Author Topic: Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016  (Read 10392 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 04:11:54 pm »
It's the same thing.  Only the overly "sensitive" think the n word is wrong.  Only the "cultural Marxists" want it not to be used.

You can take your weak argument and draw the line wherever you want to.  You've just drawn yours short of the derogatory, racist "********" because that's where you want your own personal line to be.

THANK you, Mod2!!!! 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 04:13:57 pm »
@skeeter

IMO if we (TBR) go down that road, we’ll end up like that site where posters make racial jokes about the “half-breed” about to marry into the British royal family.  And the types we attract will be just like them.

I fully understand there are certain topics here where nuanced discussion is impossible. So I'll shut up now.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 04:19:40 pm »
@skeeter

IMO if we (TBR) go down that road, we’ll end up like that site where posters make racial jokes about the “half-breed” about to marry into the British royal family.  And the types we attract will be just like them.

I do not approve of this disgusting term...and since almost everyone on this thread quoted it I would have to butcher every post.....I can close the thread, put the word on censor and all you see is bleep or just hope the thread dies off...

To the guests reading this thread my apologies as this does not represent TBR
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 04:25:32 pm »
I do not approve of this disgusting term...and since almost everyone on this thread quoted it I would have to butcher every post.....I can close the thread, put the word on censor and all you see is bleep or just hope the thread dies off...

To the guests reading this thread my apologies as this does not represent TBR

@mystery-ak

I know for sure you don’t approve...most of us know that.  I’m going to zip it in case you plan to lock.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 04:29:14 pm »
Calling me a cultural Marxist is a stupid argument, Bigun.  And you know it's a complete falsehood.

I used to think more of you than to make these kinds of bilgewater insults just because you disagree with me about insulting others freely just because you feel like it.

No one has called you a cultural Marxist and certainly not me. 

All I said was that I was NOT going to allow the cultural Marxists to dictate MY speech and I won't!  YOU can do as you please!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 04:48:02 pm »
@mystery-ak

Back to Mexicans being sent back home:
Actually, when Trump became president with his campaign edict of sending illegals home, Mexicans began leaving the country on their own.  Here is why I know that:

I taught English to our Spanish Priest - he was Priest to all the church, but held Spanish Masses for our Spanish speakers.  He told me the illegal ones were scared to death officials would come to their houses and throw them in jail.  He said they were selling all they had, packing up and going back to Mexico.  He told me various stories of these families. 

One story was if a member of the family had gotten a speeding ticket or had any involvement with law enforcement , they were afraid that member was going to be thrown out of the country, so they were all leaving.  He said all the illegals in the church were afraid and many were leaving.

I expect this happened over the country, so Trump being president WAS causing some illegals to leave.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 05:02:50 pm »
No one has called you a cultural Marxist and certainly not me. 

All I said was that I was NOT going to allow the cultural Marxists to dictate MY speech and I won't!  YOU can do as you please!

Oh, for heaven's sake, Bigun.  Your insult was even worse.  You accuse me of being dictated to by cultural Marxists because the Lord leads me to NOT insult people with vile names.  You accuse me of not thinking for myself.  You accuse me of being a sheeple led by the nose by cultural Marxists.

It would be LESS of an insult to call me a Marxist, because they at least can THINK.  You imply that I cannot.

I do not call people ugly names because I believe it is sinful and wrong to call people ugly names.

If you cannot understand that, and insist on insulting me because I do not bend down to a low grade name-calling level, then the problem is all yours, and not a bit mine.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 05:07:33 pm »
Oh, for heaven's sake, Bigun.  Your insult was even worse.  You accuse me of being dictated to by cultural Marxists because the Lord leads me to NOT insult people with vile names.  You accuse me of not thinking for myself.  You accuse me of being a sheeple led by the nose by cultural Marxists.

It would be LESS of an insult to call me a Marxist, because they at least can THINK.  You imply that I cannot.

I do not call people ugly names because I believe it is sinful and wrong to call people ugly names.

If you cannot understand that, and insist on insulting me because I do not bend down to a low grade name-calling level, then the problem is all yours, and not a bit mine.

Why is "Wetback" an ugly name and who made it so?  Never was ugly until recently.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:37:20 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 05:18:19 pm »
Why is ""illegal"" and ugly name and who made it so?  Never was ugly until recently.

???????   The ugly name I'm referring to is (rightly) banned on this forum because of the decency of the owner and the Mods.

Therefore, I'm not going to repeat it, but you know as well as I do that it is not "illegal."

I take this post as evidence that you know you've lost the argument, and that I am not a dope who bends to Marxist whims, but functions based on the dictates of my mind and my soul, and doesn't back down from principle for any reason at all. (Marxist pressure, or yours....)

