Author Topic: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men  (Read 27363 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: New Study Shows Gay Men Have Variation Of DNA Over Straight men
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2017, 01:19:09 pm »
There is no moral vacuum. This government, if it eschews the Laws of YHWH, is promoting another morality, and in that, another law. In the words of Bob Dylan, 'You've Got To Serve Somebody'.

Without the observance of YHWH's Law of Liberty, there will be no liberty at all.

@roamer_1

And the prime difference between you and the Taliban is......?

Do NOT try to claim that Christianity is any less brutal. History proves that to be a lie. Dictatorships dictate,and there ain't no such critter as a Dictatorship where the people live free.

On the other hand,this IS a free country,and if YOU  or anyone else CHOOSES to live according to cult laws instead of Constitutional laws,that is your right. You just don't have the right to DEMAND the rest of us live according to them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2017, 01:26:22 pm »
it is a political agenda, SP.  If certain types can be found to have 'no choice but to be immoral', then they become a protected class and the Bible becomes hate speech.

@IsailedawayfromFR

The Bible pretty much IS hate speech.

Unless of course you think damning people to an eternity of burning in Hells Fire for having sex,not attending cult meetings,getting drunk,etc,etc,etc is a kind and loving thing to do.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2017, 01:28:08 pm »
Well, if it is genetic, than they have an excuse that absolves them of choice (and responsibility) in their behaviour--at least in their mind.

@Smokin Joe

That's true,but WHY does any adult have to justify legal behavior to anyone in a free country? That is the question that should be asked first.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »
Well,  if it is genetic, then it has the high probability of being detected in early childhood and TREATED via gene therapy.  This could lead to the elimination of those that carry the mutation and treatment for those afflicted before sexuality is established.  In a generation or two, perhaps even the total elimination of homosexuality.

.... think about it.

@Taxcontrol

And HOW would that be a bad thing,even in the minds of the vast majority of the homosexuals,who want nothing as much as they want to be accepted as what we laughingly call "normal"?

WHY do you think they are making such an effort to be considered to be "mainstream"? I suspect life is a living hell for most teen homosexuals.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »

I have thought about it, a lot.

Peril Resides In The Promise of Gene Editing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/theworldpost/wp/2017/12/15/genomics/?utm_term=.64bc119d5929

@To-Whose-Benefit?

You are 100 percent correct. That is a prime example of WHY government must be monitored and controlled by an informed citizenry.

And it's not just because of this subject. Seems like most new technology has the ability to be abused by those in charge,and this is why government needs to be kept on a short chain.

It is also up to use to make sure we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. There are STILL members of religious cults today that allow their children to die rather than have them receive life-saving medical treatment "because it is Gawd's will!"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:36:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2017, 01:39:24 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

You are 100 percent correct. That is a prime example of WHY government must be monitored and controlled by an informed citizenry.

And it's not just because of this subject. Seems like most new technology has the ability to be abused by those in charge,and this is why government needs to be kept on a short chain.

It is also up to use to make sure we don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. There are STILL members of religious cults today that allow their children to die rather than have them receive life-saving medical treatment "because it is Gawd's will!"

@sneakypete

All the way back to fire Pete.

Use it to keep from freezing to death, or use it to burn someone else to death.

"Govt is like fire, a dangerous servant and a terrible master."
George Washington
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:46:30 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2017, 01:56:24 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Unless of course you think damning people to an eternity of burning in Hells Fire for having sex,not attending cult meetings,getting drunk,etc,etc,etc is a kind and loving thing to do.
The simple thing to think about is whether there is a Creator or not. If there is, then the Bible is indeed hate speech, but since it is His Bible, it is His hate speech.  One adhers to it or faces the consequences.

If, however, one believes there is no Creator, then one has no problem, as there are no morals that concern you, and BTW, there is no Constitution governing this country anyway as it was made subservient to God.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2017, 02:04:31 pm »
@roamer_1

Do NOT try to claim that Christianity is any less brutal. History proves that to be a lie. Dictatorships dictate,and there ain't no such critter as a Dictatorship where the people live free.

On the other hand,this IS a free country,and if YOU  or anyone else CHOOSES to live according to cult laws instead of Constitutional laws,that is your right. You just don't have the right to DEMAND the rest of us live according to them.

Right. I hear that one all the time... But the most brutal places on earth are those where the state deems religion to be false. In fact, I can think of no more benign place than the Christian West, when it comes to tolerance. In fact, we've gone past the art form and turned it into a fault.

And your absurd statement regarding my DEMANDS - Utter pap.
The demand is for a unified and singular moral code - ONE right and wrong. Anything else is impossible to govern.
That moral code, for as long as we have been in existence, has been the Judeo-Christian Ethic. That is what our laws and precedence are written for. That is what was here when we were free, and the further we slide from it, the more our liberty slips away.

Relative Morality will be our doom.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2017, 02:06:40 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

LOL! Maybe you should read it sometime and find out what it actually does say.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2017, 02:18:11 pm »
The simple thing to think about is whether there is a Creator or not. If there is, then the Bible is indeed hate speech, but since it is His Bible, it is His hate speech.  One adhers to it or faces the consequences.

If, however, one believes there is no Creator, then one has no problem, as there are no morals that concern you, and BTW, there is no Constitution governing this country anyway as it was made subservient to God.

@IsailedawayfromFR

You are assuming of course that there IS an "Almighty God",but he STILL needed men to scribble his thoughts on clay tablets and goat skin paper.

IF there is a God,I suspect he/she/it/whatever is more than capable of letting his/etc thoughts be known directly,and IF God exists,he is laughing his ass off at the antics of  his "ant farm",amazed that humans are so foolish as to accept the scribbling's of long-dead charlatans and opportunists seeking power are swallowed whole by so many,or just doesn't give a damn one way or the other because this was all nothing more than a high school science display for him.

There is a 99 percent chance the whole thing is nothing more than smoke and mirrors,though. The old lame "there MUST be a God or how could the world have been created?" explanation as "proof" of his existence immediately shuts down questioning when you ask them "If that is true,who created God?"

Offline musiclady

« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2017, 03:24:08 pm »
Right. I hear that one all the time... But the most brutal places on earth are those where the state deems religion to be false. In fact, I can think of no more benign place than the Christian West, when it comes to tolerance. In fact, we've gone past the art form and turned it into a fault.

The demand is for a unified and singular moral code - ONE right and wrong. Anything else is impossible to govern.
That moral code, for as long as we have been in existence, has been the Judeo-Christian Ethic. That is what our laws and precedence are written for. That is what was here when we were free, and the further we slide from it, the more our liberty slips away.

Another great post @roamer_1 .

But the truth of what you say has a difficult time passing through a sealed mind and a hate-filled heart.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #286 on: December 18, 2017, 01:58:51 am »
@roamer_1

History proves that anyone with power and wealth will, sooner or later, use it to nefarious ends.
Power Corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Despite your ranting about the largest and most powerful organizations of Christianity, there are no secular organizations which have been free of corruption, abuse of power, and when possible subjugation and abuse of people. That doesn't make it right, but there are many in those same organizations who have done, and continue to do good as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #287 on: December 18, 2017, 02:02:12 am »
Is this dumb thread still going?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #288 on: December 18, 2017, 02:09:40 am »
@roamer_1

He doesn't have any affect on other people's lives and the Taliban killed mass amounts of people?
And the prime difference between you and an over-dramatic 8th grade girl is......?
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

« Reply #289 on: December 18, 2017, 02:11:54 am »
Apparently, it is.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:55 am »

IF there is a God,I suspect he/she/it/whatever is more than capable of letting his/etc thoughts be known directly,and IF God exists,he is laughing his ass off at the antics of  his "ant farm",amazed that humans are so foolish as to accept the scribbling's of long-dead charlatans and opportunists seeking power are swallowed whole by so many,or just doesn't give a damn one way or the other because this was all nothing more than a high school science display for him.

Translation: There is no God but here is what He is like.
Brilliant. It's why I left the Atheist church. Too many atheists sat around obsessing and hating on a God that they said didn't exist. That's not even logical.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2017, 02:12:59 am »
Is this dumb thread still going?

'Fraid so.   :crying:

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2017, 02:14:04 am »
Apparently, it is.

Thank you for your efforts to keep it going. You are the wind beneath our wings
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2017, 02:16:33 am »
@roamer_1

@sneakypete

History clearly shows Muslims take the bacon when it comes to brutality.   They have for 1400 years.   Christians have done some bad things but its not systemic.

To even make that argument is just plain silly.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Oceander

« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2017, 02:16:47 am »
Thank you for your efforts to keep it going. You are the wind beneath our wings

Whatever

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2017, 02:29:48 am »

@roamer_1

One of the biggest piles of crap I have ever heard in my entire life.

What you are doing is focusing on MAYBE the last 50 years in the west,while totally ignoring thousands of years of brutality,torture,and murder at the very hands of the people proclaimed as the most pious.

AND.....,ONLY because enough people got tired of that crap that laws were passed limiting the power of organized religion. Which people like you protest against on a daily basis as you call for a "return to our spiritual roots".

The demand is for a unified and singular moral code - ONE right and wrong. Anything else is impossible to govern

OK,no problem. Let's toss yours aside and use mine. After all,yours wants a return to the "good old days",where the Bible is the Law of the Land. I DO give MOST of you credit for choosing the "NEW AND IMPROVED WORD OF GAWD!" instead of the Old Testament,but the true fundies will be working hard and promoting a return to the "Original Word of Gawd" the very next day.

One of the biggest lies ever told,and the saddest part is you believe it yourself.

Yeah,causen hit worked so gud in the past,huh?

Tell  ya what. If you want to fondle snakes,institute religious courts,etc,etc,etc,you just have right at it for you and yours. Leave me out of it.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:31:44 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:24 am »
LOL! Maybe you should read it sometime and find out what it actually does say.

@roamer_1

I DID read it. By the time I was in the 5th grade. And rejected it.

Granted,I didn't bother to have a cult leader decode it for me to tell me what it REALLY meant instead of what it stated. My bad.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2017, 02:39:10 am »
Another great post @roamer_1 .

But the truth of what you say has a difficult time passing through a sealed mind and a hate-filled heart.

@musiclady

I resent the implication. I subscribe to no religion.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2017, 02:43:56 am »
@roamer_1

I DID read it. By the time I was in the 5th grade. And rejected it.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Granted,I didn't bother to have a cult leader decode it for me to tell me what it REALLY meant instead of what it stated. My bad.

Ahh... would you care to venture a guess which 'cult leader' I follow?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2017, 12:56:44 pm »
ROTFLMAO!!!

Ahh... would you care to venture a guess which 'cult leader' I follow?

@roamer_1

There is only a difference in the minds of the cult followers. At least once this lead to a religious war that lasted for over 150 years,and probably resulted in a higher percentage of deaths than any other war in western history.

A little thing you may have heard of called "The Reformation".