Author Topic: Freedom Caucus to Trump: Lay off Sanford attacks  (Read 3007 times)

Online corbe

Freedom Caucus to Trump: Lay off Sanford attacks
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:47 am »

By Juliegrace Brufke - 06/25/18 09:59 PM EDT

Members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus on Monday urged President Trump to drop his ongoing attacks against Rep. Mark Sanford in the wake of his primary loss earlier this month.

Trump mocked the South Carolina Republican in his home state at a campaign rally for Gov. Henry McMaster (R), saying he “never liked [Sanford] too much.”

"The Tallahassee [sic] Trail, must be a beautiful place," Trump said, taking a dig at Sanford’s infamous affair during his time serving as governor. "Unfortunately for him, he didn't go there."

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/394094-freedom-caucus-to-trump-lay-off-sanford-attacks
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Freedom Caucus to Trump: Lay off Sanford attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:22:33 am »
This is a non issue and fake news since the car accident .  Why are you posting this shit corbe?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:28:00 am »
   The car wreck has nada to do with the HFC's relationship to the President.
   Remember it just took 1 pissed off Senator to sink that shitty obummercare resuscitate/rename. 
   The great negotiator, BS!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 02:29:34 am »
   The car wreck has nada to do with the HFC's relationship to the President.
   Remember it just took 1 pissed off Senator to sink that shitty obummercare resuscitate/rename. 
   The great negotiator, BS!

Man that was some real frontier gibberish!  Congratulations

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 02:30:19 am »
They are right.  Knock it off Trump.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 02:34:43 am »
They are right.  Knock it off Trump.

Knock Sanford off.  I agree.  The guy is a doucebag.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 02:37:03 am »

Thanks for understanding @Wingnut my family is full of Trumpers and they just tell me I'm full of $hit.  I'm becoming hopeful.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 02:40:13 am »
   Thanks for understanding @Wingnut my family is full of Trumpers and they just tell me I'm full of $hit.  I'm becoming hopeful.

Can you change your user name to Gabby Johnson?

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 10:51:36 am »

By Juliegrace Brufke - 06/25/18 09:59 PM EDT

Members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus on Monday urged President Trump to drop his ongoing attacks against Rep. Mark Sanford in the wake of his primary loss earlier this month.

Trump mocked the South Carolina Republican in his home state at a campaign rally for Gov. Henry McMaster (R), saying he “never liked [Sanford] too much.”

"The Tallahassee [sic] Trail, must be a beautiful place," Trump said, taking a dig at Sanford’s infamous affair during his time serving as governor. "Unfortunately for him, he didn't go there."

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/394094-freedom-caucus-to-trump-lay-off-sanford-attacks

@corbe

Trump can STFU.  Sanford messed around on his wife but he’s been a reliable conservative.  If we’re not going to care about Trump’s serial adultery then the Appalachian Trail needs to fade into the fog.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 12:02:09 pm »

@corbe

Trump can STFU.  Sanford messed around on his wife but he’s been a reliable conservative.  If we’re not going to care about Trump’s serial adultery then the Appalachian Trail needs to fade into the fog.

Damn, our standards have really fallen, haven't they? How is a "reliable conservative" defined these days?
OTOH, I think it's impossible to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal...the two can't coexist.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 12:20:09 pm »
Damn, our standards have really fallen, haven't they? How is a "reliable conservative" defined these days?

A R that hates Trump is a "reliable conservative" according to our NeverTrumpers.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 12:24:15 pm »
A R that hates Trump is a "reliable conservative" according to our NeverTrumpers.

And according to Trump fans, a "reliable conservative" is whoever Trump likes. 

Why do Trump supporters have to be told who they are supposed to like?  Did they all lose their decision-making capabilities when they "boarded the Trump train?"

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 12:25:40 pm »

Bull$hit, you're going to have to do better than that.

I am a conservative who definitely does not include the likes of Jeff Flake or Lindsey Graham to be "reliable conservatives."

The only thing reliable about Trump is his ability to change his mind as the wind blows. Make that two things, the ability of Trump supporters to swallow everything Trump spews as gospel, no matter what he said the previous day. MAGA!!! 

:3:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »
And according to Trump fans, a "reliable conservative" is whoever Trump likes. 

Why do Trump supporters have to be told who they are supposed to like?  Did they all lose their decision-making capabilities when they "boarded the Trump train?"

Nah, they just had to check their brains at the gate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2018, 01:15:55 pm »
I just don't see the point of continuing to attack somebody who has already lost.  It's like when he kept calling Cruz "Lyin' Ted" long after he clinched the nomination.  That didn't gain any votes, it just alienated Cruzers.

Asbestos on....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 01:26:07 pm »
I just don't see the point of continuing to attack somebody who has already lost.  It's like when he kept calling Cruz "Lyin' Ted" long after he clinched the nomination.  That didn't gain any votes, it just alienated Cruzers.

Asbestos on....

I never could understand this about Trump. Its political campaigning 101, dont p*ss off the other guys voters unneccessarily.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 01:34:26 pm »

Asbestos on....

It’s like all religious cults:  convert or die. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:38 pm »
It’s like all religious cults:  convert or die.

Or, in the case of TOS, convert and die...they just don't know they're dead yet.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 02:17:36 pm »
Can you change your user name to Gabby Johnson?

No.  But I can change your name to "I Got Put In Time Out Again" if you continue to insist on the instant personal attacks and purposeful derailing of threads right from jump street.

First and only warning.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 02:21:59 pm »

Asbestos on....

There is no point.

He's one of those that's never satisfied with the win.  And the way he behaves allows his most strident acolytes to release their own inner bully and cheer him on to continue...which he just eats up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 02:26:31 pm »

He picked up the lingo on the 'Tallahassee Trail.'
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:27:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 02:35:43 pm »
Bull$hit, you're going to have to do better than that.  The only thing reliable about Trump is his ability to change his mind as the wind blows. Make that two things, the ability of Trump supporters to swallow everything Trump spews as gospel, no matter what he said the previous day. MAGA!!! 
@Night Hides Not

goopo goopo

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 02:41:40 pm »

Asbestos on....

And even after Ted humbled himself before almighty Trump, the MAGA fans continued to bitch and moan about him, even today.

I'm rather neutral about Sanford -- don't love him, don't hate him.  Whatever.  It's just plain childish for the President of the United States to continue beating him up.  And it's even worse that supposedly grown-up conservatives, many of whom profess to be Christian, think such adolescent behavior in a president is ok.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 02:43:50 pm »
He's trolling the other Freedom Caucus members.  They feel obligated to defend Sanford.  When they do, Trump will go their districts and attack them.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 02:54:53 pm »
I never could understand this about Trump. Its political campaigning 101, dont p*ss off the other guys voters unneccessarily.

We’re just not used to a president this candid. He let’s us know where he stands without the phony “political considerations.”

The best moment of the rally last night was when he implored attendees to “Get your asses out and vote!” Could you imagine any past president breaking from decorum and talking like a normal guy? We’ve never seen a president this honest, and it actually scares some folks.