Author Topic: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat  (Read 15993 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Roy Moore alleges voter fraud, files challenge to election defeat
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2017, 07:13:51 pm »

The case is simple.  Moore was a terrible candidate and even Breitbart's editor eventually admitted it.

You need one more vote than the other guy to win.  There were five special elections due to Trump appointments.  The dems could only take one of them.  We were led to believe Moore was exactly the kind of guy AL voters wanted.  A vast majority of them said no or stayed home.

Nice sophistry, but short on facts.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2017, 07:15:31 pm »
Judge rejects Moore's effort to block Alabama election result
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/366695-judge-rejects-moores-attempt-to-block-alabama-election-result

Ah-hah!  Another member of the anti-Trump/Moore cabal outs himself.  That judge should be impeached.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:15:49 pm by Oceander »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2017, 07:16:26 pm »

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »
This is the first instance it's ever happened in statewide special election, anywhere. I'd call that nearly immutable.

The Ossoff-Handel contest was a hot, expensive, high profile race in a smaller district, and the vote was no where near the percentage of the 2016 Presidential.

Your subjective opinion about what you want the word immutable to mean is irrelevant.  The fact is that the results are consistent with a hotly contested election and not with fraud.  Them's the facts. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »
Nice sophistry, but short on facts.

Tell me which of those wasn't true?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2017, 07:18:56 pm »
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with your lack of support for Moore. It does have something to do with your basis for not supporting him.

Nonetheless, excuses aside, you have taken to calling me stupid, among other insults (simply because I don't agree with you, mind you), and that has changed my view of who you are as a person.

And that, to me, after all these years, is sad.

Because if you really mean your ugly personal epithets, you are a boor, and if you don't mean them, you are a liar.

Neither option is what I have always thought of you.

Consider me corrected.

And sorrowful.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2017, 07:22:19 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/366695-judge-rejects-moores-attempt-to-block-alabama-election-result

Well it's done then. But I appreciate his willingness to fight some very questionable turnout results. It's something the rest of the GOP rarely does.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2017, 07:23:21 pm »
Nonetheless, excuses aside, you have taken to calling me stupid, among other insults (simply because I don't agree with you, mind you), and that has changed my view of who you are as a person.

And that, to me, after all these years, is sad.

Because if you really mean your ugly personal epithets, you are a boor, and if you don't mean them, you are a liar.

Neither option is what I have always thought of you.

Consider me corrected.

And sorrowful.

What is STUPID is allowing yourself to be led around by the nose by the very people you claim to despise.  You can get angry at me for pointing out that you are doing that till the cows come home but it won't change a thing.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2017, 07:25:37 pm »
Well it's done then. But I appreciate his willingness to fight some very questionable turnout results. It's something the rest of the GOP rarely does.

The ONLY thing the GOP fights for, is the Democrat agenda.

Which is self-evident based on the fruits of the last 7 years if anyone is willing to look and assess them honestly.

But, Cognitive dissonance and Normalcy Bias abound for a people who prefer to be subjects to the state because their neighbors cannot be trusted with liberty... or the vote.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2017, 07:27:01 pm »
Tell me which of those wasn't true?

You said Moore was a terrible candidate, and implied that's why he lost. I'll concede he didn't have the kind of campaign that was up to snuff to the avalanche they dumped on him, but tell me in this situation who would have? Luther Strange?

And simply citing that there were previous special elections doesn't mean that logic applies to this one. But if you want to do that, then explain why the vote for the Dem candidate in those was a fraction of Hillary's number in '16, not 90%?
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2017, 07:28:00 pm »
All that is now required to establish that Ted Cruz IS a child molester - is some unknown, unproven and spurious allegation of an "event" from decades ago with "witnesses" suddenly coming out of the woodwork to pile on the accusation train.

@INVAR

No, that's not all it would take.  No one believes that he had mistresses, or that his father was involved in JFK's murder.  Now, the Zodiac killer thing---I haven't made up my mind about that.

But if he were running, and a story came out that was as extensively well-researched, well-corroborated, and solid as the Post's story---about anything in his past---I would evaluate my support for him based on those facts.  I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand because it was "the media."  I wouldn't look at the case and say, oh, well, you have thirty people or more going back to his early years who all say the same thing, but this is the most grand, airtight conspiracy ever, and they're all lying. 

Especially if Ted kept changing his story, and his wife ran around social media posting lies she had no choice but to retract when caught.

But that won't happen.  Cruz's background has been gone over with a fine-toothed comb.  And I can say pretty confidently he doesn't have a thing for underage girls.  After all, he met his wife on a political campaign, not skulking around a recital looking for kids.

Silver Pines

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2017, 07:33:24 pm »

Gee, one more turn of phrase and you'll be the Jr. High head cheerleader, I swear it.

Still not making any sense.  Are you flustered?

I go with court documents and county sheriffs over media anytime, and never take the word of clown haired partisan hacks as you do.

Uh-huh, so you mean the ex-cop.   The one I had read about and researched before anyone posted about her here, and decided her story didn't hold water.  Which I stated repeatedly in this forum every time someone accused me of being on her side, or something equally stupid.

See, when you have to resort to dishonesty to prop up your argument, you don't really have one.  I suspect you know that.

