Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 90838 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #525 on: December 13, 2017, 03:03:31 pm »
@LMAO   @Jazzhead

Thanks, but I’m just very pessimistic about the future of conservatism.

Just heard Jonah Goldberg say that Bannon doesn’t understand there is no Trumpism without Trump.  He keeps trying to make these fringe pseudo-Trump characters happen, but it doesn’t work. 
He isn’t the type who’ll bow out gracefully, but hopefully his influence is done.
Conservatism has no future when those who claim to practice it rush to judgement to vilify their own.
It has become another meaningless term, stocked with the ranks of hypocrites and liars who push their personal issues at the expense of the Constitution and all it stands for..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #526 on: December 13, 2017, 03:05:33 pm »
Seems everything since November 2016 has been an utter CF.

Maybe to liberals, they don't have pro-life values.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #527 on: December 13, 2017, 03:06:24 pm »
Conservatism has no future when those who claim to practice it rush to judgement to vilify their own.
It has become another meaningless term, stocked with the ranks of hypocrites and liars who push their personal issues at the expense of the Constitution and all it stands for..

To truly have conservatism in governance, it has to start at the top.  Our own POTUS isn't conservative.  Mixing populism and conservatism is like oil and water.  I knew this when the orange clown started his new hobby.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #528 on: December 13, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »
Roy Moore lost because FAR too many have now been brainwashed in public schools and have exactly NO idea how this once great republic was designed to work!

No, he lost because citizens of his state in this representative republic didn't want him to represent them.  As much as you rail against the 17th Amendment, it's the only reason Moore got this close to being a Senator.  Under the original Constitutional process, he's farther out on the margin than a phony yearbook signature.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #529 on: December 13, 2017, 03:08:21 pm »
Maybe to liberals, they don't have pro-life values.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

So besides placing one SCOTUS judge.......just what has he majorly accomplished?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #530 on: December 13, 2017, 03:08:23 pm »
@Smokin Joe
I know I'm paranoid but I wonder how many of these people are who they say.  How many are real people, real conservatives or even real Americans.  We know the left uses paid trolls and bots to manipulate social media.  We also know there is no low they will not go to in order to further their agenda.  They have virtually unlimited funding supporting their global agenda and nothing else to do.

@driftdiver

You didn't address this to me but I'm going to answer anyway. 

I think there are a great many here who are anything but what they claim to be and have said so many times previously.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2017, 03:08:25 pm »
Yes, @Restored there would have been an Ethics Committee investigation;  not only to get rid of Moore but to grease the skids for the President.

Now the voters have decided in Alabama, just as the voters decided in 2016.  Game, set, match.
Go back 40 years? Well, Good!

Let the Games Begin!

Hang every one of those >bleep< in DC! (Oh, after a speedy trial by television, NPR and WaPo)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2017, 03:09:12 pm »
Seems everything since November 2016 has been an utter CF.

@catfish1957
By design,  the left & egop has been doing its utmost to disrupt the Trump administration. They cannot allow Trump to derail their global agenda and destruction of America.  To hear these 'conservatives' parroting the leftist agenda and talking points is vomit inducing.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2017, 03:11:35 pm »
To truly have conservatism in governance, it has to start at the top.  Our own POTUS isn't conservative.  Mixing populism and conservatism is like oil and water.  I knew this when the orange clown started his new hobby.
I respectfully disagree. To truly have conservatism in governance, it has to start at the bottom.
Without conservative people, conservative voters will not exist, conservative candidates will not exist, and ultimately, conservative government cannot exist. You cannot build a Conservative government on a foundation of Liberalism and Libertine licentiousness.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #534 on: December 13, 2017, 03:12:04 pm »
@catfish1957
By design,  the left & egop has been doing its utmost to disrupt the Trump administration. They cannot allow Trump to derail their global agenda and destruction of America.  To hear these 'conservatives' parroting the leftist agenda and talking points is vomit inducing.

Psssst.... Hate to break it you, but Trump isn't a conservative.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #535 on: December 13, 2017, 03:14:23 pm »
I respectfully disagree. To truly have conservatism in governance, it has to start at the bottom.
Without conservative people, conservative voters will not exist, conservative candidates will not exist, and ultimately, conservative government cannot exist. You cannot build a Conservative government on a foundation of Liberalism and Libertine licentiousness.

Hell man! We now have a full generation coming on who cannot READ cursive writing and couldn't read an original founding document if they wanted to!  We have been destroyed from within and what's coming ain't going to be pretty!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #536 on: December 13, 2017, 03:17:18 pm »
Hell man! We now have a full generation coming on who cannot READ cursive writing and couldn't read an original founding document if they wanted to!  We have been destroyed from within and what's coming ain't going to be pretty!

Yep, I am guessing that now over half of the country is now sucking on the left hind teat of government entitlement.  Why would half of the electorate want to give up the free gravy train?  Unless there something revolutionary, we are F'ed.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #537 on: December 13, 2017, 03:17:51 pm »
Psssst.... Hate to break it you, but Trump isn't a conservative.

@catfish1957

Trump was far from my first choice but when it came down to the general election it was him or Hillary. 

Trump has done far more conservative things than any other President since Reagan. 

So judging by actions since elected he's on the right path, people just can't see through their hate to admit it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #538 on: December 13, 2017, 03:18:38 pm »
Bullshit Frank!  ALL you know about Roy Moore is what the subversive media has told you!  Roy has forgotten more about our Constitution than you and many others here will EVER know!

Thanks for clowning yourself in public here today. I needed a laugh. Your pal Moore thinks everything past the 10th Amendment is garbage and got his lazy stupid ass fired for for violating the Constitution.....twice. He is such a Constitutional scholar he publicly stated that muslims couldn't serve as elected officials because he said ELECTED OFFICIALS NEEDED TO BE SWORN IN ON THE BIBLE. Maybe you can point that out to me in the Constitution.

You keep circling the wagons for a guy so morally and philosophically degenerate that the reddest state in the country chose a jerk who wants 4th trimester abortions instead of him. It's a winner.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:21:47 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #539 on: December 13, 2017, 03:19:43 pm »

QFT
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #540 on: December 13, 2017, 03:19:55 pm »
A few posters here owe @CatherineofAragon an apology.

@Hoodat

Thank you, but I don’t want their apologies.

I enjoyed it all—-the accusations of being a liberal who voted for Democrats; of having serious daddy/psycho-sexual issues; of being a slut who posed for Penthouse.  It was all part of the Roman spectacle.

Then Bigun smeared my dead father, a veteran who saw wartime combat.  One poster—-@Night Hides Not—-called him on it, said it was beyond the pale.  His response was to double down and do it again.  Right_in_Virginia, who posts articles about veterans with the saluting, flag-waving military emoji, told him he was fine, keep it up.

Lots of crap went down at TOS, but I have to admit, not even those apes dragged my dead parents.  See, this is why I say conservatism is dead.  People like that will slander a dead veteran and laugh.  But they believe listening to a Lee Greenwood song and yelling “ amen” makes them patriots. 

That’s what happens when you sell your soul for politics.  It rots. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #541 on: December 13, 2017, 03:22:02 pm »
It would have helped if Moore hadn't shown himself to be an opponent of the Constitution, too. 

"No religious test? Who cares...prophet Roy's interpretation of the Bible trumps that worthless rag!"

You are wrong,  and you are spreading incorrect ideas,  but you don't have sufficient knowledge to debate the subject and be shown how you are wrong. 

This is a reoccurring problem.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #542 on: December 13, 2017, 03:22:12 pm »
Yeah, and he also said that Bannon had nothing to do with the AL election. Guess you forgot the "K Street Rainmaker" quote.

@Frank Cannon

Dude, I can’t keep up with everything!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #543 on: December 13, 2017, 03:23:27 pm »
@catfish1957

Trump was far from my first choice but when it came down to the general election it was him or Hillary. 

Trump has done far more conservative things than any other President since Reagan. 

So judging by actions since elected he's on the right path, people just can't see through their hate to admit it.

I understand the choice and I am damn glad Hitlerly didn't get elected.  Still, it is beyond frustrating that DJT can not cure or control his innmaturity, stop the vindictiveness, and plainly act like a leader for a change.  It is a crime he is squandering his opportunity.

As far as conservatism, I KNOW his political past leanings, and trust him ZERO.  I can say that there is at least a 75% chance we will be seeing a left turn from this chameleon before it is over.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #544 on: December 13, 2017, 03:23:34 pm »
Thanks for clowning yourself in public here today. I needed a laugh. You're pal Moore thinks everything past the 10th Amendment is garbage and got his lazy stupid ass fired for for violating the Constitution.....twice. He is such a Constitutional scholar he publicly stated that muslims couldn't serve as elected officials because he said ELECTED OFFICIALS NEEDED TO BE SWORN IN ON THE BIBLE. Maybe you can point that out to me in the Constitution.

You keep circling the wagons for a guy so morally and philosophically degenerate that the reddest state in the country chose a jerk who wants 4th trimester abortions instead of him. It's a winner.

I'm not the one clowning himself here Frank!  That sir would be you!  And once again I will tell you that Roy Moore has forgotten more about our Constitution than you and many others here will EVER know!

But that's what happens when you allow the GOOBERNMENT to "educate" people!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #545 on: December 13, 2017, 03:24:03 pm »

Moore was the problem, not anyone or anything else you previously mentioned.  Take the sighin' and cryin' to him.

Incorrect,   but people want to believe what they want to believe.    Facts just annoy them. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #546 on: December 13, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »

@Hoodat

I enjoyed it all—-the accusations of being a liberal who voted for Democrats; of having serious daddy/psycho-sexual issues; of being a slut who posed for Penthouse.  It was all part of the Roman spectacle.

Then Bigun smeared my dead father, a veteran who saw wartime combat.  One poster—-@Night Hides Not—-called him on it, said it was beyond the pale.  His response was to double down and do it again.  Right_in_Virginia, who posts articles about veterans with the saluting, flag-waving military emoji, told him he was fine, keep it up.

Lots of crap went down at TOS, but I have to admit, not even those apes dragged my dead parents.  See, this is why I say conservatism is dead.  People like that will slander a dead veteran and laugh.  But they believe listening to a Lee Greenwood song and yelling “ amen” makes them patriots. 

I am sorry I didn't see those posts, I wish you would have filed a post report... **nononono*
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #547 on: December 13, 2017, 03:25:40 pm »

I called you a poor dresser, a Justin Beiber fan and a vegan and I don't even get an honorable mention in your list?

:crying:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #548 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:00 pm »
At this point, if every write-in vote had gone for Moore (write-ins being in the 21,000 vote range), Moore would have won. It's close.

Yes,  it's the people who refused to make a choice that elected the Evil Party stooge.   Evil won out because of an unwillingness to make a decision from the only two possible choices. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #549 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:05 pm »

@Hoodat

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!