Author Topic: Laura Bush: Separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart’  (Read 19814 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline mountaineer

Thomas Paine   @Thomas1774Paine
5h5 hours ago

We should all listen to #LauraBush on keeping families together. After all, it was her husband who helped reunite the Bin Laden kids with their parents by whisking them out of the United States after 9/11.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Thomas Paine   @Thomas1774Paine
5h5 hours ago

We should all listen to #LauraBush on keeping families together. After all, it was her husband who helped reunite the Bin Laden kids with their parents by whisking them out of the United States after 9/11.

BOOYAH!

Offline dfwgator

says you

If we ditched Welfare for the able-bodied, we'd absolutely have enough.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
OK so from 1776-1924 is 148 years.  Add to the fact that the 1924 Immigration Act essentially was to restrict Asians and it brings us to 1965 and the Hart-Cellar Act.  When immigration was restricted by skills and family already residing in the USA.

For nearly 200 years you didn't need to speak English or know our civic duties.

But due to consequences of an open borders to a welfare state policy that continues to expand - we NEED to restrict any and all immigration to only those persons who can demonstrate a benefit to American culture and society and whom will BECOME assimilated INTO a distinct American culture - meaning language and civics understanding required before any benefits of citizenship are earned.  No welfare, period.  Unless you are a bona-fide U.S. citizen.  We need to go back to sponsorships and the demonstration that the immigrants can provide for themselves financially for at least two years - the same requirement many third world countries demand of anyone requesting a residency visa.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

Some of the people at TBR may not like what I am about to say, but here it goes....

I don't know where everyone lives who is on TBR, some put there locations, others do not.

What I have noticed is that the people who are the most ardent anti-illegal immigration people on this forum, as much as they put their locations out there, are from the southwest.
Like myself they come from, Texas, or New mexico, Arizona, and California.

There is a reason for that.

No, it is not racism, far from it.
From the time we are born, we are quite familiar with our neighbors, classmates, friends, co-workers and relatives (yes, in many cases) who's origins come from south of our border.
They are part of our lives, from day one.
Spain, then Mexico, controlled these territories before Texas, and then the USA did.
Heck, we would be be shocked if they were not here.

I find it funny now, but growing up, the people here legally with origins from south of the border would make fun of those here illegally, more so than any of us Anglos did.
They had a bit of a resentment, that they were from here, or came in the legal way, while these other did not.
These people still exist, and still don't believe in illegal immigration, but you will not see them on the evening news.
They do not fit the narrative.

No, we are adamantly opposed to it, as we see the damages done daily.
There are post here daily about one crime or another done be someone previously deported, who came back and harmed, or worse, killed someone.
We know that 15% of the Prison population in Texas is comprised of Illegals, as is 15% of our public schools, in our metro areas.
These are expenses paid by us, that needn't be, if we stop illegal immigration,Imagine 15% savings in these areas, by a United States massively in debt.

These aren't all poor asylum seekers looking for a better life.
Were any you aware that most of them have been coached on what to say when they arrive?
We here in the border states know this to be true.
As far as the farmer needing his crops picked?
Some still happens, but modern technology has made most of that a moot point.

No its not racism, or greed, or lack of compassion that drives us to be anti-illegal immigration.
It is seeing how it is destroying families, taken by a DWI or a senseless crime, committed by someone who is not allowed to be here in the first place.

Trust me, the poor illegal immigrant you see today isn't Jose and Maria, crossing the Rio Grande, looking to the new land of the Pharaohs for sanctuary.
I think we would all welcome them. Truly persecuted, why wouldn't we?
It is the schemers who call themselves dreamers who exploit this daily, trained on exactly how to act and what to say when they arrive, only to disappear into the woodwork long before their court date arrives.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:17:30 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Some of the people at TBR may not like what I am about to say, but here it goes....

I don't know where everyone lives who is on TBR, some put there locations, others do not.

What I have noticed is that the people who are the most ardent anti-illegal immigration people on this forum, as much as they put their locations out there, are from the southwest.

From the time we are born, we are quite familiar with our neighbors, classmates, friends, co-workers and relatives (yes, in many cases) who's origins come from south of our border.
Spain, then Mexico, controlled these territories before Texas, and then the USA did.

