Author Topic: Fla. shooting survivor pleads for gun control: ‘We are children, you guys are the adults’  (Read 12164 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Exactly. Some politician was railing earlier today that he's a hunter, but no hunter ever would use an AR-15 and there's no legitimate need for them. I know very little about hunting guns, but asked myself, "Why not? Isn't it just another semi-auto rifle?"
They make a good varmint rifle, but the ordinary .223/5.56 AR fires too small a bullet for deer in many jurisdictions. They are also good for small game and furbearers, but us old school guys will just use a .22.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
My daughter at 16 bagged a 175 lb doe at 160 yards on one knee with her mini-14.

No exit wound - bullet in the heart.  That was an amazing afternoon providing a freezer full that lasted for dang near a year.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

My daughter at 16 bagged a 175 lb doe at 160 yards on one knee with her mini-14.

No exit wound - bullet in the heart.  That was an amazing afternoon providing a freezer full that lasted for dang near a year.

I didn't get to teach my kids. Too bunged up at the time. Never been hunting with either of my boys. It grieves me. But I intend to fix it with em pretty soon... and with the grandkids.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:55:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Good for her!

I'm not saying the round isn't capable of bringing down a deer--obviously, it is, but some jurisdictions still have a proscription on hunting deer with a bullet smaller than .25 caliber.  :shrug:

Heck, a .22LR will bring down a whitetail if you place the shot. (Don't ask how I know). :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 08:57:18 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Idiocy. I will never register my gear, and for the most part, no one knows what I have. How EXACTLY do you intend to force me to disclose?

@roamer_1

By violating the Second Amendment with the help of activist judges.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I didn't get to teach my kids. Too bunged up at the time. Never been hunting with either of my boys. It grieves me. But I intend to fix it with em pretty soon... and with the grandkids.

My grandfather got me a really nice Savage break open 20ga for my 8th birthday...thought grandma was gonna  22222frying pan him for getting it for me LOL! 

My dad was always too busy never taught me to shoot it.

I've made sure I didn't make that mistake with my son.  Ive been having a blast (no pun intended) teaching him how to shoot his 10/22 and the M&P Shield .40 I got him for Christmas.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:01:30 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Idiocy. I will never register my gear, and for the most part, no one knows what I have. How EXACTLY do you intend to force me to disclose?

It is your choice whether to knowingly violate the law, and to subject yourself to the potential consequences thereof.   To me, it wouldn't be worth the risk.   I play by the rules.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The NY Post, conservative.  LOLOLOLOLOLOL

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

That was my first thought too!  **nononono*

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

By violating the Second Amendment with the help of activist judges.

@txradioguy

But how is it that I would be forced to disclose? I guess they can target ammo, but hell, I have enough right now for my lifetime, and probably my sons.  And push comes to shove, so long as I can get the fixins, I'll just roll my own.

Same with the guns... Magical thinking requires a sale point.

But give me a garage with a fly cutter and a tooling lathe, and guess what?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It is your choice whether to knowingly violate the law, and to subject yourself to the potential consequences thereof.   To me, it wouldn't be worth the risk.   I play by the rules.

Tyranny and tyrants always enjoy having willing sheep like you to help them implement their particular flavor of despotism.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

But how is it that I would be forced to disclose? I guess they can target ammo, but hell, I have enough right now for my lifetime, and probably my sons.  And push comes to shove, so long as I can get the fixins, I'll just roll my own.

Same with the guns... Magical thinking requires a sale point.

But give me a garage with a fly cutter and a tooling lathe, and guess what?

I would guess with this registration and insurance crap that our resident Liberal gun grabber keeps advocating as "common sense".

And unless you're off the grid in the middle of nowhere...you can always count on one jazzy type next door neighbor to rat you out to the local officials if you try to hide anything.

Online roamer_1

I've made sure I didn't make that mistake with my son.  Ive been having a blast (no pun intended) teaching him how to shoot his 10/22 and the M&P Shield .40 I got him for Christmas.

More power to you!
It sucks that was taken from me. Not that I didn't teach em plenty, but it was all how-to from a wheelchair.
Not the same.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Perhaps if the FBI had acted on the various tips, they could have brought in local LE and even a mental health professional and had a long sitdown with this kid. He would have realized he's on their radar and couldn't get away with anything, and perhaps they could have directed him to someone who could work with him on whatever made him so angry.
 Hindsight, 20/20, and all that.  **nononono*
Ya think? Why do so many get graduate degrees in psychiatry, psychology, education, law enforcement etc. IF THEY AREN'T GOING TO ACTUALLY CLOSE THE DAMN CIRCLES AND DO SOMETHING ??

