Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24703 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's because he's spent decades doing it, and I don't think we should rubbish that effort.  He's retiring the old fashioned way...he earned it.

In no way do I mean any disrespect for his service. But he can read the writing.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
****sheep****
You are right..but it is now becoming the norm not the rarity...

Is it really? 

I don't think so.  It's worse now because these psycho kids have weapons of mass destruction but I still think it's rare.

When it happens, it consumes the media and social media and we all get into a funk.

I think there will be changes in Florida school system as a result of this.  Metal detectors; guards at the doors and a few armed guys roaming around.

But I don't think it's prevalent.  It just seems that way.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
/snicker
It’s illegal to yell “fire” in a crowded theater. 

It's also illegal to shoot up a crowded school.  Didn't stop the perp - and no further restrictions, banning or outright stripping us of guns is going to stop such people from committing mass murder when they want to.

You have two choices:  lead on the question of tighter restrictions on guns, or wake up one day living under liberal left wing gun laws that strip you of your weapons, period.
It doesn’t matter how much you dislike it, it’s going to happen, the only question is whether you’re going to have a say in the laws that result, or whether you’re going to let liberals enact those laws.

Both choices end up in the same exact place.  So go ahead and turn in your guns now (if you even have any) and get it over with.  As you say - it is going to happen anyway - so why settle for pretend illusions of safety with more regulations, bans and infringements?  Do it right the first time and get where this will all end up in short order since you insist we have to surrender it piecemeal or have it forcibly taken from us.

Oh, and we should also do this with the Second Amendment also.  You might sleep better at night since you do not trust your fellow citizens with their rights or liberty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Okay, I guess I am wrong.  I didn't realize there are so many school shootings but I looked it up and Myst is right.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In no way do I mean any disrespect for his service. But he can read the writing.

He can read it better than I.   I've lead a pretty sheltered life, he's been out there so I defer.  I defer to you too, Fred, so I'd like to see you two respect one another for your lives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The amount of denial on this thread is palpable.  Gun control laws are coming people; the only question is whether you’ll make the effort to have an effect on those laws, or will simply abdicate your responsibility so you can bitch when liberals enact the laws they would prefer.

Individual states legislate, but in these one-off cases, I think it's difficult to legislate law.

I do know, it was posted here during one of the last shootings, in general, states that legislate more against guns, have lower rates but there are a number of variables. Florida has a murder problem, it's also like the 3 most populated state.

Offline Mod2

The amount of denial on this thread is palpable.  Gun control laws are coming people; the only question is whether you’ll make the effort to have an effect on those laws, or will simply abdicate your responsibility so you can bitch when liberals enact the laws they would prefer. 

You can stop trashing the posters on this thread for failing to take off in your direction off topic any time now.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Different times...

uh huh

Too bad you didn't get the chance to raise your kids the way you were raised.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
uh huh

Do any of us, really?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
uh huh

but I did...my boys are in their 30's.....they were lucky..they had a normal, disciplined childhood.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

How did this kid have possession of an AR-15, also one of the students interviewed by Tucker said, she vaguely knew of this Cruz fellow, knew his brother or something and the brother said they'd hear this Nicolas Cruz dry firing the gun at night. Spookie stuff.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
but I did...my boys are in their 30's.....they were lucky..they had a normal, disciplined childhood.

Me, too.  My children were disciplined, sort of, but they were both very satisfactory kids who never got into any real trouble and they are now excellent adults.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
How did this kid have possession of an AR-15, also one of the students interviewed by Tucker said, she vaguely knew of this Cruz fellow, knew his brother or something and the brother said they'd hear this Nicolas Cruz dry firing the gun at night. Spookie stuff.

Apparently Cruz was obsessed with firearms.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:15:00 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

... Something about this attack is real disturbing, even with strict gun laws, these kinds of incidences are one offs, yes, maybe metal detectors would have been needed. Even if the school had very good security, a gunman can always look for another soft target.

I posted this up thread @TomSea .... If the information in this article is true, then what's upsetting is that this kid slipped through the psych evaluation net ....

According to law enforcement sources, the shooter, former student Nicolas de Jesus Cruz, is in custody. Helicopter footage shortly before 4 showed police frisking a handcuffed young man outside a squad car. Dressed in a maroon shirt and dark trousers, he was placed in the squad car as TV choppers filmed the scene. He gave no visible sign of being injured, but authorities have said Cruz was transported to Broward Health North.

A teacher at the school told the Miami Herald that Cruz, 19, had been identified as a potential threat to fellow students in the past.

“We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him,” said math teacher Jim Gard, who said the former student suspected in the shootings had been in his class last year. “There were problems with him last year threatening students, and I guess he was asked to leave campus.”

Gard says he believes the school administration had sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against other in the past and that he should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack. Another student interviewed on the scene by Channel 7 said the student had guns at home.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article200094039.html#storylink=cpy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

I posted this up thread @TomSea .... If the information in this article is true, then what's upsetting is that this kid slipped through the psych evaluation net ....

Thanks, very informative.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The guy's story reminds me of Jared Loughner, the loony who killed a Federal Judge and shot that congresswoman in the face in Tucson.   He was barred from the local Community College, but was allowed to own guns because the local corruptocrat Sheriff was best buddies with his Mom.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:22:59 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Right.

Exactly right.

We need soldiers handing out candy on the city streets when their brothers on patrol can't get any air support when they are being decimated.

Why do so many soldiers come home from war with battle fatigue, shell shock, PTSD, or whatever else they want to call it? Because THEY WERE TRAINED TO BECOME PSYCHO MASS MURDERERS. And then we shit on them when they come home.

GOOD deal.

Fred, love you man, but you're FOS if you think our military are trained to become psycho mass murderers.  That's total bullshit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He can read it better than I.   I've lead a pretty sheltered life, he's been out there so I defer.  I defer to you too, Fred, so I'd like to see you two respect one another for your lives.

Well, actually, the way I see it is we are both looking at the same thing correctly. Merely at slightly different angles. He has lived a proscribed disciplined life. 

He lives in a box. A tightly wrapped box.

But here is the way I look at it. Do you know what a box is? A piece of paper is a box. 3d. An envelope is a box. A board is a box. I build a box out of a board, a drawer, a door, a cabinet, that is a box. That goes in a room that is a box, that goes in house that is a box. That goes on a street that is a box. That goes on a box, of streets. In a city of boxes. Filled with people who are so boxed in they can't see the prison walls.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Fred, love you man, but you're FOS if you think our military are trained to become psycho mass murderers.  That's total bullshit.

Tell me the military history of your family. If they had one.

Offline TomSea

That one female student said a student next to her got shot and that she heard a bullet go by her head, her mascara was all running, pretty heavy stuff.

If this guy was expelled, it sounded like there was enough to make it necessary he got counseling, maybe he was counseled but it sounds like he should have gotten a pyscological evaluation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This guy was 20, right?

Has it been revealed yet whether he used handguns or a rifle?

If it was a handgun, doesn't one have to be 21 to legally purchase one (I could be wrong)?

If that's the case, how did he obtain them?

Offline TomSea

This guy was 20, right?

Has it been revealed yet whether he used handguns or a rifle?

If it was a handgun, doesn't one have to be 21 to legally purchase one (I could be wrong)?

If that's the case, how did he obtain them?
@Fishrrman
Is 19 years old. I didn't know he was that old.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The guy's story reminds me of Jared Loughner, the loony who killed a Federal Judge and shot that congresswoman in the face in Tucson.   He was barred from the local Community College, but was allowed to own guns because the local corruptocrat Sheriff was best buddies with his Mom.

I think our "leaders" may want to figure out what step this school missed--they identified the shooter as a threat early on, they sent an email blast about not letting him back on campus with a backpack---yet he comes back without any interference with a large gun and kills 17 people.

What the hell did this school either choose not to do or miss entirely?   Somewhere in this mix--if you're going to send a blast email warning teachers of possible violence -- shouldn't someone have requested a psych evaluation?  This is the discussion we as a nation should be having.  When and how do we initiate a mental health evaluation--without turning it into a political or social weapon. 

And shouldn't this kid have been kept off campus?  How would this be accomplished?

Someone's got to start thinking outside the box--and I'm not talking new gun laws.  They don't work for sh*t.  Just ask Chicago.