I find it funny now, but growing up, the people here legally with origins from south of the border would make fun of those here illegally, more so than any of us Anglos did.
They had a bit of a resentment, that they were from here, or came in the legal way, while these other did not.
These people still exist, and still don't believe in illegal immigration, but you will not see them on the evening news.

There are post here daily about one crime or another done be someone previously deported, who came back and harmed, or worse, killed someone.
We know that 15% of the Prison population in Texas is comprised of Illegals, as is 15% of our public schools, in our metro areas.
These are expenses paid by us, that needn't be, if we stop illegal immigration,Imagine 15% savings in these areas, by a United States massively in debt.

Were any you aware that most of them have been coached on what to say when they arrive?

No its not racism, or greed, or lack of compassion that drives us to be anti-illegal immigration.
It is seeing how it is destroying families, taken by a DWI or a senseless crime, committed by someone who is not allowed to be here in the first place.

Trust me, the poor illegal immigrant you see today isn't Jose and Maria, crossing the Rio Grande, looking to the new land of the Pharaohs for sanctuary.
I think we would all welcome them. Truly persecuted, we wouldn't we?
It is the schemers who call themselves dreamers who exploit this daily, trained on exactly how to act and what to say when they, only to disappear into the woodwork long before their court date arrives.

Outstanding post that sums up things perfectly!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I think we would all welcome them. Truly persecuted, we wouldn't we?
It is the schemers who call themselves dreamers who exploit this daily, trained on exactly how to act and what to say when they, only to disappear into the woodwork long before their court date arrives.

That is all true. 

And what else is true, is that our own government and the creatures in it are engaged in a pogrom to REPLACE the existing citizenry with the aforementioned - because they make better dependents and are less inclined to be self-sufficient.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
At the end of the day what's really sad is that Laura Bush and the open borders folks here in TBR don't give a crap if these kids are with actual family members or human smugglers/sex traffickers.

Because if they truly cared about "the children" they'd want the pervs and the skin peddlers separated from these kids to protect them.

See INS in part wanted the separation so they would be able to determine in an isolated area AWAY from the "relative" if it was really a relative or if it was someone who's kidnapped them from their real family.

But hey I guess the real health and welfare if these kids doesn't matter as long as you're projecting the right political optics in an election year.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:28:18 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

And the folks imposing Open Borders on the rest of us can hide behind their gated communities and spare themselves from the consequences.

Offline GrouchoTex

At the end of the day what's really sad is that Laura Bush and the open borders folks here in TBR don't give a crap if these kids are with actual family members or human smugglers/sex traffickers.

Because if they truly cares about "the children" they'd want the pervs and the skin peddlers separated from these kids to protect them.

See INS in part water the separation so they would be able to determine in an isolated area AWAY from the "relative" if it was really a relative or if it was someone who's kidnapped them from their real family.

But hey I guess the real health and welfare if these kids doesn't matter as long as you're projecting the right political optics 8n an election year.

Yes, sex trafficking is huge on the border, but this is conveniently overlooked.
Border Patrol Agents have said it seems awfully strange to walk up to one of these "parents" and ask the child's name and age, (you know, the basic stuff) only to be met with stammering and blank stares.

Offline GrouchoTex

And the folks imposing Open Borders on the rest of us can hide behind their gated communities and spare themselves from the consequences.

Indeed, or from states that have not been adversely affected yet.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

For awhile perhaps.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

You KNOW this, so tell me how much of our workforce is comprised of illegals please.

Offline GrouchoTex

You KNOW this, so tell me how much of our workforce is comprised of illegals please.

Tell me the percentage of illegals locked up in Wisconsin, please, and we'll talk.
FYI, they are not locked up for being here illegally.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:34:14 pm by GrouchoTex »

I can't even

Offline GrouchoTex

From the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Please tell me what an acceptable level is, I am curious to know.

According to DHS status indicators, over 255,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2018, of which over 171,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2018, these 171,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 265,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 495 homicide charges; 29,526 assault charges; 5,264 burglary charges; 33,637 drug charges; 350 kidnapping charges; 14,794 theft charges; 21,674 obstructing police charges; 1,537 robbery charges; 3,107 sexual assault charges; and 2,673 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 110,000 convictions including 219 homicide convictions; 12,244 assault convictions; 2,900 burglary convictions; 16,358 drug convictions; 144 kidnapping convictions; 6,642 theft convictions; 10,508 obstructing police convictions; 929 robbery convictions; 1,528 sexual assault convictions; and 1,167 weapon convictions.

I'd like to think zero, myself, one is too many, in my mind.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:42:27 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Disingenuous.  Your family entered legally because it wasn't illegal to enter. No law had been written to exclude them.  My great grandparents emigrated at the beginning of the 20th century.  They spoke no English, had no money, and no visa.  They gathered in a small but growing Polish community called Steven's Point WI to work on the railroads and lumber mills.  Much like the Chinese did 20 years earlier.  But Congress passed a law because people said the same racist crap they say about latinos.  They don't integrate, they spread disease, they're criminals...so the government excluded Chinese people.

The battle over illegal immigration began to get real traction with voters as Government became the provider for more and more American's substance and Americans became concerned that the gravy train was going to get smaller.

Yes, my people has immigrated long before yours did, and they did come legally.  Which, by definition, means there were laws governing immigration.

And, you slid right over the second point, the one about immigrants costing us, and a welfare state and open borders being incompatible.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@dfwgator

Apparently illegals can only be janitors.  Now who is racist.

Yep, we need them to clean our toilets and mow our lawns.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
From the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Please tell me what an acceptable level is, I am curious to know.

According to DHS status indicators, over 255,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2018, of which over 171,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2018, these 171,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 265,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 495 homicide charges; 29,526 assault charges; 5,264 burglary charges; 33,637 drug charges; 350 kidnapping charges; 14,794 theft charges; 21,674 obstructing police charges; 1,537 robbery charges; 3,107 sexual assault charges; and 2,673 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 110,000 convictions including 219 homicide convictions; 12,244 assault convictions; 2,900 burglary convictions; 16,358 drug convictions; 144 kidnapping convictions; 6,642 theft convictions; 10,508 obstructing police convictions; 929 robbery convictions; 1,528 sexual assault convictions; and 1,167 weapon convictions.

I'd like to think zero, myself, one is too many, in my mind.

Just a note: of those 84,000 who are not classified as illegal aliens, most of them were "legalized" under relaxed 0bama administration rules and/or through chain migration. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
https://politics.theonion.com/stephen-miller-furious-at-propublica-for-only-releasing-1826958853
Stephen Miller Furious At ProPublica For Only Releasing 7-Minute Recording Of Immigrant Children Sobbing

“It’s unacceptable that this so-called news organization saw fit to foist this total tease of a clip on the American public,” said Miller, who expressed frustration that the audio, in which 10 detained Central American children can be heard crying out for their parents, ended before reaching “the really good stuff.” “Sure, they’re wailing ‘Mami’ and ‘Papa’ so hard they can’t breathe, and I guess the part where that 6-year-old desperately rattles off her aunt’s phone number is kind of satisfying, but ultimately it only conveys a very small fraction of what we’re doing here. I’ve listened to this recording dozens and dozens of times in the past day, and it’s just simply nowhere near enough to scratch the itch. Shame on you, ProPublica.”

@Once-Ler

Sounds to me like he considers it to be "Music to choke your chicken by",and didn't reach full satisfaction because they cut him off early.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good grief, Once-ler.  Look at San Francisco.  When you import a large population with a different culture, you get massive tax increases.  Heck, working people can't afford to live in SF now.  And, the numbers are very clear - immigrants cost us.

@Sanguine

Yeah,but on a more positive note,all the leftist millionaires and billionaires have no trouble at all hiring domestic help cheap,and the pool is so deep they can afford to be both picky and cheap.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@Once-Ler

Sounds to me like he considers it to be "Music to choke your chicken by",and didn't reach full satisfaction because they cut him off early.

The Onion for years had a great formula - everything they did was really hilarious stuff - but I guess it was just a matter of time before they went all SNL on us and delved into political partisanship.