Author Topic: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election  (Read 91178 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Leftover Discussion Thread: AL Special Election
« Reply #600 on: December 13, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »
This gets mine.....

Roy Moore's Horse
@RoyMooresHorse
·
16h
I HAD NO CHOICE

I KNOW THINGS ABOUT ROY MOORE THAT WILL HAUNT YOUR SOUL

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyMooresHorse?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcrooksandliars.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fhorse-twitter-goes-after-roy-moore
OhhhhhhKay! You believe quote a talking tweeting horse?  **nononono*
QED
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #601 on: December 13, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »
They are just facing a reality that was obvious to those of us who were on board when Goldwater ran.

I suppose so. Watching it develop year after year is still appalling though.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:23:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #602 on: December 13, 2017, 04:22:22 pm »
Isn't it time to close this "live" election thread @mystery-ak ?

There is other news we can all argue about.

No. I looked at the threads you are posting today and they are boring. I'll stay here.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #603 on: December 13, 2017, 04:23:40 pm »
Will I get those compliments if every other post, I post some profanity? Maybe?  Girly photos?

Oh, well, let's not forget Cruz-Ers stick together.  Er, I mean "alleged" Cruz supporters...

Is Frank a Cruzer?  I didn't know that!  I like him even better.   :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »
Is Frank a Cruzer?  I didn't know that!  I like him even better.   :laugh:

I still have the sticker on my car.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2017, 04:25:36 pm »
I suppose so. Watching it develop year after year still appalls me though.
It is hard watching something you love eaten by termites, and trashed by fools, and finding that despite all reason you are powerless to stop people from insisting on its destruction, when there will be nothing to equal it for a long time, if ever. I can understand the sentiment of those who watched as the golden age of any civilization passed.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #606 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:16 pm »
I still have the sticker on my car.

I'm ignoring you so that I don't ruin your image. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #607 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:26 pm »
QED

You’re just envious she’s wittier than you and has a bigger following.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #608 on: December 13, 2017, 04:26:42 pm »
Interesting to see that so many here don't find it disturbing that someone no Conservative would remotely want in office has been elected, propelled into office by a wave of absolute tabloid level sewage.

It doesn't bother people here that a man's good name has been repeatedly and continuously sullied on the basis of shaky allegations which have been shown to be false or to be based on falsified materials, questionable allegations that date back to the Carter Administration. Some of you have carried the firebrand even here, calling for more wood around the stake.

Yet not one of you was howling for the prosecution of Hillary's well known, well documented, and lucrative crimes affecting National Security not ten years ago.
It puts a new spin on "If it bleeds it leads", not that Hillary hasn't blood on her hands.

That the presumption of innocence has been so readily discarded to gleefully attack a man who has stood in the breach for traditional marriage to the point he lost a prestigious job over it, by people who claim to support the Constitution is a disturbing development, indeed.

The Democrats (Yes, Virginia, there was not one Republican among his accusers and their repeater broadcast network at WaPo), the MSM who played the same 24/7 stuff until people mumbled it in their sleep using the same buzzwords as the Media, and Mitch McConnell, all too happy to throw Moore umder the buss because his buddy didn't get the nomination.

And, yes, the GOPe, who just didn't want Moore privy to the stuff they do in DC because he's the kind of guy who has a track record for standing up for what he thinks is right, and that might not play well with the Kings of K Street.

But even more, I must credit the suckers of America, the great people who believe what they hear and see on teevee, who buy overpriced stuff shown on late-night half hour commercials and give the extra one as a gift (just pay an extra fee, 'cause shipping is free). It is the gullible of America who will conquer this country from within, who (once again) have raised  their heads from whatever picture book they and sounding out the captions and spewed an opinion that would keep the inevitable fickle finger of national attention pointed somewhere else, so their secretary doesn't twist off in a fit of pique and expose a stray pat or touch and claim she, too, has been wronged and the offender should hang after a fast trial by allegation in the court of public opinion.

If this is the world you want, it is the world you get.
When the day comes, stand proudly in front of your Creator and receive the reward you so richly deserve.

In the meantime the slaughter of innocents will continue unopposed, in fact, supported by the new guy from Alabama, and even one here who brays often about being proud voting for the most pro life president, etc, stood in opposition to the candidate who would have fought for the unborn to have something other than an express ticket to the waste bin or a human parts supply house.

For those of you gloating over this loss, you lose, too. The veil has been ripped from your hypocrisy. You don't want Constitutional Government, You don't want a Republic,  nor the protections of a presumption of innocence--you want mob rule, and blood in the streets. A chicken in every pot and some SOB hanging from every lamppost. You are one step closer to getting your wish. When things have finally degraded to be as they were in the times of Noah, we'll see what trumps what. Opinions won't matter in the face of His wrath.

Astute,  objective,  and clear thinking,  however I am thinking that Matthew 7:6 applies here. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #609 on: December 13, 2017, 04:27:49 pm »
No. I looked at the threads you are posting today and they are boring. I'll stay here.

Party on, @Frank Cannon

Lost battles are always worth drowning in.   :beer:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #610 on: December 13, 2017, 04:27:52 pm »
You’re just envious she’s wittier than you and has a bigger following.
I don't play little bluebird games, so, we're not in the same league. Besides, I'm not here or anywhere looking for a following. No envy involved.

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #611 on: December 13, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »
Told you so.

Effing idiots.

What a coincidence!   That is the first thing that pops into my head whenever I see you and a few others have left some sort of message. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2017, 04:29:31 pm »
Tommy. Maybe you will get posts like that if you ever post something coherent.

Cruz 2020!

Yeah!  Let's run another religious zealot @Frank Cannon ... this time nationally!!!   888high58888

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2017, 04:30:00 pm »
It is hard watching something you love eaten by termites, and trashed by fools, and finding that despite all reason you are powerless to stop people from insisting on its destruction, when there will be nothing to equal it for a long time, if ever. I can understand the sentiment of those who watched as the golden age of any civilization passed.

:amen:  Exceedingly hard!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2017, 04:31:23 pm »
We can only hope....

In essence, Alabama's message to Roy Moore was "... and the horse you rode in on!".  It does not mean that Alabama has suddenly gone blue or even purple; it is still a solidly Republican state, for now. 

A better candidate... any better candidate in fact, would have likely changed the results.

Like Luther Strange?   God!  Why do I even bother? 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2017, 04:32:57 pm »
No way.  I listened to Breitbart radio for a few minutes this morning out of curiousity, and he was on and unrepentant.

He has done nothing for which he should be repentant.    He did the best that anyone could have done with the situation that was handed to him.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #616 on: December 13, 2017, 04:35:54 pm »
Yeah!  Let's run another religious zealot @Frank Cannon ... this time nationally!!!   888high58888

Well we also had a gay guy run last election and it wasn't a big deal....

Offline skeeter

« Reply #617 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:11 pm »

Amen.

And thanks, I really appreciate your well reasoned thoughts.

Silver Pines

« Reply #618 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:12 pm »
QED

@Smokin Joe

It’s....it’s called humor.  @edpc doesn’t really believe that a horse can...

Never mind.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #619 on: December 13, 2017, 04:38:01 pm »
LOL. Nice try. Roy Moore was garbage before these scandals. He is a jackass, a moron, Steve Bannon stooge, a phony bible thumping Jesus freak, a perpetual loser. Even if you remove the fact that he admitted to playing big boy games with little girls, he was still wearing a leather vest, cowboy hat, waving a gun and riding a horse in Alabama in 2017. Maybe he can win a Yosemite Sam contest somewhere.

Who was going to win quite decisively before these unprovable allegations ginned up by the Washington Post were spread across the American airwaves. 

And so you now give us "sour grapes"   as your well thought out explanation for what happened?   

For some reason I had been thinking of you as smarter than the average bear.   

Moore would have stomped Jones with no allegations.    All of the things to which you object regarding Moore's personality would not have been objectionable to people from Alabama.   

You don't get 22,000 "write in"  votes because someone rode a horse or showed off a gun.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2017, 04:38:54 pm »
Party on, @Frank Cannon

Lost battles are always worth drowning in.   :beer:

Tell Trump.  He’s probably going to tweet for the next three weeks about why he only pretended to support Moore.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #621 on: December 13, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »
I don't play little bluebird games.....

Roy did.  That’s what got him in this fine mess.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #622 on: December 13, 2017, 04:40:21 pm »
Well we also had a gay guy run last election and it wasn't a big deal....

What??

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #623 on: December 13, 2017, 04:41:05 pm »
Tell Trump.  He’s probably going to tweet for the next three weeks about why he only pretended to support Moore.

Careful dear .... your bitterness is bleeding through.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #624 on: December 13, 2017, 04:42:01 pm »
Roy did.  That’s what got him in this fine mess.

Yeah! Right!  That cotton candy you're gorging on is really delicious isn't it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien