Author Topic: Kasich’s big 2020 strategy: Move left, pretend to be hip, attack Trump  (Read 8072 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@RoosGirl
@catfish1957

I wrote that in July; other candidates, besides those two, were on the November ballot.  I could vote for anyone and in Texas it would not matter, because Trump was going to take it.  A vote for Hillary or anyone but Trump, meant nothing in Texas - neither did a blank in that space; that was the best choice.  I will not vote for Trump in 2020 if he is still around and on the ballot.  If it is him and someone else in the primary, I'll vote for that person and if it is Kasich only, I will vote for him.  Plus, I will examine the Democrat selected after the primary if the Republican candidate is Trump.

I will not vote for Trump as I believe he has a serious personality disorder.  His behavior is evidence of it every day. Mental health workers across the country believe it, too.

As crazy and incompetent as Trump is, he is still a half a notch over the evil bitch Hillary
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It is also extremely brilliant on your part to support John Kasich, a man who publicly stated that supporting Obamacare in his state was justified because Jesus told him too. Nothing even close to unstable with that comment.

@Frank Cannon
You got a quote for that buddy?  No.  You don't.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Kasich looks viable as a spoiler if NeverTrumpers want to elect a rat instead. ...

He does have some experience in that area.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
You got a quote for that buddy?  No.  You don't.

John Kasich: A Theocrat the Left Can Love
By David French

February 9, 2016 8:40 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/02/john-kasich-liberals-favorite-christian-theocrat/

I had a conversation with one of the members of the legislature the other day. I said, ‘I respect the fact that you believe in small government. I do, too. I also know that you’re a person of faith.

Now, when you die and get to the meeting with St. Peter, he’s probably not going to ask you much about what you did about keeping government small. But he is going to ask you what you did for the poor. You better have a good answer.

If Jesus were active in politics today, wouldn’t he be lobbying for the poor?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And you've just made an excellent argument why the economy and the nation needs more immigrants - to keep watering the tree of opportunity.   
Are you speaking of those legally coming here or illegally coming here?

If the latter, you are as stupid as stupid is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't wonder about anything. I know exactly why the country has gone to hell. It's because people sit around wallowing in self pity whining about how shitty things are instead of doing anything about it. They wander around their depressed areas complaining why some magic unicorn company doesn't swoop into their Deadsville and bestow high paying jobs instead of getting off their asses and move to where things are happening. They whine about how terrible their love life is, their car is, their house is yet don't do a damn thing on their own to improve anything.

It's the Siren Song of all the Trump haters here. Reminiscing about how awesome it was when Cruz/McMuffin/Kasich/Random Loser ran for President, even though they lost their asses. Fit to be tied over Trump Twit Storms like they matter. Constantly waving articles from the Leftist MSM based on no sources or hard news just to fit their narrative even though a few years ago they were bashing these outlets. Desperate for everyone to feel the anxiety they feel 24/7. It's all a clown show.
If you're going to start personally attacking me, you can go to Rochester for all I care, because unlike you, I don't hide behind a screen name. So F off.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

John Kasich: A Theocrat the Left Can Love
By David French

February 9, 2016 8:40 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/02/john-kasich-liberals-favorite-christian-theocrat/

Like I said...

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If you're going to start personally attacking me, you can go to Rochester for all I care, because unlike you, I don't hide behind a screen name. So F off.

I don't see that as a personal attack.  Seems pretty general.  Vicious yes, but generally vicious.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I don't see that as a personal attack.  Seems pretty general.  Vicious yes, but generally vicious.

Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Let me actually address this:

First of all, the reason I'm in the situation I'm in is my own fault. I royally screwed up when choosing my career path, thinking there'd be opportunity for me to do something practical, but the recession hit as soon as I graduated, and the job market has never been quite the same. So my life plans A (find work in my field, and yes, I would have gladly relocated back then, but there wasn't any), B (parlay my degree and experience into something better than where I was) and C (stick to my previous job until I found something better, then the place I worked went out of business) all crashed and burned. OK, maybe my foresight was bad, but given my skill set and talents, I didn't have many options. Everything I'm good at is grossly overcrowded or underpaid, and moving to a place with no connections is only going to make that worse.

Second of all, the same type of people Frank bashed as lazy losers for not dropping everything and moving somewhere where the jobs are supposedly so much better are the exact same ones that Donald Trump promised to help. Well? He's in office, now what?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Very valid to take the word of a group of activist Commie Pinkos shrinks with an agenda, who never sat down with the man, saying he has mental issues. It's not like it is a violation of ethics to make such diagnosis in that fashion. It is also irrelevant that some didn't even hold valid licenses to practice, because the issue is just too darn important. It is also extremely brilliant on your part to support John Kasich, a man who publicly stated that supporting Obamacare in his state was justified because Jesus told him too. Nothing even close to unstable with that comment.

It is a joy and pleasure reading your posts. You're a blessing to all of us and I look forward to you bestowing more of your keen insights and wisdom here so we all can be enlightened.

I know some "mental health workers," that strongly support our President. One is a well known clinical psychologist, and another is retired VA psych nurse, still working.

I do layman's work, in psych too. I tell alcoholics to stop drinking, or it will kill them or worse yet, kill somebody else.

