twitchy.com, or peruse the comments sections in online news feeds. The silent majority is speaking. I do have hope for our country.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Food for thought @DCPatriot and @txradioguy : The Internet and smart phones have made it easier for us to not only report real news, but also publicly call out the bullshit. Just look at twitchy.com, or peruse the comments sections in online news feeds. The silent majority is speaking. I do have hope for our country.

IMHO the event that tipped the scales to the people and away from the total media control of the news and what we know and how we know it was when FReepers caught Dan Rather in a lie about President Bush and forced Rather and Mary Mapes out at CBS.

The silent majority has always longed for an outlet that spoke to them.  For a long time it was Fox...but even they have become blatantly partisian and with their hires of the likes of Marie Harf...John Kerry's former campaign manager and the fact that Shemp Smith gets to smugly pontificate from his studio in Times Square...even FNC is beginning to lean left.

Conservative ideals and principals not constantly guarded eventually become liberal...at least I think that's how the quote goes.

Anyway that's what's happening with Fox to an extent right before our very eyes.

SO now that silent majority not feeling too welcome at Fox turn to places like CR TV...and other conservative internet sites and magazines that have a television presence now on cable and satellite.

The other problem as I see it with the media these days is the fact we have so many journalists in the first place.

A reporter...reports the news..."just the facts ma'am" so to speak.

A journalist as part of the story places themselves int he middle of what's happening and the story is now split 50-50 between the event and the person covering the event.

We need more reporters and far less journalists these days.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:49:43 pm by txradioguy »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Conservative ideals and principals not constantly guarded eventually become liberal.

Needed repeating in a bigger font because we have been told ad-nauseum that principles are a liability in politics and no longer win elections.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
With that statement he has proven that all the students who rioted to keep him off campus, were right to do it.
He has just vindicated them all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@DCPatriot the longer I'm in this business the more I realize that they've never presented the news fairly or equitably.  And those that did are few and far between.  My heat of the moment thought is that maybe a Murrow or Pyle on the battle front gave good honest reporting of what was happening.

But Cronkite in Vietnam....did not.

Before deregulation we didn't realize just how much the three TV networks and certain print publications controlled what we knew and what we didn't.

Look at how the NY Times not only covered up Stalin's genocide in Siberia...but the Holocaust as well.

The problem these days is you don't have people with J School backgrounds providing us the "news".  They are more than likely to have PolySci or Law Degrees and have basically been told sit here read this and *poof* you're a journalist.  And they hang out in an anchor chair as long as the money is good or until a Lib is in the WH and they can jump into a cushy Cabinet level job until those 8 years are up and they can walk back into the news room at ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox etc in D.C. and pick up where they left off.

It's almost like the news anchors and commentators in the Pseudo Media we have at the major level are every bit as much of a plant as the government employees at Justice and the EPA that carry on the Progressive agenda long after the Progressive President leaves office.

I don't think they believe they are spewing lies.

Actually they tend to look at themselves as some kind of championing hero...shining the light on truth and justice. 
And they all believe completely in what they are saying on the air.

And honestly since most of the major media figures are former politicians or have worked for politicians they believe the crap they are spewing wholeheartedly.

Yet most of them actually deny...sometimes vociferously that they are impartial and apolitical.

Which we both know is crap.

The whole incident with Bernard Shaw on the first night of the bombing in Iraq in 1991 comes to mind as well.

There were people that did understand. And I mean truly understand. On both sides. I know I make some real a-hole comments. They aren't meant as personal attacks.

Do you know the warm progress under the stars?
Do you know we exist?
Have you forgotten the keys to the kingdom?
Have you been born yet, and are you alive?

Let's reinvent the gods, all the myths of the ages
Celebrate symbols from deep elder forests
Have you forgotten the lessons of the ancient war?

We need great golden copulations

The fathers are cackling in trees of the forest
Our mother is dead in the sea

Do you know we are being lead to slaughter by placid admirals
And that fat slow generals are getting obscene on young blood?

Do you know we are ruled by T.V.?

The moon is a dry blood beast
Guerrilla bands are rolling numbers
In the next block of green vine
Amassing for warfare on innocent herdsman who are just dying

O' great creator of being, grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives

Jim Morrison

Understand this. I have the fire.

My dad had the fire. Seems, it almost burns in my son. But it sure as hell burns in my grandson.

Eternal vigilance.

Luke 12:2
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goatprairie

As I regarded Y'polis as a self-aggrandizing clown before this last statement, I don't take seriously much of what he says about anything. I think he enjoys being a provocateur who would conveniently disappear if real shooting started.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I can't even tell you how many times I was referred to this chooch's vids by Tump supporters to describe #MAGA.

He was very definitely a face of #MAGA.

Now they all act like that ain't so.  *****rollingeyes*****

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

Happens all the time, and this historical example is just one early one, way before photoshop.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Now you see it...

Now you don't...

Happens all the time, and this historical example is just one early one, way before photoshop.

That's right. The spin doctors rule everything.
I don't need Conservative news. I don't need news sites spinning it my way any more than sites spinning it the other way - What I need is truth. From ALL of em.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's right. The spin doctors rule everything.
I don't need Conservative news. I don't need news sites spinning it my way any more than sites spinning it the other way - What I need is truth. From ALL of em.
Truth is that thin veinlet of gold in the mountain of what the media produce, on both sides. Once in a rare while there is a high grade pocket or nice nugget, but most of it is low grade ore indeed.

Any more, I see what they are braying about, then go dig up what I can, weigh the sources, and try to piece it together as best I can. If you ignore the fluff, (like who is hating on who at what pop stand--which really doesn't matter except to signal what is the latest 'acceptable' unacceptable behaviour) you have a lot less to dig through, but the amount of emotionalistic overburden seems to be increasing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis