Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 27366 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #300 on: December 18, 2017, 01:52:31 pm »
History clearly shows Muslims take the bacon when it comes to brutality.   They have for 1400 years.   Christians have done some bad things but its not systemic.

To even make that argument is just plain silly.

Not only that Christianity didn't kill anyone. Governmental religion killed lots of people including Jesus.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #301 on: December 18, 2017, 02:02:16 pm »
@roamer_1

There is only a difference in the minds of the cult followers. At least once this lead to a religious war that lasted for over 150 years,and probably resulted in a higher percentage of deaths than any other war in western history.

A little thing you may have heard of called "The Reformation".

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH_C_MORTACRACIES.GIF

What has been the top killing thing of all time?   .... Godless pushing governments. The past 110 years surpass the previous 19 centuries added together.

Chinese communists-76,702,000
Soviet Union-61,911,000
German Nazis-17,000,000
Chinese Nationalists-10,214,000
Japanese militarists-5,890,000
China(Mao Soviets 1923-49)-3,466,000
Cambodia-2,035,000
Turkey-1,883,000
Vietnam-1,670,000(most after the war by communist)
North Korea-1,663,000
Poland-1,585,000
Pakistan-1,503,000
Mexico(1900-20)-1,417,000
Yugoslavia-1,072,000
Russia(1900-17)-1,066,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0218GkAGbnU

War is the least of our problems... 20th century had about 35 million killed via war... yet that just scratches the chart of total deaths (200 to 270 million)....

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/WSJ.TAB1.GIF

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:20:34 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #302 on: December 18, 2017, 02:11:45 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

You are assuming of course that there IS an "Almighty God",but he STILL needed men to scribble his thoughts on clay tablets and goat skin paper.

IF there is a God,I suspect he/she/it/whatever is more than capable of letting his/etc thoughts be known directly,and IF God exists,he is laughing his ass off at the antics of  his "ant farm",amazed that humans are so foolish as to accept the scribbling's of long-dead charlatans and opportunists seeking power are swallowed whole by so many,or just doesn't give a damn one way or the other because this was all nothing more than a high school science display for him.

There is a 99 percent chance the whole thing is nothing more than smoke and mirrors,though. The old lame "there MUST be a God or how could the world have been created?" explanation as "proof" of his existence immediately shuts down questioning when you ask them "If that is true,who created God?"
Limiting God to what You believe He will or won't do?  You really need to get back to your 5th grade class and what the definition of God is that you rejected.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #303 on: December 18, 2017, 02:26:30 pm »
IF there is a God,I suspect he/she/it/whatever is more than capable of letting his/etc thoughts be known directly

That makes sense to me.  I'd rather seek the counsel of God directly than by means of a man-made organization that insists I become a tribal member and proselytize.    This has, of course, been a question for debate for thousands of years - can one know God directly, or must one's knowledge be filtered through the priest or other learned scholars who've parsed the texts of ancient books supposedly authored or inspired by God?

Well,  what books has God authored recently?  It seems He's retired from that game.   Except maybe He's inside of each of us,  willing to counsel anyone with a mind willing to look past morally indefensible dogma for an objective view of what is right and what is wrong. 

I am not going to condemn my monogamous neighbors as perverts and abominations on the say-so of an ancient book.   I know my neighbors, I know their values, I can see with my own eyes that they are good people.   Why should I let the Bible turn me against them?   That isn't God speaking to me; this is a modern-day tribe of the sinful and imperfect insisting that I follow their edict notwithstanding that IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME.   Why did God give me the ability to think and reason and then forbid me from concluding that a stray passage in an ancient book just might be wrong?   
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:32:28 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #304 on: December 18, 2017, 02:51:58 pm »
Why did God give me the ability to think and reason and then forbid me from concluding that a stray passage in an ancient book just might be wrong?   

Unless you have a videotape, it would be hard to prove or disprove anything from 2-3,000 years ago. So you either believe it or you don't. But dismissing parts because you disagree with them is illogical. If it says it, you must accept that it says it. Whether you personally disagree is another matter and perfectly acceptable. But I find most people tend to read it and then say it doesn't exist or that it doesn't really say what it says. That's cult behavior.

God ordered Saul to kill the Amalekite children. That's what it says. If you want to create a different god that doesn't kill the Amalekite children, that's up to you but it isn't Scriptural. Jesus talked about Hell. If you want to create a savior that doesn't do Hell, that's understandable but not Scriptural. That's how Rob Bell got into trouble. He created a god in his own image.

I am not going to condemn my monogamous neighbors as perverts and abominations on the say-so of an ancient book. 

People are not abominations. Actions are abominations.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:54:12 pm by Restored »
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #305 on: December 18, 2017, 02:56:18 pm »
Unless you have a videotape, it would be hard to prove or disprove anything from 2-3,000 years ago. So you either believe it or you don't. But dismissing parts because you disagree with them is illogical. If it says it, you must accept that it says it. Whether you personally disagree is another matter and perfectly acceptable. But I find most people tend to read it and then say it doesn't exist or that it doesn't really say what it says. That's cult behavior.

God ordered Saul to kill the Amalekite children. That's what it says. If you want to create a different god that doesn't kill the Amalekite children, that's up to you but it isn't Scriptural. Jesus talked about Hell. If you want to create a savior that doesn't do Hell, that's understandable but not Scriptural. That's how Rob Bell got into trouble. He created a god in his own image.

People are not abominations. Actions are abominations.

And, besides we are so much smarter and wiser than those ancient writers.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #306 on: December 18, 2017, 03:36:08 pm »
@roamer_1

There is only a difference in the minds of the cult followers. At least once this lead to a religious war that lasted for over 150 years,and probably resulted in a higher percentage of deaths than any other war in western history.

A little thing you may have heard of called "The Reformation".

Nah... Mot even close. The godless Communists are way ahead on that account... Add another hundred million more or so in the insistence on abortion since the rise of godless 3rd-way communism in the West (as Christendom recedes) and nothing touches the godless (just in the last three quarters of a century or so).

And all that is the outright murder of citizenry. The Reformation was largely war between nations.

Again, I invite you to identify my particular cult leader - Should be an easy task for such an erudite mind, To imagine that mind, capable enough at a mere ten years of age, to solve and resolve a tome of such complexity that it has boggled the minds of centuries and centuries (aeons really) of the very best and most educated theologians and scholars - The work of their whole lives dedicated to the task... It is a wonder.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness.

LOL! Really Pete, I'm done with you on this topic. I love ya pal, but your bias in this is only surpassed by your incredible ignorance in the subject matter. It shows, and it's boring. But where it begs offense is in the bare fact that in the last decade or so, I have stood shoulder to shoulder with you personally, in many a debate defending Federalism and Libertarianism, and still you would accuse me of desiring theocracy. That's cold, man, and it's bullshit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #307 on: December 18, 2017, 06:50:56 pm »
Not only that Christianity didn't kill anyone. Governmental religion killed lots of people including Jesus.

@Restored

VERY good point,and one I had completely overlooked. In fact,Jesus was killed because he was the head man of a new religion that was competing with the established religion in power.

Some things will never change.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #308 on: December 18, 2017, 06:56:21 pm »

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH_C_MORTACRACIES.GIF

What has been the top killing thing of all time?   .... Godless pushing governments. The past 110 years surpass the previous 19 centuries added together.

Chinese communists-76,702,000
Soviet Union-61,911,000
German Nazis-17,000,000
Chinese Nationalists-10,214,000
Japanese militarists-5,890,000
China(Mao Soviets 1923-49)-3,466,000
Cambodia-2,035,000
Turkey-1,883,000
Vietnam-1,670,000(most after the war by communist)
North Korea-1,663,000
Poland-1,585,000
Pakistan-1,503,000
Mexico(1900-20)-1,417,000
Yugoslavia-1,072,000
Russia(1900-17)-1,066,000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0218GkAGbnU

War is the least of our problems... 20th century had about 35 million killed via war... yet that just scratches the chart of total deaths (200 to 270 million)....

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/WSJ.TAB1.GIF

@Sighlass

You are conveniently ignoring how many people were murdered in each era as a percentage OF THE POPULATION AT THAT TIME.

Or if you want to play YOUR game,I would like to point out that the highest claimed fatality rate in all of history was due to a Christian murdering own Christian and literal brother,when 25 percent of the existing worldwide population was murdered by a Christian.

Ever heard of Cain and Abel?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #309 on: December 18, 2017, 06:58:09 pm »
Limiting God to what You believe He will or won't do?  You really need to get back to your 5th grade class and what the definition of God is that you rejected.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Is God based as a brain fart a better fit for you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #310 on: December 18, 2017, 07:07:36 pm »
That makes sense to me.  I'd rather seek the counsel of God directly than by means of a man-made organization that insists I become a tribal member and proselytize.    This has, of course, been a question for debate for thousands of years - can one know God directly, or must one's knowledge be filtered through the priest or other learned scholars who've parsed the texts of ancient books supposedly authored or inspired by God?

@Jazzhead

That would first require the CMMFIC's of each religion on the planet to get together and agree on WHO and WHAT "God" is,even before they started murdering each other over what his demands are.

Good luck with that one.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #311 on: December 18, 2017, 07:09:37 pm »
VERY good point,and one I had completely overlooked. In fact,Jesus was killed because he was the head man of a new religion that was competing with the established religion in power.

He was killed for opposing the government. The religious leaders accused him of inciting a rebellion against Rome. Pilate shot down that idea but wanted to avoid trouble. He later ridiculed the religious authorities by posting a sign over Jesus' head that read "King of the Jews".
The Roman church didn't kill people for opposing the faith. They killed them for opposing the church's contrived narratives and for opposing the church government. Translating the Bible into form that could be read by the masses was a capital crime. In short, insurrection against the church. Cults maintain their authority by controlling the narratives and suppressing any disagreement, especially if the data is true.
If you get 10 Methodists in a room to discuss religion, we start disagreeing immediately with the church and each other.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #312 on: December 18, 2017, 07:09:55 pm »
And, besides we are so much smarter and wiser than those ancient writers.

@Sanguine

Yeah,we are. The typical western 3rd grader of today is wiser than any of them.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #313 on: December 18, 2017, 07:13:06 pm »
@Sanguine

Yeah,we are. The typical western 3rd grader of today is wiser than any of them.

Hmmm.  How many 3rd graders do you know?  Not many would be my guess.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #314 on: December 18, 2017, 07:18:23 pm »

Nah... Mot even close. The godless Communists are way ahead on that account... Add another hundred million more or so in the insistence on abortion since the rise of godless 3rd-way communism in the West (as Christendom recedes) and nothing touches the godless (just in the last three quarters of a century or so).

Miss the words "higher percentage of deaths"?

And all that is the outright murder of citizenry. The Reformation was largely war between nations.

You can't possibly believe that crap. It was a war against the Catholic Church by those who didn't want to be Catholic,and didn't think it was right to be tortured to death for not being a Catholic. Every nation in the west at that time had a Catholic "shadow government" that had the right and the power to arrest anyone at any time and put them on trial in a church court. Even royalty weren't immune to arrest,torture,and execution.

Again, I invite you to identify my particular cult leader -

Yeah,just like he is different from every other cult leader. Nice try.

Look,if you want to believe in superstitious nonsense if that is what makes you happy. You have every right to do so as an American citizen. You just don't have the right to demand the rest of live according to your beliefs or face punishment.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #315 on: December 18, 2017, 07:28:33 pm »
He was killed for opposing the government. The religious leaders accused him of inciting a rebellion against Rome. Pilate shot down that idea but wanted to avoid trouble. He later ridiculed the religious authorities by posting a sign over Jesus' head that read "King of the Jews".
The Roman church didn't kill people for opposing the faith. They killed them for opposing the church's contrived narratives and for opposing the church government. Translating the Bible into form that could be read by the masses was a capital crime. In short, insurrection against the church. Cults maintain their authority by controlling the narratives and suppressing any disagreement, especially if the data is true.
If you get 10 Methodists in a room to discuss religion, we start disagreeing immediately with the church and each other.

Explain the Inquisitions, in Spain, France and Italy. I understand non-Catholics (Jews, Protestants) were persecuted, some killed, many fled or falsely converted.

Explain the Christian Protestant church-state under Cromwell. I think lives were lost.

I admit to not holding Christianity on a pedestal, of non-violence.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mod1

« Reply #316 on: December 18, 2017, 07:38:22 pm »
Please stick to the topic and leave off the religious wars.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2017, 03:12:27 am »
@Restored

It wasn't a new religion until Jesus was resurrected, so, nope. Jesus was killed because that was the plan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2017, 03:33:47 am »
It wasn't a new religion until Jesus was resurrected, so, nope. Jesus was killed because that was the plan.

@Smokin Joe

You can't be serious. Jesus already had his disciples,and was already promoting his father/God.

Is it possible you don't know a damn thing about the roots of your own religion?

Offline MOD8

« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2017, 03:46:32 am »
Hey, remember earlier today when Mod1 said, "Leave off the religious wars"?  He meant it.  Knock it off.

Final warning, get back on topic "New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight Men". 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2017, 03:47:23 am »
@Smokin Joe

You can't be serious. Jesus already had his disciples,and was already promoting his father/God.

Is it possible you don't know a damn thing about the roots of your own religion?
Until he was resurrected, he was regarded as a prophet, a healer, and by a few as the Son of God, but coming back is what the religion is based on. Others had healed the sick and done other miracles, but none of them had beaten death itself.
"I am the resurrection and the life.", was something without serious weight until the tomb was empty again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2017, 11:56:09 am »
All right people. For the record, the Amelikites WERE abominable people. As were several dozen other tribes that carried the seed of the Nephilim . The origination of homosexuality came with the rise of pagan worship. I believe there is no genetic predisposition to be homosexual. It is ALL environmental factors. There are a huge number of people who claim to be homosexual out of defiance to their true nature. Defiant to God and His plan. Or they are just plain stupid. They can go flock themselves.

Read Romans chapter one.

There is an alarming number of people in this world today who really do think "fat, stupid, and lazy" is the way to go through life. And there is an equally alarming number of people who agree, or at least acquiesce to the idea. 

Get your shit together. You can't save the world. But you can save yourselves.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2017, 01:16:02 pm »
Ya'll hear a funny noise?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »
@Sighlass

You are conveniently ignoring how many people were murdered in each era as a percentage OF THE POPULATION AT THAT TIME.

Or if you want to play YOUR game,I would like to point out that the highest claimed fatality rate in all of history was due to a Christian murdering own Christian and literal brother,when 25 percent of the existing worldwide population was murdered by a Christian.

Ever heard of Cain and Abel?

Nope... not even close... Over 50%...

Quote from: article
In proportion to its population, Cambodia underwent a human catastrophe unparalleled in this century. Out of a 1970 population of probably near 7,100,0001 Cambodia probably lost slightly less than 4,000,000 people to war, rebellion, man-made famine, genocide, politicide, and mass murder. The vast majority, almost 3,300,000 men, women, and children (including 35,000 foreigners), were murdered within the years 1970 to 1980 by successive governments and guerrilla groups. Most of these, a likely near 2,400,000, were murdered by the communist Khmer Rouge.

The Khmer Rouge were fanatical communists who wanted to establish the most advanced and purist form of communism in the world.....

Source: https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/SOD.CHAP4.HTM

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:26:02 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2017, 02:06:53 pm »
Ya'll hear a funny noise?

Sort of a tortured scream?