Author Topic: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread  (Read 16885 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2018, 04:20:11 am »
The only thing I was disappointed in was his statement on granting a pathway to citizenship to 1.3 million.

Don't worry.  He doesn't really mean it.  He said so in his tweet the other day.  It was only presented because he knows Dems will reject it.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jan 27
I have offered DACA a wonderful deal, including a doubling in the number of recipients & a twelve year pathway to citizenship, for two reasons: (1) Because the Republicans want to fix a long time terrible problem. (2) To show that Democrats do not want to solve DACA, only use it!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:22:12 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2018, 04:22:22 am »
@Frank Cannon

"BTW can anyone explain why the Kennedy child had some white substance glistening on his lips and was in front of a broke down car?"

I try not to think of it.  But it was most definitely there.

Hey, perhaps Nancy gave him a little smoochie face.  He probably got a whole lot of lemon on his mouff.

I am not starting a conspiracy.  Merely stating what could have happened.

*****rollingeyes*****
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2018, 04:22:46 am »
Yes, Trump knocked it out of the park and gave and excellent speech.  The only thing I was disappointed in was his statement on granting a pathway to citizenship to 1.3 million.  President Trump delivered a very clear message; America is Back!!

That's interesting. I swung by MSNBC and they said that Trump called for the gassing of all Jews and the lynching of all blacks by noon tomorrow. The Mexicans would then have the carry their bodies home with them when they are deported Thursday. They also said Donny farted into the mic while Pence lit it during one of the ovations.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2018, 04:24:03 am »
@Frank Cannon

Broke down car?  That was some sort of a museum or something.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2018, 04:25:01 am »
That's interesting. I swung by MSNBC and they said that Trump called for the gassing of all Jews and the lynching of all blacks by noon tomorrow. The Mexicans would then have the carry their bodies home with them when they are deported Thursday. They also said Donny farted into the mic while Pence lit it during one of the ovations.

Hope you didn't catch some incurable disease during that visit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2018, 04:25:14 am »
@Frank Cannon

"BTW can anyone explain why the Kennedy child had some white substance glistening on his lips and was in front of a broke down car?"

I try not to think of it.  But it was most definitely there.

Hey, perhaps Nancy gave him a little smoochie face.  He probably got a whole lot of lemon on his mouff.

I am not starting a conspiracy.  Merely stating what could have happened.

*****rollingeyes*****

I was just told that the Kennedy child was hanging with a transvestite soldier prior to the speech. I'm thinking that may have been where the "kiss" came from.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2018, 04:25:57 am »
"That's interesting. I swung by MSNBC and they said that Trump called for the gassing of all Jews and the lynching of all blacks by noon tomorrow. The Mexicans would then have the carry their bodies home with them when they are deported Thursday. They also said Donny farted into the mic while Pence lit it during one of the ovations."

You are... I don't know, funny?

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2018, 04:28:34 am »
@Frank Cannon

A museum?   Must have been Madame Tussaud's then.  Cuz I haven't seen that many stiffs in sometime.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2018, 04:29:22 am »
You are... I don't know, funny?

*****rollingeyes*****

Are you @RoosGirl other online persona? She likes to poke me in the eye and then do the rolling eyeballs thing too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2018, 04:29:28 am »
In honor of Pelosi tonight...

Online libertybele

« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2018, 04:32:38 am »
I can live with it, if the ones that get the pathway are carefully vetted.

It sets a precedent to eventually granting amnesty to other groups.  If you're gong to grant amnesty to one group why discriminate and not grant amnesty to another?  HUGE mistake.  Secondly, he campaigned on NO amnesty!  Just sayin' here. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #286 on: January 31, 2018, 04:33:07 am »
@Frank Cannon

I just found out the venue was the Kennedy child's front yard....

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #287 on: January 31, 2018, 04:33:20 am »
"A museum?   Must have been Madame Tussaud's then.  Cuz I haven't seen that many stiffs in sometime."

