Author Topic: Former Trump Enemy Ted Cruz Pushes 7 Major Trump Victories for Faith, Family and Life  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

YOU are STILL fos when it comes to Ted Cruz.  You should seek help and rid yourself of this crazy phobia! 

I am not @Bigun  And I am not plagued by any phobia about him.  :laugh:

My opinion of Ted Cruz has not changed one iota ... ever.  I continue to think Cruz is a valuable and necessary voice in the US Senate and I continue to hope he develops a strong enough following there to be impactful. 

When either he is done with the Senate or Texas is done with him, I continue to hope Cruz will be nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court and the Senate sends him there.

I have been nothing if not consistent. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I am not @Bigun  And I am not plagued by any phobia about him.  :laugh:

My opinion of Ted Cruz has not changed one iota ... ever.  I continue to think Cruz is a valuable and necessary voice in the US Senate and I continue to hope he develops a strong enough following there to be impactful. 

When either he is done with the Senate or Texas is done with him, I continue to hope Cruz will be nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court and the Senate sends him there.

I have been nothing if not consistent.

@Right_in_Virginia

So where does  this "career politician" BS come from?  I happen to know that when he ran for the senate he was a political neophyte with no previous political experience what so ever.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:04:14 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

@Right_in_Virginia

So where does  this "career politician" BS come from?  I happen to know that when he ran for the senate he was a political neophyte with no previous political experience what so ever.

"Career politician" comes from Cruz himself.  Politics is what he's chosen to do with his life from a young age... what he's always wanted, how he's structured his experience and exposure.  It's his "calling", so to speak.   

If someone has a calling for the law and studies the subject successfully, we call him or her a "lawyer".   There's nothing wrong with this either.

When I say Cruz has made a "political" decision @Bigun ... I'm simply saying he has made what is for him a "business" decision.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Business decisions, good and bad, are made hundreds of times an hour all across America . 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:16:40 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
"Career politician" comes from Cruz himself.  Politics is what he's chosen to do with his life from a young age... what he's always wanted, how he's structured his experience and exposure.  It's his "calling", so to speak.   

If someone has a calling for the law and studies the subject successfully, we call him or her a "lawyer".   There's nothing wrong with this either.

When I say Cruz has made a "political" decision @Bigun ... I'm simply saying he has made what is for him a "business" decision.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Business decisions, good and bad, are made hundreds of times an hour all across America .

Well obviously your definition of a career politician differs greatly from mine @Right_in_Virginia.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Well obviously your definition of a career politician differs greatly from mine @Right_in_Virginia.

Still luv ya though @Bigun    :beer:

Offline Fantom

“A second victory concerns life,” Cruz continued, lauding the Trump administration’s “return of the Mexico City rules,” which prevented the U.S. from providing foreign aid to fund abortions in other countries.

There is a problem with this.  Israel is a government healthcare that provides abortions yet we don't seem to have a problem with that.

Trump Revives Ban on Foreign Aid to Groups That Give Abortion Counseling

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/world/trump-ban-foreign-aid-abortions.html

Israel uses US foreign aid for free abortions Congress Passes Foreign Aid: $3 Billion to Israel

Congress Passes Foreign Aid: $3 Billion to Israel

JERUSALEM   A famously child-friendly country with a federally subsidized universal health care system that offers free fertility treatments, Israel has made it easier for economically distressed women to obtain an abortion.

The 2014 “health basket” of medical services and medications approved by Israel’s cabinet Sunday (Jan. 5) includes free abortions for Israeli women aged 20 to 33, regardless of the circumstances.

https://idavidmcallen.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/israel-uses-us-foreign-aid-for-free-abortions-congress-passes-foreign-aid-3-billion-to-israel/

@Chosen Daughter

obama did not fund or support Israel... guess that made him Pro Life.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline corbe

I saw a similar article on TrumpBart this morning, who incidentally is avoiding all mention of Manafort's deepening troubles.
   I have come to realize, as a few here tried to enlighten me many moons ago, Cruz is a politician, just as Trump HAS Become.   Sad.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
888high58888   RIV lost any credibility after the "lifelong political cretin" comment.  :rolling: :silly:

But, points for creativity.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The new definition is that if one is elected once to political office, one has made it a career.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The new definition is that if one is elected once to political office, one has made it a career.

That makes sense.  So, Trump is a career politician. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

If so its a damned poor definition IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oh, this is just silly -- or asinine--- the choice is yours.

Using Cruz as an example of a career politician, as I've posted up thread, every experience he chose, every exposure he sought was to propel himself into and through the political system.  And he did this from his earliest adult years without venturing off his path.

Need more proof of the career track he has voluntarily and enthusiastically chosen for himself?  He was a 44 year old first term Senator and he ran for the nomination for President of the United States.  And he will keep doing this --in large part because it is what he and others have been training him to do since he was old enough to vote.

Ted Cruz is a career politician. This is his choice.  I do not understand why this should and does insult you so.

