Author Topic: Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016  (Read 10490 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/366641-trump-sent-fewer-mexicans-home-from-us-in-2017-than-obama-in-2016

President Trump sent roughly a quarter fewer Mexicans back to their home country between January and December this year than former President Barack Obama did during the same period in 2016, according to Mexican government data.

Trump's administration sent about 152,000 Mexican nationals back to their home country, compared to roughly 205,000 in the first 11 months of 2016.

The Mexican government considers the 152,000 individuals to be repatriated, meaning migration officials ordered they be returned to their country of origin, according to Bloomberg News.

more at link

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 07:09:54 am »
Is Mar-a-Lago off limits for ICE now?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:11:06 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »
BMRK

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:08:10 pm »
So both the left, who think Trump is evil because he is a racist who hates immigrants, and the alt-right who is in love with Trump because they think he's as racist as they are.......... are wrong.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
I believe your basic ******s are self-deporting because of Trumps Crackdown.  So actually there are more of them gone than under the O'bastard.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:01:18 pm by Mod2 »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 03:15:06 pm »
I believe your basic *******s are self-deporting because of Trumps Crackdown.  So actually there are more of them gone than under the O'bastard.

Are you an alt-righter too?  *******s???  Seriously????

(I'm finding out all kinds of ugly things about Briefers lately that I only thought true of TOS members........ and part of the reason I left that filthy place).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:02:14 pm by Mod2 »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 03:17:00 pm »
I believe your basic ********s are self-deporting because of Trumps Crackdown.  So actually there are more of them gone than under the O'bastard.

They would all self deport if dealt with properly.  No housing, no utilities, no job, no welfare, no schooling for their kids...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:02:52 pm by Mod2 »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 03:18:51 pm »
Are you an alt-righter too?  *********???  Seriously????

(I'm finding out all kinds of ugly things about Briefers lately that I only thought true of TOS members........ and part of the reason I left that filthy place).

Was Ike a racist too? Operation Wetback
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:03:25 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 03:23:33 pm »
Are you an alt-righter too?  ******???  Seriously????

Wetback is an age old loving term for people who cross our southern border illegally and I'll continue to use it whether or not it pleases the cultural Marxists among us!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:04:52 pm by Mod2 »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 03:24:33 pm »
Was Ike a racist too? Operation Wetback

That has nothing to do with the kind of racism rampant on TOS that I hoped I'd never see here.

Oceander

Offline jpsb

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »
That has nothing to do with the kind of racism rampant on TOS that I hoped I'd never see here.

A wetback is someone that swims across the Rio Grande river to illegally enter the USA.
Only a cultural Marxist, practicing political correctness would object to the term.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2017, 03:34:43 pm »
Trump better build his wall next year, as promised.

What happened to that poster who reminded folks of Wingnut?  Haven’t seen him lately.  Sorry, random thought, didn’t mean to hijack.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2017, 03:36:48 pm »
I believe your basic *******s are self-deporting because of Trumps Crackdown.  So actually there are more of them gone than under the O'bastard.

I don't think so.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:05:56 pm by Mod2 »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2017, 03:40:44 pm »
Wetback is an age old loving term for people who cross our southern border illegally and I'll continue to use it whether or not it pleases the cultural Marxists among us!

They refer to themselves matter of factly as wetbacks, at least I've heard several do so. And they typically refer to all whites as Anglos. Big deal.

Where did all this hypersensitivity come from?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:41:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 03:44:46 pm »
They refer to themselves matter of factly as wetbacks, at least I've heard several do so. And they typically refer to all whites as Anglos. Big deal.

Where did all this hypersensitivity come from?

You could say the same of the n-word.  Does that make it acceptable?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 03:58:28 pm »

No, but after decades of use with no issue the term 'oriental' is now considered derogatory here, even though the word is widely found in Asia.

Is there a line that can be drawn or do we continue to allow the most sensitive among us dictate what words are acceptable and which are not.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 04:01:23 pm »
A wetback is someone that swims across the Rio Grande river to illegally enter the USA.
Only a cultural Marxist, practicing political correctness would object to the term.

I know what it means, and how it is used.

One doesn't have to be a "cultural Marxist" to note terms that are derogatory.

If you go back to Ike and the 50's as your racial ideal, then why not suggest separate drinking fountains and refusing to allow blacks to go to the same hotels as whites?   Then we'd be in the "good old days" where everyone knew his or her place and none of these "colored" people would be in our space............... right??

(Incidentally, I'm as conservative as they come when it comes to stopping illegal immigration, but the racism that often accompanies so-called conservatives is reprehensible.  And calling anyone who opposes it a "cultural Marxist" is nothing but a flaccid excuse for having no legitimate argument).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2017, 04:02:20 pm »

You'd better believe that it does in the minds of some.....   **nononono*

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 04:04:36 pm »
I know what it means, and how it is used.

One doesn't have to be a "cultural Marxist" to note terms that are derogatory.

If you go back to Ike and the 50's as your racial ideal, then why not suggest separate drinking fountains and refusing to allow blacks to go to the same hotels as whites?   Then we'd be in the "good old days" where everyone knew his or her place and none of these "colored" people would be in our space............... right??

(Incidentally, I'm as conservative as they come when it comes to stopping illegal immigration, but the racism that often accompanies so-called conservatives is reprehensible.  And calling anyone who opposes it a "cultural Marxist" is nothing but a flaccid excuse for having no legitimate argument).

You can do as you please.  We can either allow the cultural Marxists to dictate our rules of speech or we can fight them!  I choose the latter!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 04:04:49 pm »
No, but after decades of use with no issue the term 'oriental' is now considered derogatory here, even though the word is widely found in Asia.

Is there a line that can be drawn or do we continue to allow the most sensitive among us dictate what words are acceptable and which are not.

It's the same thing.  Only the overly "sensitive" think the n word is wrong.  Only the "cultural Marxists" want it not to be used.

You can take your weak argument and draw the line wherever you want to.  You've just drawn yours short of the derogatory, racist "********" because that's where you want your own personal line to be.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:07:19 pm by Mod2 »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 04:06:28 pm »
You can do as you please.  We can either allow the cultural Marxists to dictate our rules of speech or we can fight them!  I choose the latter!

Calling me a cultural Marxist is a stupid argument, Bigun.  And you know it's a complete falsehood.

I used to think more of you than to make these kinds of bilgewater insults just because you disagree with me about insulting others freely just because you feel like it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 04:07:29 pm »
It's the same thing.  Only the overly "sensitive" think the n word is wrong.  Only the "cultural Marxists" want it not to be used.

You can take your weak argument and draw the line wherever you want to.  You've just drawn yours short of the derogatory, racist "wetback" because that's where you want your own personal line to be.

And there are those who think throwing out the R word suffices for an argument.

Past a certain point the issue is one of control, and I resent being controlled.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 04:10:17 pm »
And there are those who think throwing out the R word suffices for an argument.

Past a certain point the issue is one of control, and I resent being controlled.

No one controls you, and no one controls me, other than my own conscience.

It's just that mine tells me that to overtly insult people and call them names because their skin is a different color is wrong.

Apparently yours doesn't.  Or does it, and you are just resenting your own God-given sense of right and wrong?

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 04:10:21 pm »

@skeeter

IMO if we (TBR) go down that road, we’ll end up like that site where posters make racial jokes about the “half-breed” about to marry into the British royal family.  And the types we attract will be just like them.