Author Topic: Former Trump Enemy Ted Cruz Pushes 7 Major Trump Victories for Faith, Family and Life  (Read 4542 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Let’s start with number one — judges,” Cruz said. “Principled, constitutionalist judges.”
Cruz mentioned the Trump administration’s victory concerning the nation’s courts with the appointment of Justice Neil Gorsuch, as well as the Supreme Court’s recent ruling in the Colorado bakery case.

â€œThe so-called Colorado Civil Rights Commission demonstrated an antipathy, an animosity to faith that was visceral,” Cruz said. The Supreme Court, however, ruled that “you cannot discriminate against religious faith,” he added, instead of ruling they must be forced to violate their consciences.
“That is not narrow,” Cruz added. “That is a bedrock principle of our First Amendment and of our nation.”

“A second victory concerns life,” Cruz continued, lauding the Trump administration’s “return of the Mexico City rules,” which prevented the U.S. from providing foreign aid to fund abortions in other countries.

Other facets of the administration’s victory for life, according to Cruz, include the new Health and Human Services rules preventing tax funding for health clinics that provide abortions, as well as the dismissal of the litigation against the Little Sisters of the Poor and the repeal of the “abhorrent so-called contraceptive mandate in Obamacare.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/former-trump-enemy-ted-cruz-pushes-7-major-trump-victories-for-faith-family-and-life/?

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's one.  For the other six, see link.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Very generous of Senator Cruz.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It was generous and I think he means it.  I think he's been pleasantly surprised, as I have, about how well Trump has governed so far.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

“A second victory concerns life,” Cruz continued, lauding the Trump administration’s “return of the Mexico City rules,” which prevented the U.S. from providing foreign aid to fund abortions in other countries.

There is a problem with this.  Israel is a government healthcare that provides abortions yet we don't seem to have a problem with that.

Trump Revives Ban on Foreign Aid to Groups That Give Abortion Counseling

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/world/trump-ban-foreign-aid-abortions.html

Israel uses US foreign aid for free abortions Congress Passes Foreign Aid: $3 Billion to Israel

Congress Passes Foreign Aid: $3 Billion to Israel

JERUSALEM   A famously child-friendly country with a federally subsidized universal health care system that offers free fertility treatments, Israel has made it easier for economically distressed women to obtain an abortion.

The 2014 “health basket” of medical services and medications approved by Israel’s cabinet Sunday (Jan. 5) includes free abortions for Israeli women aged 20 to 33, regardless of the circumstances.

https://idavidmcallen.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/israel-uses-us-foreign-aid-for-free-abortions-congress-passes-foreign-aid-3-billion-to-israel/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ted Cruz Shares 7 Biggest Christian Conservative Victories Since Trump Took Office
By Samuel Smith , CP Reporter | Jun 8, 2018 7:12 AM
Expand | Collapse

WASHINGTON — Speaking to a ballroom filled with Christian conservatives Thursday, 2016 presidential candidate Ted Cruz reflected on seven of the biggest victories for faith and families achieved since Donald Trump took over the White House in January 2017.

During a luncheon kicking off the annual Road to Majority Conference hosted by the influential social conservative advocacy group Faith & Freedom Coalition, the Texas senator celebrated the conservative political accomplishments of the last year and a half.

Cruz, who was the last Republican standing in Trump's way before Trump clinched the Republican nomination in 2016, has played a large role in the slim Republican-majority Senate that, he says, has led to victories for conservatives in addition to what has been accomplished by the Trump administration.

Read more at: https://www.christianpost.com/news/ted-cruz-shares-7-biggest-christian-conservative-victories-since-trump-took-office-224756/

Christian, Evangelical, it's not important to me, just to get a few at bats, a few hits, a few runs after 8 years of Obama.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:58:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

There is a problem with this.  Israel is a government healthcare that provides abortions yet we don't seem to have a problem with that.

Israel uses US foreign aid for free abortions Congress Passes Foreign Aid: $3 Billion to Israel

JERUSALEM   A famously child-friendly country with a federally subsidized universal health care system that offers free fertility treatments, Israel has made it easier for economically distressed women to obtain an abortion.

The 2014 “health basket” of medical services and medications approved by Israel’s cabinet Sunday (Jan. 5) includes free abortions for Israeli women aged 20 to 33, regardless of the circumstances.

https://idavidmcallen.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/israel-uses-us-foreign-aid-for-free-abortions-congress-passes-foreign-aid-3-billion-to-israel/

@Chosen Daughter   You are being a little silly.  You cannot expect us, or Trump, to reform the world.  You should be happy that he's trying to reform our own country.  Good Grief!

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter   You are being a little silly.  You cannot expect us, or Trump, to reform the world.  You should be happy that he's trying to reform our own country.  Good Grief!

