Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 91162 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #625 on: December 13, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »

He has done nothing for which he should be repentant.    He did the best that anyone could have done with the situation that was handed to him.

He wasn’t ‘handed’ anything. He created it. Bannon was endorsing Moore prior to the run off.

http://wiat.com/2017/08/29/steven-bannon-endorses-roy-moore/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #626 on: December 13, 2017, 04:42:34 pm »
Interesting to see that so many here don't find it disturbing that someone no Conservative would remotely want in office has been elected, propelled into office by a wave of absolute tabloid level sewage.

It doesn't bother people here that a man's good name has been repeatedly and continuously sullied on the basis of shaky allegations which have been shown to be false or to be based on falsified materials, questionable allegations that date back to the Carter Administration. Some of you have carried the firebrand even here, calling for more wood around the stake.

Yet not one of you was howling for the prosecution of Hillary's well known, well documented, and lucrative crimes affecting National Security not ten years ago.
It puts a new spin on "If it bleeds it leads", not that Hillary hasn't blood on her hands.

That the presumption of innocence has been so readily discarded to gleefully attack a man who has stood in the breach for traditional marriage to the point he lost a prestigious job over it, by people who claim to support the Constitution is a disturbing development, indeed.

The Democrats (Yes, Virginia, there was not one Republican among his accusers and their repeater broadcast network at WaPo), the MSM who played the same 24/7 stuff until people mumbled it in their sleep using the same buzzwords as the Media, and Mitch McConnell, all too happy to throw Moore umder the buss because his buddy didn't get the nomination.

And, yes, the GOPe, who just didn't want Moore privy to the stuff they do in DC because he's the kind of guy who has a track record for standing up for what he thinks is right, and that might not play well with the Kings of K Street.

But even more, I must credit the suckers of America, the great people who believe what they hear and see on teevee, who buy overpriced stuff shown on late-night half hour commercials and give the extra one as a gift (just pay an extra fee, 'cause shipping is free). It is the gullible of America who will conquer this country from within, who (once again) have raised  their heads from whatever picture book they and sounding out the captions and spewed an opinion that would keep the inevitable fickle finger of national attention pointed somewhere else, so their secretary doesn't twist off in a fit of pique and expose a stray pat or touch and claim she, too, has been wronged and the offender should hang after a fast trial by allegation in the court of public opinion.

If this is the world you want, it is the world you get.
When the day comes, stand proudly in front of your Creator and receive the reward you so richly deserve.

In the meantime the slaughter of innocents will continue unopposed, in fact, supported by the new guy from Alabama, and even one here who brays often about being proud voting for the most pro life president, etc, stood in opposition to the candidate who would have fought for the unborn to have something other than an express ticket to the waste bin or a human parts supply house.

For those of you gloating over this loss, you lose, too. The veil has been ripped from your hypocrisy. You don't want Constitutional Government, You don't want a Republic,  nor the protections of a presumption of innocence--you want mob rule, and blood in the streets. A chicken in every pot and some SOB hanging from every lamppost. You are one step closer to getting your wish. When things have finally degraded to be as they were in the times of Noah, we'll see what trumps what. Opinions won't matter in the face of His wrath.

I think I might print this one out to post over my desk here in my lab.

Personally, I am the most upset about the way this stupid election has damaged our little community here.  I had (I had to edit the word, I typed "have") good friends that won't talk to me anymore, not because I took the wrong stand, but because I didn't want to take a stand at all.  I didn't consider it my business, I have my hands full with the crap Arizona politics is spewing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #627 on: December 13, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »
@Smokin Joe

It’s....it’s called humor.  @edpc doesn’t really believe that a horse can...

Never mind.

Maybe he does. There was a documentary about it years ago....

Offline edpc

« Reply #628 on: December 13, 2017, 04:47:51 pm »
Yeah! Right!  That cotton candy you're gorging on is really delicious isn't it!

I’d offer you some, but you’ve still got plenty of egg on your face left to eat from falling for that Roy Moore Is Suing His Accusers! phony tweet you posted everywhere between rub outs the other night.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #629 on: December 13, 2017, 04:49:04 pm »
Maybe he does. There was a documentary about it years ago....

Dammit Wilbur! There you go again!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #630 on: December 13, 2017, 04:49:18 pm »
We can blame the media, blame the GOPe, blame the Democrat slime machine, etc.  Bottom line: Moore was not a good candidate. 

Geez,  it's like "group think"  or something!   I really expected better from you.   I've noted your writing and discernment in the past,   and you seem to have eschewed your previously demonstrated abilities in signing off on this statement.   

This position dramatically conflicts with the evidence (in the way of polls leading up to the accusations)   that Moore was going to stomp Jones.   

Moore was not a "bad"  candidate until just the last few weeks.   He was in fact an exceptionally good candidate by objective standards until these "out of the dark"  allegations against him were put forth and spread by his political enemies,  most especially many in his own party.   

Do you have some way of discerning that bad accusations are going to appear out of nowhere to make a candidate 'bad"?   Pray tell how you do this,    so we can avoid any future incidents in which unprovable charges will be leveled against one of our people from 40 years ago.   It would save us all a lot of time and trouble. 

He took his handlers' advice and laid low for the last several weeks of the campaign, and that (plus Shelby's rejection) cost him the election. 

Now you're getting closer to an objective analysis,  though I don't think more campaigning by Moore would have changed anything.   People had had a long time to make up their minds,   and after the anti-Moore "preference cascade"   spurred  by his "allies"  had already flipped so many people,  it was unlikely that they would rethink their position with more rallies by Moore. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #631 on: December 13, 2017, 04:50:47 pm »
The next person who tells me I have to vote for the Republican candidate to "save us from the Democrats" is going to get a punch in the nose. 

Unless you are a complete moron, this election should prove to you once and for all that the Republicans are just as corrupt, incompetent, lying and backstabbing as the Democrats and certainly as liberal.  They can't even be loyal to and support their own candidate in an election.  In fact, they actively worked to sabotage his election.  All because they were in a snit because their handpicked  candidate in the primaries wad rejected by the voters.   The candidate was a conservative and the party hates conservatives. If you are a conservative, you do not have a home in the Republican party.  If all that isn't clear to you after this election debacle, I don't know what I can do to make you understand. 

Here and now, I declare I won't be voting Republican ever again.  Let the Democrats take over -- looks like they will anyway.  Sorry, Republicans, you lost my membership and now you've lost my vote.  Hey, if you don't care if you win or lose, why should I?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hands:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #632 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »

I’d offer you some, but you’ve still got plenty of egg on your face left to eat from falling for that Roy Moore Is Suing His Accusers! phony tweet you posted everywhere between rub outs the other night.

Don't forget that Roy is refocusing his attention to stopping evil in the world.....

The interviewer noted that Ronald Reagan once said that the Soviet Union was the focus of evil in the modern world.

“You could say that very well about America, couldn’t you?” Moore replied.

“Do you think?” the interviewer replied.

“Well, we promote a lot of bad things,” Moore said. Asked for an example, Moore replied, “Like same-sex marriage.” It was Moore’s refusal to uphold the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on same-sex marriage that led to his second ouster from Alabama’s court.

When the interviewer noted that Putin makes the same argument, Moore didn’t blink.

“Maybe Putin is right,” Moore replied. “Maybe he’s more akin to me than I know.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/12/08/roy-moore-america-was-great-in-era-of-slavery-is-now-focus-of-evil-in-the-world/?utm_term=.923638cbbd4d

God Bless the Soviet Union - Roy "Kiddie Raper" Moore

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #633 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »

Don't bother!  I can see and smell that it's really BS and I'm not about to eat any!

And we'll see who has the egg on their face going forward.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #634 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:54 pm »
Bullshit.  It was the supporters of Constitutional Government and the rule of law who recognized the danger of a self-styled nihilist like Roy Moore. 

Yes,  22,000 "write ins"  were the result of great deliberative thought about the role of constitutional governance in our lives. 

We have 22,000 political philosophers in Alabama.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #635 on: December 13, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »
A few posters here owe @CatherineofAragon an apology.

If you are going to make a joke,   you need to come up with something funnier than that. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #636 on: December 13, 2017, 04:54:18 pm »
Careful dear .... your bitterness is bleeding through.

Not bitterness when it's the truth.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday declared himself “right!” after being wrong twice.
In an early morning tweet, the commander-in-chief backpedaled from his endorsement of Roy Moore after the Republican candidate lost to Democrat Doug Jones in Alabama’s special Senate election on Tuesday.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/13/roy-moore-trump-alabama-senate-race/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

« Reply #637 on: December 13, 2017, 04:55:32 pm »
And we'll see who has the egg on their face going forward.

Still, you dude.......

