Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 90746 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #550 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:09 pm »
Yes, @Restored there would have been an Ethics Committee investigation;  not only to get rid of Moore but to grease the skids for the President.

Now the voters have decided in Alabama, just as the voters decided in 2016.  Game, set, match.

Bingo.  Trump's position is helped by Moore's defeat - he can now claim that, in both his case and Moore's, the accusations were vetted by the voters.   Moore lost, Trump won - but in each case, the principle holds - the will of the voters must be respected.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Silver Pines

« Reply #551 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »
The same way they owed me an apology in November @Hoodat ?

@Right_in_Virginia

The morning after the election, I posted that I was entirely wrong about Trump’s chances, that you all were right.  I gave him and you credit for his win and I said I would give him a chance.

Two Trump supporters were graceful enough to respond.  You weren’t one of them.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #552 on: December 13, 2017, 03:27:07 pm »
I called you a poor dresser, a Justin Beiber fan and a vegan and I don't even get an honorable mention in your list?

:crying:

Outside of Carrie Underwood, I have never seen an attractive lady Vegan.  Effects of protein deficiency I guess.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #553 on: December 13, 2017, 03:27:20 pm »
I am sorry I didn't see those posts, I wish you would have filed a post report... **nononono*

She's as big a LIAR as anyone atthe NY Times!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:30:25 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #554 on: December 13, 2017, 03:28:38 pm »
So the reason why that Moore lost was because of:

1. Deep State
2. Mitch McConnell
3. The Media
4. GOPe
5. The Bilderbergers
6. Free Masons
7. The Stonecutters

Not because he was a s**tty candidate...

Ok..

You left out backstabbers such as yourself repeating accusations in an effort to torpedo the man.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #555 on: December 13, 2017, 03:28:56 pm »
Are these the same public schools that Roy trolls for trim?

@Frank Cannon

Locked out of the shopping mall AND the National Mall.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #556 on: December 13, 2017, 03:29:07 pm »
@Smokin Joe
I know I'm paranoid but I wonder how many of these people are who they say.  How many are real people, real conservatives or even real Americans.  We know the left uses paid trolls and bots to manipulate social media.  We also know there is no low they will not go to in order to further their agenda.  They have virtually unlimited funding supporting their global agenda and nothing else to do.
@driftdiver I have no idea how many are who or what they claim, but I start by taking them at face value. If anyone here is getting paid, (I could use the money, but I'm not one who is) I have a couple of suspects, but I believe most here are real people who have well-informed (for the most part) opinions and an above average ability to reason. I think there are those who get caught up in an issue and for whatever personal reasons become so emotionally enmeshed that they will not stop and check facts, consider sources, and scrutinize things which emotionally appeal to them or which emotionally justify anger they feel for someone else or something else, perhaps even a past experience which left them frustrated.
We all have our hot button issues.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #557 on: December 13, 2017, 03:31:30 pm »
In your rush to judgement, kindly don't claim to be a conservative. It doesn't fit. You have, from the start, attacked Roy Moore as if the spurious and decades old allegations against him were gospel, despite the obvious signs that they were not. Despite later shown testimony and evidence they were not. When challenged to produce sources you replied that you were too busy to do others' research for them, but failed to provide your sources. You were not, however too damned busy to spend a crazy number of paragraphs decrying Roy Moore.
For those of us who are Conservatives, the 'hit' on Roy Moore was obvious. The motivation was obvious. The two big issues for him (when he stood up to the Federal Judges trying to legislate from the bench) were the sanctity of marriage and the Ten Commandments monument. Those mean nothing to you. In both cases, he refused to comply with orders which, in one case did not even apply to him or his office.

But no, come forth the allegers, with Gloria Allred waving an altered signature, claiming that during the Carter Administration Roy Moore supposedly engaged in activity with someone under the legal age of consent. How many?

ONE, and only one who claimed he had done any thing with her below the age of consent, and then not even sex, just heavy petting. If I thought that was true, I'd have stood against Moore, myself, but I find, especially in the face of revelations that the girl had a troubled past, didn't live where she supposedly was picked up, and was not credible, nor, for that matter were the allegations of the other person who claimed Moore had been too forward (not a rapist, and she above the age of consent) but who it was disclosed didn't work where she said she had worked, where Moore didn't go to eat, and who even described the layout in exquisite detail but completely wrong. No, I found no credibility in that, furthermore, a little more digging disclosed that these women were serious Democrat supporters.

As for not dating those whose substance abuse problems were reaching their zenith, who had a string of kids behind them, maybe a couple of divorces, or who were for whatever reason unsuitable as a mate, I don't blame Roy Moore at all. That left older women with the same dypsomania, more mileage, and more issues, or younger ones who had none of those problems. Your inflammatory and pejorative statement about cruising dance recitals is out of line, duly noted, and just one more reason that in the past months your opinion has become meaningless to me. If you are looking for work, let me recommend writing for CNN. You'd fit right in, unless there is someone in your past who might today, 50 years later, find your touch offensive in retrospect who can get you canned.

You have ignored facts, refused to even view exculpatory data, refused to provide sources, and taken up the standard against a man whose rulings in court and positions have been staunchly Conservative. Please, don't further your hypocrisy by calling yourself "conservative".

@Smokin Joe

The air in that bubble has to be getting pretty thin by now.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #558 on: December 13, 2017, 03:31:49 pm »

@Hoodat

Thank you, but I don’t want their apologies.

I enjoyed it all—-the accusations of being a liberal who voted for Democrats; of having serious daddy/psycho-sexual issues; of being a slut who posed for Penthouse.  It was all part of the Roman spectacle.

Then Bigun smeared my dead father, a veteran who saw wartime combat.  One poster—-@Night Hides Not—-called him on it, said it was beyond the pale.  His response was to double down and do it again.  Right_in_Virginia, who posts articles about veterans with the saluting, flag-waving military emoji, told him he was fine, keep it up.

Lots of crap went down at TOS, but I have to admit, not even those apes dragged my dead parents.  See, this is why I say conservatism is dead.  People like that will slander a dead veteran and laugh.  But they believe listening to a Lee Greenwood song and yelling “ amen” makes them patriots. 

That’s what happens when you sell your soul for politics.  It rots.
Oh, please. Politics has nothing to do with it.

YOU ACCUSED ME OF BEING A CHILD MOLESTER.

Even in your previous rant, you implied single men in their 30s who engage in community activities like going to local dance recitals must be preying on teenage girls. I was in a community theater production over the summer. Most of my cast mates were teenage girls; I had no hand in the casting. I made good friends with some of them. Under your standards, that makes me a creepy child molester unfit for political office.

You made this a deeply personal fight. Do not cry victim and act like everyone else is being a meanie. At least when I dish out what I've been served, I'll admit it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #559 on: December 13, 2017, 03:33:03 pm »
Bingo.   While evangelicals were tripping over themselves defending Moore's dating of teenagers as just country courtin',   many old school conservatives were appalled by his disregard for the Constitution and the rule of law.   

One thing is for certain,  the people who hated him anyway,  will keep repeating lies and accusations.   

Nobody in Alabama gave a sh*t about your opinions regarding the fake made up "law"  from activist judges.   Only *you*  care about that.   

What did Moore in was 11th hour accusations and their repetition by his "allies"  who stabbed him in the back.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »

I'm not the one clowning himself here Frank!  That sir would be you!  And once again I will tell you that Roy Moore has forgotten more about our Constitution than you and many others here will EVER know!

You know if you keep saying irrational things over and over, it doesn't make it so.....unless you are a 14 year old girl that Roy likes to hit on.

I have cited specific examples where Roy has either said or was fired over being a Constitutional illiterate. Do you claim that none of that happened?

Roy Moore is a phony loudmouth and a stupid moron.....

Alabama voters restored Moore to the chief justiceship in 2012, but once again he would not finish his term. This time the issue was gay marriage. Like many, Moore feels Obergefell v. Hodges was wrongly decided, but he, further, believed that the Constitution does not require Alabama to recognize same-sex unions legalized by the decision. As in his fight over the Decalogue monument, Moore thought his opinions entitled him to disregard federal court orders. This time he went even further, publicly declaring his resistance to Obergefell and instructing state probate court judges to follow suit, even after federal courts issued orders against Alabama officials. Moore again denied the authority of federal courts, and again the Alabama judicial inquiry commission cut his term short.

In addition to failing to understand the purpose and operation of Article III and the federal judicial power, Moore seems willing to overlook or ignore those provisions with which he disagrees. In late 2006, he called upon members of Congress to exercise their power under Article I, Section 5, of the Constitution to refuse to seat the newly elected Keith Ellison in the House of Representatives because of his Muslim faith, conveniently overlooking that Article VI provides that “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.” Moore seems to respect only those constitutional provisions compatible with his worldview.

In a recent interview in Time, Moore claimed, wrongly, that it’s illegal for NFL players not to stand during the national anthem and argued that his critics are the ones who are “confused” about the relationship between state and federal law. Asked how he might address “illegitimate” court opinions, Moore responded: “Justices who put themselves above the Constitution they’re sworn to uphold? They should be . . . removed.” As an Alabama supreme court justice Moore did, and he was—twice.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/roy-moore-is-constitutionally-illiterate/article/2010482

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2017, 03:35:21 pm »
Priceless!   And true . . .

It is not "true",  it is false,  but gleefully expressed propaganda of political enemies.    The only thing that stopped Moore was accusations.   

There is a real problem with objectivity from a lot of people supposedly on  "our"  side.   

They want to believe what they want to believe.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2017, 03:35:23 pm »
I am sorry I didn't see those posts, I wish you would have filed a post report... **nononono*

@mystery-ak

I just didn’t see the point, to be honest.  As for me being a liar, well, I did ping the member who spoke up, so...

Now that I think of it I wish I hadn’t dragged him into this.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2017, 03:35:29 pm »
In my professional work career (35 years or so), I can remember about 20 or so women, who allegedly climbed the corporate ladder via their feminine sexuality.

Maybe its time to re-direct the "Me-Too" focus on these wenches.

Similar to the day care ritual child abuse hysteria of the 80’s, Americans (and the Western world) are now fully gripped in a mass hysteria warlock hunt. This can only end badly for families, community and country.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2017, 03:36:40 pm »

Even in your previous rant, you implied single men in their 30s who engage in community activities like going to local dance recitals must be preying on teenage girls. I was in a community theater production over the summer. Most of my cast mates were teenage girls; I had no hand in the casting. I made good friends with some of them. Under your standards, that makes me a creepy child molester unfit for political office.

You made this a deeply personal fight. Do not cry victim and act like everyone else is being a meanie. At least when I dish out what I've been served, I'll admit it.

@jmyrlefuller
Yep I saw that.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2017, 03:37:06 pm »
@Frank Cannon

000hehehehe

Offline skeeter

« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »

You left out backstabbers such as yourself repeating accusations in an effort to torpedo the man.

We're just a bunch of nobodies commenting on one political forum out of dozens. All the self righteous harping and gloating here didn't/won't effect anything.

Generally, there was never a better example of the perfect being the enemy of the good. This election just deprived us of a reliable conservative vote - for a supreme court justice, for border control, for welfare reform. It will make all the thing we CLAIM to want here that much harder to achieve.

And the window of opportunity will not stay open forever.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:38:41 pm by skeeter »

Silver Pines

« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »
I called you a poor dresser, a Justin Beiber fan and a vegan and I don't even get an honorable mention in your list?

:crying:

@Frank Cannon

All you’re doing is reminding me that I have some kind of special tolerance for you which might need to be reconsidered. 

Poor dresser...really!?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2017, 03:41:42 pm »
You know if you keep saying irrational things over and over, it doesn't make it so.....unless you are a 14 year old girl that Roy likes to hit on.

I have cited specific examples where Roy has either said or was fired over being a Constitutional illiterate. Do you claim that none of that happened?

Roy Moore is a phony loudmouth and a stupid moron.....

Alabama voters restored Moore to the chief justiceship in 2012, but once again he would not finish his term. This time the issue was gay marriage. Like many, Moore feels Obergefell v. Hodges was wrongly decided, but he, further, believed that the Constitution does not require Alabama to recognize same-sex unions legalized by the decision. As in his fight over the Decalogue monument, Moore thought his opinions entitled him to disregard federal court orders. This time he went even further, publicly declaring his resistance to Obergefell and instructing state probate court judges to follow suit, even after federal courts issued orders against Alabama officials. Moore again denied the authority of federal courts, and again the Alabama judicial inquiry commission cut his term short.

In addition to failing to understand the purpose and operation of Article III and the federal judicial power, Moore seems willing to overlook or ignore those provisions with which he disagrees. In late 2006, he called upon members of Congress to exercise their power under Article I, Section 5, of the Constitution to refuse to seat the newly elected Keith Ellison in the House of Representatives because of his Muslim faith, conveniently overlooking that Article VI provides that “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.” Moore seems to respect only those constitutional provisions compatible with his worldview.

In a recent interview in Time, Moore claimed, wrongly, that it’s illegal for NFL players not to stand during the national anthem and argued that his critics are the ones who are “confused” about the relationship between state and federal law. Asked how he might address “illegitimate” court opinions, Moore responded: “Justices who put themselves above the Constitution they’re sworn to uphold? They should be . . . removed.” As an Alabama supreme court justice Moore did, and he was—twice.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/roy-moore-is-constitutionally-illiterate/article/2010482

YOU and the Weekly Standard don't get the fact that Roy Moore was upholding the oath he swore to the Alabama Constitution when he did that!  And he was removed by a bunch of sick lawyers for doing it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2017, 03:42:02 pm »
Yup.  If just those four seats - easy pickings! - had been in GOP hands then ObamaCare would already be history.   

Bad candidates vs. good candidates make all the difference.   

Calling these people "bad" candidates is simply repeating enemy propaganda.   None of them were bad candidates when measured on an objective scale.   

The difference is that the Media weapon put them under a microscope to find some quirk that could be exploited to destroy their candidacy.    With the same attention applied to Democrats,   those Democrats would have suddenly become "bad"  candidates too.   

People think Luther Strange would have been a good candidate,   but had he won the primary,  the Democrats would have trotted out the accusation that he conspired with the governor to stop an investigation into wrongdoing on the governor's part in exchange for being appointed to that Senate seat. 

Naive people like yourself would have suddenly been confronted with the assertion that Luther Strange was a "bad"  candidate.   

Grow up.   Any candidate opposed by the Washington/New York establishment's media goons will always be a "bad"  candidate. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2017, 03:43:53 pm »
Thanks for clowning yourself in public here today. I needed a laugh. Your pal Moore thinks everything past the 10th Amendment is garbage and got his lazy stupid ass fired for for violating the Constitution.....twice. He is such a Constitutional scholar he publicly stated that muslims couldn't serve as elected officials because he said ELECTED OFFICIALS NEEDED TO BE SWORN IN ON THE BIBLE. Maybe you can point that out to me in the Constitution.

You keep circling the wagons for a guy so morally and philosophically degenerate that the reddest state in the country chose a jerk who wants 4th trimester abortions instead of him. It's a winner.
Never let facts stand in the way of Bullshit, Frank. He got canned for not following the District Court Judge's order to the Secretary of State to issue marriage licenses to homosexuals. Not only was the order not given to The Court system in Alabama, but the Secretary of State is not in the chain of command for judges there. Moore ordered the judges below him to not issue homosexual marriage licenses which would be in violation of the Alabama Constitution which stated marriage shall be ONLY between one man and one woman. Moore was canned for standing up for the Constitution of Alabama, and considering the voters had approved that Amendment ten years prior by a 4:1 landslide, he was upholding the will of the people of Alabama, too.

For that he got canned.

The other one, was an order to remove a monument to the Ten Commandments, which declared no State Religion, just stated the commandments. If we can't have anything of a religious nature on government property, then remove every cross, every Star of David from every military cemetery because they violate the "separation of church and state", too---after all, they are religious symbols on government property.

Yep, he resisted another district judge on that one and got canned for it, too.

Where in the Constitution does it say queers can get married? Do you think the founders would have approved of that? Where in the Constitution does it say you can't have a religious symbol on public property? That doesn't establish a State Religion through Congress (the ones who are proscribed from doing so), but it does permit the free exercise thereof.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #571 on: December 13, 2017, 03:44:22 pm »

Poor dresser...really!?

I did, yet the guys who called you a Commie Pinko and said your family were questionable get all the accolades.

You know damn well that my insults really smarted.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2017, 03:45:52 pm »
The first 3 said some questionable things but not enough to dump them. The GOP needs to stand by candidates as well. Moore does not belong in that group.

Moore had a problem with personal conduct or misconduct that seemed to affect voters; also won in 2011 by only 52-48 seems a graphic I saw last night on tv. If that is so, it shows a lot of voters already had reservations about him.

Obviously the media-weapon constantly portraying him as a bible thumping loon has nothing to do with the problem.   

Obviously the media-weapon repeating and amplifying unprovable accusations also had nothing to do with the problem.   

And this is a "Witch."   

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:46:16 pm by DiogenesLamp »
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:23 pm »
@Frank Cannon

@CatherineofAragon Both contentions false, of course. Still batting 1.000, I see.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:47 pm »

You made this a deeply personal fight. Do not cry victim and act like everyone else is being meanie. At least when I dish out what I've been served, I'll admit it.

@jmyrlefuller, show me the post where I called you a molester.  Maybe @driftdiver will, since he “saw” it. 

Can you really not see the difference between being involved in a theater production and being friendly with younger members—- and trolling recitals and malls in your free time for date material?

Get it straight, babe, I’m no victim.  If you’ll recall, I refused to let y’all shut me up.  You won’t be allowed to portray me as such because I called out a person who smeared my dead veteran father.

Unless that kind of thing is okay with you, too...?