Author Topic: Kelly Says Trump Now Believes Border Wall Is Unnecessary  (Read 2273 times)

Offline endicom

Re: Kelly Says Trump Now Believes Border Wall Is Unnecessary
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2018, 12:55:48 am »
Your third world shithole comment made me think about something (again) that hapened this week.  My older dog is ill and was prescribed a medication that keeps her from producing too much insulin which causes her blood sugar to get too low.  The medication is diazoxide, which is a human drug and works as a diuretic and I believe is also used to lower extremely high blood pressure.  One huge grocery chain, Publix, that has a pharmacy in each store has the medication for $1500 for a month supply.  I told the vet I could not afford that and he checked with a local compounding pharmacy.  They can custom mix the prescription and it's $225 for a month supply.  I did that for one month and called to renew and was told their supplier can't get one of the ingredients; it's backordered until May.  What the hell?  How is any human medication backordered for 3 months?  I must be naive to think that an impossibility in the USA.

$177 for 100 50mg tablets, if you have a prescription: https://www.pharmacyrxworld.com/buy-Proglycem.html

$314 for 200 tablets.

$447 for 300 tablets.

@RoosGirl

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2018, 12:56:49 am »
Uh...oh...you certainly aren't going to be very popular with that post and quite possibly, you just might have pizzed off a whole bunch of people.   888high58888

When you are as wrong as the Trump Brigade has been, it has to be terribly embarrassing to acknowledge, and even less to accept.

OTOH....   they are the ones who have to live with the fact they brought us this Trojan Horse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2018, 12:59:10 am »
Thank you.  My vet has another compounding pharmacy he works with.  They're in NJ and had the meds available.  I talked with them yesterday and have the refill today for $50 less than the local compounding pharmacy in Florida.

Glad to hear it - pets are family too!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2018, 01:04:41 am »

$177 for 100 50mg tablets, if you have a prescription: https://www.pharmacyrxworld.com/buy-Proglycem.html

$314 for 200 tablets.

$447 for 300 tablets.

@RoosGirl

Doggie dosage must be quite different than human dosage.  My girl is 50 lbs and is taking 300 mg per day via 1 mL liquid dosage. It's not the lowest dosage the vet tried, but it's the next up.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:05:07 am by RoosGirl »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2018, 01:36:51 am »
Of course, but the Trumpists told us we were wrong when we pointed that out.

Stop making up crap @Suppressed   Candidate Trump was very clear on the border wall ... including where it would not be feasible to build it due to natural terrain.

You should have listened to him.

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2018, 01:37:56 am »
Donald Trump plans March visit to San Diego border wall prototypes, reports say
AZ Central, Feb 27, 2018

President Donald Trump is expected to visit the prototypes of his long-promised border wall sometime next month, according to administration officials quoted Monday by the Washington Post.

The visit is expected to take place in mid-March, the Post reported.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2018/02/27/donald-trump-plans-march-visit-san-diego-border-wall-prototypes-reports-say/375110002/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2018, 01:44:33 am »

...hmm... prototypes and no $$ for the wall in budget.  Oh that's right, that was supposed to be in the deal that he made with the DEMS over DACA.  Got it!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2018, 01:49:08 am »

Be careful.  Every time you click on the pic, the wall gets 10ft taller.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2018, 01:50:55 am »
Stop making up crap @Suppressed   Candidate Trump was very clear on the border wall ... including where it would not be feasible to build it due to natural terrain.

You should have listened to him.

He gave different answers at different times, as he is wont to do.  I listened to when he said the entire border.  I listened when he said 1,000 miles.  I listened when he said 1,000 miles plus the 670 miles of fencing.

But when it was said to be impractical to build it along the entire border, I was told by Trumpists that was wrong.

Not a bit made up. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2018, 01:52:05 am »
...hmm... prototypes and no $$ for the wall in budget.  Oh that's right, that was supposed to be in the deal that he made with the DEMS over DACA.  Got it!

« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2018, 01:54:49 am »
But when it was said to be impractical to build it along the entire border, I was told by Trumpists that was wrong.

Well, candidate and President Trump always said there were areas where the terrain doesn't support a wall. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2018, 01:59:58 am »
What the hell?  How is any human medication backordered for 3 months?  I must be naive to think that an impossibility in the USA.

Uh...actually..there are LOTS of drugs like that all the time. 

Go to https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/default.cfm to see FDA's current list.

Example screenshots of part of the list...

Click on an entry, and you get a screen that might show how many months you have to wait.  For example, this one is almost back in stock...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2018, 02:02:40 am »
Of course, but the Trumpists told us we were wrong when we pointed that out.

I never thought that any of it was real.  Especially the deporting part.  Reason being that this government has had the red carpet rolled out for illegals.  Many have business loans, car loans and mortgages they got with ITIN tax ID's our government gave them.  He sure got the crowds all worked up though didn't he.

They need to put a stop to banks lending to illegals.  Makes it hard to deport if they are going to default on loans.  Then they would be coming to the American people again for a bail out.

Stop all welfare to illegals.  Food, housing, and health care.  Steep penalties if not jail time for corporations that hire illegals.  Right now it is tax time and illegals are claiming children that are not even in the U.S. on tax returns using their ITIN.  They are getting tax returns Americans could only dream of.  10, 11 thousand dollars.  Make it all stop, and build the wall.

f
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2018, 02:04:15 am »

Go to https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages/default.cfm to see FDA's current list.

Example screenshots of part of the list...

Click on an entry, and you get a screen that might show how many months you have to wait.  For example, this one is almost back in stock...

Wow, that's hard to believe.  I note that Fentanyl is in short supply.  Is that cause the street dealers have it all?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2018, 02:06:17 am »
I never thought that any of it was real.  Especially the deporting part.

What?  You don't believe he has a Deportation ForceTM all ready to go?

Remember that one?  Yet another one the Trumpists conveniently forget.
+++++++++

Offline libertybele

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2018, 02:09:13 am »

I've been on Atorvastatin going on 3 years now and the manufacturer of that drug has changed several times and even the shape and color of the pill has changed and at one time availability was scarce -- it now comes from a manufacturer in India.  I'm sure it obviously has to do with cost and what the insurance company will pay.  This last change enables me to get this med at no charge.  I haven't done any research as to drugs coming from India, but I've read and saw a documentary indicating that they have excellent hospitals and doctors over there and surgeries and procedures (including rehab and aftercare) are performed for a fraction of the cost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2018, 02:10:03 am »
Wow, that's hard to believe.  I note that Fentanyl is in short supply.  Is that cause the street dealers have it all?

Well, one of the manufacturers listed says they have it available.  One says manufacturing delay.  Another said something else. 

Pfizer issued a letter (in November) about the shortage and how they're increasing their manufacturing of it...
https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/UCM586737.pdf
+++++++++

Online roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2018, 02:10:50 am »

NO, NO, No!  MEXICO is gonna pay for it!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2018, 02:15:52 am »
Well, one of the manufacturers listed says they have it available.  One says manufacturing delay.  Another said something else. 

Pfizer issued a letter (in November) about the shortage and how they're increasing their manufacturing of it...
https://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/UCM586737.pdf

From my understanding it is fairly inexpensive and extremely potent making it not only a profitable street drug but a popular drug used by the medical community.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2018, 02:17:28 am »
There could certainly be more of a wall than what little is there right now.

We could at least provide enough of a deterrent that people camping in Big Bend state park don't have to work about accidentally camping on a human trafficking/drug mule route in the park and being killed for it.

We keep focusing on the wrong things and ignoring the important things.  Like the safety of Americans...like the Constitutional responsibility the President is legally bound to do like secure the borders....it's right there in his oath.

And then there is this:

Section 4, Article 4 of the U.S. Constitution, which states:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/lawmakers-told-constitution-requires-secure-border/#5hYFeWvsIsxF2EqY.99

We don't need all this superficial crap being bandied about in Congress and the media about reform and bi-partisan Gang of 8  DACA bullsh*t.

We just need to follow the Constitution.

Of course.  That's not what I said and I don't think it's what Kelly said.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2018, 02:34:42 am »
I haven't done any research as to drugs coming from India, but I've read and saw a documentary indicating that they have excellent hospitals and doctors over there and surgeries and procedures (including rehab and aftercare) are performed for a fraction of the cost.

Having been to both private and government-run hospitals in India - I can tell you the documentary you saw is as truthful as Michael Moore selling us on the superiority of healthcare in Cuba.

Private hospitals are ala carte and you have to pay for your care in advance after paying bribes.  Government hospitals are worse - with bribes required and wait times measured in entire days with care that is almost subhuman.   I cannot even begin to describe what the government hospital in Kakinada was like without getting nauseous remembering it.  The private hospital was a bit better and cleaner (by Indian standards) and while the cost of care is a fraction of what it is here (my wife's emergency room visit with IVs for vomiting and dehydration was only $35 US), but when it comes to major healthcare issues such as heart attack, you are into them for multiple thousands of dollars that have to be paid in advance of any treatment being administered to you.

Also, I noticed when living there, that the doctors tend to throw medicine at their many patients.  A lot of diseases have become drug-resistant over there due to the over-prescribed antibiotics and other medicines, most of which we also discovered were frauds - sugar pills in cases that were listed to be blood thinners.  Fraud is rampant there and hospital pharmacies tend to dish out the corruption as readily as a vendor on the street.

But if you have money - and will wave it around - and you can hide your caste if you are a dalit, you can get whatever you want to find in India.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2018, 02:58:27 am »
   I hate to get back on Xanax but I see my Dr. later this week and I believe for the sake of my Health I should tell him my TDS is not getting better, in fact, it's getting worse.  It's not so much him, I've accepted that, it's his Cult like following that bend themselves into pretzels everyday defending him.  It is these once honorable people that are causing me to lose hope again in the ability of mankind to function above the level of a Circus.

You are not the only one.  I've been treating my TDS with whiskey.  Quite honestly, it works really well.  I've been working on a theory that facts and the truth mean nothing in Post Trump America.  It's based off what everyone of President Trump's detractors say...and there is a yuge amount of them.  Well past a majority IMO, but it is hard to tell when all the media has an agenda.  Good luck.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2018, 02:59:52 am »
But if you have money - and will wave it around - and you can hide your caste if you are a dalit, you can get whatever you want to find in India.

What if you're feeling Sikh?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2018, 03:10:59 am »
Reminds me of Spinal Tap and Stonehenge.
lol

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2018, 03:24:29 am »
The olde "conservatives are victims" claim. Own it.
The olde "conservatives are actually winning" claim.  Are you feeling vigorous and energized for November? 
A simple "yes" is fine, I've heard the reasons before.
I am not.  I expect bad things, and I'm dreading it.