Author Topic: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat  (Read 16172 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2017, 08:25:03 pm »
No, that's not all it would take.  No one believes that he had mistresses, or that his father was involved in JFK's murder. 

I know PLENTY of people - avid Trump supporters who believe those allegations in full.  Like Moore, there is no reasoning or discussion to be had regarding proof to allegations.  They have hated Cruz from the beginning, and they believe the charges, having fully condemned him as having committed the charges and therefore will work to unseat him based on their own personal biases and promises to do so.

Repeat the big lie often enough - it ALWAYS gets accepted as the truth by a people led by memes and emotion and not logic or fact.  Mob groupthink is now a major thing, and deviancy from asserted opinions are attacked mercilessly.

But if he were running, and a story came out that was as extensively well-researched, well-corroborated, and solid as the Post's story---about anything in his past---I would evaluate my support for him based on those facts. 

You just made my entire point, because the Post's story was based on hearsay and bogus allegations without any shred of concrete proof.  Tell a lie often enough - those who hate the person/thing/event/or groups will keep repeating the allegations as fact and assert they are the only rational position to hold, and anyone who does not hold to that position, is (insert insult or threat here).

"Facts" are now massaged and edited in order to create "news" to fit the narrative and sway public opinion.  I'm watching this same thing play out over a Star Wars movie.  The mob is not interested in evaluating comments made in full and in context when the snippets from various interviews fit their narrative of bashing a film and insisting everyone hate it.  Their 'facts' are all that matter in the discussion - and the condemnation is made and when one does not share in it - then you must be ridiculed and attacked for having a different opinion.

You would be a major fool to assume the same exact efforts to destroy Moore will not be employed to rid the political landscape of 'trouble makers' who will not tow the Oligarchy's line.

Because this is where we have now arrived.  And you applauded it.

But that won't happen.  Cruz's background has been gone over with a fine-toothed comb.  And I can say pretty confidently he doesn't have a thing for underage girls.  After all, he met his wife on a political campaign, not skulking around a recital looking for kids.

Thank you for making my entire point.  In 30 years of campaigning and in the depths of the Commandments standoff, NONE of those allegations that came forth the moment Luther Strange lost the primary were flung against Moore. McConnell was at the podium within an hour demanding Moore 'step aside' when the Post ran the first story.  But hey - the seriousness of the charge is all that matters.  We must believe the accusers at all costs because we personally hated the guy and what he makes steadfast issues about.

(We've already had this argument - and neither of us are going to come to an agreement about it.)

It will be fun to watch you try and defend Cruz when these precedents are brought to bear upon him in his next run for office.  We can then argue about calling it the Caining, Moore-ing or Cruz-ing of a candidate to wipe them out politically, personally and professionally.  Because all it takes now is an allegation supported by the Establishment to get rid of any candidate running for office that they do not want in a seat.

The GOP has demonstrated time and again, they prefer a Democrat in there than a Christian Conservative and will work to make that selection happen.

Enjoy this brave new world you have acquiesced to.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2017, 08:27:59 pm »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/alabama-officials-dismiss-moore-claims-voter-fraud-jones-certified-winner-194754558.html

Story includes video of statements regarding voter fraud from Moore spokeswoman Janet Porter and AL SoS John Merrill.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »
Thread locked pending review.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2017, 10:46:58 pm »
Hi gang, I'm unlocking this thread now.  Please stick to the topic! 

You're Welcome

Offline anubias

« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2017, 11:15:56 pm »
Hi gang, I'm unlocking this thread now.  Please stick to the topic! 

You're Welcome

I thought it was purdier with that big ol’ lock on it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2017, 11:32:00 pm »
   I was kinda glad this Moore guy popped up, I was really missing the Trump/Cruz fights of the Primary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2017, 11:38:13 pm »
   I was kinda glad this Moore guy popped up, I was really missing the Trump/Cruz fights of the Primary.

Someone say Lyin' Ted?

Offline edpc

« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:21 pm »

No worries.....he’s still out there begging for money to investigate the non-existent stolen election.  He also passed a polygraph.  So there.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/28/roy-moore-still-claims-alabama-senate-election-was-fraudulent/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:11 pm »
One has to applause Moore for at least, having a clean campaign.

He doesn't claim a black man is dropping out of the race in Iowa, he doesn't claim a Latino is dropping out of the race in Hawaii.

He doesn't accuse the Governor of receiving money from George Soros.

He doesn't have a campaign stating someone said something about the Bible which is disrespectful of the Bible and which was never said, in fact, a lie.

Offline corbe

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2017, 11:52:43 pm »
   Polygraph, smolygraph, those are easy to beat, ever come home to the wife smelling like Tuna?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2017, 11:54:17 pm »

He doesn't claim a black man is dropping out of the race in Iowa, he doesn't claim a Latino is dropping out of the race in Hawaii.

He doesn't have a campaign stating someone said something about the Bible which is disrespectful of the Bible and which was never said, in fact, a lie.

The Cruz insinuations are pretty strong with that one @TomSea

Offline musiclady

« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2017, 11:58:19 pm »
   The Cruz insinuations are pretty strong with that one @TomSea

Ya think??   :silly:

(Not really "on topic" would you say??)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline anubias

« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2017, 12:01:23 am »
Lock her up!  Lock her up!  Lock her up!

Offline edpc

« Reply #163 on: December 29, 2017, 12:03:26 am »

No, he just blames Soros and gays for everything.

”Soros is certainly trying to alter the voting populous,” Moore said of Soros. “He is pushing an agenda and his agenda is sexual in nature, his agenda is liberal, and not what Americans need,” Moore contended.

Online DB

« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:22 am »
No, he just blames Soros and gays for everything.

”Soros is certainly trying to alter the voting populous,” Moore said of Soros. “He is pushing an agenda and his agenda is sexual in nature, his agenda is liberal, and not what Americans need,” Moore contended.

He said "God wasn't done with the election" election night on national television.

Frankly I find that offensive. The arrogance to presume to speak for God because it wasn't going Moore's way. So now that the election stands from that night does that mean God failed because he wasn't "done" yet it remains unchanged? I agree with Moore on many issues BUT things like that really turn me off.

Offline edpc

« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2017, 12:19:26 am »
He said "God wasn't done with the election" election night on national television.

It’s over now.  Roy will just have to find another ‘Job.’
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:20:06 am by edpc »

Silver Pines

« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2017, 12:32:50 am »

lmao

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2017, 12:36:47 am »

Frankly I find that offensive. The arrogance to presume to speak for God because it wasn't going Moore's way. So now that the election stands from that night does that mean God failed because he wasn't "done" yet it remains unchanged? I agree with Moore on many issues BUT things like that really turn me off.

Actually, as a Christian seeking God's will, and not one's own, the lesson to be learned from the election, no matter how bitter, is that it was NOT God's will that he win it.

If one believes in the Sovereignty of God, then that is the only conclusion to be drawn from  the election.

Moore should be looking inward, and asking God what He wants him to do next, not claiming that because he wasn't elected God didn't get what He wanted.  (BAD theology).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2017, 01:11:07 am »

His new job will be constant fundraising on how he lost the election and try to fight it (so he says)..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2017, 01:30:04 am »

He's got a public employee pension and is old enough to collect Social Security. He doesn't have to work another day in his life if he doesn't want to.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2017, 01:35:17 am »
Perhaps by capitalizing Job and putting it in quotes, that wasn’t sufficient enough to get the biblical reference across.    :shrug:

Offline corbe

« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2017, 01:37:28 am »
   Do you really figure Judge Roy Moore will be one to ride off in the Sunset @jmyrlefuller ?

Online DB

« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2017, 01:45:51 am »
   Do you really figure Judge Roy Moore will be one to ride off in the Sunset @jmyrlefuller ?

It looks like there are power lines in the background of that photo...

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #173 on: December 29, 2017, 01:46:43 am »
@Free Vulcan

This is a laughable denial of reality.  Even the hacks at Breitbart admit they believed the charges but they promoted Moore because it would have made it harder to support Trump otherwise.

First off it was ONE editor (one of the more liberal ones at that) that CNN claims said that, but didn't give full quotes for me to really see he actually did. Second the Breitbart editor only said one of the stories had any chance of being real and they were like what was used against Trump, just unsubstantiated rumors. Once again everyone here knows NOT ONE SHRED of REAL PROOF has been presented (and what was presented didn't prove anything and was admitted a lie as presented).

If Roy was such a bad candidate, why did he rip his two Republican competitors up? Seems to me that proves he actually was a good candidate. Then why did he lose? Well that is pretty simple. First and foremost, the WP story dropped at the last month. Which for working stiffs that value wholesomeness, it threw them for a loop. The timing of the stories didn't give Moore much time to debunk them (especially with every media outlet not wanting Moore to be innocent) and most voters don't spend the time you and I do to look into whether they were truthful or not. The WP lady knew this, she had experience planting a non-story to kill Perry in Texas on his Presidential bid. "Niggerhead rock" was a nothing story she pushed. Perry and his family as far as I could tell were just victims of history of a checked past America. Decent folks that even tried to hide the racist past (paint and even flip over a big rock) that was not politically correct. Yet you would probable claim it proved Perry was a bad candidate.

Once again it was funny some here said Roy lost to Doug who had an openly gay son. But remember it was only after the election that was widely publicized. Seems every gay website had a story on the kid 24 hours after the election. Perhaps you can show me one story about the gay son before the election. Heck, Roy's son chases a deer while hunting onto property owned by a neighbor and it is headlines.

Other factors that killed Moore. No money except some in state people and a few folks from Texas.

No vocal support from a RINO Senate except Mo Brooks. But Mo was pretty much hated by them anyway. But Mitch loved ole Big Luther for some reason. Why would Mitch love a proven crooked candidate?

No vocal support from Trump who only would go to Florida and say he liked Roy when it looked like Roy would still win after everything but the kitchen sink was thrown at him.

The gaystopa and their ilk. Don't fool oneself, RINOs dread having to take sides against the homosexual agenda crowd. Like most every other issue, they have turned to mush. Planned Parenthood and abortion, mush. Homosexuals in bathrooms, mush. They had rather turn tail and hide than actually grow a set and stand firm. They are now scared to be men, and would neuter themselves rather than lose office.

Yeah, Roy was a bad candidate to some, he was actually a real man in a world where that is not appreciated. A real world where Satan battles hard to win. A battle Satan is not scared to enlist women to help spread lies to help him win.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #174 on: December 29, 2017, 01:49:04 am »

Frankly I find that offensive. The arrogance to presume to speak for God because it wasn't going Moore's way.

Judge Roy, you might want to consider what if God's will WAS done by this election ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln