Author Topic: Fox News faces backlash saying the US may be facing a 'coup' with Mueller investigation  (Read 8845 times)

Silver Pines

@txradioguy
Crawl back into your hole.   That way you can play patty cake with the other NTs.

@driftdiver

See?   Someone asks you for facts, and you respond emotionally, with the good old NT excuse.

Convenient.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I''m reminded of when the media was calling it a Coup in Honduras a few years ago after both houses of congress and their supreme court voted to remove the president who was trying to facilitate himself into a dictatorship for life.

Offline Cripplecreek

@driftdiver

See?   Someone asks you for facts, and you respond emotionally, with the good old NT excuse.

Convenient.

Tom Nichols really nailed it didn't he?

Trumpers who reject all of the evidence staring them in the face about collusion and subsequent obstruction remind me of a joke Soviets used to tell about Brezhnev's legendary ability to be in denial about the mess in the old USSR. /1

After a summit, Brezhnev, Gerald Ford, and other world leaders take a break and go on a safari, where they manage to catch a live elephant. /2

They make up an elaborate schedule for guarding the beast, but when Brezhnev's turn comes he gets drunk and falls asleep, and the elephant trots away. /3

The next morning, when asked about their catch, Brezhnev guilelessly says, "What elephant?" Astonished, Ford then grills him: didn't we agree to hunt an elephant? Yes, Brezhnev says, we did indeed. /4

Didn't we catch one? Oh yes, we did, a fine one. And didn't we agree to guard it? Of course, we all did. "So," Ford fumes, "where's the elephant, damn it?" /5

Brezhnev nods thoughtfully for a moment and asks, "What elephant?" /6

Silver Pines

I just think that when you call fox "pure tabloid crap" for bring up the fact the both the
FBI and the DOJ conspired to see Hillary elected. And later after Trump won to discredit
(impeach) him you should be obliged to put forth a few facts supporting your assertion.
Other wise it's just sour grapes from sore losers.

@jpsb

Why are you so personally invested in Trump that you believe people are upset about last year’s election?

Don’t you think it’s about time you found a hobby?

Silver Pines

He’s just trying to ingratiate himself to Sara Carter.  It’s so obvious he’s trying to bed her.

@edpc

He can forget it.  He’s not aging well.

Offline Frank Cannon

@jpsb

Why are you so personally invested in Trump that you believe people are upset about last year’s election?

Don’t you think it’s about time you found a hobby?

Why are you so invested in Walter Shaub and Evan McMuffin? You mock Donny for being a lying sack of shit, yet here you are pimping for two of the lyingest losers around.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This isn't birth certificate stuff. This information is out there, in black and white. There are hearings with congressmen reading from the record.

If you're serious and haven't heard it yet it means you don't care.
This stuff has been in the mainstream media for several days, while briefers were insulting back and forth, for hundreds of repetitive posts..

Committee hearings are underway, continue to be underway, subpoenas planned, etc. Nunes, DeSantis, Gowdy, Issa, and SEVERAL others.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@edpc

He can forget it.  He’s not aging well.

He wears a backwards hat and a hoodie like a high school kid.  Also, have you heard.....he does MMA training!  Sucks at it, too.  Check the bruise he shows off in the video.  That’s not where it should be on your hand, if you’re striking properly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fkdv9g5aFk

Bet he owns some type of red sports coupe, too.  Midlife poster boy.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:30:27 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

This stuff has been in the mainstream media for several days, while briefers were insulting back and forth, for hundreds of repetitive posts..

Committee hearings are underway, continue to be underway, subpoenas planned, etc. Nunes, DeSantis, Gowdy, Issa, and SEVERAL others.

To be honest I don't watch much CNN. Are they covering the Strzok emails which indicate the whole Dossier thing was intended to blow Trump up if he won? That seems to be prima facie evidence of an FBI conspiracy.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver

The topic here is Fox’s screaming hyperbole.  Do you the definition of “coup”?

“A sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.”

I’ve agreed with Trump on some things and given him credit, but by now I understand that kind of thing is always ignored by those who have political idols.  It doesn’t fit the narrative; you need those “haters” you can blame.   Fine with me, I’ll still do it when it’s right.

Just from curiosity, do you know anyone so personally wrapped up in politics that it causes them discomfort?  Really?

If you do, you should tell them to push away from the computer/TV and get out of the house.

@CatherineofAragon
So  you're back to arguing the meaning of the word "is".  Why am I not surprised.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

To be honest I don't watch much CNN. Are they covering the Strzok emails which indicate the whole Dossier thing was intended to blow Trump up if he won? That seems to be prima facie evidence of an FBI conspiracy.
I listen to Hannity, Carlson, Dobbs and others on Fox News Sirius XM radio for an hour or two. Multitasking, while working out, while working and while driving.

I listen to Mark Levin and others, similarly on Sirius XM Patriot. I read headlines on Drudge.

I do NOT have cable so I don't watch TV. But several headline stories from cable are available each day on Youtube. From Fox, from One News America, etc.

Also you can hear interpretation daily from Scott Adams, Bill O'Reilly, Dick Morris, Ben Shapiro and several others.

The era of waiting for news aggregator sites, like Drudge, Free Republic, Briefing Room, to hand the news to us, together with interpretation, is out of date.

I sure don't need "truth diviners" who read the fecal smears on the walls at the asylum, posting repetitive insults back and forth for hundreds of posts.

Offline driftdiver

I''m reminded of when the media was calling it a Coup in Honduras a few years ago after both houses of congress and their supreme court voted to remove the president who was trying to facilitate himself into a dictatorship for life.

@Cripplecreek
Yeah I saw where Trump tried to do that on Twitter just last week.  oh wait...

Offline aligncare

What exactly would you call it when the FBI & DOJ start a coordinated effort to overthrow a properly elected President on bogus charges?

We know Meuller picked all Trump haters for his investigation.  We know senior FBI people had plans to prevent Trump from being elected and then created plans to skew the investigation.

Democrats, NeverTrump conservatives, establishment republicans, three major networks, the NYT “paper of record,” majority of editorial pages and local news teams, Jeff Bezos’ Washington Post, NPR and PBS, late night comedians, Hollywood, teachers and public employee unions, Obama’s DOJ, FBI, and state department, every ethnic identity and grievance group in America – did I skip anyone? ...all aligned against Donald Trump, and he won.

Let that sink in.

Offline driftdiver

Democrats, NeverTrump conservatives, establishment republicans, three major networks, the NYT “paper of record,” majority of editorial pages and local news teams, Jeff Bezos’ Washington Post, NPR and PBS, late night comedians, Hollywood, teachers and public employee unions, Obama’s DOJ, FBI, and state department, every ethnic identity and grievance group in America – did I skip anyone? ...all aligned against Donald Trump, and he won.

Let that sink in.

@aligncare
Good point, that probably explains why they can't get him out of their heads.  That and the way he gives them the twitter finger.

Offline aligncare

@aligncare
Good point, that probably explains why they can't get him out of their heads.  That and the way he gives them the twitter finger.

:silly:  learn it, live it, love it  :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

Let that sink in.
And against those forces, he has managed to dismantle regulations, unleashing the economy with better growth, appoint conservative judges, assure our allies and foes alike of America's leadership, and within hours will pass tax reductions including repeal of the Obama-misCare ripoff personal mandate/penalty.

The stock market and economic statistics like his presidency.

And surprisingly some claim he is a NY liberal, so deep is their psychosis. 

Offline aligncare

And against those forces, he has managed to dismantle regulations, unleashing the economy with better growth, appoint conservative judges, assure our allies and foes alike of America's leadership, and within hours will pass tax reductions including repeal of the Obama-misCare ripoff personal mandate/penalty.

I had to laugh listening to NPR last night. Their analyst was saying how America’s influence in the world is on the decline because...Donald Trump.

They were also saying Trump and his people’s attacks on the Mueller investigation is dangerous to democracy and could cause yellowing of tooth enamel.  :silly:

Nonsense mostly, the whole conversation was dripping with Trump hate.

Online corbe

BS @truth_seeker

He was suppose to do this stuff, any republican elected would have, let's just continue this circle jerk and pat him on the back for something he was suppose to do anyway.

Using the exact same NYSE helicopter money and Labor Department statics that he decried during his Campaign, the ones obummer/hellary were using last year.

Put me on that list being just a few years behind him in age I know, from experience, old white men don't change from what they've been all their lives and he and you can't deny he WAS a NY Liberal.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

Put me on that list being just a few years behind him in age I know, from experience, old white men don't change from what they've been all their lives and he and you can't deny he WAS a NY Liberal.

He still is a NY Liberal at heart, in my opinion. Despite the relocation to Texas, the Bush family managed to retain their Northeastern Liberal, Connecticut root ideology. Don't be surprised if Trump similarly disappoints, down the road, if he manages to be a two-term president.

Offline Cripplecreek

He still is a NY Liberal at heart, in my opinion. Despite the relocation to Texas, the Bush family managed to retain their Northeastern Liberal, Connecticut root ideology. Don't be surprised if Trump similarly disappoints, down the road, if he manages to be a two-term president.

Trump disappoints his fans all the time, they just blindly blame it on someone else or make some other excuse. For instance they proclaim Trump's brilliance in picking Gorsuch for the supreme court yet ask who picked this guy when a nominee fails. When Trump supports renewable fuels mandates they claim he's just being pragmatic. They go from screaming that the south shall rise again to dead silence when Trump says their flag belongs in a museum.

Offline edpc

For instance they proclaim Trump's brilliance in picking Gorsuch for the supreme court yet ask who picked this guy when a nominee fails.

The video of Brett Talley is a double facepalm embarrassment.

Offline dfwgator

BS @truth_seeker

He was suppose to do this stuff, any republican elected would have, let's just continue this circle jerk and pat him on the back for something he was suppose to do anyway.

Using the exact same NYSE helicopter money and Labor Department statics that he decried during his Campaign, the ones obummer/hellary were using last year.

And Reagan was a hard-core "New Dealer".

Silver Pines

Why are you so invested in Walter Shaub and Evan McMuffin? You mock Donny for being a lying sack of shit, yet here you are pimping for two of the lyingest losers around.

@Frank Cannon

Who the hell is Walter Shaub?

Put a sock in that, Frank, and go read me again.  Did you see me defend McMullin?  No, you didn’t.  In fact, I told you recently you were right about him, now didn’t I?

Still wouldn’t have voted for Trump.

Oceander

@Oceander @CatherineofAragon @Cripplecreek @txradioguy @Victoria33

How does it feel to be some of the most uninformed posters on the net?

Why don't you point out where Fox is reporting things that flat out are not true?

What would you call an attempt by senior officials at DOJ and the FBI aided by a
willing media to overthrow a duelly elected President? Ya'll are so blinded by your
hate of Trump that you are unable to see what is right in front of you. Once the
Inspector General releases his report on the FBI and DOJ you are going to look
even more foolish then you did on election day.

:bigsilly:

You clearly don’t even know what the word “coup” means, nor what it connotes, nor what it entails. 

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon
So  you're back to arguing the meaning of the word "is".  Why am I not surprised.

@driftdiver

As usual, you dodge every single question put to you and change the subject. 

Let’s focus. 

Do you understand the definition of the word “coup”, or do you need me to post it again?  Words mean things and you aren’t allowed to redefine them. 

So is that what you think is happening?  A violent overthrow of the government?