But a "psych" professional would bill them for yet another session about their inner child, their demons, their triggers, their abusive parents, etc. They would suggest the alcoholic not drink on the appointment day, until after the appointment.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

First of all, the reason I'm in the situation I'm in is my own fault. I royally screwed up when choosing my career path, thinking there'd be opportunity for me to do something practical, but the recession hit as soon as I graduated, and the job market has never been quite the same. So my life plans A (find work in my field, and yes, I would have gladly relocated back then, but there wasn't any), B (parlay my degree and experience into something better than where I was) and C (stick to my previous job until I found something better, then the place I worked went out of business) all crashed and burned. OK, maybe my foresight was bad, but given my skill set and talents, I didn't have many options. Everything I'm good at is grossly overcrowded or underpaid, and moving to a place with no connections is only going to make that worse.

Second of all, the same type of people Frank bashed as lazy losers for not dropping everything and moving somewhere where the jobs are supposedly so much better are the exact same ones that Donald Trump promised to help. Well? He's in office, now what?

Wish I had the answers for you Myrle...if you were my son I would advise you but I do not feel that is my place.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Now see here...I've been reading  your posts for quite some time now, Myrle, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with you, you are as well-centered as they come.  Illegitimi non carborundum, or more properly, Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.  If you lived in my town I'd be offering you a libation at a local watering hole.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wish I had the answers for you Myrle...if you were my son I would advise you but I do not feel that is my place.

Same here.  If I had time and the inclination I could write about all the strange and sometimes counter-productive turns my life has taken, in spite of my best attempts at planning otherwise.  What a great ride it's been, regardless of the overturned plans littering the way.

Of course, that's in the past, and Myrle is looking towards a future that he can't discern yet. If I'd known how things were going to turn out, I wouldn't have wasted so much time and effort worrying about them.

Offline RoosGirl

Well I'll address it if no one else will.  First of all, you don't just up and move somewhere and hope to find a job.  You search and apply for jobs, go on interviews and then relocate if you receive an offer that you want to accept. 
Second of all, it's not your fault that you didn't have the forsight to see a crash coming, but it is your fault if you use that as an excuse not to move forward. Shit happens. I doubt there is anyone whose life has turned out exactly as they planned and hoped.  And you really don't blame a POTUS for not making all your dreams come true.  Make a new plan and move forward, and if that doesn't work make a new, new plan.  Stop thinking you have no control over what happens to you.

Now see here...I've been reading  your posts for quite some time now, Myrle, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with you, you are as well-centered as they come.  Illegitimi non carborundum, or more properly, Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.  If you lived in my town I'd be offering you a libation at a local watering hole.
@jmyrlefuller 

Hear! Hear!  Well stated.  I was searching for the right words and @Cyber Liberty posted them.

Offline truth_seeker

Well I'll address it if no one else will.  First of all, you don't just up and move somewhere and hope to find a job.  You search and apply for jobs, go on interviews and then relocate if you receive an offer that you want to accept. 
Second of all, it's not your fault that you didn't have the forsight to see a crash coming, but it is your fault if you use that as an excuse not to move forward. Shit happens. I doubt there is anyone whose life has turned out exactly as they planned and hoped.  And you really don't blame a POTUS for not making all your dreams come true.  Make a new plan and move forward, and if that doesn't work make a new, new plan.  Stop thinking you have no control over what happens to you.

Sounds like what I would say. Work hard. Play hard. Take chances. Accept risks. Adapt. Plan but not too much.

My father always advised staying in a job for at least a year. So it wouldn't look bad on a resume. But if it isn't working out by then, leave for something else, hopefully better.

But don't sit too long in a rut going nowhere.

Offline corbe

Since this has turned into a Myrle advice Thread, I would like to add that a crazy woman is not necessarily better than no woman.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Virtually all o called Conservatives and Republicans still bitching about every little dauly foible, didn't vote for him anyway.

They voted for some no-chance guy, but think their voices should matter today.

@truth_seeker

EXACTLY!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@RoosGirl

WELL SAID!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@RoosGirl

WELL SAID!

Has anyone read Jordan Peterson's book, specifically the lobster part?  Really enlightening.

Offline truth_seeker

Has anyone read Jordan Peterson's book, specifically the lobster part?  Really enlightening.

He's good, isn't he ??

I really get something from him, Ben Shapiro, Stefan Mollyneux, Scott Adams and a few others that can be found of youtube

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
   Since this has turned into a Myrle advice Thread, I would like to add that a crazy woman is not necessarily better than no woman.

Depends on how long since you've been with a woman....

Offline RoosGirl

@Sanguine

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Roos wrote:
I just thank God that we're past the "not voting for X is a vote for Y".

I'm not "past it".

I've become a "party-ideological" voter.

I vote for the Republicans because I do what I must to (at least try) to prevent the democrat-communist candidate from winning.

I realize that -- in most cases -- a vote for any third-party candidate only INCREASES the possibility that the dem-communist candidate will win.

There are very, very few cases in which I WOULD NOT vote for the Republican candidate. For example, if I lived in Paul Ryan's district I would probably refrain from voting for him, that he might lose and we would be rid of him. I would NOT vote for the democrat-communist, but just withhold my vote altogether.

I cannot conceive of a situation in which I would ever vote (directly) for a democrat-communist candidate again.

Having written that, I'm not "Republican party über alles". Considering the state the party is in right now, I would prefer "a third way". But once again, Fishrrman's credo intrudes:
"Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be".

And that's why I vote the way I do.