The applause sounded canned.  After his drooling and talking baby talk for a few minutes, the producer panned to the audience.  There may have been 50 humans there.  Maybe more.  They were stacked pretty close together for the "panning."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:35:41 am by Slip18 »

Online libertybele

« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:03 am »
In honor of Pelosi tonight...

Ya ... she definitely was wearing her 'pouty' face tonight.  Flippin' hilarious!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2018, 04:34:13 am »
FOX said this was the third longest SOTU ever.  Chris Wallace said it was too long and bellicose.  Juan Williams was utterly ridiculous with his gripes.  I was surprised as I enjoyed the whole thing and never once thought to myself, “Hurry up and end this.  Dunno how much more I can take.”, as I have in all other SOTUs I have watched.
I cannot and will not watch Chrissy or Juan Williams.

The speech was balanced.  He didn't spend an eternity on anything and he put those personal anecdotes in at exactly the right times.

The soldier whe rescued his buddy should be on a poster.  What a great looking guy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2018, 04:35:32 am »
   I saw over half of Trumps speech, It was GOOD as SOTU's go, I guess.  I was referring to the guy that just serviced Pelosi for the gig, he flat out suxs.  @Cyber Liberty

I saw it too, and I'm referring to the same guy.  I enjoyed that he sux so bad.  The audience was cute, the car with the hood up was symbolic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:10 am »
The applause sounded canned.  After about his drooling and talking baby talk for a few minutes, the producer panned to the audience.  There may have been 50 humans there.  Maybe more.  They were stacked pretty close together for the "panning."

I only watched it long enough to see that odd stuff on the sides of his mouth.  It was something that caught the light.  I don't think it was drool ... maybe some makeup that caught the lights.  Somebody is gonna pay for this if he's a typical Kennedy

Online libertybele

« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2018, 04:36:58 am »
I just found out the venue was the Kennedy child's front yard....

...that's Uncle Myrtle and cousin Roy Kennedy ... their TV ain't workin' ..."yup, our Joey's a star"   :silly:

Online libertybele

« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2018, 04:38:15 am »
I only watched it long enough to see that odd stuff on the sides of his mouth.  It was something that caught the light.  I don't think it was drool ... maybe some makeup that caught the lights.  Somebody is gonna pay for this if he's a typical Kennedy

I only heard the audio ... glad I didn't see him; apparently he looked as disgusting as he sounded.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #294 on: January 31, 2018, 04:38:18 am »
Awesome SOTU!  Trump aced it.  Very powerful and impressive speech. 
Kudos to Trump and the GOP.

888high58888  @XenaLee

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #295 on: January 31, 2018, 04:38:59 am »
It sets a precedent to eventually granting amnesty to other groups.  If you're gong to grant amnesty to one group why discriminate and not grant amnesty to another?  HUGE mistake.  Secondly, he campaigned on NO amnesty!  Just sayin' here.

I listened to that part of the speech very carefully.  No chain migration, no lottery, border security ... all fine.  As for the 'dreamers' I really don't know what he said, something about a 12 year path to citizenship.  Will have to find out more from the press.  (hah)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #296 on: January 31, 2018, 04:39:27 am »
So that little kid the Dems put up there was a Kennedy? I didn't hear the speech.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #297 on: January 31, 2018, 04:39:56 am »
I saw it too, and I'm referring to the same guy.  I enjoyed that he sux so bad.  The audience was cute, the car with the hood up was symbolic.

That's the car Bush drove into the ditch?  Damn Rats really need some new material.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2018, 04:40:05 am »
I only heard the audio ... glad I didn't see him; apparently he looked as disgusting as he sounded.

He looked like a red-headed college sophomore and the drool-looking stuff was distracting.

Offline anubias

« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2018, 04:41:55 am »
I cannot and will not watch Chrissy or Juan Williams.

The speech was balanced.  He didn't spend an eternity on anything and he put those personal anecdotes in at exactly the right times.

The soldier whe rescued his buddy should be on a poster.  What a great looking guy.

I may have missed it, but I read the blind, double-amputee guy that reupped in the Marines was going to be there.  I never saw him.