Author Topic: ‘Never Trump’ Conservatives Soften to President Trump, Hail His Achievements  (Read 19247 times)

Offline aligncare

Trump will never be more than a middlingly competent president, around the level of GWB or thereabouts, but not even to the level of Clinton.

I knew from the start this guy Trump was a dynamo, and that there was a high probability he would accomplish great things in office. This is just year one and he’s accomplished a lot already. By year seven he’s right up there with Reagan.

It’s in his personality. He won’t quit till he’s the best at every new challenge. It’s a common trait among high achievers. And that drives his detractors crazy, eh?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
He is subject to scrutiny 100% of the time but it should be fair and honest as well.

Totally agree....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I knew from the start this guy Trump was a dynamo, and that there was a high probability he would accomplish great things in office. This is just year one and he’s accomplished a lot already. By year seven he’s right up there with Reagan.

It’s in his personality. He won’t quit till he’s the best at every new challenge. It’s a common trait among high achievers. And that drives his detractors crazy, eh?

...as well as those "middlingly competent" attorneys.     /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There is only one President.

I was referring to Trump and all politicians...you know that.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Fantom

Clearly a voice of experience on this subject.

Oh no you didn't......

:silly:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:46:18 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He is subject to scrutiny 100% of the time but it should be fair and honest as well.

Well "fair and honest" to some is still considered "NT" criticism by some folks here...just sayin.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well "fair and honest" to some is still considered "NT" criticism by some folks here...just sayin.

You have no street cred when it comes to "fair and honest" being applied to President Trump.

And with each passing month, it shrinks even more.

"...just sayin"    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

Offline corbe

@Cyber Liberty

Same. 

And that includes Ted Cruz.  I like him more than any politician I can think of, but I wouldn't place implicit trust in him, and I wouldn't gush over him. 

I posted a Zodiac Killer graphic the other day that @corbe blamed on @Frank Cannon.  I never did get around to clearing that up.   :laugh:

Ted would have laughed, probably.

Doesn't matter @CatherineofAragon I blame @Frank Cannon for all that has shifted our Universe.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

We all fall somewhere on the spectrum. Between Trumpansies and Never Trumpers. It is not linear but rather a closed loop. Funny just how many traits those two ends share.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I set fire to some golf balls this morning....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just drop it..I am soooo tired of the *NT* label and the attempt to call someone that if they criticize him...he's a politician and subject to criticism....

So far he has done some great things that are worthy of praise...and we should all be happy with that and stop bickering with ea other..it gets monotonous.
Support the USO

Offline corbe

I shouldn't be so holier than thou about the Never Trumpers.

I spent the entire primary season being one of them, to the point that I was driven off of TOS (where I was a charter member) with people in hot pursuit with torches and bullwhips.

But, I am proud to say that I learned quickly ... like overnight.  I wasn't struck blind on the road to Damascus, but when I woke up and Hillary wasn't president, it was a beautiful morning and, then and there, I decided to support Donald Trump if and when I could.

And I was pleasantly surprised to find almost immediately that I could support him.

I'm not gonna do a list but I love Nicky Halley as ambassador to that corrupt den of thieves, the United Nations.  They dared to criticize Trump for the Jerusalem move.  She stuck it to those losers big time.

I love that he is an unabashed America first guy and is serious about keeping us free of muslims taking over the country.

Those are just a couple of the things I like. 

I'm not gonna go into the things I still don't like.  What in God's green earth is the point of that ... besides enjoying moral superiority?

The Press is in a full-court press (pun intended) to take him down.  Why should we want that or contribute to it?

And that My Sweet Lady @Emjay is why I am so endeared to your Heart, Deep Down I know your a Rational person and a Texan to boot.

I do like you alot but I am gonna continue monitoring you.

*Couldn't find it in Orange Lipstick

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We all fall somewhere on the spectrum. Between Trumpansies and Never Trumpers. It is not linear but rather a closed loop. Funny just how many traits those two ends share.

When you stretch the extremes of two sides far enough then end up meeting...and sharing common ground.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Just drop it..I am soooo tired of the *NT* label and the attempt to call someone that if they criticize him...he's a politician and subject to criticism....

So far he has done some great things that are worthy of praise...and we should all be happy with that and stop bickering with ea other..it gets monotonous.

:amen:

Offline Fantom

I set fire to some golf balls this morning....

Titleist 44 or Pinnacle 45?

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Entirely monotonous and I'm also sick of it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

I listen to Mark Levin fairly often.  On Monday night he was attempting to do just what you describe.

(If you hate Mark Levin and don't view him as an intelligent, experienced, constitutionally literate, conservative voice, then skip the rest of this post!  lol)

Otherwise, on Monday evening (over a couple of segments before and after he played extensive segments of the President's national security speech), he said essentially:

- if you are any kind of conservative...  Reagan conservative, constitutional conservative, whatever flavor of conservative, you should be very pleased with what this President has accomplished in his first year, his first year has to be viewed as a smashing success for conservatives of any stripe.

- When you look at what this man has been accomplishing, what his policies are...  of which I agree with what, 85-90% at this point... this man needs our SUPPORT....  I would like to enourage the people at the Weekly Standard, National Review, WSJ, and these other Never Trump bastions (with some exceptions at each)....  think this through with a Sober Mind....  we NEED this man... you see what he is doing in national security, you see that he is trying to build up national defense, you see that he is trying to secure our nation-state...  you see what he is doing with the judiciary.... you see what he is doing with the economy.....  WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!  WAKE THE HELL UP!!!!

(the above is my recollection, not a verbatim transcript)

there is an audio file in this article that contains parts of Monday evening's show:

[url]https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/levin-trump-conservative-president-since-reagan/]https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/levin-trump-conservative-president-since-reagan/]
[url]https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/levin-trump-conservative-president-since-reagan/
[/url]

Yeah, I heard the segment. Levin’s really come around from the early days of the campaign when he was anti-Trump. Shows he’s a mature, reasoned conservative and commentator.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Titleist 44 or Pinnacle 45?

Titleist.  Only ones worth burning.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

I love it here but nirvana would be if the few Briefers we have that are so hard core NT or AT didn't take things so damn personal and help the rest of us share the Love we all have for each other.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:13:51 am by corbe »

Offline Mod1

Titleist.  Only ones worth burning.

I'm sorry. I've been otherwise occupied.  Is this something I should be bored with?

Offline aligncare

Yes I listened to that, also. And it shows a serious political analyst, showing common sense, and maturity.

I swear to you, I had not seen the above when I used the same word mature in my post to describe Mark Levin.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm sorry. I've been otherwise occupied.  Is this something I should be bored with?

Well better late than never.

And yes there is.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Support the USO