@Sanguine @IsailedawayfromFR

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Using Cruz as an example of a career politician, as I've posted up thread, every experience he chose, every exposure he sought was to propel himself into and through the political system.  And he did this from his earliest adult years without venturing off his path.

Need more proof of the career track he has voluntarily and enthusiastically chosen for himself?  He was a 44 year old first term Senator and he ran for the nomination for President of the United States.  And he will keep doing this --in large part because it is what he and others have been training him to do since he was old enough to vote.

Ted Cruz is a career politician. This is his choice.  I do not understand why this should and does insult you so.

Uh, huh.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline endicom

Offline corbe

With all DUE Respect @Right_in_Virginia that post is unadulterated BS, borderline Blasphemy. IMHO.
    How in the hell is Cruz suppose to coast to reelection if he tells your Donald's GOP to gfy, he's playing your game, by your rules.    I hope the day comes when he shucks your BS off his back and becomes again, the Man we know him to be, a real threat to your pollyanna crap. .
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   I saw a similar article on TrumpBart this morning, who incidentally is avoiding all mention of Manafort's deepening troubles.
   I have come to realize, as a few here tried to enlighten me many moons ago, Cruz is a politician, just as Trump HAS Become.   Sad.

@corbe   Far more disappointed in you, babe, than in RIV.  I know she's got this hangup but I expected better of you.  I saw Ted on a panel show discussing his opposition to the proposed tariffs.  He has certainly not become any kind of Trump worshipper.

He dissents when needed and he admires when deserved.

When did politician become a bad word, anyway.  There are good ones and bad ones.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

@Chosen Daughter

You're claiming that Obama cut funding to Israel?   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

Well obviously that is not true.  But what is up with the double standard?  If we seriously were going to stop funding foreign abortions we would have to stop funding Israel defense.  I just think it is a double standard.  What is worse is that we are still funding them in our own country.  And between the two and their Evangelical/Jewish religiosity about End Times and Jewish Messiah you have to wonder why they would even expect God to show up!

BTW I read an article by a Rabbi who believed that Israel's abortion policy is an abomination that would hold back the coming of their (false) Messiah.

https://www.vosizneias.com/45764/2009/12/29/israel-chief-rabbis-abortions-delay-the-arrival-of-the-messiah/

Abortion is an abomination.

Exodus 1:15-21
 15 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah: 16 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live. 17 But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive. 18 And the king of Egypt called for the midwives, and said unto them, Why have ye done this thing, and have saved the men children alive? 19 And the midwives said unto Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not as the Egyptian women; for they are lively, and are delivered ere the midwives come in unto them. 20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very mighty. 21 And it came to pass, because the midwives feared God, that he made them houses.

So, no Senator Cruz there isn't anything great about that.  We should also be cleaning our own house.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:08:34 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

@corbe   Far more disappointed in you, babe, than in RIV.  I know she's got this hangup but I expected better of you.  I saw Ted on a panel show discussing his opposition to the proposed tariffs.  He has certainly not become any kind of Trump worshipper.

He dissents when needed and he admires when deserved.

When did politician become a bad word, anyway.  There are good ones and bad ones.

@Emjay I love ya girl, but if you'd read his book or followed his career you would realize Ted Cruz has become GOP in the last 2 years, in almost a sickening way (mother of necessity).   
   It's not a dig at Trump to suggest that perhaps he WAS the 'O'riginal anti-establishment candidate,. before that became cool.. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And you are STILL fos @Right_in_Virginia !

- J. R. R. Tolkien

And you are STILL fos @Right_in_Virginia !

I am not now nor ever have been FOS.

What has changed @Bigun is you used to be a man who engaged in honorable debate without resorting to personal insults like a whiny little girl.    This is not one of your finest moments.

Offline aligncare

My comments aren't about the primaries in 2016 @Emjay @Sanguine  --- although I understand that is still your focal point, so I've edited out your snark.

My comments are simply an acknowledgement that Cruz has chosen politics as his career, which makes him a politician.  I comment when his political instincts fail him, as during the convention.  And I comment when his political instincts serve him well, as now.

It's really nothing more complicated than seeing the Senator and assessing him as the professional he's chosen to be.   If he had chosen to be a butcher, I'd be assessing him in the parameters of that profession.   :shrug:

Professional politician makes a political calculation? I’m shocked, shocked I tell you.

Your original post was just fine. I didn’t read it as particularly critical of Cruz just a common sense observation.

Not sure why you got grief for it. Except to speculate some folks are just sensitive about their pet politician.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:12:42 am by aligncare »

Professional politician makes a political calculation? I’m shocked, shocked I tell you.

Your original post was just fine. I didn’t read it as particularly critical of Cruz, just a common sense observation.

Not sure why you got grief for it. Except to speculate some folks are just sensitive about their pet politician.

Thanks @aligncare   I do not understand why this is such an insult.   :shrug: