Author Topic: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread  (Read 16852 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread
« Reply #325 on: January 31, 2018, 05:00:00 am »
Ok ... watched the Kennedy video for about 2 minutes ... absolutely pitiful.  He looks and sounds like he's giving his first high school speech in a school gymnasium.  Quite possibility the worst speech I've every heard ... my 13 year old grandson gave a much better speech at his elementary school graduation!

Go figure - he's the Kennedy that doesn't drink.  It's the source of their powers.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #326 on: January 31, 2018, 05:00:09 am »
He did a few whippits before his speech.  No big deal.

I wish I was gassed trying to listen to the small bit of that spittle speech that I did.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #327 on: January 31, 2018, 05:06:03 am »
What the hell is that below her chin?

Is she tea-bagging herself?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #328 on: January 31, 2018, 05:07:59 am »
Lachlan Markay
✔
@lachlan

Bravo to the Dem advance staffer who decided to put a Kennedy in front of a car wreck on national TV.
10:59 PM - Jan 30, 2018

198 198 Replies
    1,355 1,355 Retweets

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #329 on: January 31, 2018, 06:08:52 am »
"Americans are Dreamers Too."

The line of the night.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline anubias

« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2018, 06:13:15 am »
 Should have shrunk it.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:14:16 am by anubias »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2018, 06:35:14 am »

The line of the night.

I wrote that down in the notes I was taking.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2018, 11:59:21 am »
Thanks for the fun read, folks. I didn’t watch last night because I couldn’t break training – in bed by 9, up at 5. I’ll watch it on YouTube later.

It’s a point of pride for Donald Trump to master new skills. Looks like he’s nearly mastered this presidency thingy.

Infrastructure. Trump has been everywhere and has seen the latest and finest infrastructure the world has to offer and too often those projects are not being built in America. It’s long overdue here. Our roads and bridges are old and crumbling.

It’s time the US recapture it’s reputation as a land of innovation with the latest and greatest stuff. I live in NYC, and that’s what we expect. Now is the perfect time. With a builder in the White House who is well acquainted with the cost of building – not the government inflated costs, but the actual costs, I’m confident taxpayers will get the biggest bang for their buck with Trump at the helm.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2018, 12:31:14 pm »
The state of the union is strong, and Paul Krugman is on suicide watch.

Thank you, President Trump!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #334 on: January 31, 2018, 02:06:18 pm »
    He'll knock it out of the park like he did a year ago followed promptly by the release of the Memo (another nothing burger), then quickly step on his d*ck with some stupid tweet, putting all this into the irrelevant category rather quickly.  He's his own worse enemy, still.

@corbe
 :pondering: No silly tweets for 2 days.  President Trump sticks to the teleprompter at the SOTU and Davos to overwhelming accolades.  Who is Teleprompter Trump? :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #335 on: January 31, 2018, 04:06:28 pm »
@corbe
 :pondering: No silly tweets for 2 days.  President Trump sticks to the teleprompter at the SOTU and Davos to overwhelming accolades.  Who is Teleprompter Trump? :shrug:

You might as well ask Ed not to comb through the speech trying to find lies.

Remember, it was Obama who couldn't speak without a teleprompter, even to grade school kids.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #336 on: January 31, 2018, 10:15:52 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #337 on: January 31, 2018, 10:20:06 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #338 on: January 31, 2018, 10:35:21 pm »

Apparently they think they're in the NFL.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #339 on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:00 am »
@DCPatriot

A little Espanol for ya.

Esta es verdad.  Los pobres Sonadores.

That is true.  The poor Dreamers.

I guess they learned enough English to learn the word "Dreamers."

:boring:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #340 on: February 01, 2018, 01:01:50 am »
@DCPatriot

A little Espanol for ya.

Hey lady. Aren't you the one who was telling everyone that the "Memo" would be released either Monday, Tuesday or today. Times running out for you. This could be quite embarrassing.

Offline anubias

« Reply #341 on: February 01, 2018, 01:02:28 am »
@corbe

Not so dear @Once-Ler He went off TelePrompTer constantly to expound on his points.  Instead of being cringe-worthy, he did a good job.

Offline anubias

« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2018, 01:06:23 am »
@DCPatriot

A little Espanol for ya.

Los Sonadores Pobrecitos.   ;). They are “kids” after all, doncha know?

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2018, 01:37:39 am »
Hey lady. Aren't you the one who was telling everyone that the "Memo" would be released either Monday, Tuesday or today. Times running out for you. This could be quite embarrassing.

Oops!  That would be me!  I guess I can be wrong sometimes -- or a lot of times.  LOL!  I was just so sure of it.  Dang.

8888crybaby

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2018, 01:42:51 am »

@Frank Cannon
@libertybele

Is there a closeup of his other side?  Did his head get cut off, and then reattached to another body, a la Frankenstein?  The Kennedys' have plenty of money for that sort of experimental surgery.  Look at what they did to his great aunt.  A lobotomy gone wrong!

**nononono*

I originally texted "caught off."  What?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:48:13 am by Slip18 »

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2018, 01:56:52 am »
Los Sonadores Pobrecitos.   ;). They are “kids” after all, doncha know?

We happen to know one who is 22 years old. She has now had her two anchor babies.  No marriage yet. 

She did come to the U.S. with her mamma when she was five years of age.

I have a difficult time talking to her.  She changes apartments, cell numbers/phones so frequently, I can't keep up.  My second question is always:  Are you married yet?  So far the answer has been, "No, but I am still in school."

I just look at the images of her two boys...

Offline anubias

« Reply #346 on: February 01, 2018, 03:40:27 am »
We happen to know one who is 22 years old. She has now had her two anchor babies.  No marriage yet. 

She did come to the U.S. with her mamma when she was five years of age.

I have a difficult time talking to her.  She changes apartments, cell numbers/phones so frequently, I can't keep up.  My second question is always:  Are you married yet?  So far the answer has been, "No, but I am still in school."

I just look at the images of her two boys...

I know some as well.  Their families adored Obama and thought him to be Jesus Christ himself.  I’ll forego listing all the bennies they receive, but suffice it to say, it chaps my fanny.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #347 on: February 01, 2018, 04:34:56 am »
Oops!  That would be me!  I guess I can be wrong sometimes -- or a lot of times.  LOL!  I was just so sure of it.  Dang.

8888crybaby

Your mistake was not understanding who Trump is. He is a master showman. He would have pushed this memo out if the SOTU was a loser. Since it was a hit, he is going to let the MSM chat it up for as long as possible and then when it slows down dump this memo for another round of MSM frenzy. It's a thing of beauty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #348 on: February 01, 2018, 04:48:29 am »

The line of the night.

Yes caught my attention because I have said the same many times.   Good on Trump!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline anubias

« Reply #349 on: February 01, 2018, 04:49:25 am »
Your mistake was not understanding who Trump is. He is a master showman. He would have pushed this memo out if the SOTU was a loser. Since it was a hit, he is going to let the MSM chat it up for as long as possible and then when it slows down dump this memo for another round of MSM frenzy. It's a thing of beauty.

Watching all the Dems, FBI, DOJ, et al scramble with any accusation they can muster has been a thing of beauty as well.  The American people aren’t always the brightest, but they can see that there is a good damned reason they don’t want this memo coming out.  Trump dragging it out may be driving us all crazy, but it sure is bringing the cockroaches out of the woodwork.  LOL