@Free Vulcan

Silver Pines

« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
Lol, so one of the "election experts" Moore has hired is a JFK conspiracy theorist, and another, Jim Condit, Jr. is an anti-Semite with a video on YouTube titled "The Zionist Takeover of the Catholic Church."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2017, 07:38:24 pm »
Still not making any sense.  Are you flustered?

Uh-huh, so you mean the ex-cop.   The one I had read about and researched before anyone posted about her here, and decided her story didn't hold water.  Which I stated repeatedly in this forum every time someone accused me of being on her side, or something equally stupid.

See, when you have to resort to dishonesty to prop up your argument, you don't really have one.  I suspect you know that.

@Free Vulcan

You're right. I shouldn't respond to obstinate, box of rocks level thinking.

I'm actually talking about the ex-sheriff (or deputy) that contradicted Beverly Young, plus the three others who worked there at the time, and the court documents that refuted Leigh Corfman, among several other pieces of evidence, like the forged yearbook signature.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:39:04 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »
What is STUPID is allowing yourself to be led around by the nose by the very people you claim to despise.  You can get angry at me for pointing out that you are doing that till the cows come home but it won't change a thing.

I'm not angry with you Bigun.  I am disappointed that you have let your admiration for a political candidate remove your ability to reason.

You are not "pointing out" my stupidity.  You are insulting me based on a differing opinion that I have about the character of your beloved candidate.  You know full well that I am neither stupid, nor malleable, nor being led around by the nose by anyone.  (I never have been, nor ever will be).

You apparently just feel the need to insult me because I will not be led around by the nose by YOU.

I have had other disagreements with you in the past, but have always respected you, and your views.

I'm sorry you have ended that respect with your  insistence that I am a stupid, gullible lemming because I think differently than you.

Your loss. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2017, 07:43:41 pm »
@mystery-ak

"He attached a statement from a poll worker that she had noticed licenses from Georgia and North Carolina as people signed in to vote."

If a person's name was not on the voter list, he/she could not vote.  If he/she insisted on voting, he/she had to do it by provisional ballot and it would not be counted.

Their Secretary of State is a Republican and their election judges were likely all Republican. When training election judges/clerks, I never had a Republican election worker ask me how to cheat. I expect this Secretary of State ran Alabama's election to the letter of the law.

When instructing election judges/clerks in my county, a Democrat mayor was an election judge, and she asked permission to come to my instruction because she wanted to do it right.  We all welcomed her/this Democrat, when she came and she came to every one I did every two years.  She was a fine lady who wanted to do her job right.
Elections in Alabama are supervised in each county by the County Probate Judge.  These are the same judges that were ordered by then Chief Justice Roy Moore not to enforce same sex marriages.  One could argue the could be fraud on their part too.  Since retention of paper ballots after they are scanned was overridden by the courts, fraud could be perpetrated without evidence.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2017, 07:44:01 pm »
How’s Egypt?
Speaking of denial.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2017, 07:44:12 pm »
You're right. I shouldn't respond to obstinate, box of rocks level thinking.

I'm actually talking about the ex-sheriff (or deputy) that contradicted Beverly Young, plus the three others who worked there at the time, and the court documents that refuted Leigh Corfman, among several other pieces of evidence, like the forged yearbook signature.

@Free Vulcan

I have no idea who you're talking about.

"Forged yearbook signature".  LOL, even Fox had to retract that one. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2017, 07:46:26 pm »
I've never thought Moore was the perfect candidate. Better than Strange, but I would have preferred Mo Brooks slightly. Moore made some mistakes, like not campaigning the last weekend. Not the first or last time that will happened.

What I don't like is the obvious hit job by the Dems with their sleazy, shady accusers, followed by old Mitch withdrawing support right after it hit the wires, without proof, evidence, or investigation into the matter, and all the GOP piling on in kneejerk fashion, because they didn't like him.

Because now that they've done it once, they're going to keep doing it, and the GOP is going to keep falling for it. The Swamp GOP will let it happen to anyone they don't like, like Ted Cruz, and they don't care if they're the minority as long as it's the people they want.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »
A member of Alabama's Democratic Party.  Should have recused himself.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2017, 07:47:10 pm »
You said Moore was a terrible candidate, and implied that's why he lost. I'll concede he didn't have the kind of campaign that was up to snuff to the avalanche they dumped on him, but tell me in this situation who would have? Luther Strange?

And simply citing that there were previous special elections doesn't mean that logic applies to this one. But if you want to do that, then explain why the vote for the Dem candidate in those was a fraction of Hillary's number in '16, not 90%?

Now you’re just dodging the question.  Because, in your view,  one of the other candidates would have beaten the democrat, that proves there was fraud?

And on that subject, perhaps Moore would not have won the primary in the first place if the GOP had vetted him properly before the primary vote and all his baggage was known.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2017, 07:47:47 pm »
@Free Vulcan

There you go again, denying that even the accuser admitted spoiling and altering the evidence.

How's Egypt?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2017, 07:48:07 pm »
Speaking of denial.

Which is where all the Moore supporters are. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2017, 07:49:36 pm »
@Free Vulcan

The articles have been posted here for all to read. You just don't want to believe them.

Actually Fox didn't retract it, but amended it. Even Bevery Young admits she added the stuff at the bottom to it. Yet she passed it off as Moore's. That's called forgery.
The Republic is lost.