BTW, today’s histrionics is not helping you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #638 on: December 13, 2017, 04:55:41 pm »
Bullshit.  It was the supporters of Constitutional Government and the rule of law who recognized the danger of a self-styled nihilist like Roy Moore. 

Democrats do not support Constitutional government...period.  The only BS around here is you pushing that particular meme.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #639 on: December 13, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »

At least she's not bleeding through her whatevers.   ^-^

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #640 on: December 13, 2017, 04:56:04 pm »
LOL. Roy Moore is a moral degenerate, thinks the Constitution is junk, is a religious zealot of the order of your average muslim rag head and a fairly stupid person who just lost in one of the reddest red states around.......and you are still defending him?

— Lord Melbourne —

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #641 on: December 13, 2017, 04:59:22 pm »
It really scorches you to your core when the President is right, doesn't it @txradioguy   88devil

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #642 on: December 13, 2017, 04:59:53 pm »

Once the recount is over, I hope he does sue.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #643 on: December 13, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Know what I get a kick out of?  Your sober, interested-only-in-policy act here, while elsewhere you squeal "I just love this president!!!" when somebody posts a requested fan pic.

Fun times!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #644 on: December 13, 2017, 05:02:02 pm »
Don't forget that Roy is refocusing his attention to stopping evil in the world.....

The interviewer noted that Ronald Reagan once said that the Soviet Union was the focus of evil in the modern world.

“You could say that very well about America, couldn’t you?” Moore replied.

“Do you think?” the interviewer replied.

“Well, we promote a lot of bad things,” Moore said. Asked for an example, Moore replied, “Like same-sex marriage.” It was Moore’s refusal to uphold the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision on same-sex marriage that led to his second ouster from Alabama’s court.

When the interviewer noted that Putin makes the same argument, Moore didn’t blink.

“Maybe Putin is right,” Moore replied. “Maybe he’s more akin to me than I know.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/12/08/roy-moore-america-was-great-in-era-of-slavery-is-now-focus-of-evil-in-the-world/?utm_term=.923638cbbd4d

God Bless the Soviet Union - Roy "Kiddie Raper" Moore
Once more, with feeling....

Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Nowhere in the Constitution of the United States is the power to regulate marriage, in any sense, delegated to the Federal Government.

The Alabama Constitution, by Amendment voted for by 81% of the electorate specified that marriage is to be only between one man and one woman. That specification in the Constitution of the State of Alabama, especially with the overwhelming approval of the voters is law, and is compliant with the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

A federal Judge--ANY Federal Judge ruling to overturn the Constitution of The State of Alabama (or any other State) on the matter concerning marriage is usurping an authority not Granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution of the United States.  The ruling should be void.

At least the Soviets are honest about their dictatorship/oligarchy.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #645 on: December 13, 2017, 05:02:33 pm »
Still, you dude.......

BTW, today’s histrionics is not helping you.

According to the person gobbling down bullshit and calling it good!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #646 on: December 13, 2017, 05:02:51 pm »
Roy Moore tried to run a Rose Garden campaign. That kind of laziness doesn't work when you've got the entire Democratic Party and half the Republicans running against you.

He won the primary on reputation. The Democrats won by smearing that reputation.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #647 on: December 13, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »
@jmyrlefuller, show me the post where I called you a molester.  Maybe @driftdiver will, since he “saw” it. 

Can you really not see the difference between being involved in a theater production and being friendly with younger members—- and trolling recitals and malls in your free time for date material?

Get it straight, babe, I’m no victim.  If you’ll recall, I refused to let y’all shut me up.  You won’t be allowed to portray me as such because I called out a person who smeared my dead veteran father.

Unless that kind of thing is okay with you, too...?

@CatherineofAragon
yes you're a perfect angel, you've been wronged but have never done wrong.  Nope you treat all with respect and love.

bwahahahahahahaha

we need a tiny violin emoji
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #648 on: December 13, 2017, 05:03:46 pm »

Yes,  22,000 "write ins"  were the result of great deliberative thought about the role of constitutional governance in our lives. 

We have 22,000 political philosophers in Alabama.
Well, it's easier to produce write in votes and discard the inconvenient ones than just monkey with the numbers in a head to head matchup.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

« Reply #649 on: December 13, 2017, 05:04:09 pm »
Once the recount is over, I hope he does sue.

@jmyrlefuller

So were you able to pull up that post where I called you a child molester?  Put it out here, and if I did it, I'll apologize.