I am not even a lawyer, yet I know the name for his threats online, is "terrorist threat," and is a felony.

It turns out the only good guy, is the fellow with the YouTube video channel, that DID SOMETHING.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
More power to you!
It sucks that was taken from me. Not that I didn't teach em plenty, but it was all how-to from a wheelchair.
Not the same.

But it sounds like you'll get a chance to make up for it with your grandkids.

Online roamer_1

Laws that violate my rights and prevent my livelihood. are no law at all
You just go ahead and send your revenuer up in the holler. See how that works out.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Tyranny and tyrants always enjoy having willing sheep like you to help them implement their particular flavor of despotism.

We're not talking "despotism" here, for Chrissake.   *****rollingeyes*****

There is a crisis of gun violence in this nation, and the citizens quite legitimately want to see something done about.   What's par for the course in a Constitutional republic isn't "despotism".   Stop being so damn self-centered and selfish. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Laws that violate my rights and prevent my livelihood. are no law at all
You just go ahead and send your revenuer up in the holler. See how that works out.

Yeah, shoot  'em dead, you damn fool. 

Online roamer_1

I would guess with this registration and insurance crap that our resident Liberal gun grabber keeps advocating as "common sense".

And unless you're off the grid in the middle of nowhere...you can always count on one jazzy type next door neighbor to rat you out to the local officials if you try to hide anything.

Right. because all that works so dang well keeping the guns away from the bangers.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Yeah, to hell with the rule of law.   Happiness is a warm gun, so go live in your bunker.  You'll be happier there, and so will the rest of us.   

Online roamer_1

THE HELL we ain't.

There is a crisis of gun violence in this nation, and the citizens quite legitimately want to see something done about.   What's par for the course in a Constitutional republic isn't "despotism".   Stop being so damn self-centered and selfish.

Check your panties.
There ain't a gun crisis. If that were true, why ain't it HERE, where there are more guns per square inch than anywhere on the planet? EVERYBODY here is armed, and most, at least 10 times over.

Your problems are with hearts and minds, and the liberal bullshit that is spewed daily in the cities.
Y9ur problem is the crybaby crap you are teaching your kids.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Willful blindness on your part about what you are cheering for doesn't make it less so.

You're the only one here that seems in denial about what registering guns leads to.  And you're severely deficient in your history of the world as well on this point.

So you want to do the equivalent of stopping DUI by taking away the keys from sober drivers.

You want to punish lawful gun owners and concealed carriers for the misdeeds of less than 1% of the legal gun owners in the country.

The "crisis of gun violence" you have your panties in a twist about isn't from legal gun owners...it's criminals...drug dealers...gang bangers using illegal guns...guns stolen during a burglary...smuggled in from other countries that is the problem.

The people causing the real problem with the "crisis of gun violence" won't adhere to any gun laws you can dream up for your Liberal gun grabbing buddies to pass.  They never have and they never will.  They won't care about age restrictions...they won't care about waiting periods...and they won't give a rats ass about some "assault weapons" ban.

What you want to do to legal gun owners is make us sitting ducks for people who don't care about laws...and you'll sit there and scratch your head and navel gaze as to why with all the new restrictions deaths by guns is still increasing.

We have 20,000 gun laws on the books in this country...tell me what one more is going to do that the others haven't?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yeah, to hell with the rule of law.

Well you've already proven rule of law via the Constitution doesn't matter to you.

Happiness is a warm gun, so go live in your bunker.  You'll be happier there, and so will the rest of us.

Happiness is being in public next to a snowflake gun grabber like you...with my Sig Sauer P320 tucked into a holster on my hip and you never know I'm carrying.

Online roamer_1

Yeah, shoot  'em dead, you damn fool.

Ain't like that's unusual. You mess with folks livelihood, they ain't gonna let you.
The feds can't even touch the moonshine trade, nor the marijuana. Heck, not even truckloads of wetbacks. How the hell do you think guns are any different?

All you propose to do is make criminals out of good people.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Yeah, to hell with the rule of law.   Happiness is a warm gun, so go live in your bunker.  You'll be happier there, and so will the rest of us.

@Jazzhead
Funny how your opinion of respect for the law changes depending on what the law being discussed is.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

You propose tyranny under the color of law. That is a different thing.
And I don't need no bunker, ya twit, Montana won't enforce this bullcrap, and even if they do, the Sheriff won't. Like I said. Send your revenuers. See what happens.