Author Topic: The NY Times’ absurd Koch brothers conspiracy  (Read 465 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The NY Times’ absurd Koch brothers conspiracy
« on: June 27, 2018, 02:48:10 am »
The half-awake citizen may be unaware just how dexterously the arms of the Kochtopus have reached into every precinct of American life. Not one mile from my home stands a particularly egregious example: the David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center, home to the New York City Ballet. Koch put up $100 million toward renovating the theater, but consider his ulterior motives. Theaters like this one use a lot of floor wax. At intermission they serve drinks in plastic cups. Their seats are covered with upholstery. These are all byproducts of petroleum. Get the picture?

Look deeper. Just a couple of miles east of the Koch Theater there’s an actual Koch hospital: the New York–Presbyterian David H. Koch Center, a 740,000-square-foot ambulatory-care center that opened its doors this year with the aid of another $100 million Koch gift. Charity? No. Bonanza!

In 2014, David and Charles Koch gave $25 million to the United Negro College Fund. Don’t see the connection? Educated black people read more. The Kochs own Flint Group, one of the world’s largest suppliers of printing ink....

https://nypost.com/2018/06/22/behind-the-ny-times-absurd-koch-brothers-conspiracy/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: The NY Times’ absurd Koch brothers conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 10:58:26 am »
I don't know about the whole light rail angle, but they're way too openly supportive of DACA for my liking.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.