Author Topic: Kasich’s big 2020 strategy: Move left, pretend to be hip, attack Trump  (Read 8069 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

And you wonder why this country has gone to Hell.

I don't wonder about anything. I know exactly why the country has gone to hell. It's because people sit around wallowing in self pity whining about how shitty things are instead of doing anything about it. They wander around their depressed areas complaining why some magic unicorn company doesn't swoop into their Deadsville and bestow high paying jobs instead of getting off their asses and move to where things are happening. They whine about how terrible their love life is, their car is, their house is yet don't do a damn thing on their own to improve anything.

It's the Siren Song of all the Trump haters here. Reminiscing about how awesome it was when Cruz/McMuffin/Kasich/Random Loser ran for President, even though they lost their asses. Fit to be tied over Trump Twit Storms like they matter. Constantly waving articles from the Leftist MSM based on no sources or hard news just to fit their narrative even though a few years ago they were bashing these outlets. Desperate for everyone to feel the anxiety they feel 24/7. It's all a clown show.

Offline Frank Cannon

If I could, I think what @Frank Cannon is saying, in his particularly inelegant way, is that we can be outraged and angered all we want to, but without action to go along with the anger and outrage, we're not doing anything but virtue signalling.  If we don't get out there and do our best to get reasonable candidates elected, then we are howling in the wilderness (to mix my metaphors and poets) without having any positive effect on a bad situation.  I'm sure if I've gotten it wrong, Frank will correct me.
@Sanguine

I like it. It's classy. I'll start PM'ing you my posts from now on so you can upgrade up the verbiage.

Offline RoosGirl

I don't wonder about anything. I know exactly why the country has gone to hell. It's because people sit around wallowing in self pity whining about how shitty things are instead of doing anything about it. They wander around their depressed areas complaining why some magic unicorn company doesn't swoop into their Deadsville and bestow high paying jobs instead of getting off their asses and move to where things are happening. They whine about how terrible their love life is, their car is, their house is yet don't do a damn thing on their own to improve anything.

It's the Siren Song of all the Trump haters here. Reminiscing about how awesome it was when Cruz/McMuffin/Kasich/Random Loser ran for President, even though they lost their asses. Fit to be tied over Trump Twit Storms like they matter. Constantly waving articles from the Leftist MSM based on no sources or hard news just to fit their narrative even though a few years ago they were bashing these outlets. Desperate for everyone to feel the anxiety they feel 24/7. It's all a clown show.

In other words, they're lazy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

And you've just made an excellent argument why the economy and the nation needs more immigrants - to keep watering the tree of opportunity.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline RoosGirl

Truth (lack of) Seeker conveinently  deleted the post I see.  I don't remember Victoria33 saying that either. Wouldn't be the first Orange Slandered comment here.

Actually, it looks like @truth_seeker is correct:

Because Trump is insane, I would vote for Clinton rather than him and I may do that.  She will not push the red button and destroy us but insane Trump likely will.  If he kills us all, we will be dead because we didn't elect Clinton.  I prefer to vote to stay alive.  I will not chance my life and my family's life with Trump.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Actually, it looks like @truth_seeker is correct:

Dang...  then I retract, and will delete post. Why would she say that?  Geez.

OTOH....  like I said earlier, there were 15 others in the primary that I prefered over the orange fool
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:40:05 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

The only place you can still hear talk like that are on the cable news networks.

There’s always been a little left wing bias in the press as long as I can remember. But not until Trump came along have I seen them so frenzied out of their minds day and night. Every one of them over the top with hatred and anger. I’ve never seen anything like this.

Offline dfwgator

Yes, the media will love Kasich.

Then, in the unlikely chance, he actually gets the nomination, the media will turn him into the second coming of Hitler, just like they did with Romney.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The new McCain
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The only place you can still hear talk like that are on the cable news networks.

There’s always been a little left wing bias in the press as long as I can remember. But not until Trump came along have I seen them so frenzied out of their minds day and night. Every one of them over the top with hatred and anger. I’ve never seen anything like this.
The slant, the bias, the outright distortions are now very open and notorious.

I spend zero time on network or cable news. I listen to Hannity and Levin on sat. radio. I spend time viewing youtubers like Ben Schapiro, Scott Adams, Jordan Peterson, David Ruben, etc.

And of course online Drudge, Free Republic for means of getting the news. Some AM radio, like if there is a fire or flood in Santa Barbara, you can't beat TV.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm just waiting for some of you to stop barking at Trump supporters and get back to targeting leftists.

@skeeter @Applewood

You had better have the patience of a saint if that is the case because people like Applewood see non-party Republicans as a MUCH bigger threat than even Islam. Leftist wusses like JEB or one of the other usual suspects give them the vapors,though.

Local Republicans and semi-Republicans are firing up for local elections here,and sending out fliers. Seems like I get 3 or 4 each week from different Republicans I never heard of before,all touting their conservative credentials. ESPECIALLY on gun control. I was looking at one yesterday that hit all the spots and seemed to be a winner,and then he bragged about being a graduate of something like "The Bush School of Government". Not one chance in hell of ME voting for that SOB!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Frank Cannon

They sound like a bunch of 15 year old girl groupies from the mid-60's,arguing over who is the cutest Beatle,and how much they hate the Stones for taking record sales away from the Mop Tops,don't they?

And the saddest part of it most of them aren't even females.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And you've just made an excellent argument why the economy and the nation needs more immigrants - to keep watering the tree of opportunity.   

@Jazzhead

I know you are a musician,but don't you think you are too old now to still be taking hallucinogenic drugs?

What those people are doing is watering the legs of the Americans on the lower side of the economic scale by taking their jobs.

Offline Axeslinger

By all means, please keep going around this forum telling us how conservative you are.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

What I think has all their  panties all in a wad is the role reversal,and them being on the losing side of it for the first time. When Trump was running,they were all secretly getting wood because they KNEW Trump was a NYC Billionaire,and hard-core Dim playing a role to steal the Christmas presents from the "Ebil Republicans" if by some miracle he managed to beat the Dim Goddess,Bubbette! They probably figured he was running to destroy any conservative that might have opposed her,and were positively orgasmic when he won because they figured he would take a hard left and turn into Rudy,Part 2.

Then the dirty bastid knifed  them in the back by doing or trying to do everything he said he was going to do or try to do.

The GALL of the man!

It's usually the conservatives that get hit with that setup every election year,only to have the rug snatched out from under their feet after the election. Now it's the Dims,and they don't like it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yes, the media will love Kasich.

Then, in the unlikely chance, he actually gets the nomination, the media will turn him into the second coming of Hitler, just like they did with Romney.

Precisely. And Trump got a lot of support from folks, that could see the probable outcome of nominating another such certain loser.

If you measure Trump on policy outcomes he should get very good ratings, from Republicans and Conservatives.

Virtually all o called Conservatives and Republicans still bitching about every little dauly foible, didn't vote for him anyway.

They voted for some no-chance guy, but think their voices should matter today.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

I like it. It's classy. I'll start PM'ing you my posts from now on so you can upgrade up the verbiage.

888high58888

I'm glad I got it right.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:12:24 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
In other words, they're lazy.

Well....

I don't think the anti-Trumpers are lazy.  But -- and I'm not saying this to be rude -- their error is in believing they are more important than they really are.  They believe that the withholding of support will "teach the GOP a lesson", and that as a result, the party will change to become more aligned with their views.  But "lessons" that come from withholding support are meaningless, because people withhold their votes for all sorts of very different reasons.  Some may not have voted for him because he was too liberal.  Others because he was too conservative.  Maybe he was too rich, or too crude.  Who the hell knows exactly why you, as an individual, didn't vote for someone?  The point is that an abstention simply does not send a clear enough message to change anything, in any particular direction.

Voting for the person you want to win sends a message.  Not voting for someone sends no message at all -- except perhaps to yourself, and family/friends whom you choose to tell.  But in terms of how it impacts politics...the impact of not voting is zero. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:12:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline RoosGirl

Well....

I don't think the anti-Trumpers are lazy.  But -- and I'm not saying this to be rude -- their error is in believing they are more important than they really are.  They believe that the withholding of support will "teach the GOP a lesson", and that as a result, the party will change to become more aligned with their views.  But "lessons" that come from withholding support are meaningless, because people withhold their votes for all sorts of very different reasons.  Some may not have voted for him because he was too liberal.  Others because he was too conservative.  Maybe he was too rich, or too crude.  Who the hell knows exactly why you, as an individual, didn't vote for someone?  The point is that an abstention simply does not send a clear enough message to change anything, in any particular direction.

Voting for the person you want to win sends a message.  Not voting for someone sends no message at all -- except perhaps to yourself, and family/friends whom you choose to tell.  But in terms of how it impacts politics...the impact of not voting is zero.

I just thank God that we're past the "not voting for X is a vote for Y".

Offline Victoria33

Dang...  then I retract, and will delete post. Why would she say that?  Geez.
OTOH....  like I said earlier, there were 15 others in the primary that I prefered over the orange fool
@RoosGirl
@catfish1957

I wrote that in July; other candidates, besides those two, were on the November ballot.  I could vote for anyone and in Texas it would not matter, because Trump was going to take it.  A vote for Hillary or anyone but Trump, meant nothing in Texas - neither did a blank in that space; that was the best choice.  I will not vote for Trump in 2020 if he is still around and on the ballot.  If it is him and someone else in the primary, I'll vote for that person and if it is Kasich only, I will vote for him.  Plus, I will examine the Democrat selected after the primary if the Republican candidate is Trump.

I will not vote for Trump as I believe he has a serious personality disorder.  His behavior is evidence of it every day. Mental health workers across the country believe it, too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Sanguine

I'm sorry but you will need to get in line buddy.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

I will not vote for Trump as I believe he has a serious personality disorder.  His behavior is evidence of it every day. Mental health workers across the country believe it, too.

Very valid to take the word of a group of activist Commie Pinkos shrinks with an agenda, who never sat down with the man, saying he has mental issues. It's not like it is a violation of ethics to make such diagnosis in that fashion. It is also irrelevant that some didn't even hold valid licenses to practice, because the issue is just too darn important. It is also extremely brilliant on your part to support John Kasich, a man who publicly stated that supporting Obamacare in his state was justified because Jesus told him too. Nothing even close to unstable with that comment.

It is a joy and pleasure reading your posts. You're a blessing to all of us and I look forward to you bestowing more of your keen insights and wisdom here so we all can be enlightened.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

It is a joy and pleasure reading your posts. You're a blessing to all of us and I look forward to you bestowing more of your keen insights and wisdom here so we all can be enlightened.

I second that.  An if I might add, you are an absolute treasure and an asset to the board.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I just thank God that we're past the "not voting for X is a vote for Y".

Yeah, that was a rhetorical point that was pushed long after its sell-by date.  Not voting for anyone is...not a vote for anyone.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Kasich looks viable as a spoiler if NeverTrumpers want to elect a rat instead.  I don't know if I would take the time to support Kasich just to defeat Trump, but I might just to poke an eye in Trump supporters who are arguably more corrosive, obnoxious, and abusive than Trump himself.  I really don't see much to lose...MAGAwise.

If the rats offers a candidate that embodies a rejection of the past southern rat xenophobia, a walk back from pro-union tariffs, and showing the respect of even paying lip-service on issues of abortion, limited government, and public debate and transparency before passing legislation, maybe I could vote for Kasich.  If the rats choose an equally repugnant candidate as    Trump I probably also vote for Kasich.  I doubt he runs.  I think he's just collecting money.

Kasich was low on my list of 17 last primary.  Just above Trump and Cruz.  If I thought he could beat Trump I would support him today with many fewer reservations than I had in 2016.