And since you have lost the argument, I will not post about it again, as I choose not to rub it in.  :seeya:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 05:19:09 pm by musiclady »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 05:25:56 pm »
???????   The ugly name I'm referring to is (rightly) banned on this forum because of the decency of the owner and the Mods.

Therefore, I'm not going to repeat it, but you know as well as I do that it is not "illegal."

I take this post as evidence that you know you've lost the argument, and that I am not a dope who bends to Marxist whims, but functions based on the dictates of my mind and my soul, and doesn't back down from principle for any reason at all. (Marxist pressure, or yours....)

And since you have lost the argument, I will not post about it again, as I choose not to rub it in.  :seeya:

@mystery-ak

And cultural marxism wins yet again!  9999hair out0000

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 05:30:13 pm »
@mystery-ak

Back to Mexicans being sent back home:
Actually, when Trump became president with his campaign edict of sending illegals home, Mexicans began leaving the country on their own.  Here is why I know that:

I taught English to our Spanish Priest - he was Priest to all the church, but held Spanish Masses for our Spanish speakers.  He told me the illegal ones were scared to death officials would come to their houses and throw them in jail.  He said they were selling all they had, packing up and going back to Mexico.  He told me various stories of these families. 

One story was if a member of the family had gotten a speeding ticket or had any involvement with law enforcement , they were afraid that member was going to be thrown out of the country, so they were all leaving.  He said all the illegals in the church were afraid and many were leaving.

I expect this happened over the country, so Trump being president WAS causing some illegals to leave.

You make an important point here @Victoria33 .

Fear of the rhetoric of the campaign is why some illegals left (not a bad thing, obviously), but not the reality of the policy enacted.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 07:32:20 pm »
You make an important point here @Victoria33 .
Fear of the rhetoric of the campaign is why some illegals left (not a bad thing, obviously), but not the reality of the policy enacted.
@musiclady
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@txradioguy

I failed to mention where this church is.  It is in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.  It is in the Fort Worth Catholic Diocese.  So, this is in an area where numerous millions of people live and likely millions of them are Spanish.  With such a high percentage of Spanish speakers, many have to be illegal and I know this is true, as I state it here:

The Fort Worth Catholic Diocese has a department that accepts federal government money to settle illegals into this area.  They get them medical care, food, a place to live, find them a job, give them cash money to exist until they get a job, and sign them up for federal programs they can get.

I detest this program and believe every Catholic Diocese in this country accepts federal money to do this.  It was Obama who began using Catholic Dioceses to settle illegals in this country.  Perhaps there are other church denominations that take federal money to do this, I do not know.  Our government should stop giving money to settle illegals in this country.

After Trump was president, a bulletin/leaflet was put out by our diocese Bishop and passed out to members in every Catholic church in the diocese.  It asked us to protect illegals to keep them from being deported and send money to the diocese to help more be settled here.  I was stunned when these leaflets were passed out in our church.  I thought that was asking us to commit an illegal act, aiding and abetting an illegal activity. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 11:17:26 pm »
@musiclady
@mystery-ak
@roamer_1
@txradioguy

I failed to mention where this church is.  It is in the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area.  It is in the Fort Worth Catholic Diocese.  So, this is in an area where numerous millions of people live and likely millions of them are Spanish.  With such a high percentage of Spanish speakers, many have to be illegal and I know this is true, as I state it here:

The Fort Worth Catholic Diocese has a department that accepts federal government money to settle illegals into this area.  They get them medical care, food, a place to live, find them a job, give them cash money to exist until they get a job, and sign them up for federal programs they can get.

I detest this program and believe every Catholic Diocese in this country accepts federal money to do this.  It was Obama who began using Catholic Dioceses to settle illegals in this country.  Perhaps there are other church denominations that take federal money to do this, I do not know.  Our government should stop giving money to settle illegals in this country.

After Trump was president, a bulletin/leaflet was put out by our diocese Bishop and passed out to members in every Catholic church in the diocese.  It asked us to protect illegals to keep them from being deported and send money to the diocese to help more be settled here.  I was stunned when these leaflets were passed out in our church. I thought that was asking us to commit an illegal act, aiding and abetting an illegal activity.
[/b]

Exactly what they were asking you to do.

Maybe they may have been scared by the empty rhetoric but when they find out Trump wasn't serious they will flood in.  Just like parenting.  Have to mean what you say.  Why I refuse to support Trump until I actually see him do the things he campaigned on.  Immigration was why half  the country voted for him.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:25:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 11:25:25 pm »
You could say the same of the n-word.  Does that make it acceptable?

Who cares..they are Illegals and "W-tbacks."... the term I prefer.  As an American, I give no standing to these invading criminals.

Get off your fainting couch.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:26:00 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 11:36:11 pm »
"illegal" is an age old loving term for people who cross our southern border illegally and I'll continue to use it whether or not it pleases the cultural Marxists among us!

Well, it looks like the fascist are deciding what words can be used. No different than TOS or any leftist site.

Soon I will be leaving here. In fact admin. If this stand of mod two stands. Please delete my account here.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2017, 11:46:49 pm »
Who cares..they are Illegals and "W-tbacks."... the term I prefer.  As an American, I give no standing to these invading criminals.

Get off your fainting couch.

Pretty funny.  You ran away from the question and threw in an insult instead.  Cute.

Apparently that term is not used on this forum.  Suck it up.

Offline corbe

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2017, 11:48:48 pm »
Well, it looks like the fascist are deciding what words can be used. No different than TOS or any leftist site.

Soon I will be leaving here. In fact admin. If this stand of mod two stands. Please delete my account here.

Geez @Fantom It's 2017, this is not the hill to die on.
   Management is running an online Forum, not buying multiple rounds of beer at our local pub and listening in glee as we wallow in what was seemingly allowed just 5 years ago.  Mexican and Negros is so passé, regardless of what they are doing to the foundation of OUR Country.  There are work arounds here that I know are in your wheelhouse.
   Please don't leave over this silly $hit, you contribute so much good here with your intellect and snark.
   My 2 centavos.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 12:06:46 am »

Exactly what they were asking you to do.

Maybe they may have been scared by the empty rhetoric but when they find out Trump wasn't serious they will flood in.  Just like parenting.  Have to mean what you say.  Why I refuse to support Trump until I actually see him do the things he campaigned on.  Immigration was why half  the country voted for him.

You're right.  Protecting illegals is against the law, and the Church asking its members to do so is outrageous.

But your second part is also important....... especially the comparison to parenting.   When it becomes apparent that Trump was all hat and no cattle when it comes to illegal immigration, those wide, friendly doors he talked about will become flooded once again with illegals.

A few of those voters will still support him no matter what the policy actually is (because they support him no matter what he says or does), but his approval will continue to plummet if he doesn't follow through on this campaign promise.

@Chosen Daughter
@Victoria33

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2017, 12:08:29 am »
Pretty funny.  You ran away from the question and threw in an insult instead.  Cute.

Apparently that term is not used on this forum.  Suck it up.

A bizarre reason to leave a forum, I'd say.  Sort of 3rd gradish. 

I can't say my bad word, so I'm taking my ball and going home.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2017, 12:12:58 am »

Sorry............ I should have pinged you @Fantom , when I derided your childishness in my above post.

SHAME on those Mods for keeping you from saying all the bad words you feel like saying.  *****rollingeyes*****

(btw, if you think it's leftist to put a stop to derisive terms, you've been smoking something.  It's CONSERVATIVES who are supposed to be decent human beings, not leftists.  And it's leftists who want to do and say whatever they feel like doing and saying, not Conservatives, who have self-control (or at least are supposed to).  You've got it completely backwards).

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2017, 01:09:41 am »
A bizarre reason to leave a forum, I'd say.  Sort of 3rd gradish. 

I can't say my bad word, so I'm taking my ball and going home.   *****rollingeyes*****

@ musiclady @Sanguine @mystery-ak

I asked very politely once already today how the word ""illegal""  became bad.  My post was censored by the management here without explanation and I  ignored that.  In the hours since,  I have given that much thought and determined that if such subjects cannot be intelligently discussed here I am wasting my time here.  Time for you to decide Nancy.  Either they can or the can't.  If your answer is that they cannot then please be kind enough to  delete my account and forget that I was ever here.

Edit to add that there is a much larger issue in play here than just a single word.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:17:58 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2017, 01:37:23 am »
@ musiclady @Sanguine @mystery-ak

I asked very politely once already today how the word ""illegal""  became bad.  My post was censored by the management here without explanation and I  ignored that.  In the hours since,  I have given that much thought and determined that if such subjects cannot be intelligently discussed here I am wasting my time here.  Time for you to decide Nancy.  Either they can or the can't.  If your answer is that they cannot then please be kind enough to  delete my account and forget that I was ever here.

Edit to add that there is a much larger issue in play here than just a single word.

@Bigun, I am not aware of "illegal" being problematic.  I thought we were talking about another term.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2017, 01:37:50 am »

I’m for individuals deciding to use restraint in their choice of words. Conversing in an open forum is like dining at a large banquet. Don’t embarrass your spouse in front of the other diners.

I’d rather not have management censor the occasional slip of the tongue. However, if it becomes abusive, that’s another matter and stronger measures are justified.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2017, 01:42:11 am »
I believe your basic ******s are self-deporting because of Trumps Crackdown.  So actually there are more of them gone than under the O'bastard.

I should have used "Beaner"   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2017, 01:56:18 am »
@Bigun, I am not aware of "illegal" being problematic.  I thought we were talking about another term.
@Sanguine
Apparently the word I used was auto replaced with "illegal". 

- J. R. R. Tolkien