What???  This thread is about the "victory for life"  Obviously there is no victory in Israel.  In fact we don't apparently have a problem with loss of life in Israel. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What???  This thread is about the "victory for life"  Obviously there is no victory in Israel.  In fact we don't apparently have a problem with loss of life in Israel.

Nope, not correct.  It's about us not funding abortions in other countries. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

Nope, not correct.  It's about us not funding abortions in other countries.

Its government socialized medicine.  If we are giving to the government we are funding abortion.  The Israel Defense Ministry pays for abortions for military and they are done in military hospital.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:03:39 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:silly:  Nothing "generous" about it.  President Trump is proving to very helpful to Republicans running for reelection this year.  If the President wasn't ... Cruz would be bitchin' all over him.

It's a political calculation, not generosity. And this calculation is one of his wiser ones, so good for Cruz. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
:silly:  Nothing "generous" about it.  President Trump is proving to very helpful to Republicans running for reelection this year.  If the President wasn't ... Cruz would be bitchin' all over him.

It's a political calculation, not generosity. And this calculation is one of his wiser ones, so good for Cruz.

Oh, thank you, RiV for enlightening us poor, mislead types here!  We really, really, really appreciate it. 

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

And, I'm sure that you opinion has nothing to do with the fact that Cruz was an opponent of Trump's. 

Offline RoosGirl

I don't see anything wrong with noting this information.  It's obviously in contrast to the article.

Offline endicom

Political calculation + Cruz getting much of what he wants + possibly paving the way for President Cruz.

Anything can happen between now and then but Trump getting elected may prove to be the best thing that's happened to Cruz. Seeing now all that is arrayed against Trump might make him a far more astute president than he would otherwise be.

Offline dfwgator

I don't get the hating on Ted.  The past is the past, and Cruz is probably Trump's strongest supporter in the Senate.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 10:42:05 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Chosen Daughter

I don't see anything wrong with noting this information.  It's obviously in contrast to the article.

And since our support for Israel has gone past support of good allies into a religious realm (indicated at Embassy opening), it makes sense to assure they are worthy of Gods blessings. I am wondering how we can stand up with our religious rhetoric supporting a country that doesn't even value human life?  Does God bless abortion?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't get the hating on Ted.  The past is the past, and Cruz is probably Trump's strongest supporter in the Senate.

The only thing I can figure is that he challenged Trump.  Apparently that's unforgivable.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Oh, thank you, RiV for enlightening us poor, mislead types here!  We really, really, really appreciate it. 

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

And, I'm sure that you opinion has nothing to do with the fact that Cruz was an opponent of Trump's.

We can always count on @Right_in_Virginia for extremely grudging acceptance of anything Cruz @Sanguine.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We can always count on @Right_in_Virginia for extremely grudging acceptance of anything Cruz @Sanguine.

I know, and I should just ignore it.  I guess I just don't understand keeping the rancor going.  Maybe it's just how some people roll.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I know, and I should just ignore it.  I guess I just don't understand keeping the rancor going.  Maybe it's just how some people roll.

It's totally weird @Sanguine.  Why can't @Right_in_Virginia just take the win and be generous.  Her Boy gave a great speech and Q&A this morning and I was effusive in my compliments to him.

But, no, she just can't swallow the Ted nut.

That's one way of looking at it @Emjay @Sanguine ..... Or you could appreciate it for seeing and understanding Cruz for the lifelong political cretin he is .... and supporting him anyway.  But, you do whatever works for you.   :shrug:

It's totally weird @Sanguine.  Why can't @Right_in_Virginia just take the win and be generous.

My comments aren't about the primaries in 2016 @Emjay @Sanguine  --- although I understand that is still your focal point, so I've edited out your snark.

My comments are simply an acknowledgement that Cruz has chosen politics as his career, which makes him a politician.  I comment when his political instincts fail him, as during the convention.  And I comment when his political instincts serve him well, as now.

It's really nothing more complicated than seeing the Senator and assessing him as the professional he's chosen to be.   If he had chosen to be a butcher, I'd be assessing him in the parameters of that profession.   :shrug:

Offline goodwithagun

That's one way of looking at it @Emjay @Sanguine ..... Or you could appreciate it for seeing and understanding Cruz for the lifelong political cretin he is .... and supporting him anyway.  But, you do whatever works for you.   :shrug:

So feckless of you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Right_in_Virginia

YOU are STILL fos when it comes to Ted Cruz.  You should seek help and rid yourself of this crazy phobia!  You and @TomSea both!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@Right_in_Virginia

YOU are STILL fos when it comes to Ted Cruz.  You should seek help and rid yourself of this crazy phobia!  You and @TomSea both!

888high58888   RIV lost any credibility after the "lifelong political cretin" comment.  :rolling: :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.