Author Topic: Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016  (Read 10492 times)

Offline anubias

Re: Trump sent fewer Mexicans home from US in 2017 than Obama in 2016
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2017, 03:46:13 am »

It took me a bit to figure out you meant wetbacks.  That exact same argument applies to another minority group that describes themselves with words that they would kill a white person for using.

No, it doesn’t.  The other group finds the word offensive as it means “stupid” in their minds.  To Mexican’s wetback means someone who came from Mexico to the US.  They don’t find the word to be derogatory at all.  That’s the point I’m trying to make.  We’ve all been so caught up trying to be good, white PC people that we don’t realize that we’ve gone so far overboard that they would find it hilarious that we are arguing over “wetback” being a bad word when they don’t consider it as such.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2017, 03:48:12 am »
Neither of you would say it, I am sure.  But it sure looks like it from those of us who are out here.  We consider us all friends, and it pains me to hear some of the things my dear friends say to each other sometimes.  It's not you, it's me.

The discussion of controversial subjects can definately lead to someone saying something that they otherwise might not have said but that does NOT mean they don't need to be discussed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 03:49:12 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2017, 03:51:50 am »
    It's me too @Cyber Liberty I see crumbling relationships here that have withstood even the Primaries but a little Judge Moore or perhaps wetbac and $hit kicks up in the dust, personally I believe there are other issues.  Of Course I blame @Frank Cannon.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2017, 03:54:02 am »
You haven't stepped into anything until you mention the War of Northern Aggression.

Ooops.

****slapping
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2017, 03:56:13 am »
No, it doesn’t.  The other group finds the word offensive as it means “stupid” in their minds.  To Mexican’s wetback means someone who came from Mexico to the US.  They don’t find the word to be derogatory at all.  That’s the point I’m trying to make.  We’ve all been so caught up trying to be good, white PC people that we don’t realize that we’ve gone so far overboard that they would find it hilarious that we are arguing over “wetback” being a bad word when they don’t consider it as such.

How do you know they don't consider it as such?  I live in a border state, and if I referred to someone from Mexico as a "wetback" I'd get punched in the mouth.  Mexicans who are here legally hate being lumped in with people who are not.  We'll have to agree to disagree about this because our life experiences do not align.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2017, 03:56:34 am »
All I will say on that "w" word, is curiously, Spanish has their own version of that word. Even the Spanish language, seems to point things out versus our English but that's a whole 'nother topic of conversation.

Online corbe

« Reply #106 on: December 29, 2017, 03:57:46 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2017, 03:59:18 am »
You haven't stepped into anything until you mention the War of Northern Aggression.

Been there on a few other threads. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2017, 04:02:52 am »
    It's me too @Cyber Liberty I see crumbling relationships here that have withstood even the Primaries but a little Judge Moore or perhaps wetbac and $hit kicks up in the dust, personally I believe there are other issues.  Of Course I blame @Frank Cannon.

Speaking of @Frank Cannon, I was just thinking of him the other day.  I was making another great batch of Remarkable Fudge.  A recipe I have in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I discovered Alexa knows it too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2017, 04:12:44 am »
 :hijack:

Offline anubias

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2017, 04:13:57 am »
@Cyber Liberty  While we’re discussing, I would like to point out that I don’t use the word wetback.  I use the word “illegal”.  Since we pretend to care what they think, I’d like to point out that “illegal” is a vile word to them.  They hate that word as much as blacks hate the n-word.  Why?  Because to them it means they are dirty, low-down criminals — Someone that belongs in jail.  A wetback is someone who swam across the river to get to the US side of it and does not have legal papers YET.  That’s the way they look at it.

That’s why I say this argument is silly.  We’re setting a standard they themselves don’t understand.

Offline anubias

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2017, 04:17:44 am »
How do you know they don't consider it as such?  I live in a border state, and if I referred to someone from Mexico as a "wetback" I'd get punched in the mouth.  Mexicans who are here legally hate being lumped in with people who are not.  We'll have to agree to disagree about this because our life experiences do not align.

Hispanic Americans don’t want to be called wetbacks.  That’s the difference.  They don’t like each other because the Americans look down their noses at the Mexicans.  Why would they?  They didn’t swim across the river to get here.  Back in the day when their relatives were given a choice of staying in the US or forming a new town in Mexico, their relatives stayed.  The Mexicans packed up and went across the border.  They consider themselves to be Americans because their relatives chose to become Americans.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:24:36 am by anubias »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2017, 04:22:01 am »
Speaking of @Frank Cannon, I was just thinking of him the other day.  I was making another great batch of Remarkable Fudge.  A recipe I have in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I discovered Alexa knows it too.

Now, why in the world would you think of @Frank Cannon and "fudge" at the same time? 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2017, 04:24:17 am »
"Illegal" is merely descriptive.  "Wetback" is pejorative. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2017, 04:24:35 am »
Now, why in the world would you think of @Frank Cannon and "fudge" at the same time?

I was pac---I mean "placing" the pieces into some nice tin containers for Mrs. Liberty's Nephews.
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2017, 04:25:44 am »
"Illegal" is merely descriptive.  "Wetback" is pejorative.

You have it backwards in their mind, but feel free to make this distinction for them even though they disagree.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2017, 04:26:29 am »
"Wetback" is pejorative.

So is 'cracker,' but it just makes me laugh.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2017, 04:28:26 am »
So is 'cracker,' but it just makes me laugh.

Me too.  Mrs. Liberty was looking at this conversation, and she asked, "What do we call people of Northern European descent?"  I said "White.  It's the worse pejorative around these days."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2017, 04:28:58 am »
You have it backwards in their mind, but feel free to make this distinction for them even though they disagree.

You don't have a clue what's in "their minds".  And, even if you did, you and I are not responsible for what they decide to think.  We are responsible for what we do and say.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2017, 04:29:50 am »

Wait.  You just said Hispanic people don't like to be called "wetbacks."  Now you say they do?  I'm confoosed.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2017, 04:32:12 am »
You don't have a clue what's in "their minds".  And, even if you did, you and I are not responsible for what they decide to think.  We are responsible for what we do and say.

I'm sticking with my old "Punch in the Mouth" rule.  If it will get me punched in the mouth, I don't say it.  It's not a matter of PC, it's trying to stick with my given set of 32 teeth.  Damned hard to do at my age as it is.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2017, 04:33:45 am »
You make an important point here @Victoria33 .

Fear of the rhetoric of the campaign is why some illegals left (not a bad thing, obviously), but not the reality of the policy enacted.

I hope you realize @musiclady that the President proposes an immigration policy --- which he has done, in great detail --- but it is up to the Congress to enact it into law.

Perhaps you should consider contacting your local and state representatives to let them know how you would like them to vote --- like a good conservative.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:35:50 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2017, 04:35:00 am »
I was pac---I mean "placing" the pieces into some nice tin containers for Mrs. Liberty's Nephews.

I'm glad you explained that.  I was imagining something much worse.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2017, 04:35:21 am »
Wait.  You just said Hispanic people don't like to be called "wetbacks."  Now you say they do?  I'm confoosed.

My wife's father is a Hispanic man who was born in this country of parents who.Were themselves citizens.  He ain't a wetback.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 04:36:27 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien